Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:16:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sack the board  (Read 22214 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Sack the board
« Reply #30 on January 28, 2023, 07:15:34 pm by silent majority »
When do we say enough is enough, it’s time to force the owners to put the club for sale officially. Time to sack the board.

We need to start the wheels in motion and some protests.
Who's going to buy us and take us over though? The fans?

I suppose if you don't put a "For Sale" sign up you will never know?

It doesn't work like that. Most sales are instigated by the EFL, or I should say that they act as intermediaries.

Selling the club is not a problem, its a sustainable club after all, but selling to someone with the right intentions is the issue.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnydogk9

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 28, 2023, 07:19:34 pm by donnydogk9 »
A totally different league I know, but the Man Utd publicly announced they were seeking investment or sale. And they got loads of offers and are now down to the final 3.

Surely if the club announced the club was “seeking investment or sale” and did a massive press release on it, it would attract interest.

Different audiences I know, but you get my point.

The board need to make a statement, are they going to invest or seek investment and sell up.

There is simply two option, we cannot continue any longer like this.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 28, 2023, 07:20:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It wouldn't surprise me if TB is making the club self-sustaining as part of a long-term plan to give the club to the fans when he's no longer here.

It'd certainly be interesting to see what the 'sack the board' people would make of that.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 28, 2023, 07:22:44 pm by vaya »
It wouldn't surprise me if TB is making the club self-sustaining as part of a long-term plan to give the club to the fans when he's no longer here.

It'd certainly be interesting to see what the 'sack the board' people would make of that.

An existential crisis?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 28, 2023, 07:24:31 pm by silent majority »
A totally different league I know, but the Man Utd publicly announced they were seeking investment or sale. And they got loads of offers and are now down to the final 3.

Surely if the club announced the club was “seeking investment or sale” and did a massive press release on it, it would attract interest.

Different audiences I know, but you get my point.

The board need to make a statement, are they going to invest or seek investment and sell up.

There is simply two option, we cannot continue any longer like this.

Completely different.

I don't see why our board need to make any statement.

Man Utd is a public company listed on the stock market, they have to make announcements like that.

And of course Man Utd are a sustainable club, but I don't see anybody rabbiting on about them in the same way.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 28, 2023, 07:26:12 pm by roverstillidie91 »
When do we say enough is enough, it’s time to force the owners to put the club for sale officially. Time to sack the board.

It doesn't work like that. Most sales are instigated by the EFL, or I should say that they act as intermediaries.

Selling the club is not a problem, its a sustainable club after all, but selling to someone with the right intentions is the issue.

Maybe just sell to who ever and when you went up with a Scunthorpe or Bury situation either way the board can't win.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 28, 2023, 07:30:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Absolutely spot on. Can't just sell to any random person who might have a few quid for a season or two but then what?

For what the fans want it's a big ask funding wise and there aren't many around willing to do it if any at all.  Footballs a mess, if you're the lucky ones great, but the other half get nowhere.

That doesn't excuse defeats like today though, the budget of ours is absolutely no issue compared to some of the clubs defeating us.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 28, 2023, 07:33:04 pm by silent majority »

Maybe just sell to who ever and when you went up with a Scunthorpe or Bury situation either way the board can't win.

Yep.

Peter Swann was meant to be the shining white knight coming in to rescue Scunthorpe from a 'lack of investment' during the Steve Wharton days!!

Interesting to note that the new owners at Scunthorpe when making their first statement said that the priority is to make the club sustainable!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 28, 2023, 07:34:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Yep.

Peter Swann was meant to be the shining white knight coming in to rescue Scunthorpe from a 'lack of investment' during the Steve Wharton days!!

Interesting to note that the new owners at Scunthorpe when making their first statement said that the priority is to make the club sustainable!

The bas**rds!!

donnydogk9

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 28, 2023, 07:41:05 pm by donnydogk9 »
The banners will be ordered tomorrow happy to self fund.

Time to make our feelings know!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 28, 2023, 07:56:03 pm by Campsall rover »
The simple fact is we gifted them their 1st 3 goals with atrocious defending.
We also missed 3 absolute sitters which either of my grandmothers should have scored ( if they were still here )

If we can’t do the basic job of defending and scoring then we will not win a football match.

1st half we were insipid, putting it politely. We gave them a heads up after what was it 50 secs.  Mansfield were pretty poor and we made it easy for them.
DS should have changed it after 25/30 mins as it wasn’t working.
Close and Biggins were over run in midfield. Outnumbered basically.
Tactically naive. He needs to be much more reactive to what’s happening on the pitch.
H/T 2-0 down due to not defending properly. 2nd goal was a joke we gave them the ball back 3 times.

DS puts something in the players tea and makes 2 correct substitutions
Seaman simply is not good enough imo. He can’t cross a ball and if you are a wing back you have to be able to do that.
Molyneux  is just not firing. Has ability but confidence doesn’t see to be there with him at present. So right 2 players went off.
Replaced by Brown at RWB and Lavery goes up front with George Miller.
We come out firing on all cylinders and look like a football team.
George Hurst who had a free role 2nd half puts us back in the game with a great piece of skill and accomplished finish.
We are all over them like a rash and only one team going to score the next goal.
But oh no we self destruct again with a total mix up at the back between Anderson and Williams.  ( Sorry how anyone can blame Mitchell is beyond me ) he was where he should have been. He didn’t know the defenders were going to mess up did he.
So now 3-1 down and our momentum is flattened.  We huff and puff and then due to throwing players forward concede the 4th goal.

At 2-1 we miss a sitter and at 3-1 miss 2 sitters.  Why are we trying to walk the ball into the net or dribble around the keeper when in clear sight of goal. Pull the trigger and shoot.

So even with that appalling defending we could and should have won that game. 
Mansfield are very average and we gave them 3 points.
There were sign in that 2nd half of the makings of a team.
We were ripping them to shreds for 15/20 mins.

So because we lost it is the boards fault. Sack the lot other them.
I don’t remember Bramall, Blunt & Baldwin being on the pitch this afternoon or in any other game we have played.
Without them we have no football club. There is no queue at the door to take over.
Bramall has said that if there was someone who wanted the club he would sell. Providing they had serious funds and had the best interests of the club at heart.
No one knocking on the door. 
Do some of you understand that. It’s not rocket science.

There needs to be some perspective after a defeat, especially one like today. This was not a similar performance to the Tranmere Rovers Boxing Day defeat.
We don’t need this pathetic posturing, ranting and raving.  It really is quite embarrassing reading some of the posts on this forum this eve.

There are a few that need to grow up.

Too early to make an assessment on DS. He needs the Summer to build his squad as he wants.

But what I would say is please DS play Lavery up with Miller because if you can’t grasp the fact that Miller can’t play the lone striker role then I do have serious concerns you are not the right man being the manager/ head coach.
George Miller is not physically capable being a lone target man.
Let’s get the best out of him and use his strengths.

Yes massive disappointment today but I saw a few green shoots.
Olowu must come back into the team asap. 
We have to stop conceding really bad goals. Today they were more than bad.

Onwards and upwards.  :)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 28, 2023, 07:57:49 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Yep.

The bas**rds!!
they'll do like all the other owners do. The new owners are supposedly property developers.

Only my opinion but they may possibly do as York and other clubs have done. Sell the ground that they OWN and then push for the local authority to build a ground that they RENT and then sell of the land of Glandford Park no doubt.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 28, 2023, 07:58:36 pm by Lesonthewest »
Are Fleetwood, Burton Albion, Accrington Stanley, Cheltenham, to name a few, sustainable. All doing better than us on gates of less than 3500/4000. Maybe they're better run & switched on more than ourselves.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 28, 2023, 08:23:55 pm by roversdude »
Think you might be out of pocket with those banners

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 28, 2023, 08:35:42 pm by Spilsby Red »
Well said Campsall

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 28, 2023, 08:45:58 pm by coventryrover »
The simple fact is we gifted them their 1st 3 goals with atrocious defending.
We also missed 3 absolute sitters which either of my grandmothers should have scored ( if they were still here )

If we can’t do the basic job of defending and scoring then we will not win a football match.

1st half we were insipid, putting it politely. We gave them a heads up after what was it 50 secs.  Mansfield were pretty poor and we made it easy for them.
DS should have changed it after 25/30 mins as it wasn’t working.
Close and Biggins were over run in midfield. Outnumbered basically.
Tactically naive. He needs to be much more reactive to what’s happening on the pitch.
H/T 2-0 down due to not defending properly. 2nd goal was a joke we gave them the ball back 3 times.

DS puts something in the players tea and makes 2 correct substitutions
Seaman simply is not good enough imo. He can’t cross a ball and if you are a wing back you have to be able to do that.
Molyneux  is just not firing. Has ability but confidence doesn’t see to be there with him at present. So right 2 players went off.
Replaced by Brown at RWB and Lavery goes up front with George Miller.
We come out firing on all cylinders and look like a football team.
George Hurst who had a free role 2nd half puts us back in the game with a great piece of skill and accomplished finish.
We are all over them like a rash and only one team going to score the next goal.
But oh no we self destruct again with a total mix up at the back between Anderson and Williams.  ( Sorry how anyone can blame Mitchell is beyond me ) he was where he should have been. He didn’t know the defenders were going to mess up did he.
So now 3-1 down and our momentum is flattened.  We huff and puff and then due to throwing players forward concede the 4th goal.

At 2-1 we miss a sitter and at 3-1 miss 2 sitters.  Why are we trying to walk the ball into the net or dribble around the keeper when in clear sight of goal. Pull the trigger and shoot.

So even with that appalling defending we could and should have won that game. 
Mansfield are very average and we gave them 3 points.
There were sign in that 2nd half of the makings of a team.
We were ripping them to shreds for 15/20 mins.

So because we lost it is the boards fault. Sack the lot other them.
I don’t remember Bramall, Blunt & Baldwin being on the pitch this afternoon or in any other game we have played.
Without them we have no football club. There is no queue at the door to take over.
Bramall has said that if there was someone who wanted the club he would sell. Providing they had serious funds and had the best interests of the club at heart.
No one knocking on the door. 
Do some of you understand that. It’s not rocket science.

There needs to be some perspective after a defeat, especially one like today. This was not a similar performance to the Tranmere Rovers Boxing Day defeat.
We don’t need this pathetic posturing, ranting and raving.  It really is quite embarrassing reading some of the posts on this forum this eve.

There are a few that need to grow up.

Too early to make an assessment on DS. He needs the Summer to build his squad as he wants.

But what I would say is please DS play Lavery up with Miller because if you can’t grasp the fact that Miller can’t play the lone striker role then I do have serious concerns you are not the right man being the manager/ head coach.
George Miller is not physically capable being a lone target man.
Let’s get the best out of him and use his strengths.

Yes massive disappointment today but I saw a few green shoots.
Olowu must come back into the team asap. 
We have to stop conceding really bad goals. Today they were more than bad.

Onwards and upwards.  :)

this

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 28, 2023, 08:48:11 pm by Campsall rover »
Well said Campsall
Thanks. Some one needed to say it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 28, 2023, 09:23:43 pm by roversdude »
Yep got to agree with all that CR

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 28, 2023, 11:21:41 pm by goalkick »
Well said campsall rover I wonder how long the banner wavers have been supporting rovers through the good and bad days?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 29, 2023, 12:19:10 am by normal rules »
The board own the club.
They dont sack themselves unless a big trusted money person comes forward to buy the club.
Which ain’t happening anytime soon.
Unless of course you entertain the likes of eco power.
Which is a sure fire route one to oblivion.
Be very careful what you wish for.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 29, 2023, 02:51:17 am by Silkscarf »
I totally agree Campsall.

I had the misfortune to be sat near loads of idiots standing throughout and chanting sack the board. Some were the daft brown checkered scarf mob who spent the whole game gesturing at the home fans like they do in the playground. Some were older blokes who should know better. All were boys or blokes though. It’s never females.

I’m embarrassed by these silly little boys and men. They are the reason I made no effort to bring the wife and kids. I knew it would be like that and it’s horrible. The scab chants are still slightly funny but I know these characters probably aren’t in unions these days and don’t have a clue about any of the history and politics, or care about it. ‘Hope lies in the proles’. So unfortunately there is still very little hope.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 29, 2023, 08:25:43 am by tyke1962 »
Be careful what you wish for guys .

Whilst I understand things aren't brilliant right now and many Rovers fans are understandably frustrated at least the present ownership are Doncaster people and fans .

It goes a long way does that and I speak from experience with the ownership who took over at Oakwell from the late Patrick Cryne .

Local people and fans running your club are gold dust in this day and age .

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 29, 2023, 09:30:58 am by ravenrover »
I totally agree Campsall.

I had the misfortune to be sat near loads of idiots standing throughout and chanting sack the board. Some were the daft brown checkered scarf mob who spent the whole game gesturing at the home fans like they do in the playground. Some were older blokes who should know better. All were boys or blokes though. It’s never females.

I’m embarrassed by these silly little boys and men. They are the reason I made no effort to bring the wife and kids. I knew it would be like that and it’s horrible. The scab chants are still slightly funny but I know these characters probably aren’t in unions these days and don’t have a clue about any of the history and politics, or care about it. ‘Hope lies in the proles’. So unfortunately there is still very little hope.

I moved because my seat was amongst thise you mention. This post supports my feeling for not attending more away games

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 29, 2023, 09:43:34 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Pretty clear they’d sell to the right person as far as I can see. We should be fairly attractive to buy really. Starting at a low point which lets the new owner enjoy hopefully a bounce.

Then as self sustaining club any cash they want to put in will go on the fun stuff, new players, instead of keeping the lights on. That said multi millionaires don’t grow on trees.

In the meantime Blunt should take a step back (if possible to get any further away). Give copps the coming summer window to implement recruitment and see how we’re looking (think the summer window wasn’t that bad). If Copps doesn’t work out you’d again argue Blunt is guilty of lazy decisions. Hire someone outside the club with some sort of record please

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 29, 2023, 10:09:06 am by Draytonian III »
Thinking at the Hartlepool we could do a protest banner against the board! All stand outside the east stand with it before the game and don’t enter the stadium until 3:15pm

As said previously on this topic be careful what you wish for and as for standing outside until 3.15 I personally think that you’ll be lucky to muster 20 people and they won’t stand there for 15 minutes. I see you doing it on Saturday not the Tuesday verse’s Tranmere because that’s a school night

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 29, 2023, 10:09:14 am by Campsall rover »
Be careful what you wish for guys .

Whilst I understand things aren't brilliant right now and many Rovers fans are understandably frustrated at least the present ownership are Doncaster people and fans .

It goes a long way does that and I speak from experience with the ownership who took over at Oakwell from the late Patrick Cryne .

Local people and fans running your club are gold dust in this day and age .
Absolutely Tyke.

The thing is Bramall isn’t a fan though in the true sense of the word.
John Ryan was a fan.
That’s the difference. The problem was JR did not have enough money to do what he wanted to do. Hence bringing in Bramall and Watson to help him.
Watson has since passed away and he was a Rovers fan.

If JR had the wealth that TB has then spending 50 million getting Rovers up to the top end of the Championship I am sure would not be prohibitive.

It is TB’s money and he has the right to spend it as he sees fit.
The fact is he has spent upwards of 20 million of his personal wealth over the last 16/17 years.
The goal was to make the club financially stable so that he didn’t need to keep putting in money each season to balance the books.
That has now been achieved thanks to both Blunt and Baldwin.

Now does TB want to spend more to help the club get back to the Championship or even League 1 ?

The fact is unless there is a very very wealthy JR knocking on the door to buy the club then there is absolutely nothing any one of us can do or moan about.
At least we know we won’t end up in meltdown like so many other clubs have under this ownership.

We do have a competitive budget to get out of this league. It’s now all about clever recruitment and good coaching and player management.
Is DS the right man?  The jury is out. We have to give him the summer for further recruitment and let’s see where we are at end of November 2023. 

From where we were at the end of last season maybe our expectations of promotion this season were unrealistic. Personally I think we should be capable of top 7 
This is not a great League. Far from it imo.

If we don’t achieve it this season then so be it.
Next season we should be competing for a top 3 place.  If we are not comfortably in the top 7 by November then we are underachieving big time and DS’s time probably is up.
We would then need to look at an experienced manager as the current strategy will not have achieved its goals.

But some of our fans are behaving like spoilt children Some are living in cloud cookoo land. Some both of those.
Get real, smell the coffee and live in the real world. 

All Rovers fans want DRFC to be successful. Fortunately there are some of us that can see the big picture.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 29, 2023, 11:07:35 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Might be an idea to decide what you want rather than what you don't want, or who as the case may be.

The amount of sh*te we've seen being thrown in all directions, hoping it sticks is just ridiculous!

It boils down to protesting because we lose football matches and you're not quite sure who to blame!

Instead of wasting money on banners, why not take out an advert in the Financial Times..."Debt free Community Football club seeks Multi Millionaire willing to invest to achieve succes for it's downtrodden, hard done by fans"

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 29, 2023, 11:18:14 am by Sprotyrover »

Yep.

Sustainable at what level of football?, I initially thought the Board meant Championship Level, can you clarify which level of football they intend taking the club down to?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 29, 2023, 11:30:12 am by Filo »

You might want to wait until Monday so that your English teacher can help with your spelling lol!

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 29, 2023, 11:40:16 am by no eyed deer »

I said this years ago.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012