Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:06:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final  (Read 14502 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final
« Reply #330 on July 14, 2021, 08:12:04 pm by les@donr »
I think it was a shame that the England players did not accept their Runner-up medals with pride of representing their country. Instead most of them took the medal off as soon as they could. What message does this send to youngsters to accept defeat with dignity. This is what Olympians do, whether it's gold, silver or bronze, they proudly wear their medals. There were 22 other teams who would have gladly swapped places with England, and would have proudly accepted the Runner-up medals.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #331 on July 14, 2021, 08:17:52 pm by drfchound »
Perhaps when the immediate disappointment wore off they were more comfortable with them.
I doubt that the medals will end up in the bin.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #332 on July 14, 2021, 08:21:29 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I think it was a shame that the England players did not accept their Runner-up medals with pride of representing their country. Instead most of them took the medal off as soon as they could. What message does this send to youngsters to accept defeat with dignity. This is what Olympians do, whether it's gold, silver or bronze, they proudly wear their medals. There were 22 other teams who would have gladly swapped places with England, and would have proudly accepted the Runner-up medals.

Do you honestly berthed Italian players would have done any different?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #333 on July 14, 2021, 08:35:36 pm by PDX_Rover »

I imagine the manner of defeat was the overwhelming emotion in the momemt.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on July 14, 2021, 08:44:43 pm by NickDRFC »

Do you honestly berthed Italian players would have done any different?

I remember the Juventus manager Allegri doing the exact same thing after being battered by Real Madrid in the Champions League final about 5 years ago.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #335 on July 14, 2021, 10:23:19 pm by dickos1 »
Can’t be compared to a medal at the olympics.
After the final the overwhelming feeling is one of defeat.
In the days after you can look at the achievement, but 30 mins after losing in the final in the lottery of a penalty shootout nobody is going to be a good loser

TinyPortal © 2005-2012