Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:34:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Should Schofield be sacked

Yes
178 (75.7%)
No
57 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 235

Author Topic: Should he be sacked?  (Read 14121 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Should he be sacked?
« Reply #30 on March 21, 2023, 10:20:22 pm by swain_drfc »
It's a no from me. Give him a window, the pre season and the first 10 games of next season.
Have to give him a good go at it.

So you are saying we should give him what McSheffery got and then be in the same situation again this time next season when we have a new manager in that has not had a pre season to work with his own players.

Get rid now and let the new manager have time to decide who he wants to build a team around and let go of the players that he doesn’t like the look of.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 21, 2023, 10:21:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
Wellens must be laughing his cock off.

I thought he was laughing his cock off when he was ruining us.
He didn’t ruin us he said it how it was and got sack. Carry supporting this regime Glyn and National league is where will be like 97/98

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 21, 2023, 10:22:18 pm by Bessie Red »
We may as well sack him right now and let Greeny look after the team until we recruit a no nonsense, proven lge 2 manager. Don't rush it as we aren't going down this season but make sure they are in place prior to the close season so whoever it is can build a proper lge 2 squad for next season.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 21, 2023, 10:24:06 pm by Rovers91 »
6 people having an heavy Tuesday night on the ale so far.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 21, 2023, 10:26:59 pm by normal rules »

And who can blame them?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 21, 2023, 10:29:44 pm by drfchound »
If we give him ten games  at the start of next season all we will be doing is giving the top teams 10 or 15 points start on us and then having to wait a few weeks for a new manager to be appointed.
Another season will be written off.
People have been commenting about how SoD's regime had a slow start with us but even though we were not winning games we were attractive to watch and you could see how he was trying to play good attractive football.
The stuff we are watching now is shocking.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 21, 2023, 10:29:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
We can’t keep sacking managers every few months. But somehow, he has managed to make us worse the longer he has been here, and has brought in several of his own players during the January window. We had some decent performance early doors not least Grimsby but we’ve been horrific since, including during large parts of those three wins. I’m struggling to see anything positive or any improvement during his tenure. It’s got worse.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 21, 2023, 10:30:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
Sober as a judge not drunk anything you just Cary on burying your head in the sand

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 21, 2023, 10:31:51 pm by Redroy »
I'm still a no. But make no mistake about it, we are f**king dogshit. A squad full of absolute shite

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 21, 2023, 10:36:37 pm by Rovers91 »
Sober as a judge not drunk anything you just Cary on burying your head in the sand

Was referring to those voting no.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 21, 2023, 10:37:20 pm by steve@dcfd »

Was referring to those voting no.
Sorry

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 21, 2023, 10:39:22 pm by silent majority »
For all those who are happy we have a club. Well boys and girls we haven’t got a FOOTBALL club any more. The best thing about the football club is it’s balance sheet so you can support that.

Can’t you keep your comments about the club rather than attacking your fellow Rovers fans? We all feel it you know, we all hate watching shit football, but we don’t see every post as an opportunity to have a dig.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 21, 2023, 10:41:40 pm by danumdon »
His Type of football will not work without better players,

These better players will cost more than we are willing to spend,

Ergo we spend another season struggling through with a setup that will confirm we loose our league places next season.

Needs to go but the next poor sap in through the door will have the same issues with a board who are treading water.

Needs a major reset.

WantleyDragon

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 21, 2023, 10:43:23 pm by WantleyDragon »
To be honest I'd sack him for his comment about the fans hopefully being proud of the point tonight. 
What ?!

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 21, 2023, 10:43:59 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
Whilst still somewhat on the fence (although definitely leaning towards yes), I always start to get worried when the manager's post match comments are no longer matching the reality.

Unfortunately, I think DS has reached that point. He labelled this game, against third from bottom, must win. Yet following another dire performance with almost zero attacking intent, he's playing it off as a well fought draw, some good pressing, can't fault the effort, we'll take the point etc. He actually looks shocked and offended when the interviewer suggests we didn't get going in the first half. He's not seeing what everyone else is. And that's a big concern.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 21, 2023, 10:45:51 pm by mushRTID »
Whilst still somewhat on the fence (although definitely leaning towards yes), I always start to get worried when the manager's post match comments are no longer matching the reality.

Unfortunately, I think DS has reached that point. He labelled this game, against third from bottom, must win. Yet following another dire performance with almost zero attacking intent, he's playing it off as a well fought draw, some good pressing, can't fault the effort, we'll take the point etc. He actually looks shocked and offended when the interviewer suggests we didn't get going in the first half. He's not seeing what everyone else is. And that's a big concern.

Bang on!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 21, 2023, 10:50:00 pm by Alan Southstand »
There’s one thing for sure,we’ll not have a Club much longer if this is allowed to continue! By ‘this’ I mean everything about the Club, presently. Let’s face it, this is just an ongoing downward trend with no end in sight. If the main men in charge can’t/won’t change, then it’s out the EFL we go and I’m not sure we’ll come back again.

The buck stops at the top and that’s where change needs to be initiated. Something radical is needed and a complete change of philosophy.

It’s absolutely criminal what is happening.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 21, 2023, 10:58:40 pm by Bessie Red »
For all those who are happy we have a club. Well boys and girls we haven’t got a FOOTBALL club any more. The best thing about the football club is it’s balance sheet so you can support that.

Can’t you keep your comments about the club rather than attacking your fellow Rovers fans? We all feel it you know, we all hate watching shit football, but we don’t see every post as an opportunity to have a dig.
I agree SM but we have every right to be concerned and voice opinions about how bad we are and how our manager/ HOF seem unable to recognise how really, really bad we are. He should have come out tonight and said that we were awful and that is not acceptable from a Doncaster Rovers team, however no-one at the club seems bothered, and it appears that there is no drive to improve and the people in charge are happy to accept dismal, uninspiring football. Surely you are desperately concerned that the current regime seem incapable of driving our club forward.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 21, 2023, 11:01:27 pm by Campsall rover »
There was one at the match tonight who said we should give DS a chance.

If we leave him in the job he WILL
Take us into the National League

What will happen is we will be bottom 3/4 in Nov and will be sacked.
So another season will be wasted if we survive under the next manager.

Get rid now and bring in a proper manager so he can assess the squad and recruit as he needs to in the summer.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 21, 2023, 11:17:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
Campsall, I agree with your last statement, but…………that’s where what we want to happen and know what should happen just simply will not, unless the finances are released to enable a credible manager to sign credible players.

There is a log jam in the works and it has to be removed or else we’re going to be Conference North in a couple of seasons!

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 21, 2023, 11:19:34 pm by ChrisBx »
Even if he goes, the club will recruit the wrong replacement and continue to sign the wrong players.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 21, 2023, 11:22:27 pm by Drover »
Sack him now,don't let the rot set in anymore,his style did'nt work with Huddersfield in championship with their players either,get a manager who don't except lack of effort and usually gets the best out of players,there was a time I would not want him because he left us,but would love McCann back,doubt we could persuade him to drop to league two now or we are willing to pay what it would take,but I wish we would try our best.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 21, 2023, 11:34:39 pm by Draytonian III »

Well said, Wellens was at fault for the raft of cheap players in after he had spent his budget on about 4 players

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 21, 2023, 11:44:17 pm by Bessie Red »

Well said, Wellens was at fault for the raft of cheap players in after he had spent his budget on about 4 players
Wellens has absolutely nothing to do with that performance tonight. And don't say we'll there were some of his players out there, that's irrelevant. That team tonight has no-one within our current management team holding them to account for the dire performances they are providing week in week out. It appears to me that no-one is holding anyone accountable for the lazy, unprofessional, dismal, uninspiring tripe served up every game after game!

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 22, 2023, 06:58:09 am by Upton Rover »
I see we have 19 votes for No 19 people who are either pretending that DS is worth more time, or 19 people who haven’t got a clue about football, he’s utter garbage throw him on the compost heap

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 22, 2023, 06:59:58 am by Upton Rover »
Filo,
I would normally say 'yes, he has to go'
But to be really honest, this group of players is absolutely, totally and utterly shit. I think even if Pep was manager he couldn't get this lot playing.
We're giving contracts to players who should be nowhere near our football club
Well if the utter team are shite he’s particularly to blame, he’s got utterly shite players in then, got to go and now

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 22, 2023, 07:14:06 am by roversdude »
There was one at the match tonight who said we should give DS a chance.

If we leave him in the job he WILL
Take us into the National League

What will happen is we will be bottom 3/4 in Nov and will be sacked.
So another season will be wasted if we survive under the next manager.

Get rid now and bring in a proper manager so he can assess the squad and recruit as he needs to in the summer.

There’s always one :)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 22, 2023, 07:16:29 am by Cramby10 »
I see he’s trotting out the injury card now for our lack of attacking threat in the free press interview. Remarkable lack of self awareness or he really does think we’re stupid.
He makes me so angry. He’s a fraud. I’ve boycotted the games for a while now whilst he’s at the helm but it really is breaking my heart.
How else do we show our displeasure at the unacceptable and disgusting so called football being delivered
This club is on the brink of terminal decline unless something happens very quickly.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 22, 2023, 08:17:13 am by Silkscarf »
I'm very patient with managers but I've had enough.

Any experienced manager could pick whichever 11 players are available from our squad and make them into a workmanlike team with a shape and a plan that they understand. We've never seen this under DS. He should have achieved that by now but it's only got worse. What is DS doing that is better than me being coach? Or the kit man or one of the ticket office women doing it? I can't see what he's adding apart from over-complicating everything and confusing the team.

The manager has also got to talk to the supporters with respect. DS treats us like we know nothing. We know what good managers look like - we've had a few. We also know when it's not working and the time has come to cut your losses.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 22, 2023, 08:25:24 am by Alan Southstand »
How come we can get rid of good managers pretty quick, but the crap ones seem to linger around like a bad smell?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012