Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:59:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation by referee  (Read 3811 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Relegation by referee
« on May 03, 2014, 06:01:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Well done football league officials in achieving what you set out to do  this season. May the 'bigger' clubs be favoured for many years to come.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation by referee
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2014, 06:02:55 pm by Wellred »
We will be a bigger club next year though ;-)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2014, 06:07:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Hence the last sentence.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2014, 06:07:47 pm by Dare to dream! »
Can't blame the refs

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2014, 06:08:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Can't blame the refs

Oh yes I can, old lad. I just have.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2014, 06:15:54 pm by Dare to dream! »
Can't blame the refs

Oh yes I can, old lad. I just have.

You're deluded then if you think we are going down because of them

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 03, 2014, 06:21:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was deluded at the start of the season, thinking that we'd stop up despite officials favouring the 'bigger' clubs.

Perhaps you will realise that I am right if we ever get into the Championship again.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #7 on May 03, 2014, 06:23:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quite right. Ah well, off to watch the Dons tomorrow so at least won't have to worry about dodgy refs, dodgy cheating and dodgy timekeeping. Not sure any other sport would accept what we tolerate in football!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 03, 2014, 06:31:05 pm by Wellred »
Quite right. Ah well, off to watch the Dons tomorrow so at least won't have to worry about dodgy refs, dodgy cheating and dodgy timekeeping. Not sure any other sport would accept what we tolerate in football!

One of the reasons I stopped watching the Dons was because of the dreadful standard of referees and linesmen.
No dodgy cheating or time keeping though.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 03, 2014, 07:33:10 pm by RoversAlias »

The refs we had last season suggest otherwise.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 03, 2014, 07:34:31 pm by Donnybax »
We didn't go down because of referees. We went down because we create nothing and score very little

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 03, 2014, 07:38:18 pm by Donnyrovers »
Blaming the officials is a load of b*llocks we went down because today in our cup final we offered absolute jack shit and have done away from home near enough all season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 03, 2014, 07:45:28 pm by ravenrover »
The difference today is that one manager thought "F**k it we are going for it" and one thought "F**k it what do I do now"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2014, 07:52:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We were destined to struggle in the Championship because our team cost considerably less to construct that almost all of the other teams, so obviously lacked quality in comparison.

Having said that, despite all the unfair decisions given against us by officials, not least the ludicrous abandonment at Charlton, it was only inferior goal difference that sent us down.

That's why I say it was.....

RELEGATION BY REFEREE

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:55:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 03, 2014, 07:57:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The difference today is that one manager thought "F**k it we are going for it" and one thought "F**k it what do I do now"

With the greatest of respect, b*llocks  :evil:  you don't know what Dickov was thinking, and what he had to work with. Retrospective armchair managing is great for debating but it's largely in the world of fantasy/guessing/b*llocks.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 03, 2014, 07:57:41 pm by ravenrover »
I've heard this argument over and over again why was the decision to abandon the Charlton match ludicrous> From what I saw and I wasn't there it should have been abandoned long before it actually was, And as for losing 3 points we were down to 10 men they had just scored they were on the up in that game we could possibly have lost 4-3 the way we perform. Please give it a rest about the possibilities and concentrate on the actuals
we weren't good enough

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 03, 2014, 08:00:12 pm by Akinfenwa »
It's complete mythology that officials favour bigger clubs. Better teams create more situations where they are likely to get favourable decisions. Crap teams do not. And we were crap.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 03, 2014, 08:04:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've heard this argument over and over again why was the decision to abandon the Charlton match ludicrous> From what I saw and I wasn't there it should have been abandoned long before it actually was, And as for losing 3 points we were down to 10 men they had just scored they were on the up in that game we could possibly have lost 4-3 the way we perform. Please give it a rest about the possibilities and concentrate on the actuals
we weren't good enough
Didn't we also have another goal disallowed before it was abandoned?
Would it have been abandoned had Charlton been 3-1 up?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 03, 2014, 08:06:54 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
We were destined to struggle in the Championship because our team cost considerably less to construct that almost all of the other teams, so obviously lacked quality in comparison.

Having said that, despite all the unfair decisions given against us by officials, not least the ludicrous abandonment at Charlton, it was only inferior goal difference that sent us down.

RELEGATION BY REFEREE

How on earth can you say that we were relegated due to the decision of one referee at one match out of 46.?What about the errors by our defenders in the 5-0 thrashing at Bournemouth? What about the late goals conceded which have cost us points? What about the goal-keeping errors? Not many I agree, but goals were conceded. Shall I go on?

Talk a bit of sense for crying out loud!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 03, 2014, 08:09:36 pm by ravenrover »
Go on then Bristol what do you think the managers were thinking, the tactics might be a clue, Birmingham went for it from the beginning and could have scored 2 or 3 before Bolton scored according to McInally who was watching it for SKY, At 2-1 why wouldn't Clarke think go for it particularly when we were losing 1-0 and can you really argue that at the same point Dickov thought what do I do next? How long did it take for him to make the change?
Said it before I'll say it again he is tactically naïve.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 03, 2014, 08:10:13 pm by ravenrover »
we weren't good enough
Didn't we also have another goal disallowed before it was abandoned?
Would it have been abandoned had Charlton been 3-1 up?
Why wouldn't it?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 03, 2014, 08:18:00 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
we weren't good enough
1. Didn't we also have another goal disallowed before it was abandoned?
2. Would it have been abandoned had Charlton been 3-1 up?
Why wouldn't it?

1. Yes we did, and the point you are making is?

2. Because some people use the pathetic and un-intelligent argument that we are little old Donny, and that Charlton are a bigger club based in the capital.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 03, 2014, 08:27:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »

RELEGATION BY REFEREE

How on earth can you say that we were relegated due to the decision of one referee at one match out of 46.?What about the errors by our defenders in the 5-0 thrashing at Bournemouth? What about the late goals conceded which have cost us points? What about the goal-keeping errors? Not many I agree, but goals were conceded. Shall I go on?

Talk a bit of sense for crying out loud!

I didn't say that, for crying out loud!  :facepalm:

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 03, 2014, 09:01:12 pm by john_donc857 »
The alarm bells were ringing 6-7 games ago.
Could not see were the next goal was going to come from never mind the next win.
Dicov and his side kicks are a disgrace.
Everytime i've been this season all they've done is spent 90 minutes abusing the officials.
Time to go!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 03, 2014, 09:31:54 pm by les@donr »
Referee's didn't relegate Rovers, it was due to the work of a clueless manager.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 04, 2014, 02:04:06 am by Bentley Bullet »
Paul Dickov gained us more points than referees did in their efforts at being neutral.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 04, 2014, 06:28:54 am by Donnywolf »
The alarm bells were ringing 6-7 games ago.
Could not see were the next goal was going to come from never mind the next win.
Dicov and his side kicks are a disgrace.
Everytime i've been this season all they've done is spent 90 minutes abusing the officials.
Time to go!

Given my Seat Number - I get a view of PD and he kicks every ball and YES he appeals for everything.

Who behind the Dugout fails to remember when he came as Oldhams Manager and spent seemingly all of the game with his hands in the air appealing for every thrown in free kick fould whether going for us or them ? At one point and it was obviously unscripted he did an arm waving routine and behind him most of the people including me were mocking him in unison

Now he does less arm waving but does watch for confirmation that someone was / was not offside or it was / was not a Penalty from the Video guy just behind me. He can wait ages looking back then when he gets confirmation that we have been wronged even for a throw in he then starts on the officials including the 4th one.

Whether this makes him a bad Manager I know not but a lot of the time it means he misses things on the Pitch that may have a bearing on what another Manager might deem "important"

So a Referee has made a decision that may have done us for a Point (they still may have scored later) but Akefinwa is correct on a different thread ...as is the poster above ... we should have been better throughout the season and insulated ourselves from individual errors by Officials - though there have been plenty of them.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 04, 2014, 06:51:56 am by mjg »
leave the manager alone for gods sake. the league had to much qualty for us to cope with.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012