Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:03:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grant McCann  (Read 2854 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Grant McCann
« on November 03, 2018, 05:35:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
I'm a little disturbed he's come out in his post-match interview and mentioned luck and missed chances after today's game. We weren't good enough, and he needs to acknowledge that improvements needs to be found.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Grant McCann
« Reply #1 on November 03, 2018, 05:38:39 pm by dickos1 »
I think it’s good a manger defends his players in public as long as he tells them the truth in the changing room

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 03, 2018, 05:43:22 pm by dickos1 »
I think he’ll be realising now that the squad isn’t good enough contrary to what he thought in the summer

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 03, 2018, 05:48:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think he’ll be realising now that the squad isn’t good enough contrary to what he thought in the summer
I'm sure he's been listening to you ;)

We know there is room for improvement. January is and always was the wise time to try and get that next level of player in. Meanwhile, this squad can deliver. They just need to sharpen up.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 03, 2018, 05:50:31 pm by dickos1 »
To be honest I think he knew in the summer, in my opinion of course

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 03, 2018, 06:27:00 pm by Lesonthewest »

Yep me too, think it was a 'let's see how it goes' scenario when he took over, but now the pressure will start to build. January will be very revealing which way we are going to go.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 03, 2018, 09:35:35 pm by drfchound »

Probably true but he was never going to say anything to the contrary.
As you say, don’t slag your players off in public.
He probably wanted to see where his current squad could get us.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 03, 2018, 10:08:04 pm by since-1969 »
It was obvious from the start of the season
What deficiencies we had , scoring goals , week midfield and central defenders . McCann plugged the midfield ( Kane & Anderson) and Wilks . All looked promising , but you can’t paper over cracks for too long . We are 5or 6 out 10 team but to get promoted you need 8/10 min . We need to Clear out a lot of players and with 19 out of contract it would appear simple to solve but ... it will cost us a playoff place as players leaving will just not pull up their sleaves for the club . Selfish as it is that’s the facts . We saw it in League 2 when were top of the league and the last 7 games we just strolled around pretending after Fergie told those who were leaving a month too early. This time it’s more serious, as some of the players we need to leave won’t support those we NEED to stay And it’s going to be difficult for McCann to fix this when the rot sets in before January and he isn’t given the funds this side of contract agreements as this board will not carry a loss .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 03, 2018, 10:17:05 pm by dickos1 »

Probably true but he was never going to say anything to the contrary.
As you say, don’t slag your players off in public.
He probably wanted to see where his current squad could get us.

I agree but in my opinion I don’t believe he turned down the opportunity to spend some money.  I think January will tell me if I’m wrong or not

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 03, 2018, 10:28:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Interesting what he said today. Said he can't fault his players effort but lacked that bit of creative quality.  The team.is good, consistency seems to be a problem.  I feel we are missing Tommy Rowe a huge amount.and Joe Wright today is a miss.

I actually though think we are short in the front three.  Wilks started well but hasn't done a huge amount for a number of games, coppinger is ageing we all know that. Marquis is superb but after that we are very short.

My targets in January would be a striker to play either side of the three and perhaps a centre half. 

We are clearly not yet there but far off? Probably not.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 03, 2018, 10:48:09 pm by keith79 »
If something is rubbish. You need to be able to say it's rubbish.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 03, 2018, 10:57:10 pm by dickos1 »
Interesting what he said today. Said he can't fault his players effort but lacked that bit of creative quality.  The team.is good, consistency seems to be a problem.  I feel we are missing Tommy Rowe a huge amount.and Joe Wright today is a miss.

I actually though think we are short in the front three.  Wilks started well but hasn't done a huge amount for a number of games, coppinger is ageing we all know that. Marquis is superb but after that we are very short.

My targets in January would be a striker to play either side of the three and perhaps a centre half. 

That was the case in the summer though.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 03, 2018, 11:26:27 pm by steve@dcfd »

I have to agree about the front three, Coppinger is a provider not a scorer therefore you need two who can score. Wilks is the next best to Marquis but still imo not good enough yet, we need better. Taylor, May, Beestin etc are much of a muchness they will not improve the front three.

In the middle three we have missed Tommy Rowe especially for his goals, nine last year in the league.

Defence without Wright we lose pace in the middle neither Anderson or Butler as it. So we need at least one centre half preferably who can play left of the two.

Now the manager said he believed we have a top six squad. So with his staff and team on the field they have to turn this round then any additions will be a bonus to push us over the line, not a necessity to stop any free fall continuing.

The other thing that GM must do is talk to the goal keeping coach because all our goal keepers stop on their line that should be sorted.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:33:38 pm by steve@dcfd »

aussyroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 04, 2018, 10:23:47 am by aussyroy »
IMO

We are short 2 decent full backs, Center back, goal scorer.
If we can manage that, we should be ok

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 04, 2018, 10:40:37 am by Chris Black come back »
What is most disappointing is that the energy has gone. We absolutely massacred Peterborough and we had Tom Anderson starting at the back in that game and with same players available bar Rowe. I cannot believe we are knackered at game 17 and yet we were barely competing yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:37:11 pm by Chris Black come back »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 04, 2018, 10:44:07 am by RedJ »
The passing is tediously slow at times, again. We're back to playing at a pedestrian pace and you can see what the next pass is going to be from a mile away, and if we can see it the opposition scouts sure as hell can.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 04, 2018, 11:09:54 am by sedwardsdrfc »
The passing is tediously slow at times, again. We're back to playing at a pedestrian pace and you can see what the next pass is going to be from a mile away, and if we can see it the opposition scouts sure as hell can.

The way we were playing earlier in the season needs confidence, just need to grind out some results to get that back imo.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 04, 2018, 11:32:31 am by roversam »
I see GM is blaming Marosi for the 2nd  goal I wonder if it's time to give Lawlor his chance at Chorley, if fit of course.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 04, 2018, 11:47:21 am by Alan Southstand »
Interesting comments about full backs above, because this system does heavily depend on having 2 energetic fb's. All the more galling, then, for the manager to task Lund with competing for the RB berth!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012