Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:14:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35302 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #60 on July 20, 2019, 10:42:54 am by the vicar »
I am sure they will be in in good time, DM will not be rushed as he is a strong and determined man with many good friends in the game that will see him through

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 20, 2019, 10:56:59 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Someone on twitter posting that Middleton was at Cantley Park yesterday!

Maybe Harry saying hello to a few old mates!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 20, 2019, 11:22:19 am by Drover »
I posted earlier about DM not pursuing the Middleton signing. That was in response to the speculation and felt I could offer something to the debate, and certainly the positive thoights of our new manager. It doesn't surprise  me that certain posters will still find the negative in that.

Im quite pleased with DM thinking he can get better than Middleton,I've got a gut feeling Middleton may start well,but his performances could well drop off through the season.Just my opinion,I may well be totally wrong.If he goes Coventry,I will be interested to see how he does.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 20, 2019, 01:25:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
A reminder to one and all - we signed Herbie Kane on 2 August last year and we played our first game of the season on 4 August.

Acquiring quality players and them integrating into the side does not necessarily need a long lead time.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 20, 2019, 01:49:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
Before the start of the season we need another CH commanding, if we are playing 4 2 3 1. Then we need two out of the three behind the striker. Preferably who can score and create.
Before the transfer window closes we need another goal keeper and a striker similar to John as we haven’t got another hold up centre-forward.
So I make that Five before the transfer window closes. If we can off load 2/3 aswell that would help.

If John goes or Ben goes they will have to be replaced like for like..

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 20, 2019, 01:50:51 pm by Retdon1 »
The one positive that I believe we can take from today and Tuesdays games is that hopefully Moore will now realise that we need to bring in 4 or 5 new quality players to help improve this team and we need them sharpish

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 20, 2019, 01:51:50 pm by Retdon1 »
I don’t know why Whiteman isn’t playing today but I have heard that Wigan and Hull are both very interested in him

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 20, 2019, 01:59:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
The result is irrelevant really but nothing changed for me, from when McCann left. We need the same players now as we needed then as above.
We also need to try and get rid of the transfer listed ones.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 20, 2019, 02:18:25 pm by redbrez »
Bit worrying , but still only a friendly , my own opinion but I think we need at least 5 or 6 players and that's just at a minimum?

3 midfieldes,  at least 2 striker wide players , and a center half
And we need to be looking at a creative player to eventually replace copps?

Forgot we had sheaf , but not seen enough of him ? But guessing he will fight with Whiteman for his position?Gomez seems more like a development player?

Think we need more goal threat , creative midfielders?

Moved this to here bit more relevant thread

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 20, 2019, 02:20:15 pm by dickos1 »
A reminder to one and all - we signed Herbie Kane on 2 August last year and we played our first game of the season on 4 August.

Acquiring quality players and them integrating into the side does not necessarily need a long lead time.

As has been mentioned previously this is fine if we only need one or two additions. But if we’re adding 4/5 players then it’s no good all them rocking up a few days before the season stats

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 20, 2019, 03:42:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's see what the boss says. I don't think we have an immediate need for 4 or 5 players to be ready for the home game v Gillingham.

We may need a bit more on the attacking front to provide the same goal threat that came from Wilks. I'm confident Sadlier will contribute but whether it's enough to be regarded as a goalscorer, I'm not sure so depending on how DM sees it, he'll be more likely a left side attacking midfielder. May might come good but yes there's doubts that he can coomand a starting berth.

Midfield. Whiteman, Sheaf, Crawford, Sadlier, Coppinger, Blair, Gomez. That's not an unreasonable group to choose from.

Defence. Yes, Anderson and Wright need back up.

We will need perhaps a bit more quality back up to make up the first choice 18 man squad but our immediate need isn't that much as it stands.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 20, 2019, 03:56:47 pm by bpoolrover »
Think we need a more creative player than we have at the minute, a forward and a defender I would hope before the season starts

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 20, 2019, 04:07:52 pm by Rovers91 »
In my opinion what we need at the very least.

Replacement for Butler
Replacement for Downing
Replacement for Rowe
Replacement for Wilks
Another striker because if Marquis gets injured we are screwed

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 20, 2019, 04:21:01 pm by since-1969 »
The window for league 1 and 2 does not shut till end of August. Although we need players before then if we are going to aim for promotion.
So the Premier League and the Championship closes before the end  of August? If so then we should be hearing very soon if we’re signing / loans from anywhere in that direction.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 20, 2019, 04:33:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
No, the Premiership and Championship window closes at the beginning of August.

They can ship out but not have any incoming signings (I think).

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 20, 2019, 06:03:59 pm by Retdon1 »
No, the Premiership and Championship window closes at the beginning of August.

They can ship out but not have any incoming signings (I think).

That’s correct, premier league and championship clubs transfer window to buy players shuts on the 8th of August. League 1 & 2 window shuts on the 1st of September. Premier league and championship clubs can still sell/loan players though after their window shuts

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 20, 2019, 06:51:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don’t think starting XI as it stands is bad at all.

Lawlor
James
Anderson
Wright
Halliday
Whiteman
Sheaf
Blair
Copps
Sadlier
Marquis

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 20, 2019, 07:08:16 pm by NickDRFC »

Lawlor
James
Anderson
Wright
Halliday
Whiteman
Sheaf
Blair
Copps
Sadlier
Marquis

That’s decent enough, the problem is that it’s weaker than the side that finished last season (as things stand - Sheaf could turn out to be better than Kane, the full backs could have a huge impact and Sadlier could really progress) and there’s not a lot beyond that XI.

I hope (and expect - have plenty of faith!) for 3-4 new players to challenge for a place ahead of any one of those players by the time the season kicks off.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 20, 2019, 07:09:11 pm by scawsby steve »

Lawlor
James
Anderson
Wright
Halliday
Whiteman
Sheaf
Blair
Copps
Sadlier
Marquis

You're right Chris, not bad at all, but for promotion, at least 4 players short.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 20, 2019, 07:16:03 pm by Retdon1 »

Lawlor
James
Anderson
Wright
Halliday
Whiteman
Sheaf
Blair
Copps
Sadlier
Marquis

That side is mid table at best

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 20, 2019, 07:34:33 pm by john_donc857 »
Don’t think we have to worry about the defence. Being a quality centre half like he was , he’ll build from the back and take it from there. Hopefully his No 2 will be more attacking orientated

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 20, 2019, 07:47:15 pm by steve@dcfd »

Lawlor
James
Anderson
Wright
Halliday
Whiteman
Sheaf
Blair
Copps
Sadlier
Marquis

The defence is the best part of the team but Downing and Butler were better.
Midfield Whiteman is the best Sheaf as not got the same qualities has Kane.
Blair again as not got the same qualities as (Rowe scores goals)
Coppinger is another year older will it start catching up.
Sadlier does not have the same qualities as (Wilks scores goals,faster and physically stronger)

Marquis will he still be here if he is he will score but not as many because the quality in the rest of the side is less. Not enough goals from the rest of the side either.

So mid table at best and not enough quality behind that eleven to improve.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:17:33 pm by steve@dcfd »

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 20, 2019, 07:59:17 pm by godlike1 »

Lawlor
James
Anderson
Wright
Halliday
Whiteman
Sheaf
Blair
Copps
Sadlier
Marquis

The defence is the best part of the team but Downing and Butler were better.
Midfield Whiteman is the best Sheaf as not got the same qualities has Kane.
Blair again as not got the same qualities as (Rowe scores goals)
Coppinger is another year older will it start catching up.
Sadlier does not have the same qualities as (Wilks scores goals,faster and physically stronger)

Marquis will he still be here if he is he will score but not as many because the quality in the rest of the side is less. Not enough goals from the rest of the side either.

So mid table at best and not enough quality behind that eleven to improve.

I agree with that.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 20, 2019, 08:20:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
The other thing we were led to believe by GB and SM we had a good list of players waiting not just Middleton. It was said permanent as well as loans. We wouldn’t want Kane it was said and would be aiming for promotion.

Therefore if DM wants his own players then let’s hope between the manager and Gavin they get them signed as quick as possible or does it all rely on John going first.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 20, 2019, 08:23:15 pm by dickos1 »
Blair is a totally different player to Rowe and I would imagine Blair would be in the front 3.
Rowe played a very very small part last season so replacing him isn’t something that we drastically need to do.
We don’t need to replace butler and downing, one good centre half would be enough.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 20, 2019, 08:36:31 pm by Retdon1 »
Just read Moores latest interview in the free press from today about transfers. He says he hopes to add 1 or 2 new players to the squad to help it, but only if the right players become available... Darren we need much more than 1 or 2. We are facing a season around mid table if he thinks that’s all we need.

It then says we are looking at offering Will Atkinson a short term contract. This is a lad who couldn’t get in the starting 11 at Mansfield last season.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 20, 2019, 08:37:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
Blair is a totally different player to Rowe and I would imagine Blair would be in the front 3.
Rowe played a very very small part last season so replacing him isn’t something that we drastically need to do.
We don’t need to replace butler and downing, one good centre half would be enough.

Rowe scored more goals per minutes played than any other midfield player  so his goals need replacing. Kane’s goals from midfield need replacing. I’m not comparing Blair to Rowe either but if we want a side aiming for promotion he not a front three or three behind a striker either, good squad player.
Not saying we need a replacement for both Downing and Butler, infact if GM had given him a decent years contract he would still be here. But we do need a CH who is a leader and come straight into the first team.
Like Retdon1 said we need more than 1 or 2 players don’t want squad players. Again were we, are we relying on John going to allow us to bring in the quality we needed and still need.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:42:27 pm by steve@dcfd »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 20, 2019, 08:41:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
How DM blends this group will be the key to our season, but we do need extra.

Rather than just saying we need xyz players, why not imagine you have 100 units of cash  left on top of current expenditure between now and the end of the season, how would you invest that think of wages not buying, and including loans.

I'd spend 25 of it on an experienced central playmaking boss of a midfielder, in the realm of Wellens, and 30 on a forward either similar to Wilkes, or compromising a bit of his pace for height.

Experience also needed at the back, so 23 there. Someone like Butler/Jones.

That would leave 22 for Jan.

There's a risk in all that if we get injuries, but if you're aiming high with limited funds I don't think there's an option not to risk.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 20, 2019, 08:42:19 pm by craigdrfc »
Not seen that interview myself, but if this is the case then I think we all need to consider this coming season as one of consolidation (at best) with the aim being a tilt at promotion in 20/21. Personally I wouldn't have too much of a problem with that given how McCann left us. It might be a far more bitter pill for other posters to swallow though!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 20, 2019, 08:50:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Just read Moores latest interview in the free press from today about transfers. He says he hopes to add 1 or 2 new players to the squad to help it, but only if the right players become available... Darren we need much more than 1 or 2. We are facing a season around mid table if he thinks that’s all we need.

It then says we are looking at offering Will Atkinson a short term contract. This is a lad who couldn’t get in the starting 11 at Mansfield last season.

That is depressing. He sounded like we won't be adding another CB either. We won't be anywhere near as strong as last season at this rate and the only chance we have of the play offs is if the quality of the league has weakened compared to last season which I believe it has.

Losing friendlies doesn't bother me. Not strengthening certain areas does.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:55:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012