Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:34:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Get those two strikers in asap!  (Read 34149 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Get those two strikers in asap!
« Reply #30 on August 03, 2019, 06:58:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I don’t think Gomez was shocking at all. Quite liked the look of him. Probably squad player mind.

Looked like a player who can make things happen and a bit raw so easy to get frustrated when watching but he always got in positions just needs to learn what to do when he’s in them. Could be a player given time probably a good player to bring on for now

Yeah this. He's got ability, his decision making lets him down at times though. Will be a good player if given game time to develop.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 03, 2019, 06:58:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Those who said the 1st half was bad, dire awful etc. i would say are somewhat over reacting. I would use the word disjointed.
The goal came at the perfect time and the 2nd half was excellent, not perfect of course.
We are work in progress but everyone must surely be encouraged by what they saw today with 6 new players used.
Couple more front men ( goal scorers ) and we are motoring.
This is going to be a very exciting season. As I keep saying fasten your seat belts it’s going to be a fabulous ride.

This is spot on. when we did get it down in midfield in the first half we were good it so obviously just the lads had hardly played together

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 03, 2019, 06:59:47 pm by esdailles left foot »
I was worried about Baptiste in the first half, but thought Baptiste were a lot better in the second half

Concerned !. Titanic turned quicker

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 03, 2019, 07:01:40 pm by Campsall rover »
I don’t think Gomez was shocking at all. Quite liked the look of him. Probably squad player mind.

Looked like a player who can make things happen and a bit raw so easy to get frustrated when watching but he always got in positions just needs to learn what to do when he’s in them. Could be a player given time probably a good player to bring on for now

Yeah this. He's got ability, his decision making lets him down at times though. Will be a good player if given game time to develop.
Very much agree. I see considerable ability.
He is inexperienced but DM is the right man to develop his talent.
If he has the desire then he is going to be a very good player.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:05:15 pm by Campsall rover »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 03, 2019, 07:03:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
We lacked thought, physicality and movement in the final third, until Ennis added movement after he came on.

Still a bit of work to do, obviously. A better team would have put the Gills to the sword.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 03, 2019, 07:05:32 pm by IDM »
I was worried about Baptiste in the first half, but thought Baptiste were a lot better in the second half

Concerned !. Titanic turned quicker

If we utilise his defensive strengths as a CB then pave and mobility are less of an issue..

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 03, 2019, 07:43:41 pm by Retdon1 »
Halliday was a bit more adventurous but wasted some opportunities with slack passing.

Sorry, not true at all. Defensively Halliday was brilliant and hardly gave the ball away. The lad on the other side did but Halliday was my MOM.

Did u watch the first half when he kept getting caught miles out of position and repeatedly gave the ball away. He improved in the 2nd half but was know where near our best player today

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 03, 2019, 08:03:08 pm by drfchound »
First half, Gillingham were generally the better side but after the break we were the most likely to win.
Gomes would have scored had it not been fo a fantastic last ditch block that deflected the ball over the bar.
Overall he did ok, nothing more but certainly wasn’t as bad as some are suggesting.
Defensively we look solid in the second half and were never troubled.
It was my first viewing of the new players today so it is hard to form an opinion based on that but it looked like they were getting to know each other and the second half improvement reflected that.
Sadlier did a decent job in a role he is not used to and took his goal well.
Ennis did ok when he came on but gave the ball away too easily on three occasions on half way.
Luckily nothing came of it.
He looks very confident though, confident enough to do that trick just a minute into his debut.
Depending on who we bring in to fill the CF slot we can pose a bigger threat up front because we need someone there who is used to playing that role.
Overall, can do better.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 03, 2019, 08:08:02 pm by NewDonny »
Sadlier is not a centre forward, great volley mind

No he's not but has put two bloody big great shifts in up there as a lone striker across last two weeks games v's Hull & again today against Gillingham. I am sure he himself will be very glad to revert back to his favourite wide with or in behind the striker.

Whiteman, Sheaf and Sadlier will be big important players for us this season.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 03, 2019, 08:16:05 pm by the vicar »
Baptiste looked solid, just a little slow. Which is a concern as I’m not sure how much support Halliday will be offering.
and how many fast centre half's do you know as specially in this division that is why they are centre halfs

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 03, 2019, 08:17:00 pm by Dare to dream! »
Do we need two extra strikers? Ennis + one more should be enough if we are only playing with 1 up top.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 03, 2019, 08:28:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Do we need two extra strikers? Ennis + one more should be enough if we are only playing with 1 up top.

This is why i think we don't need Ward if we get those two no way we need him

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 03, 2019, 08:29:24 pm by mushRTID »
Can’t have too many good players. Get Ward and two strikers and we’re flying.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 03, 2019, 08:30:25 pm by Spilsby Red »
There has been two cash offers made for two forwards. Inside information. Wouldn’t say names or clubs.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 03, 2019, 08:31:18 pm by mushRTID »
There has been two cash offers made for two forwards. Inside information. Wouldn’t say names or clubs.

This was confirmed by Moore on Thursday

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 03, 2019, 08:31:39 pm by Spilsby Red »
I thought Gomes had a decent game. Young and still learning

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 03, 2019, 08:40:53 pm by swintonrover »

When you say cash, are we seeing Gavin Baldwin with a suitcase full of £50s?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 03, 2019, 08:52:19 pm by Retdon1 »

Definitely still need 2 for me, but 1 needs to be able to play anywhere across a front 3. If we only bring 1 in and he got injured, it’s a lot of pressure on Ennis to play week in week out and be needed to score goals. Plus Ennis can play out wide.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 03, 2019, 08:58:57 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Ace if it's Winnall and Hylton

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 03, 2019, 09:25:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We ought to be an attractive proposition for strikers as there are a bagful of chances being created.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 03, 2019, 10:07:49 pm by RedJ »

When you say cash, are we seeing Gavin Baldwin with a suitcase full of £50s?

£100s, mate.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 03, 2019, 10:09:36 pm by NewDonny »
We lacked thought, physicality and movement in the final third, until Ennis added movement after he came on.

Still a bit of work to do, obviously. A better team would have put the Gills to the sword.

Then watch Sadlier's movement in the box to make time and space for our goal then, how's that for "thought & movement" for you.

**** **** I despair at some poeple on here!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 03, 2019, 10:12:01 pm by 5minstogo »
The whole team were better second half. The first half was very worrying. Halliday kept coming so far inside that at times he was playing left back. Much better in the second half  and a huge improvement on Blair playing there.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 03, 2019, 10:13:02 pm by drfchound »

Then watch Sadlier's movement in the box to make time and space for our goal then, how's that for "thought & movement" for you.

I do suspect that you are a close relative of Sadlier.

It was a great finish but he isn’t a natural number nine type of CF.
We need someone to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 03, 2019, 10:19:08 pm by Dare to dream! »
Ace if it's Winnall and Hylton

I'm not keen on either. Rather we go in a different direction.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 03, 2019, 10:33:07 pm by since-1969 »
Sadlier is not a centre forward, great volley mind
Very true but put him along side a seasoned finisher he could be very useful .

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 03, 2019, 10:47:43 pm by NewDonny »

I do suspect that you are a close relative of Sadlier.

It was a great finish but he isn’t a natural number nine type of CF.
We need someone to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

You can think what you want but you would still be a country mile away. I love watching wonderful talent but get very irritated by so called armchair footballers/keyboard warriors that clearly have no clu and simply want to find fault in the players on the pitch all the time.

Please read again what I have said in some of my recent pots instead off concentrating on what you want to say and or interpret what I write. Sadlier is not a striker and definitely not a CF but has given us two great shifts in there and a terrific goal today with his excellent movement and finish. I can only deduce that you have either not been to a game recently or if you have you cannot have concentrated very well as his hold up/link up play has been excellent when its into his feet and he brings others around him into play.

Were you there, do you need to concentrate better?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 03, 2019, 10:54:41 pm by RoversAlias »
I can tell you Hound was 1000% at the game today.

Sadlier isn't a centre forward, he put a good shift in today and has bags of ability, terrific goal he scored. Not a brilliant all-round performance but he made the difference. I think he could be a huge player for us this season but it'll either be out wide or as a #10.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 03, 2019, 11:01:04 pm by since-1969 »
Stadlier is one of those players who scores clever goals and instinctive ones . He has pace but often forgets what direction to go . We need a quality natural striker with an all round game  but so does everyone else and L1 is a difficult place to find them . Our loans will see goals from Ennis but it’s not great business really when at the end of a productive season you end giving them back . How much are we bidding for players who may have started today for their clubs making even harder to prise them away .

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 03, 2019, 11:13:25 pm by Pancho Regan »
Gomes was shocking. Game changed for the better when Ennis came on.

He struggled but to say he was shocking is very harsh.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012