Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:46:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton game off  (Read 28807 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton game off
« Reply #30 on August 19, 2019, 04:13:22 pm by Move DRFC »
I'd be astounded if we aren't awarded 3 points. You can't just call off a league fixture yourselves

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 19, 2019, 04:13:33 pm by Bezza »
Would FL let Doncaster get away with this? absolutely no chance,

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 19, 2019, 04:14:33 pm by scawsby steve »
I'm f*cking fuming. I honestly hope the club goes under now. No sympathy left for them at all.

Do we now get a refund for our tickets?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 19, 2019, 04:15:11 pm by Scooter »
This is rubbish. I have tickets and manipulated my working day so I can go. Will we get a refund?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 19, 2019, 04:17:02 pm by Dare to dream! »
It’s a f**king Liberty, they’re lucky enough to have not been expelled and been given ample leniency by the EFL to get their takeover competed and now they’re calling the shots?

Out of order, hope we don’t roll over on this one.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 19, 2019, 04:18:40 pm by MachoMadness »
I believe Brentford got a 1-0 win last season when BWFC couldn't fulfil a fixture as they couldn't afford the ambulance staff for the crowd (I believe). Surely the same should happen here - the reason is even more tenuous this time! For them to not even inform Rovers beforehand is shocking.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 19, 2019, 04:22:16 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Surely when its Bolton themselves cancelling the game they should be giving up the 3 points and it should be an automatic 3-0 win for us.

Unless I'm taking Fifa too literally  :lol:

can we nominate the goalscorers   May Sterling Ennis
:suicide:

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 19, 2019, 04:22:27 pm by drfc1951 »
But the EFL don't give a shit about us, bet we still have to play them when they have a full squad of players to choose from.

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Bolton game postponed
« Reply #38 on August 19, 2019, 04:23:29 pm by dknward2 »
The cut off date should be the by the first game of the season and if you refuse to play a game kicked from the league all results expunged

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 19, 2019, 04:23:57 pm by redarmy82 »
Another journo has said as we haven't been informed through the correct channels we will continue to prepare for the game, and could still turn up tomorrow ready to play.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 19, 2019, 04:25:48 pm by glosterred »
Anyone know if this has been sanctioned by the EFL yet?

COYR

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 19, 2019, 04:26:46 pm by MachoMadness »
Anyone know if this has been sanctioned by the EFL yet?

COYR
The Bolton statement says they haven't talked to the EFL at all. Just decided to pull it themselves.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 19, 2019, 04:27:11 pm by Nudga »
Different circumstances I know but if I only have 6 players for a 9 a side game for u12s, I still have to play it or forfeit the game.
No one is concerned about youth welfare in that scenario.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 19, 2019, 04:27:48 pm by GazLaz »
I had a ticket to go but will gladly take the 3 points and let the lads have a rest till the weekend.

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Bolton game postponed
« Reply #44 on August 19, 2019, 04:28:14 pm by glosterred »
Didn’t Boro get a points deduction a few years ago for calling off a game? These tools should have the same punishment as well.

COYR

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 19, 2019, 04:28:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
  To postpone at this late stage is totally different scenario to Bury..If they haven't consulted us or more importantly the EFL and just called it off through there own decision..Then surely we have to awarded the game...

Just as important what about our costs,the club will have booked a pre-match hotel,Paul his busses and other fans train tickets...It's just not acceptable and we surely have to be awarded the game at least..

yes i have been waiting for this to happen

I suggest a "speciman" small claims court claim is made against Bolton

Handled correctly with twitter facebook publicity etc  a precedent could be set yes it is only small claims meaning it is not legally binding   ... we also have class actions

i had anticipated this happening (small claims court claim) one day when "sky" change the date or time of a match

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 19, 2019, 04:29:12 pm by glosterred »
I had a ticket to go but will gladly take the 3 points and let the lads have a rest till the weekend.

Me too

COYR

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 19, 2019, 04:31:19 pm by scawsby steve »
Come on Martin; please give us some info on this and put us out of our misery.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 19, 2019, 04:33:03 pm by dknward2 »
The EFL should now kick them from the league. If not then they should match their last result and award it to us.

Anyone remember the Scotland world cup qualifier game where the other team didn't show and same with Brentford.

The team need to show up outside the stadium as we would for the game unless told different by the EFL then if they still refuse then surely the league will have no choice but to award us the win

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 19, 2019, 04:33:48 pm by wing commander »
   The club need to get a statement out pronto,expessing our disappointment,how much it costs us and most importantly how they didn't even give us the courtesy of letting us know..

We need to make sure the authority's know how upset we are with this...

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 19, 2019, 04:35:11 pm by ian1980 »
As someone has already said, I’d have thought that in order to postpone a game it needs to go through the correct channels, be agreed with the EFL and then communicated to the opponents.

You cannot just decide to postpone a game off your own back because your players might be tired otherwise every club would do it when they have fixture congestion

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 19, 2019, 04:35:20 pm by NickDRFC »

I imagine the club will be as angry as we are, will be consulting with the EFL about the consequences and we will get an update shortly. I’d be shocked if we just accept this but I’d rather they put their energies into getting the right outcome than rushing out a statement right away.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 19, 2019, 04:35:24 pm by Axholme Lion »
Send them the bill and join the massive list of creditors. This lot are taking the piss.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 19, 2019, 04:38:03 pm by besty »
Lets look forward to our next away game,oh hang on a minute  :mad:

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 19, 2019, 04:39:28 pm by redarmy82 »
Someone's posted that the EFL rules state you cannot make U23 players play more than one game in 7 days, and this is the reason for them postponing. If true, then they're within the rules. No idea if it is true though.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 19, 2019, 04:39:53 pm by GazLaz »

It’s not great, I understand that, but I think the outrage is a bit over the top! As long as we get the points, which I’m sure we will, it is what it is.

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 19, 2019, 04:41:05 pm by swifty50 »
But are they making them?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 19, 2019, 04:41:33 pm by IDM »
I can understand and sympathise with Bolton’s plight.  However given they seem to have called the fixture off unilaterally, we are at a disadvantage compared to Tranmere.

I don’t condone the calls some fans are making on twitter to kick Bolton out of the league, however I expect we should be given the points for this game rather than play them later in the season when they have a fuller squad..

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 19, 2019, 04:45:03 pm by dknward2 »
Someone's posted that the EFL rules state you cannot make U23 players play more than one game in 7 days, and this is the reason for them postponing. If true, then they're within the rules. No idea if it is true though.

Funny at the u23 world cup games are played every 3 days, I know you said EFL rules but surely there is a lot more pressure on them

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 19, 2019, 04:45:32 pm by GazLaz »
I can understand and sympathise with Bolton’s plight.  However given they seem to have called the fixture off unilaterally, we are at a disadvantage compared to Tranmere.

I don’t condone the calls some fans are making on twitter to kick Bolton out of the league, however I expect we should be given the points for this game rather than play them later in the season when they have a fuller squad..

It definitely shouldn’t be rearranged.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012