Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:16:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Matty Blair  (Read 2859 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Matty Blair
« on March 22, 2019, 06:17:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Is he really feeling super confident, or trying to wind opponents up? His article in the Donny Star today, claiming that Rovers are the best team in this league, better than Luton and Sunderland, and that we'll win all our remaining 9 games, has already been picked up by a rag in the North-East.

It seems a bit risque to me, because if we start losing at either of those 2 venues, Matty will be in for some stick from their supporters.

Anyway, can anyone ever remember Rovers winning 9 games on the trot? I certainly can't.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:20:56 pm by scawsby steve »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Matty Blair
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2019, 06:35:32 pm by dknward2 »
Think if you listen to him on I follow it’s more that he is feeling confident that we can win them all if we play the best we can. Sounds like the break away has done them good.

Just take it one game at a time winning breeds winning let’s start on Saturday and see where it takes us

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 22, 2019, 07:07:44 pm by scawsby steve »
Just been on Luton's forum and it's in meltdown about Matty. They're trying to get some songs ready to sing to him.

Let's hope it works against them and inspires Matty to have a blinder.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2019, 08:20:51 pm by drfchound »
Is he really feeling super confident, or trying to wind opponents up? His article in the Donny Star today, claiming that Rovers are the best team in this league, better than Luton and Sunderland, and that we'll win all our remaining 9 games, has already been picked up by a rag in the North-East.

It seems a bit risque to me, because if we start losing at either of those 2 venues, Matty will be in for some stick from their supporters.

Anyway, can anyone ever remember Rovers winning 9 games on the trot? I certainly can't.

Mmmmm, SS, I think you have slightly misquoted what Matty actually said old pal.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2019, 09:47:47 pm by Pancho Regan »
I haven’t heard Matty’s interview but I agree completely.
We will win our last 9 games, no question.

And we will have a 2nd Brexit Referendum which results in a 100% vote to remain.

You only have to believe.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2019, 10:11:31 pm by foxbat »
8 wins and 90% remain will do  me.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2019, 10:16:04 pm by RoversAlias »
They'll be picking the wrong bloke to single out, if they do. Matty Blair has tremendous character and has dealt with far worse than some cheeky songs off opposition fans.

I hope he's right, we'll definitely make the play offs if we win all our remaining games!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 22, 2019, 10:56:17 pm by knockers »
I can’t believe that anyone still buys the Doncaster Star!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 23, 2019, 12:15:28 am by scawsby steve »

Which part have I misquoted

Mmmmm, SS, I think you have slightly misquoted what Matty actually said old pal.

Which part have I misquoted mate, because I have said almost word for word what Matty said in the article.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 23, 2019, 12:18:38 am by scawsby steve »
I can’t believe that anyone still buys the Doncaster Star!

I agree with you. I got the article from our NewsNow site.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 23, 2019, 09:31:09 am by drfchound »

Which part have I misquoted mate, because I have said almost word for word what Matty said in the article.

I read his statement from the DROS.
According to that he says that on our day, Rovers are capable of beating any side in the league.
“On our day we are the best team in the league but just not the most consistent.”

That isn’t him saying that we are the best team in the league, just that on our day we are.

He also says “we have nine games to go and have the ability to win all nine”.
That is not him saying that catergorically we will win all nine.

There is no mention of him actually individually picking out Luton or Sunderland and saying we are better than them.

I haven’t seen the Doncaster Star article.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 23, 2019, 10:49:41 am by scawsby steve »

I read his statement from the DROS.
According to that he says that on our day, Rovers are capable of beating any side in the league.
“On our day we are the best team in the league but just not the most consistent.”

That isn’t him saying that we are the best team in the league, just that on our day we are.

He also says “we have nine games to go and have the ability to win all nine”.
That is not him saying that catergorically we will win all nine.

There is no mention of him actually individually picking out Luton or Sunderland and saying we are better than them.

I haven’t seen the Doncaster Star article.

That's where we're at sixes and sevens mate; we're both quoting from different sources, and both probably quoting correctly.

I've also discovered that Matty has history with Luton fans, so is probably trying to wind them up.

Anyway, I'm off now mate; time to head for the train station.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 23, 2019, 11:37:19 am by RoversAlias »
Ah yes, was he in the York team that got chased into the stand by Luton fans after a Play Off victory there? Loathsome lot.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 23, 2019, 01:17:28 pm by roversontheup »
Ah yes, was he in the York team that got chased into the stand by Luton fans after a Play Off victory there? Loathsome lot.

I was at that game with some York City friends. Frightening events. Horrible place and fans.  Luton fans still go onto the York forum spouting vindictive, bitter bile.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 24, 2019, 10:31:21 am by eastender »
 I wonder if Matty wished he'd kept is big mouth shut.

I bet Harford had Blairs statement stuck to the dressing room door , because he was made to eat his his words has thay were royally shoved down his throat.  :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012