Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:54:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton - The game goes ahead  (Read 30769 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton - The game goes ahead
« Reply #30 on November 21, 2019, 07:08:37 pm by adamtherover »
You can see an avalanche of cancelled games now, especially in winter, if teams have injuries and suspensions etc...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 21, 2019, 07:11:02 pm by drfchound »
Exactly. As said above, this sets a dangerous precedent and an unfair one.

Who alse feels we should support the club in taking action over this??

How could we support the club though DBR.
Plenty of us have lobbied the EFL with our feelings on this situation and that hasn’t done any good.

The EFL are a joke of an organisation and wouldn’t listen to anything that we say, in fact to anything that DRFC might say.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 21, 2019, 07:13:22 pm by selby »
  I would offer them one date for the game the 2nd of May 2020 the day before our last match of the season, by then we would know what if anything was at stake as far as our club was concerned, they should not enter in any way come into our consideration.
  If they were already relegated it would mean nothing to them, We are at Blackpool the day after so would save on expenses, and we the supporters if we had nothing to play for could organise any protest, whether a complete no show, or anything else, or swamp them if it meant anything to us.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 21, 2019, 07:14:03 pm by firestarter »
Cheats prosper .. this was always going to be the outcome. Total bias . Stinks to high heaven

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 21, 2019, 07:16:07 pm by mushRTID »
Even though there’s no chance of it changing things, I hope we appeal. Kick up a fuss, don’t make it easy for them.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 21, 2019, 07:19:41 pm by Campsall rover »
  I would offer them one date for the game the 2nd of May 2020 the day before our last match of the season, by then we would know what if anything was at stake as far as our club was concerned, they should not enter in any way come into our consideration.
  If they were already relegated it would mean nothing to them, We are at Blackpool the day after so would save on expenses, and we the supporters if we had nothing to play for could organise any protest, whether a complete no show, or anything else, or swamp them if it meant anything to us.
Brian if on 2nd May when we had one match to play & we were in with a chance of auto promotion or getting in the play offs, why would we want another match the day before.
That would be madness on our part.

The sooner we play Bolton the better imo.  But we shouldn’t be having to play them of course.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 21, 2019, 07:20:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Exactly. As said above, this sets a dangerous precedent and an unfair one.

Who alse feels we should support the club in taking action over this??

How could we support the club though DBR.
Plenty of us have lobbied the EFL with our feelings on this situation and that hasn’t done any good.

The EFL are a joke of an organisation and wouldn’t listen to anything that we say, in fact to anything that DRFC might say.

I mean moral support in whatever action the club sees fit to take. If the press are commenting they've dodged a bullet then that tells you it's too lenient!

As Selby says, I think we should point blank refuse to play it until last possible moment. Also, we should be claiming compensation.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 21, 2019, 07:20:51 pm by Metalmicky »
We need to take a deep breath and get on with it - show some Yorkshire grit and crack on....
At the end of the day nothing is going to change as the spineless t**ts at the EFL haven't got the bottle to do it.  Therefore, the best way to 'balance' things out is to go there and win............ and win big.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 21, 2019, 07:22:11 pm by scawsby steve »

The EFL and Bolton won't agree to anything that we put forward Brian. It's all about what Bolton want and what's beneficial to them.

I've been saying on here for ages that the only outcome would be the one that we've ended up with.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 21, 2019, 07:23:57 pm by IDM »
I’m so gobsmacked by this that I am not going to get involved with more posts on here about the situation, nor even look at twitter etc.

I would get too angry, too much involved that it would effect my daily life..  I can’t let that happen.

But rest assured this will not be forgotten.. i certainly don’t have any animosity for Bolton fans in general but I am done with their club.  I won’t go to games there, much as I never go to MK Dons.

f**king spineless cheating Kitsons.

I think, if any appeal fails and we have to play, we should send our under 23s and give Bolton a hiding.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 21, 2019, 07:25:00 pm by adamtherover »

this is crazy, what if we needed the points and ended up playing 2 games in 2 days?  And it ending badly...

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 21, 2019, 07:27:31 pm by nortikorner »
CAN WE HAVE THE NAMES
 OF THE PEOPLE THAT SAT ON THE PANEL AND THERE AFFILATION
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:42:07 pm by nortikorner »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 21, 2019, 07:28:43 pm by Campsall rover »
This has now become the punishment for every other club who now wants to carry out this action. The president has been set.
Hope he isn’t set deebee. How many years of Trump can we we stomach.  ;)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 21, 2019, 07:30:23 pm by adamtherover »
Apparently we are a set of moaning bitches according to the BW forum, you cudnt make it up...

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 21, 2019, 07:30:30 pm by JonWallsend »
Never expected us to be awarded the game and think it is perfectly reasonable and sensible to expect us to fulfil the fixture. However, really surprised there has not been a points deduction( I realise there is a suspended 5 point penalty) for Bolton.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 21, 2019, 07:34:35 pm by drfchound »
Never expected us to be awarded the game and think it is perfectly reasonable and sensible to expect us to fulfil the fixture. However, really surprised there has not been a points deduction( I realise there is a suspended 5 point penalty) for Bolton.

I wonder what Bolton would have to do to activate the five point penalty?
This is probably a punishment that will never be applied.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 21, 2019, 07:36:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I am utterly gobsmacked. How in the name of holy f**k can they allow Bolton to come out of this potentially with a positive points outcome? It's beyond belief. They now have no possible sanction against any club arbitrarily deciding to cancel any game for any reason.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 21, 2019, 07:40:28 pm by Campsall rover »
“Perfectly reasonable and sensible to expect us to fulfil the fixture”
Are you serious?
Who are you, the Bolton Chief Executive. Are you being serious or is that a wind up?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 21, 2019, 07:41:45 pm by scawsby steve »
This has now become the punishment for every other club who now wants to carry out this action. The president has been set.

Oy! Stop poaching my posts.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 21, 2019, 07:42:01 pm by vaya »
Apparently we are a set of moaning bitches according to the BW forum, you cudnt make it up...

I wouldn't worry about what Bolton fans say.

They're 12 points from safety and have just saddled themselves with another £40m of debt.

It's a bit like getting abuse from some drunk in the gutter who's oblivious to the fact he's just pissed his pants.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 21, 2019, 07:44:37 pm by selby »
Our home game with them is the 2nd of February, any frost or ice I would not postpone the game until very late that night.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 21, 2019, 07:44:54 pm by Filo »
Legal action should be taken, they have taken the piss and the only ones to suffer are the club that has abided by the rules!!

f**king disgraceful and the league has lost its integrity, when they come here the hot water in the away changing room should be broke, make it as uncomfortable as possible for the cheating bas**rds!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 21, 2019, 07:47:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Normally being relatively level headed and fair minded, I can understand the calls to just get on with this, but I can't help feel we (the club) should make some form of stand on this, even if it's to make it publicly clear that the judgement is too lenient and disadvantages the innocent party.

I don't have any feelings directly against Bolton fans or the club as such. I didn't think their punishment would be a big one as the EFL were complicit in putting Bolton in a difficult position however, that does not excuse their actions in calling off the game with scant regard for the rules, the authorities and their opponents.

No club should be victim of these actions and should be protected as such. The Disciplinary Commission has served no protection whatsoever.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 21, 2019, 07:47:58 pm by drfc1951 »
Play the game before xmas, a week on Tuesday.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 21, 2019, 07:48:47 pm by drfchound »

Oy! Stop poaching my posts.

Steve, I thought that “ the president has been set” was referring to his hair.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 21, 2019, 07:49:44 pm by Campsall rover »
I am utterly gobsmacked. How in the name of holy f**k can they allow Bolton to come out of this potentially with a positive points outcome? It's beyond belief. They now have no possible sanction against any club arbitrarily deciding to cancel any game for any reason.
Exactly BST. Do the EFL not see what they have done with this decision. Are they even more stupid than we knew already. Well obviously they are.
Looking forward to the next cancelled game and how they deal with that. I hope it’s us that refuses to play when we have 5/6 injuries. Let’s see what happens then.
No doubt we will get a 6 point deduction & a £50,000 fine and of course the opposition will be given 3 points.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 21, 2019, 07:50:39 pm by drfc1951 »
CAN WE HAVE THE NAMES
 OF THE PEOPLE THAT
SAT ON THE PANEL AND THERE AFFILATION
And how much money was in the brown envelopes.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 21, 2019, 07:51:48 pm by Filo »
Ban all Bolton fans from our home fixture, give them no advantage what so ever

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 21, 2019, 07:51:59 pm by BobG »
This is one of the govering bodies of English football Billy. We've all known, for decades, the degree of their incompetance, shortsightedness and complete absence of vision and imagination.

But football gets what it deserves. what proportion of the men, the clubs, the players in the English league system are intelligent? Honourable? Chelsea? Transfer embargo. Liverpool - under investigation. Man City struggling like hell to find a legal loophole to wriggle through. Owls - sanctioned. Players - diving practice every day. There are some fantastic exceptions. Of course there are. But you know and I know these paltry few examples are just the tip of a very large iceberg.

The whole caboodle is carrying its own death wish around with it.

The grey dullards at the Football League are a manifestation of a sport without a soul and without any vision except money. It is not a sport to admire and it hasn't been since the early 1960's.

Cheers

BobG
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:59:17 pm by BobG »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 21, 2019, 07:55:59 pm by adamtherover »
The sky sports news report that has just been on is a joke, apparently BW have been hit with a 2nd points penalty!!!  Barely any mention of DRFC, then a  token mention that its suspended for 18 months!!!! No editorial content about how they have got away with murder, how this has set a dangerous precedent!!!  Shameful!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012