Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:28:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football heaven. Paul the rover  (Read 2854 times)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Football heaven. Paul the rover
« on January 17, 2020, 07:05:26 pm by Jimmydee »
Whoever Paul is that was on Football heaven earlier.
Besides being very negative in your discussion, You quoted that we only have 2 players left that were at Charlton in the play off semi final, you said Copps and Whiteman.
We still have Lawlor, Wright, Anderson, Blair and Sadlier.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Football heaven. Paul the rover
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2020, 07:12:22 pm by IDM »
Why let the truth get in the way of a good moan.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2020, 07:38:24 pm by dickos1 »
Well to be fair to him
Out of the starting line up v charlton we only have copps, Blair and whiteman still at the club.
It’s quite a significant loss

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2020, 07:42:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Well to be fair to him
Out of the starting line up v charlton we only have copps, Blair and whiteman still at the club.
No we have 2 better full backs a better goal keeper and two very good wide players. So what’s the problem?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2020, 07:44:39 pm by IDM »
Well to be fair to him

But still wrong to say only two, regardless of which players started or were on the bench.

Someone has used incorrect information to justify a viewpoint - you can see the issue with that can’t you.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 17, 2020, 07:45:41 pm by drfchound »
Well to be fair to him
No we have 2 better full backs a better goal keeper and two very good wide players. So what’s the problem?

Wasn’t the discussion about players left at the club who played at Charlton though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 17, 2020, 07:56:00 pm by dickos1 »
Well to be fair to him

What on earth does that have to do with the players that started in the play offs?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 17, 2020, 07:57:02 pm by dickos1 »
Well to be fair to him

But still wrong to say only two, regardless of which players started or were on the bench.

Someone has used incorrect information to justify a viewpoint - you can see the issue with that can’t you.?

Yes he may have forgotten about Blair but the point is still a very valid point.
Surely you can see that?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2020, 07:59:27 pm by IDM »
No, the point is he used incorrect information - 2 players instead of 5..

Using incorrect information weakens the argument, whether or not it was valid in the first place.. it’s the former under discussion now, not the latter..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2020, 08:00:39 pm by dickos1 »
Did you listen to it?
I think he said in the starting 11

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2020, 08:03:00 pm by dickos1 »
If it was the squad then it’s 5 out of 15/16 spots still a very valid point

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2020, 08:03:35 pm by IDM »
I’m responding to the op, and still incorrect information.. mind you, that’s a tactic you have used before too..

Never mind.  There’s a game to look forward to tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:06:07 pm by IDM »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2020, 08:51:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The squad finished 6th and was crap when it came to playing teams above us. We're now looking like we can beat anyone on our day. Let's not obsess over last season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2020, 09:02:59 pm by scawsby steve »
The squad finished 6th and was crap when it came to playing teams above us. We're now looking like we can beat anyone on our day. Let's not obsess over last season.

There are some on here that obsess about next season.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2020, 09:05:14 pm by Jonathan »

Really? I’ve not seen anyone that I’d consider to be obsessing over next season. Granted some look beyond the current one.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2020, 09:21:23 pm by scawsby steve »

Really? I’ve not seen anyone that I’d consider to be obsessing over next season. Granted some look beyond the current one.

There was a massive post about it earlier today Jonathan that I replied to.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2020, 10:50:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well to be fair to him

So he was wrong.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2020, 06:29:54 am by dickos1 »
Well to be fair to him

So he was wrong.

As I’ve said, yes he forgot about Blair but to only have 3 players still remaining is still a significant loss.
So his point is still a very valid point

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 18, 2020, 08:55:19 am by i_ateallthepies »
Well to be fair to him

So he was wrong.

As I’ve said, yes he forgot about Blair but to only have 3 players still remaining is still a significant loss.
Your name wouldn't be Paul, by any chance?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 18, 2020, 10:04:03 am by selby »
  I bet Ollie wishes he only had three players of last seasons Manchester United team left at the club.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 18, 2020, 10:07:19 am by Donny Exile in York »
If it was the squad then it’s 5 out of 15/16 spots still a very valid point

It's not 5 of 15 or 16 spots though is it.
.. all the bloody spin on here... its 2 or 3 in the starting 11.. I haven't checked recently.. and 5 say in a squad in the second half of last season of say 22 or more.. we had a really big squad with 4 experienced or quality centre halves for example!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 18, 2020, 10:13:44 am by IDM »
The point of contention is that someone was said to be having a moan on the radio, but had based the argument on incorrect or incomplete facts. 

The argument in general may have been valid to debate, but using blatantly wrong details to support your viewpoint, can only weaken it.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 18, 2020, 10:59:28 am by Donny Exile in York »
Yes but then people arguing the toss on here criticising him are wrong too... we had a very strong squad of say c.20 players and players like Beestin on the outskirts after that.  So it may have been weakened what he said on football heaven but as you say the point overall was valid and I'm simply showing that the critical points since are weakened too.. the actual stats back up his point..

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 18, 2020, 11:21:03 am by BradwellRover »
I was embarrassed for him as he made barely any sense, one moment he criticised the club for not spending money, then the next praised the club for being well run financially.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:23:40 am by BradwellRover »

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 18, 2020, 11:45:52 am by Donny Exile in York »
Well I must confess I didnt hear radio Dee dar last night so if he was talking mixed messages then fair enough..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 18, 2020, 11:53:29 am by Campsall rover »
People just love to have a moan. Even those who know we have a well run club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 18, 2020, 12:10:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to it and sounded very much that he was judging by what he's seen in the papers and social media. He says the club has had no ambition since John Ryan left. Says all but two of the players from last year have left and we haven't replaced them. Couldn't understand why players weren't coming to us because we are a well run club.

In conclusion Andy Giddins said to him he thinks he's being a bit premature by judging at this stage of the transfer window.

You just really wonder how the hell we have found ourselves pushing for the play offs! What a calamity!

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 18, 2020, 12:26:28 pm by arkseyrover »
Its irrelevant how many we have left from the Charlton game. Reality is the team/squad wasn't good enough. Yes we may have been unlucky to lose but look how Charlton have struggled in the championship. Problem is the squad still isn't good enough - and that's a shame because spending a bit of money would turn this round into a very good team with a good manager. But its no good signing players for the sake of it or who aren't gonna deliver.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 18, 2020, 12:41:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well to be fair to him

So he was wrong.

Yeah.

It's just that you're very quick to jump in and correct someone when they make an incorrect claim about Ferguson.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 18, 2020, 01:18:45 pm by drfchound »
Its irrelevant how many we have left from the Charlton game. Reality is the team/squad wasn't good enough. Yes we may have been unlucky to lose but look how Charlton have struggled in the championship. Problem is the squad still isn't good enough - and that's a shame because spending a bit of money would turn this round into a very good team with a good manager. But its no good signing players for the sake of it or who aren't gonna deliver.

Arksey, no clubs just sign players for the sake of it or who aren’t going to deliver.
Very obviously some players do end up “not delivering” but when they were signed no one knew that it would be the case.
I would imagine that all the players that have moved since the turn of the year have been deemed to be “the right players” by the managers that signed them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012