Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:32:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: European super League  (Read 13646 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: European super League
« Reply #60 on April 19, 2021, 12:09:16 am by River Don »
So far Juventus and Liverpool have announced they have quit the European Clubs Association. Effectively leaving UEFA and FIFA.

I expect the others will be making the same announcement.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 19, 2021, 12:31:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If this IS more than just a bullying tactic to try to make the Champions League even more slanted to the Elite, it raises some fundamental issues for lower division clubs.

There would be way less money in the English domestic league, as the Premier League funding would be slashed, so there would be far less to trickle down. And I suspect the remaining PL clubs would be wanting a bigger slice of that smaller pie.

This would probably work in the favour of well-run lower clubs. The differential between the PL and the rest would be much smaller. But in the meantime, I suspect it would be catastrophic for lower league clubs whose business model fundamenntally rests on the trickle down income.

And it would likely mean far less money was available for transfer fees, wages and agents' fees at all levels.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 19, 2021, 12:34:13 am by Janso »
Maybe we should set up a vehicle to own the football club and generate revenues outside of football to sustain the club. That'd be a good way to ensure our survival.

:silly:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 19, 2021, 12:36:30 am by River Don »
UEFA have convened an emergency meeting in the morning.

What is going to happen with this seasons Champions league, just hand the trophy to PSG tomorrow?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 19, 2021, 12:43:06 am by Glyn_Wigley »
UEFA have convened an emergency meeting in the morning.

What is going to happen with this seasons Champions league, just hand the trophy to PSG tomorrow?

That might backfire if PSG then joins the Superleague too..!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 19, 2021, 12:57:08 am by River Don »
It looks like this thing is real. It's certainly the biggest disruption I've ever known in the game.

This is going to be one almighty clusterf***!

Football is finally eating itself.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 19, 2021, 06:50:47 am by sha66y »
Hooorrraaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

This raging beast is starting to implode at last......any footballer that subscribes to this new elite becomes an automatic target for hate envy........ and their families will have to assume new identities or go live in Dubai....

We should be celebrating this not condemning it, .................. just yet!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 19, 2021, 07:28:42 am by normal rules »
This will never happen, not in a million years.

I think the last few years have taught us that anything can happen.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 19, 2021, 07:34:58 am by normal rules »
let’s see how the spineless FA now react. They should Kick every one of them from the PL.
Strip them of every title ever won. Ban any player who wants a part of this from National representation.
But they won’t.
Football is eating itself.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 19, 2021, 07:36:02 am by Filo »
The players of these clubs control this, their actions are massive, without players this never gets off the ground, It would be interesting to hear from the PFA about this. The first action from the National Leagues, UEAFA and FIFA should be to suspend all clubs involved and inform all players that they will be banned from the Euros this season for a start

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 19, 2021, 07:40:41 am by godlike1 »
Florentino Pérez, President Real Madrid CF and the first Chairman of the Super League said:

“We will help football at every level and take it to its rightful place in the world. Football is the only global sport in the world with more than four billion fans and our responsibility as big clubs is to respond to their desires.”

I've never read such an out of touch statement ever.

Problem is it sounds all tied up to me. Who said foreign ownership in this country was a good thing?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 19, 2021, 07:43:16 am by graingrover »
In fact the fans of these clubs just get their come uppancd .Fpr years. they have benefitted from the spoils of TV money to buy foreign superdtzts and pay them a fortune .Some English players but few have managed  to live in the rarefied atmosphere .Let them go live on that other planet and take the women elite  with them and give us back our Rovers and Donny Belles real club football.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 19, 2021, 08:11:29 am by normal rules »
And despite his protestations, Salford would be in prime position to welcome in disgruntled United fans. Reading some forums, many are saying they would cease supporting United and go elsewhere. Neville’ s club could benefit from this hugely, or FC United of course. Similar comments on Blue Moon forum.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 19, 2021, 08:15:27 am by normal rules »
So I’ve seen rovers play at the emirates, but looks like we will never get the chance to see them play at Spurs new ground. Or the ethiad. Some on her have been lucky enough and old enough to see a rovers side play at anfield and old Trafford. But those chances for the next generation will go I’m afraid.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 19, 2021, 08:19:03 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Kaveh Solahkol has just made some very good points on a SSN interview.

Arsenal, Spurs and City never even won a Champions League. Likes of Benfica, Feyenoord, Ajax, even Forest, who have won it, not even considered.

There are 56 countries within the UEFA bracket, yet, England, Spain and Italy the founding members. Italian clubs are notorious for financial problems.

From a personal point of view, not happy that it is to be called The Super League! There is only one Super League worth watching and it ain't football!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 19, 2021, 08:26:05 am by normal rules »
It’s interesting also that Villa and Forest have between them achieved European success, yet they don’t feature.
I would like to see the FA take very stern and immediate action over this. If they follow through with this I want these six teams eradicating from English football, period.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 19, 2021, 08:48:56 am by mugnapper »
Has it said who will be broadcasting this Footballing Feast? Judging by Neville's reaction, it isn't going to be Sky.
Someone with bottomless pockets I guess, Amazon or Netflix?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 19, 2021, 08:55:23 am by River Don »
Has it said who will be broadcasting this Footballing Feast? Judging by Neville's reaction, it isn't going to be Sky.

I expect they'll want to cut out the middleman and organise it themselves.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 19, 2021, 09:03:36 am by normal rules »
Football.

Created by the poor, stolen by the rich.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 19, 2021, 09:12:29 am by the vicar »
Normal rules.  That short pice is about the most powerful statement I have ever read mate.  All and I mean FANS should boycott all season tickets purchased and stop buying any of there merchandise anything that puts money in there pockets.  Anyone that supports this is stabbing there and all fans in England in the middle of there heart
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:14:31 am by the vicar »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 19, 2021, 09:13:45 am by River Don »
They are bullying FIFA and UEFA now.

A letter has been sent that basically says they believe if the governing bodies take ant action to prevent this it will be illegal and they are already pursuing it in the courts.

The arrogance is breathtaking.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 19, 2021, 09:16:19 am by wilts rover »

DAZN (whoever they are) paying £3.5 billion for the worldwide rights.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 19, 2021, 09:18:35 am by the vicar »
One think they can’t stop and say it is illegal is FANS fans power, and we all should stick together on all this

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 19, 2021, 09:19:20 am by Metalmicky »
I wonder if any players have been consulted about this.... For instance - did Harry Kane get asked if he wants to cease playing for his country..?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 19, 2021, 09:23:41 am by River Don »
I wonder if any players have been consulted about this.... For instance - did Harry Kane get asked if he wants to cease playing for his country..?

Marcus Rashford is supposed to be a political voice now. I wonder what he Thinks?

None of the players of these clubs have said a word, I expect they are ordered not to.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 19, 2021, 09:25:08 am by normal rules »
I see chelski, arse and Spurs have not hung around and splashed this all over their Facebook pages this morning. They are being met with pretty much 100% outrage, disgust, anger and disappointment. I really hope this translates into real action and supporters across all teams and leagues stand up and boycott this league. Many supporters are saying that they are finished with their clubs. We’ve heard it all before though. Supporter is much more than skin deep.
A very sad day for football. #footballeatingitself

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 19, 2021, 09:35:52 am by selby »
  Soundbitebarmyarmy might be on to something with the naming rights in this country if Rugby League take them to court.
   Let them leave and when one side dominates the competition which will happen the rest become the new Newcastle's in the competition.
  Let them leave and just move up all the next clubs up the present football ladder and over time they will be forgotten like Workington.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 19, 2021, 09:51:15 am by wilts rover »
Word of the day is ‘ingordigiousness’: extreme greed; an insatiable desire for wealth at any cost.

https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1384040561573650436

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 19, 2021, 09:51:25 am by Barmby Rover »
This could be the end of the Premier league....... oh, hang on, we will be getting our football back in this country!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 19, 2021, 09:56:05 am by normal rules »
11 of the current England squad come from one of these top six clubs. There is talk that the FA would bar any member of this ESL league from playing for their national team.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012