Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:39:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final  (Read 14508 times)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Re: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final
« Reply #30 on July 08, 2021, 04:13:40 pm by danumdon »
Dreading going 1 down to these. They'll time waste, roll around, feign injury. They've not changed one bit from what I saw of the last half hour of the Belgium game.

"Dreading going 1 down to these"

So what makes "these" any different to any or all the stunts and feigns that England and every other side employ and get away with ? looked to me like Stirling has been studying and reading the same manual.

Fancy giving the anthem a bit of a booing as well?

I look forward to seeing your pearls of wisdom after the final outcome.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 08, 2021, 04:17:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
It shows it was a penalty.

The referee was a shocker, if you want know about shockers!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 08, 2021, 04:21:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If the Danish player's foot has so much as brushed the ball before his leg makes contact with Kane, it's not a penalty. It is just not possible to say that it hasn't. Therefore it has to be no penalty. Booking Kane was ridiculous though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 08, 2021, 05:26:36 pm by Filo »
As for the Kane penalty, this video shows how tough a decision it was. It's impossible to say whether Kane or the Danish defender make contact with the ball first.

https://clips.clippit.tv/prmbdg/360.mp4?_=1

It’s a penalty clear as day, there is no evidence the Danish player touched the ball, that second angle shows Kane got the touch and was then fouled

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 08, 2021, 07:06:33 pm by rover-n-out »
Just read that Dutchman Bjorn Kuipers has been announced as the ref for Sunday's game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 08, 2021, 07:35:30 pm by drfchound »
As for the Kane penalty, this video shows how tough a decision it was. It's impossible to say whether Kane or the Danish defender make contact with the ball first.

https://clips.clippit.tv/prmbdg/360.mp4?_=1

It’s a penalty clear as day, there is no evidence the Danish player touched the ball, that second angle shows Kane got the touch and was then fouled

100% this.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 08, 2021, 07:51:56 pm by scawsby steve »
To clear this up, you're all wrong. VAR ruled the penalty out because they deemed Kane had fouled one of their players in the build-up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 08, 2021, 07:56:51 pm by dickos1 »

If the Danish player's foot has so much as brushed the ball before his leg makes contact with Kane, it's not a penalty. It is just not possible to say that it hasn't. Therefore it has to be no penalty. Booking Kane was ridiculous though.

Not sure Kane was booked,
And as Steve says the penalty wasn’t given because they deemed Kane fouled someone just beforehand

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 08, 2021, 07:58:09 pm by drfchound »
Kane wasn’t booked.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 08, 2021, 08:02:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I thought I'd seen a card flashed at Kane.

Clearly my eyesight is not what I thought it was.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 08, 2021, 09:59:02 pm by Filo »
I just don’t see where anyone can say that is not a penalty, Sterling running at speed gets clipped on the knee, at speed that would be enough to upset his balance, he makes two more steps and gets clipped from the opposite side on the thigh by a second player, upsetting his already upset balance again, penalty all day long, those that say it’s not a penalty are either Danish, Scottish, Welsh or Italian

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 08, 2021, 10:06:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Or Portuguese or French, given that Wenger and Mourinho both said it was a very poor decision.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 08, 2021, 10:20:31 pm by selby »
  All long undefeated runs have to come to an end, usually in the game you don't want to lose like a final.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 08, 2021, 10:34:10 pm by drfchound »
It was a pen. As they used to say when I was a lad, “look what it says in the green in son.”

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 09, 2021, 06:55:42 am by Padge_DRFC »
Dreading going 1 down to these. They'll time waste, roll around, feign injury. They've not changed one bit from what I saw of the last half hour of the Belgium game.

So what makes "these" any different to any or all the stunts and feigns that England and every other side employ and get away with ? looked to me like Stirling has been studying and reading the same manual.

What on earth has booing the national anthem got to do with this?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 09, 2021, 03:07:51 pm by danumdon »

Because its the usual same knuckleheads that like to call out a nation for behaviour that's endemic in all football playing side's that also like to indulge in a bit of anthem booing, cant hold their beer, piss themselves ect.

Noticing any similarities?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 09, 2021, 04:39:40 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Because its the usual same knuckleheads that like to call out a nation for behaviour that's endemic in all football playing side's that also like to indulge in a bit of anthem booing, cant hold their beer, piss themselves ect.

Wrong thread. Moron.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 09, 2021, 04:56:36 pm by danumdon »

Wrong thread. Moron.

If its the wrong thread then why reply to it?

Who did you say the moron was?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 09, 2021, 05:01:24 pm by GazLaz »
To clear this up, you're all wrong. VAR ruled the penalty out because they deemed Kane had fouled one of their players in the build-up.

Correct.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 10, 2021, 02:18:39 am by Jonathan »
Point taken about the Kane one. Anyway the actual penalty was a penalty. One hit his knee and the other barged his hip. One from each side as he was running between them at pace. They didn’t get the ball. Penalty.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 10, 2021, 06:52:43 am by Padge_DRFC »
Clear penalty. Free kick anywhere on the pitch.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 10, 2021, 08:50:26 am by RobTheRover »
Hah ha,

One of the Italian papers has written "we don't just score goals, we score goals beautifully."  and "we are a country of beauty, there are no badly dressed Italians, just some Italians who choose not to dress well.

I read that in the voice of Peter Serafinovicz in Spy.

https://youtu.be/O2A_s1VdeaE

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 10, 2021, 09:10:50 am by Metalmicky »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 10, 2021, 09:53:19 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Getting nervous for this one now. What i'd say is whatever happens we should be disappointed just proud. So many good teams to make it to the final where anyone can win it is really all we can ask for (normally i'd say a semi final is what you expect then anything after is a bonus but looking at our draw it had to be the final)

I've felt all tournament that we lack technical ability in the centre of midfield and it's never really cost us we've been able to manage the weakness quite well but i'm thinking up against Verrati etc we'll get shown up. We do have the pace to trouble them but every team will say that and are never able to take advantage.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 10, 2021, 09:56:32 am by IDM »
I’m treating this one as England being underdogs.  I have no expectations - so am prepared not to be too disappointed if we lose.

I’ll just enjoy the match and the occasion and if we win it is a bonus..

Precisely the same approach as I had for the play off final vs Leeds.!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 10, 2021, 10:34:06 am by dickos1 »
Getting nervous for this one now. What i'd say is whatever happens we should be disappointed just proud. So many good teams to make it to the final where anyone can win it is really all we can ask for (normally i'd say a semi final is what you expect then anything after is a bonus but looking at our draw it had to be the final)

I've felt all tournament that we lack technical ability in the centre of midfield and it's never really cost us we've been able to manage the weakness quite well but i'm thinking up against Verrati etc we'll get shown up. We do have the pace to trouble them but every team will say that and are never able to take advantage.

Phillips technically is unbelievably good, some of his passing short range and long is as good as anything in the tournament.
Mount is also technically very good

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 10, 2021, 11:42:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Point taken about the Kane one. Anyway the actual penalty was a penalty. One hit his knee and the other barged his hip. One from each side as he was running between them at pace. They didn’t get the ball. Penalty.

Maehle played the ball before making contact. There is absolutely no question about that. I'm baffled that anyone can think otherwise. 0:19 here. Maehle clearly nicks the ball before contact with Sterling
 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57758657
God alone knows what Jenas is watching.

The second contact was minimal and Sterling went down like he'd been shot.

I'd be screaming my head off if a penalty like that knocked the Rovers out of the play-offs.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 10, 2021, 11:53:18 am by Filo »

Maehle played the ball before making contact. There is absolutely no question about that. I'm baffled that anyone can think otherwise. 0:19 here. Maehle clearly nicks the ball before contact with Sterling
 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57758657
God alone knows what Jenas is watching.

The second contact was minimal and Sterling went down like he'd been shot.

I'd be screaming my head off if a penalty like that knocked the Rovers out of the play-offs.

You’re wrong, he made contact with the ball with his first bite, Sterling took another touch then he had another bite missed the ball and clipped Sterlings knee, sterling travelling at speed is off balance from that contact and the other player made contact with Sterlings hip and never got anywhere near the ball, penalty without a doubt!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 11:59:33 am by Filo »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 10, 2021, 11:56:29 am by dickos1 »
The bit your on about 0.19 on the clip has nothing to do with the penalty.
Sterling still remains control and takes another touch, the foul happens then.
I’ve not sure anyone is suggesting the foul occurred when your suggesting it did

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 10, 2021, 12:03:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hang on. I'm playing catch up here. Are folk talking about the challenge by Maehle at 0:24 in that video? That had never dawned on me because a) if there was any contact it was feather like and b) Sterling was already going down before any contact from Maehle.

I'd pointed out the 0.19 one because it was the only time there was clear unambiguous contact. And because earlier in the clip, Jenas said that was the contact that caused the penalty. My mistake.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012