Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:44:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 24962 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Next manager
« on October 17, 2022, 10:27:37 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not the foggiest who we will go with next, any thoughts, rumours, wishes, prayers and definitely nots?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Next manager
« Reply #1 on October 17, 2022, 10:33:26 am by normal rules »
Danny schofield.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 17, 2022, 10:36:29 am by roversdude »
Is he an experienced manager ?

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 17, 2022, 10:37:04 am by Daniel_Smith »
Paul Green.

He has an interview apparently, and knows the club - which the board always favour.

The board don't want a revolution at the club. Just someone to tow the line and get us promoted if possible.

Personally think someone external with no previous links should be brought in. A fresh set of eyes and ideas to shake things up - but that won't happen in my opinion.

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2022, 10:41:20 am by Redroy »
Paul Green.

He has an interview apparently, and knows the club - which the board always favour.

The board don't want a revolution at the club. Just someone to tow the line and get us promoted if possible.

Personally think someone external with no previous links should be brought in. A fresh set of eyes and ideas to shake things up - but that won't happen in my opinion.

This is as boring as Jonathan banging on about moaning fans in every post. Seems things going to be different to last time in terms of appointment process with Copps as HoF

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2022, 10:48:37 am by phil old leake »
I don’t know what Paul green is like but I’d like the board to move away from inner promotions and get an experienced head. 

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 17, 2022, 10:54:17 am by wing commander »
Graham Alexander would be a good appointment for me

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 17, 2022, 10:57:20 am by MachoMadness »
This is the first big test for Copps in his new role, for me. Let's see. Not sure who is realistically out there, at the minute.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 17, 2022, 10:57:38 am by Daniel_Smith »
Paul Green.

This is as boring as Jonathan banging on about moaning fans in every post. Seems things going to be different to last time in terms of appointment process with Copps as HoF

Copps and Greeny are close mates though. Someone Coppinger would be happy working with I'd imagine. O'Driscoll on end of the phone as a mentor?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 17, 2022, 11:00:26 am by andyst79 »
I don’t know what Paul green is like but I’d like the board to move away from inner promotions and get an experienced head. 
I think they've learnt their lesson and will go for experience this time. There's been a lot of people slagging Blunt on here, but it sounds to me that the decision to sack McSheffrey was made Saturday and that him and Copps have been busy looking for a suitable replacement. I dare say Copps has been quietly sounding out potential replacements before Saturdays loss and it's telling that he's been in contact with SOD and Ferguson very recently. Not necessarily to see if they're interested in returning but for advice on a replacement manager perhaps.
 Graham Alexander has also turned down the Newport & Crawley jobs claiming he wants to spend time with his family or has he already been sounded out?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 11:33:25 am by andyst79 »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 17, 2022, 11:01:41 am by Draytonian III »
I don’t which round it is but one of them was the best man to the other at their wedding

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 17, 2022, 11:07:43 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mike Williamson.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 17, 2022, 11:28:20 am by Jonathan »
Paul Green.

Stop moaning! ;-)

I’d expect Danny Schofield to be in the running based on a combination of the Huddersfield link (via Copps’ work), his connection to the town, and his presence in the stadium at recent games.

CaptainStock

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 17, 2022, 11:29:54 am by CaptainStock »
Hasselbaink and Artell are early favourites for bookies. Very early to be classed as reliable. I've always liked Tisdale, I know his record post MK dons isn't great reading however

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 17, 2022, 11:37:38 am by steve@dcfd »
Paul Green.

Stop moaning! ;-)

I’d expect Danny Schofield to be in the running based on a combination of the Huddersfield link (via Copps’ work), his connection to the town, and his presence in the stadium at recent games.

But he’s another inexperienced manager with no
Managerial track record. But seeing we are interviewing instead of head hunting our target then he could be one.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 17, 2022, 11:37:53 am by Jonathan »
Does anyone have a link to the odds? It’s that time of year again!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 17, 2022, 11:38:03 am by Draytonian III »
David Healy, he’s been rather successful in the last few years, mores the pity

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 17, 2022, 11:42:21 am by andyst79 »
https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/doncaster-rovers
Gives an insight into manager profile also including win percentages at different clubs

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 17, 2022, 11:44:15 am by normal rules »
Whoever it will be , they have a pretty tall order in front of them. I imagine the expectation from the outset will be at least a playoff position.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 17, 2022, 11:45:26 am by roversdude »
Seriously Roy Keane 16-1 lol

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 17, 2022, 11:48:47 am by Janso »
Seriously Roy Keane 16-1 lol

I was told this morning he was seen at the Eco Power today, though I don't really believe it myself. Besides, I'd have thought the interviews would be done away from the stadium.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 17, 2022, 11:50:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Folk keep going on about experienced managers. Experienced in what? There are a few out there we wouldn't want to touch with a bargepole.

When we say 'experienced' what do we mean? Successful? How Successful? If they're currently succesful, why would they jump ship?

When you target someone, you need to see the whites of their eyes and hear what they have to say. One or two previous candidates have relied on their 'name' but had very little substance in providing any evidence of a plan of how they're going to manage DRFC. It was all about them rather than the club. So for those criticising the board for losing managers too easily, why would you appoint someone who just purely sees the job as a stepping stone and would be off at the drop of a hat??

Appointing good managers isn't easy. Even JR would agree with that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 17, 2022, 11:50:11 am by BobG »
Christ.. There's some terrible names in there. Artell? Keane? God Almighty.....

BobG

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 17, 2022, 11:56:04 am by Draytonian III »
David Healy, he’s been successful in the last few years

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 17, 2022, 12:07:22 pm by inSODwetrust »
For me, the best and most realistic suggestion I've seen is Dean Holden.

I liked what he was doing at Bristol City (they seemed to be on Sky Sports every week under him), and was surprised to see him sacked.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 17, 2022, 12:07:49 pm by andyst79 »
Folk keep going on about experienced managers. Experienced in what? There are a few out there we wouldn't want to touch with a bargepole.

When we say 'experienced' what do we mean? Successful? How Successful? If they're currently succesful, why would they jump ship?

When you target someone, you need to see the whites of their eyes and hear what they have to say. One or two previous candidates have relied on their 'name' but had very little substance in providing any evidence of a plan of how they're going to manage DRFC. It was all about them rather than the club. So for those criticising the board for losing managers too easily, why would you appoint someone who just purely sees the job as a stepping stone and would be off at the drop of a hat??

Appointing good managers isn't easy. Even JR would agree with that.
I'd want someone with a L2 promotion under their belt at the very least. Doesn't necessarily mean it will work out but at least they will have a history of developing a winning mentality in a team.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 17, 2022, 12:10:38 pm by ditch_drfc »

When we say 'experienced' what do we mean?

I can't quite believe this needs pointing out, but when I say experience, I mean as a minimum someone who's an actual football manager. As in, they have experience managing a professional football team.

Two of our previous three managers didn't fit this basic prerequisite. We're not asking for a lot...

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 17, 2022, 12:10:47 pm by Upton Rover »
Adkins is favourite

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 17, 2022, 12:12:14 pm by dickos1 »
Paul Green.

Stop moaning! ;-)

But he’s another inexperienced manager with no
Managerial track record. But seeing we are interviewing instead of head hunting our target then he could be one.

You can still head hunt and interview,
In fact it would be silly not to

TinyPortal © 2005-2012