Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:49:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Sousa sending off  (Read 2854 times)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
The Sousa sending off
« on January 03, 2011, 08:56:08 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I couldn't see it due to the two blokes in front of me standing on their seats giving out w@nker gestures to the North Stand for the whole of the second half.   :santa:

What happened?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:The Sousa sending off
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2011, 09:09:58 pm by mushRTID »
He just took their player clean out, he's a bit shit to be fair. Lets hope the FA get their paperwork machine working.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2011, 09:19:45 pm by nice one rovers »
Was just commenting on him not having a bad game apart from a tendency for kicking long balls. Then he got himself sent off! Daft lad.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2011, 09:27:02 pm by donnievic »
he is just to slow and clumsy

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2011, 10:44:01 pm by JamieM »
I thought he played well, no nonsense. The first one, in my opinion, was definitely not a yellow card. Souza actually did nothing, their player knocked the ball round him and ran into him instead of around him and then fell over the soft get!

I didnt really see the 2nd one because of a similar reason, the ref was probably pressurised by the 'kop' though.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2011, 11:11:14 pm by bobjimwilly »
The game should have been stopped 2 mins earlier in centre circle when they had just fouled one of us anyway.  :S

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2011, 11:20:06 pm by hoolahoop »
bobjimwilly wrote:
The game should have been stopped 2 mins earlier in centre circle when they had just fouled one of us anyway.  :S

Exactly and about 30 secs. before that too!! The second card looked bang on but the first I wasn't sure of .
Apparently according to Bladesmad all the decisions went our way and the best footy was played by them..............some reet nasty feckers on there.  :angry:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2011, 11:53:37 pm by RedJ »
hoolahoop wrote:
bobjimwilly wrote:

Exactly and about 30 secs. before that too!! The second card looked bang on but the first I wasn't sure of .
Apparently according to Bladesmad all the decisions went our way and the best footy was played by them..............some reet nasty feckers on there.  :angry:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: That's a bigger joke than half the decisions that referee made. I'd love to know which game these deluded arseholes were watching...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2011, 12:06:01 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen it on TV and the second foul was a clumsy challenge for a 50/50 ball and no more. Just as Kozluk's foul on Copps was clumsy. Why book one and not the other?

rovinrover52

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2011, 06:19:54 am by rovinrover52 »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Just seen it on TV and the second foul was a clumsy challenge for a 50/50 ball and no more. Just as Kozluk's foul on Copps was clumsy. Why book one and not the other?

and surely giving a pen for a foul on last man through should also have been a sending off
but of course the ref was favouring us i forgot :dry:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 04, 2011, 09:05:40 am by bobjimwilly »
rovinrover52 wrote:
and surely giving a pen for a foul on last man through should also have been a sending off
but of course the ref was favouring us i forgot :dry:

I was a bit drunk during the match yesterday and never thought of that at the time - think I was just happy with the pen - but now you mention it why didn't he even get a card?  :huh:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 04, 2011, 09:28:13 am by Alan Southstand »
Absolutely bang on. I never watched the BBC highlights last night but I reckon there wasn't another Blades player in the area at the time AND Copps was deprived of a goalscoring opportunity! Ref's decision was right for the pen, no question, but having made that one he should have followed it up with a red card (or as a minimum a yellow). What he did was bottle it!

The Loan Arranger

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 04, 2011, 10:07:03 am by The Loan Arranger »
The Ref was reaching into his pocket for a card as he ran towards penalty area. I commented at the time that he was going to dish out a straight red.....when he saw it was Kozluk he did nothing!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 04, 2011, 11:16:35 am by CusworthRovers »
I may be wrong here boys, but I'm sure Kozluk had already been booked. Hence I feel the ref may have been going for a yellow, but realised it was that stroker and that he would have to go. Completely bottled it and should have gone. Would have evened the numbers up and we all know who scored the equaliser 132 minutes into injury time.

As for Denzil's red. Yes it was clumsy. But as said, the first yellow was maufactured by their lad running straight into him on purpose.

I found the Sheff Utd players on that decision and on the subsequent red one, completely out of order in all surrounding the ref on mass and bully him into 2 decisions. Yes I know a lot of teams do this, but it hurts when we don't. I just wonder what would have happened had Copps rolled round for 2 minutes screaming in pain and all our players bang in the face of the ref. That's what happened when Denzil walked, and funnily enough their lad got up immediately running round like a new lamb, once the card was shown.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 04, 2011, 11:35:23 pm by Old Popsider »
CusworthRovers wrote: That's what happened when Denzil walked, and funnily enough their lad got up immediately running round like a new lamb, once the card was shown.[/quote]

Ah but didn't you know that during training sessions now, there's a new subject added - play acting role? Once they've mastered the art of falling down without really getting hurt and then rolling around as if they've been poleaxed they get a membership card for Equity (the actor's union. Then once they've hung up their boots they can go and try various acting roles a la Cantona!!
 ;)  :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012