Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:26:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Outgoing Loans  (Read 2854 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Outgoing Loans
« on September 20, 2020, 07:42:52 pm by Alan Southstand »
I understand Branden Horton has gone on loan to Redditch, in the Southern Premier League (Central). This follows on from AJ Greaves going to Gainsborough last week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Re: Outgoing Loans
« Reply #1 on September 20, 2020, 07:51:33 pm by Paul Simpson »
Apparently AJ had a good game for Trinity 👍

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 20, 2020, 07:54:21 pm by Branton Rover »
Both good lads who need games to develop - we have cover in most areas emphasised by Butler not even in the 18

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 20, 2020, 08:06:35 pm by keith79 »
The squad is strong

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 21, 2020, 03:42:04 pm by Campsall rover »
The squad is strong
Don’t understand why they are going to clubs so low down the pyramid. We seem to do this all the time with outward loans.
Surely both Horton & Greaves should be playing at conference North/South level or even National league.
Would that level not stretch them a bit more and enhance their development?

It does puzzle me. But as I keep saying what do i know. It would seem not as much as i would like.  :zzz:

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 21, 2020, 03:54:12 pm by Bezza »
You are right Campsall, they need to be playing at a higher standard than that.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 21, 2020, 04:04:09 pm by Draytonian III »
At least the level they are going to they will have a 99% chance of starting and playing full games, no point going to National Conference sides and only being a squad player

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 21, 2020, 04:21:30 pm by Campsall rover »
At least the level they are going to they will have a 99% chance of starting and playing full games, no point going to National Conference sides and only being a squad player
But they are good enough to be starting in most of the National League teams imo.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 21, 2020, 04:34:06 pm by Barmby Rover »
I don't understand why we are not linking up with York City, a good enough standard to a club that definitely needs help.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 21, 2020, 04:49:05 pm by VivaRovers »
It'd be a bit pointless them going to a National League (or National League North and South) side given their season hasn't started, and isn't scheduled to start until next month.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 21, 2020, 05:14:58 pm by Campsall rover »
It'd be a bit pointless them going to a National League (or National League North and South) side given their season hasn't started, and isn't scheduled to start until next month.
Well spotted Viva. Wondered who would be the first.  If you believe that.  :facepalm:   :chair:

Taxi for Campsall. Yes very true. But you know what i am saying.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 21, 2020, 06:06:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I kind of get them going to a semi pro team if it means they continue training with us. Imagine they'll pick up lots just been out their with the senior pros of established quality. But it'd be good for the loans to start going to a national league level to start or even league 2 they'd progress most that way

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 21, 2020, 06:27:35 pm by scawsby steve »

Good point Glen.

By the way, I thought your co-commentary on the Charlton game was excellent.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 21, 2020, 06:45:06 pm by Draytonian III »
I don't understand why we are not linking up with York City, a good enough standard to a club that definitely needs help.

York have signed about 10 new players for the beginning of their season, including ex Rovers junior/youth player Owen Gamble after his release from Sunderland. With win bonuses and appearance money he’ll be on more money than his last year with the Mackems

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 21, 2020, 11:45:28 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Interested to see how Greaves gets on at Gainsborough under Curtis Woodhouse. I think they'll have a good season and it'd be nice for him to play a part in it.

Some good ex pros at that level & like a few have said it'll do our boys the world of good mixing it with them.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 22, 2020, 11:29:50 am by VivaRovers »
I kind of get them going to a semi pro team if it means they continue training with us.

Leaving aside the National League season not starting yet, this is probably the key reason the players are going to semi-pro clubs at that level; they can still train with us, and possibly (I'm not sure on dual registration rules) still play for Rovers in the FL Trophy as well.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 22, 2020, 11:30:58 am by VivaRovers »

Good point Glen.

By the way, I thought your co-commentary on the Charlton game was excellent.

Ah, thanks SS. I really enjoyed doing it. Looks like I could be the only Rovers fan to see the team play live for some time yet too.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 22, 2020, 02:13:16 pm by selby »
  That's enough Viva, stop rubbing it in, I hope you enjoy the games though give em a shout for the rest of us.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 22, 2020, 03:30:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
But they are good enough to be starting in most of the National League teams imo.

If the managers of National League teams thought so they'd be asking for them.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 22, 2020, 05:27:52 pm by Janso »
I kind of get them going to a semi pro team if it means they continue training with us.

Leaving aside the National League season not starting yet, this is probably the key reason the players are going to semi-pro clubs at that level; they can still train with us, and possibly (I'm not sure on dual registration rules) still play for Rovers in the FL Trophy as well.

The FLT doesn't count as a senior match anymore does it? so maybe they can play in it too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012