Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:01:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: lets talk about the wimbledon game  (Read 2854 times)

selby

• VSC Member
lets talk about the wimbledon game
« on March 31, 2018, 10:06:51 am by selby »
  A game that if we win,  even we would find it hard to get relegated this season. Let's go on and win it then.
    Wimbledon must be feeling as we did at Charlton after getting on the wrong end of a water polo match yesterday, although I wish we had had their referee at Charlton.
  It also heralds the return Of our Harry Forrester if selected , to the field where he lit up all our lives with some very disinterested displays, watch out for the sporting free kicks lads.
   We managed to give one of our worst displays of the season when we played at Wimbledon, against a side that showed nothing to try and win the game, and just let us go about chucking a game of football away, and to top it all Danny Andrews getting injured badly, playing on and missing the rest of the season after a promising  start.
  They didn't look that good, a basic side, with big strong players throughout the team, and a couple of forwards that if you let them would bully you into mistakes.
   Our selection should be interesting, now that Fergie has changed to stop tinkering and pick unchanged sides, not even deploying a substitute at Blackpool. Whether the quick turn around makes a difference remains to be seen, injuries allowing I would leave everything alone, as  yesterday was definitely a good allround performance.
    What do you think?
    Can we make it three wins on the trot ?
     Will we attract a decent holiday crowd ?
     Will we be pushing all thoughts of relegation behind us if we win?
     Please feel free to have your say?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: lets talk about the wimbledon game
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2018, 10:12:59 am by IDM »
I did think that DF not using any subs yesterday could have been to keep players fresh for Monday, but then again playing Friday-Monday is not much different to Saturday-Tuesday, bar a few hours for the evening kick off time.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2018, 11:03:10 am by Donnywolf »
Cheers for getting us started Selby !

I reckon we are on a roll now and can see nothing but a WIN even with a potential "bigger" Crowd and us on that roll BUT I do get too bullish for my own good quite often !

Nice to see the side getting a stable feel to it and I went for 2-1 yesterday and maybe see a 3-0 win Monday (its that Bull again maybe)

As for Forrester I said in a recent thread that I would always give a great reception to most past Players and ignore a few. He fits into one of the few

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2018, 12:14:46 pm by IDM »
I remember him mostly for tearing Coventry a new one, a few years ago, think it was on Boxing Day? 

Wasted talent IMHO.. with a bit of confidence and form, and not conceding many goals, this is winnable for us...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2018, 12:28:27 pm by selby »
I remember him for one of the worst displays I have seen at Fleetwood, if I had been Cedric Evina, and been set up by him so many times , we would have had a few words in the changing rooms.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2018, 03:14:47 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Fergie suggested, on interview, that he will be making changes on Monday.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2018, 06:13:15 pm by drfchound »
I hope Forrester doesn’t get the boo treatment.
He always seemed to have a decent relationship with the South Stand and responded well to the Fake Tan from Matalan song.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2018, 06:55:49 pm by RedJ »
He didn't leave in a particularly messy way and wasn't particularly a Kitson, just wasn't rated by Ferguson, so he should be fine.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 01, 2018, 02:55:36 am by scawsby steve »
Does anyone know if Butler and Kiwomya will be available for this one? If they are, it will be one hell of a strong matchday squad.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 01, 2018, 08:38:44 am by IDM »
Only Fergie will know for certain, but I suspect they will be..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 01, 2018, 06:26:40 pm by selby »
  Looking at the Wimbledon forum, their supporters seem to think that Neal Ardley and the coaches are too defencive in their approach to games, and are giving him a hard time of it.
  They played a 4 3 3 formation against Fleetwood, Kaja proving the main problem for Fleetwood, but the conditions were bad, with standing water on the field.
  In his after game interview Ardley said,
  "Doncaster won't slack off, not with their manager, you have to earn every win and we'll have to do that. It's a quick turn around and the boys will be back playing on a heavy pitch, but we'll get them fresh and have another go".

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 01, 2018, 07:36:47 pm by bedale rover »
  Looking at the Wimbledon forum, their supporters seem to think that Neal Ardley and the coaches are too defencive in their approach to games, and are giving him a hard time of it.
  They played a 4 3 3 formation against Fleetwood, Kaja proving the main problem for Fleetwood, but the conditions were bad, with standing water on the field.
  In his after game interview Ardley said,
  "Doncaster won't slack off, not with their manager, you have to earn every win and we'll have to do that. It's a quick turn around and the boys will be back playing on a heavy pitch, but we'll get them fresh and have another go".

Heavy pitch?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 01, 2018, 08:34:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Chances are the pitch won't be good but as always it's the same both ways and coming off the back of the win on a pudding of a pitch at Blackpool, it shouldn't stop us going for it.

Once again, my fear is complacency thinking we're already safe. I hope the players prove they're still hungry enough to go out and win a football match.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 01, 2018, 09:30:57 pm by selby »
  Bedale , it was Ardley's quote not mine, with our sand base I doubt it will be what we call a heavy pitch myself, although it may cut up a bit if the weather is as bad as forecast.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 01, 2018, 09:53:18 pm by Pancho Regan »
I hope Forrester doesn’t get the boo treatment.
He always seemed to have a decent relationship with the South Stand and responded well to the Fake Tan from Matalan song.

It would be childish and churlish (unintended tongue-twister) if Harry was booed tomorrow.

He gave some excellent performances for us and I wish him well.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 01, 2018, 09:53:30 pm by Brian Young »
The away fixture still rankles with me not for just having Danny Andrews carried off and missing still , or for they way had 70/80% possession and lost , but that we never did recover any decent form since .It would have been fitting for Danny to have returned for this one but I’ll settle for hitting a hatfull past them and seeing the bas**rds relegated it would be a fair return for his anguish.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 01, 2018, 10:08:40 pm by RedJ »
Nah. I want them to survive and McDons relegated. bas**rds.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 02, 2018, 09:39:42 am by adamtherover »
The away fixture still rankles with me not for just having Danny Andrews carried off and missing still , or for they way had 70/80% possession and lost , but that we never did recover any decent form since .It would have been fitting for Danny to have returned for this one but I’ll settle for hitting a hatfull past them and seeing the bas**rds relegated it would be a fair return for his anguish.
I'm so glad I was stopping in london that weekend anyway so only had a short journey back to the hotel. If I had made the trip just for the match, I think it would have put me off away games for life. .

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 02, 2018, 10:05:07 am by Dare to dream! »
We were terrible in the reverse fixture, hopefully we can put it right today

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 02, 2018, 10:25:38 am by vaya »
Nah. I want them to survive and McDons relegated. bas**rds.

I'm inclined to agree, although if MK Dons did get relegated they'd probably just start calling themselves Man City and claim a place in Europe next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 02, 2018, 10:30:04 am by Campsall rover »
We were terrible in the reverse fixture, hopefully we can put it right today
Our worst performance of the season. We simply didn’t turn up. Beaten by a poor team which showed just how bad we were. Need to put that right today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012