Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:56:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I guess it’s time !  (Read 2849 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
I guess it’s time !
« on October 05, 2019, 05:08:42 pm by sha66y »
Darren needs to either reassure the fans that he is making great leaps to get a striker in, or give us an update on what the clubs ultimate ambitions are for this season...

We cannot keep outplaying teams and not reaping the rewards that are earned...

I’m usually very calm, and look for the positives , however I am now beginning to feel that a top six placing will soon be a mountain to climb, if something doesn’t change..

However...that looks like all the early front runners are played...now these next 10 games will be a true test of how our domination reaps rewards.....( fingers crossed)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 05:10:57 pm by sha66y »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: I guess it’s time !
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2019, 05:14:11 pm by DRNaith »
I understand that things are raw at the moment, but we are still on target for a play off place, and this is with us playing some of the top teams already.

If we had a few more points, and our games hand converted to wins, we'd be top of the table. Put another way, we are easily achieving what we were told was the target.

Don't let the losses linger longer than the wins!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2019, 05:14:57 pm by redarmy82 »
We are a mid table side.
Without a clinical striker, we won't be near the play offs.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2019, 05:17:42 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I understand that things are raw at the moment, but we are still on target for a play off place, and this is with us playing some of the top teams already.

If we had a few more points, and our games hand converted to wins, we'd be top of the table. Put another way, we are easily achieving what we were told was the target.

We are a mid table side.
Without a clinical striker, we won't be near the play offs.

Talk about differences in opinions! Still, that’s why this forum exists!

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2019, 05:19:58 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Shaaby you are unbelievable.. its you saying we dont need a striker.. when clearly as today has proved we do.. we played Pompey off the park.. Sadlier should have scored.. we had the chances.. played some fantastic football but lacked a cutting edge..their winning goal by Harrison showed what an out an out strikee can do.. one chance one goal all over.. whilst me and others are wondering why we hadn't brought our own striker in with resources available you have been banging on that we dont need to... your a first class..... just a wind up merchant.. and everyone coming out of the ground was saying we badly need a striker.. funny how your now changing  your tune...

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 05, 2019, 05:32:32 pm by mjg »
Only striker we’ll get now is someone nobody wants or a cheap youngster learning his trade in January, to late by then the seasons over

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2019, 05:34:17 pm by vaya »
Only striker we’ll get now is someone nobody wants or a cheap youngster learning his trade in January, to late by then the seasons over

Really? Someone's over-calculated the fixture list then.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 05, 2019, 05:38:41 pm by Filo »
How anyone can come on here and moan about that performance today is beyond me, we hit the bar twice, on another day they go under the bar and we we win, they might have poxed a win, but on that performance they won’t be above in the table

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 05, 2019, 05:40:50 pm by Lesonthewest »
Wasn't there today through choice so can't comment on the game, but looked as if we should have won the game comfortably. Hopefully the lad we have brought in will be banging the goals in soon, just glad we managed to get him over the line.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 05, 2019, 05:54:36 pm by andysly »
Season over in January- priceless that. Barnsley were bottom at Christmas a few years ago and still went up

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 05, 2019, 06:07:05 pm by POD »
We have Ennis and Sterling, both with hopefully short term injuries, plus the new lad as cover.  It’s just a temporary situation and we will have to stick with what we have and reassess in January. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 05, 2019, 06:20:01 pm by Campsall rover »
Even I am saying we need a goal scorer in the team.
We did miss Ennis though and i am not saying we would have won with him playing but we would definitely have had a better chance.

Absolute sickener to lose a game we dominated.

Our football was excellent and on another day those two shots that hit the bar would have been goals.

But yes we need a striker because Sadlier for as much as he gives his all is not a centre forward and his abilities are wasted in that position.

Portsmouth will not get a more fortunate 3 points all season.
They were outplayed, but the only stat that matters is the final score.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 05, 2019, 06:24:55 pm by Red wizard »
The winning goal was a he'll of a header. No keeper was going to get to it. We played them off the park.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 05, 2019, 07:06:27 pm by drfchound »

We have one game in hand over 7 of the 9 teams in front of us and two games in hand on just two of them.
We are currently 11 points behind Ipswich.
How does winning one game in hand put us in front of everyone else?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 05, 2019, 08:58:33 pm by DRNaith »

We have one game in hand over 7 of the 9 teams in front of us and two games in hand on just two of them.

I don't think it does.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 05, 2019, 08:59:56 pm by scawsby steve »
Every team in the top half of the table has scored more goals than us, and only 6 teams in the bottom half have scored less.

If we're to finish in the top 6, those stats have to improve massively.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 05, 2019, 09:00:23 pm by drfchound »

I don't think it does.

Glad that is sorted then mate. 🤔😉

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 05, 2019, 09:03:46 pm by DRNaith »

I don't think it does.

I answered your question, your question though bore little relevance to what I wrote.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 05, 2019, 09:04:49 pm by drfchound »

I don't think it does.

I answered your question, your question though bore little relevance to what I wrote.

I think it did.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 05, 2019, 09:07:01 pm by DRNaith »

I don't think it does.

I think it did.

Ok

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 06, 2019, 01:20:40 am by sha66y »
Shaaby you are unbelievable.. its you saying we dont need a striker.. when clearly as today has proved we do.. we played Pompey off the park.. Sadlier should have scored.. we had the chances.. played some fantastic football but lacked a cutting edge..their winning goal by Harrison showed what an out an out strikee can do.. one chance one goal all over.. whilst me and others are wondering why we hadn't brought our own striker in with resources available you have been banging on that we dont need to... your a first class..... just a wind up merchant.. and everyone coming out of the ground was saying we badly need a striker.. funny how your now changing  your tune...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012