Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:48:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The points from the Bolton game  (Read 43970 times)

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
Re: The points from the Bolton game
« Reply #30 on August 28, 2019, 09:18:16 pm by OneandOnly »
When it ahhappened to us (Tranmere, late 80's) - we were forced to lay later in the season, no points deduction (Tranmere claimed that all, all, their players were injured, and called the game off unilaterally. They had lost 6 on the trot, when it was replayed they were bang in form).

We will get a points deduction, and the game will get replayed. As it should be.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 28, 2019, 09:22:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
If they couldn't afford to host our game why could they then afford to host their next fixture against Ipswich?

Cos the administrator thought they couldn't afford host two home games in a week?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 29, 2019, 09:08:11 am by IDM »
Now Bolton have been saved, and retain their place in the EFL the time has passed to be sympathetic of their suffering fans. 

Bolton forfeit our game, simples.  We should get those points.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 29, 2019, 09:14:35 am by dickos1 »
We won’t though

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 29, 2019, 09:22:26 am by IDM »
Why not.? Just your thoughts on how the EFL May react or do you know something.?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 29, 2019, 09:31:18 am by Axholme Lion »
Something's just hit me about the mendacity of the Bolton move in calling off our game.

They KNEW that the club was either out the league or saved within a fortnight.

They KNEW that, if they were saved, they'd be bringing in new players (as we'll see over the next few days).

The KNEW that, if they were hoyed out, they have no more matches.

Either way, the situation of their youngsters having to play Sat-Tues-Sat could only go on for another couple of weeks.

So the bullshit about being concerned for their welfare was...well, bullshit.

We should insist that the game is awarded to us with a 5-0 scoreline, just like the two results either side of that game date. If the EFL say no, we should refuse to replay it and dare them to kick us out of the league.

Totally agree. They've been taking the piss and deserve to pay the price.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 29, 2019, 09:34:11 am by Metalmicky »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 29, 2019, 09:46:05 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think the EFL will have an enquiry into the reason they called the game off as they have a ligitimate back stop with the guidance on academy players not being permitted to play more than once a week.

The issue is how they went about it, not approaching the EFL first.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 29, 2019, 09:51:01 am by IDM »
Precisely DBR, they should have approached the EFL and DRFC for consent to postpone, regardless of their reasons.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 29, 2019, 09:53:40 am by Axholme Lion »
I don't think the EFL will have an enquiry into the reason they called the game off as they have a ligitimate back stop with the guidance on academy players not being permitted to play more than once a week.

The issue is how they went about it, not approaching the EFL first.

If young lads can't play a couple of games of football in a week then there's something wrong with them. They're hardly being sent to climb up chimneys.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 29, 2019, 09:54:43 am by IDM »
That’s not the point.  The point is they cancelled the fixture without obtaining permission to do so not consent, therefore this should be forfeit.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 29, 2019, 09:59:03 am by Filo »
At least Rovers are prepared to submit a strong and sensible case to the EFL if and when the time comes.
As far as i am concerned there is no case to submit. It’s in the rules. They unilaterally cancelled the game without any request to do so.

There is a case to be made from us, both from a playing point of view and a financial one.

That will have been done.

It's now down to the EFL to act.

And the Brentford precedent from last season?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 29, 2019, 10:08:51 am by Chris Black come back »
I think we all know the result here will be that the game will have to be replayed, possibly some minor financial penalty for Bolton and the date for the replay will be one which neither helps nor advantages Rovers in any way, shape or form.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:10:53 am by Chris Black come back »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 29, 2019, 10:17:38 am by IDM »
Why do we all know that.?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 29, 2019, 10:21:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
When it ahhappened to us (Tranmere, late 80's) - we were forced to lay later in the season, no points deduction (Tranmere claimed that all, all, their players were injured, and called the game off unilaterally. They had lost 6 on the trot, when it was replayed they were bang in form).

We will get a points deduction, and the game will get replayed. As it should be.

But it's not about you. Frankly, I couldn't give a shit if you get a points deduction or not. Because it's not about YOU.

It's about us. It's about the fact that other sides have gained an advantage by playing you when you were weak and we have been denied that advantage because of a spurious reason chucked up by your administrator.

So it's not about you. It's about the effect YOU have had on US by YOUR decision.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:17:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 29, 2019, 10:26:17 am by Michael Shaw »
No doubt we will have to play Bolton when they have a stronger team, and Bolton will come out smelling of roses and everyone will say how great it is that they are still in business. If we are disadvantaged at the end of the season by a lower goal difference no doubt it will be our fault.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:36:37 am by Michael Shaw »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 29, 2019, 10:32:54 am by Colemans Left Hook »
No doubt we will have to play Bolton when they have a stronger team, and Bolton will come out smelling or roses and everyone will say how great it is that they are still in business. If we are disadvantaged at the end of the season by a lower goal difference no doubt it will be our fault.

another variation of The Charlton theme me thinks without the water just the "tears" of the children who can't play twice in one week

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 29, 2019, 10:42:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Aye, we'll play and get beat.

Play the game, but use the rules they have in the FA Cup, only players eligible for the first game can play - it's fair then.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 29, 2019, 10:48:33 am by Michael Shaw »
Exactly, if we do get beaten in the replay it will be grossly unfair based on the advantage others clubs have had right now. Making Bolton play with the same players would be an interesting idea but that is not likely to happen. Who has confidence in the EFL to get things right these days?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 29, 2019, 11:05:15 am by dickos1 »
Why not.? Just your thoughts on how the EFL May react or do you know something.?

It’s just my opinion,
It won’t be fair on us but I think the efl will state it needs playing.
Other clubs chairmen have already stated it’s not fair for us to get the points so can’t see the efl doing us a favour and upsetting everyone else.
They’ll just upset us

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 29, 2019, 11:13:13 am by redarmy82 »
Bolton are wanting it to be played towards the end of the season.

Absolutely no reason that it can't be played on this first available Tuesday,

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 29, 2019, 11:14:55 am by graingrover »
We should play them and beat them 5 -0 ..not unfeasible.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 29, 2019, 11:21:01 am by IDM »

It’s just my opinion,
It won’t be fair on us but I think the efl will state it needs playing.
Other clubs chairmen have already stated it’s not fair for us to get the points so can’t see the efl doing us a favour and upsetting everyone else.
They’ll just upset us

Not having a go, but which chairmen and where.?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 29, 2019, 11:24:03 am by Axholme Lion »
We should play them and beat them 5 -0 ..not unfeasible.

I hope it's 10-0. The year before last they won their last game to stay up by spending money that they didn't have, to the detriment of the Dingles. When they were in the Premier League they wouldn't have given a shit about you, had Doncaster been in the same position.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 29, 2019, 11:25:53 am by bobjimwilly »
they will give Bolton a points deduction, possibly in addition to a points deduction for failing to play Brentford in the last game of last season, and make us play the game.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 29, 2019, 11:26:54 am by Metalmicky »
They already have a points deduction

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 29, 2019, 11:39:04 am by IDM »
They may get a further points deduction for several issues - the 12 points already taken off were for going into administration.

Docking them points for forfeiting our game gives an advantage to all the other clubs in league one, so relatively speaking would benefit us very little..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 29, 2019, 11:45:02 am by Alan Southstand »
We shouldn’t play any game, as it wasn’t the EFL that ‘postponed’ it. The Bolton admin. made and took that decision themselves with no thought or consultation with the appropriate parties, namely the EFL and us. It appears we have made our case and I hope it includes a refusal to play any re-arranged game. I don’t even want to play it against players that would have been available, it risks injury to one or more of our team and why should we risk that?

The game was not ‘postponed’, it was cancelled by no greater authority than an administrator of BWFC and who the hell are they?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 29, 2019, 11:47:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm guessing they will receive a further points sanction but no financial penalty other than paying compensation for our costs. I can't see the EFL awarding us the 3 points but I hope I'm wrong and Rovers put a strong case forward which I trust they have/will.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012