Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:25:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £15 for adults on Saturday.  (Read 4490 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
£15 for adults on Saturday.
« on April 26, 2011, 08:41:41 am by Wellred »
I know it is an old chestnut but here comes yet another offer to piss Season ticket holders off.
I will be there with my season ticket next year because I don't want to have to go down to the KMS to queue for a ticket and I enjoy having the same seat every home game, but I can sympathise with those who are looking at a season ticket in financial terms.
Personally I lose money from buying a season ticket because I miss probably 5 or 6 games a season.
I just think that JR has got a bit of a shock coming when we get to July/August and he sees how much sales of season tickets sales are down.
We are then possibly going to get the \"We can't afford better players due to low sales of season tickets\" scenario.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re: £15 for adults on Saturday.
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2011, 08:51:11 am by drfcsteve »
Seriously all you ever do is moan about anything and everything you possibly can, get a life man!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2011, 08:57:47 am by MrFrost »
Is it another offer though, or a Cat C game, for which the prices were announced before the season started?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 26, 2011, 09:04:56 am by Norfolk N Chance »
15 with ST and I dont have to go and get a ticket!

Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153445
I know it is an old chestnut but here comes yet another offer to piss Season ticket holders off.
I will be there with my season ticket next year because I don't want to have to go down to the KMS to queue for a ticket and I enjoy having the same seat every home game, but I can sympathise with those who are looking at a season ticket in financial terms.
Personally I lose money from buying a season ticket because I miss probably 5 or 6 games a season.
I just think that JR has got a bit of a shock coming when we get to July/August and he sees how much sales of season tickets sales are down.
We are then possibly going to get the \"We can't afford better players due to low sales of season tickets\" scenario.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2011, 09:07:48 am by DonnyRTID »
Heard at the game yesterday, it was going to be £15 adults and quid a kid, why is it not being promoted anywhere!.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2011, 09:18:44 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=153450
Seriously all you ever do is moan about anything and everything you possibly can, get a life man!

You must be the original happy clapper who never ever sees anything wrong. Its you who needs to get a life. You need to realise what the difference between a moan and an observation is or are you really that thick?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2011, 09:19:12 am by donnievic »
It was advertised at the same time as the QPR game as a local promotion for home fans

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2011, 09:34:39 am by MrFrost »
What is the problem? The game is charged at Category C prices, prices which were announced at the same time you bought your seaso ticket. Get over it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2011, 09:48:36 am by RedJ »
This is probably cos it's the last home game of the season. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it done last year too?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2011, 10:37:45 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153465

You must be the original happy clapper who never ever sees anything wrong. Its you who needs to get a life. You need to realise what the difference between a moan and an observation is or are you really that thick?

It does comes across that all your \"observations\" are negative though Wellred? :huh:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2011, 11:10:55 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=153502
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153465

It does comes across that all your \"observations\" are negative though Wellred? :huh:

Don't worry they won't any more.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2011, 11:32:29 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153504
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=153502

Don't worry they won't any more.

You havent just topped yourself have you?? :dry:

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2011, 12:41:15 pm by Townender »
Fancy coming on here with an opinion Wellred, how dare you.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2011, 03:23:07 pm by washyrover »
Have you got a season tiket

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2011, 05:02:14 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"washyrover\" post=153550

That post just about sums up the intelligence of many posters on here.
CAN YOU NOT READ?

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2011, 05:10:49 pm by Kenny_Senior »
What does the average cost per game work out at anyway if you buy a season ticket?

And then how many games do you actually have to go to before you've saved money on match ticket prices?

Is it still something like 18/19, which is what it was for the previous couple of Championship seasons before this one.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2011, 05:23:17 pm by Wellred »
I don't know the facts. I am sure one of the resident know alls can tell you but I would suggest based on this years reduced admission prices and the free game. It probably is 1 or 2

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2011, 05:28:04 pm by washyrover »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153563
Quote from: \"washyrover\" post=153550

That post just about sums up the intelligence of many posters on here.
CAN YOU NOT READ?
WOZ IN A HURRRY I WOZ ONNLY TRRRYINNG TOO GIV YU UME SUPOT, SORry aBOut HELING.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 26, 2011, 05:42:13 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153566
I don't know the facts. I am sure one of the resident know alls can tell you but I would suggest based on this years reduced admission prices and the free game. It probably is 1 or 2

Fact is, Category C prices were released before the season began, so it isn't reduced admission at all. You will have known of Category C prices when you bought your season ticket.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 26, 2011, 06:21:31 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=153574
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153566

Fact is, Category C prices were released before the season began, so it isn't reduced admission at all. You will have known of Category C prices when you bought your season ticket.

FACT is Categories of games were not known when people bought season tickets this season.
FACT is I didn't know there would be a number of reduced price tickets when I bought my season ticket.
FACT is I didn't know there would be a Free ticket when I bought my season ticket.
FACT is those who bought and paid for tickets for the Crystal Palace game are having their money refunded.
FACT is Season Ticket Holders have been given nothing except an increase in price for next season.
FACT is we are being asked to buy season tickets for next season now. Do you know what category all the games are for next season?

Over to you Mr Frost. Am I wrong?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 26, 2011, 06:41:59 pm by drfcsteve »
Solution - don't buy a season ticket if it pains you so much, but don't moan next season when you have to pay 28 quid to get in to the most popular games and local derbys, either way try and say something positive once in a while! You might enjoy yourself a bit more!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 26, 2011, 06:49:49 pm by Barmby Rover »
If as you say you will be there buying your season ticket because you like your seat and don't like queueing stop whinging. If you want all these offers and you think it is worth your while, buy tickets! Problem solved.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 26, 2011, 06:55:23 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=153586
Solution - don't buy a season ticket if it pains you so much, but don't moan next season when you have to pay 28 quid to get in to the most popular games and local derbys, either way try and say something positive once in a while! You might enjoy yourself a bit more!

You really don't get it do you?
I have already stated I will be getting a season ticket next year but what percentage of the season ticket holders do the posters on this forum represent?
Do you not listen to what season ticket holders at the games say or are you too wrapped up in your red heaven.
Season ticket sales will be well down this year wait and see.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2011, 06:57:46 pm by VivaRovers »
Allow me to be the \"resident know-all\" then as I was looking at the maths for a Viva Rovers article anyway...

A category A season ticket, purchased for the maximum amount (ie. not taking advantage of renewal or early bird offers) costs £500 which is £21.74 per league game. If you take every home game in the same category as costing £25 (which of course they don't as several are priced at £28) then season ticket holders get at the very least three 'free' home games.

I don't have the exact break-down of categories assigned to games but I would estimate that when you account for the £28 games in actual fact season ticket holders get in effect four games 'free', and a fifth at a bit of a discount.

The club has done four home fans only promotional games this season; Leicester and Reading (I think) £15, Swansea £10 and Palace Free, plus the Millwall game at category C for home and away; £15.

Whichever way you look at it, season ticket holders will still have paid less than anyone else who has attended all home games, and that doesn't take into account not having to queue up or ring up for tickets, being given priority for away and cup games, and a discount in the club shop.

Apologies for not prefixing any of these statements with \"FACT is\".

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2011, 07:24:00 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153445

I have a ST and Alliance membership and miss more games than you ffs get a grip and stop bloody moaning. My money (like yours) goes to secure my seat, purchase and pay for players for OUR club, is as you state more convenient oh and I get a discount at the Club Shop. In addition I have 1st. pick of away tickets.

Why are you trying to put folk off putting the lifeblood into our club ..........we NEED thge cashflow and more importantly short term the bloody support!! :angry: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 26, 2011, 10:00:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is not a moan but an observation. If the price of a Season Ticket is so attractive, then why are sales so low and, have been on the decline for the third renewal in a row ?

Accepting the other advantages of buying a ST, you have to be concerned about the decline, as the evidence points to people feeling they are not getting sufficient financial advantage over match day prices and the 'offers'.

The fewer ST holders we have, the more uncertainty the club has about attendances and revenue. The club then needs to work harder, and perhaps spend more, to market matches in the hope that people will buy match day tickets. Particularly, if they go with the same policy of categorising matches again, on past evidence, there will be even more uncertainty about the take up for the higher priced matches.

Surely, it is better to have a higher ST fan base and income as your bread & butter, as that is the only revenue you can be certain of?

In addition, if match prices stay the same throughout the season especially if the prices are 'fair' i.e. £18 Cat B, £23 Cat A (Kids £7 irrespective of age or category and the odd quid a kid day thrown in) then people will know where they stand and will find it less confusing.

Look after your bread an butter ST holders. Many feel after the £5 discount off an FA Cup tie, the club has not made it up to them. The ST holder should have been rewarded with a renewal discount that makes it cheaper than the standard early bird price.  

The whole idea behind the Milwall and Swansea promotions was to gauge if there was an audience out there that would come and could be encouraged to come more frequently. Once again the evidence is there and I hope the club keep this in mind when thinking about next seasons match prices.

I fear a return to the old days when attendances fluctuated between the ridiculous to the sublime and back again. You just can't run a business like that.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 27, 2011, 07:08:40 am by DaveDRFC »
I posted this on another thread but here it is again for you...

'Apologies if this has already been mentioned but to be honest I can't be arsed trawling through the threads...

Bit of basic maths for you -

Cost of a Category B Season Ticket (just like the one I have in my possession) - £380, equal to £16.52 a game

Cost of going game by game (this might be a few quid out as I have gone through the fixture list and tried to remember what category they were and what offers applied) - £441, equal to £19.17 a game

Even with the offers it still works out more financial sense to buy a Season Ticket, why do people seem unable to grasp this fact?? Plus you get 10% off in the shop and get to purchase your away tickets earlier than everyone else.'

Even with the offers you still pretty much get 3 free games a season. Hardly a bad deal is it?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2011, 08:52:27 am by bobbymax »
Quote from: \"DaveDRFC\" post=153664
I posted this on another thread but here it is again for you...

'Apologies if this has already been mentioned but to be honest I can't be arsed trawling through the threads...

Bit of basic maths for you -

Cost of a Category B Season Ticket (just like the one I have in my possession) - £380, equal to £16.52 a game

Cost of going game by game (this might be a few quid out as I have gone through the fixture list and tried to remember what category they were and what offers applied) - £441, equal to £19.17 a game

Even with the offers it still works out more financial sense to buy a Season Ticket, why do people seem unable to grasp this fact?? Plus you get 10% off in the shop and get to purchase your away tickets earlier than everyone else.'

Even with the offers you still pretty much get 3 free games a season. Hardly a bad deal is it?

Hit the nail on the head, Dave. Hardly rocket science is it!

I am guaranteed to see 23 games of Championship football next season (hopefully) at a reduced cost and in a seat which I've come to regard as my own. If this helps the football club I've supported since I was a child, even better. If that club wants to give away free tickets or offer cheap seats on occasion and it attracts new fans, great.

This is a DRFC forum, not a 'what's in it for me' forum which is a concept that's apparently alien to a few posters on here but thankfully not to the chairman and directors of this club.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 27, 2011, 08:52:57 am by jonnydog »
Gods sake, I'm fed up of hearing about this now. Yes I understand peoples different takes on the subject and respect everyones opinion however, is it just me or are times fkin hard!!??! We're in the middle of a bloody financial and economic crisis so OBVIOUSLY season tickets are going to be down again.

I got mine during the 'Early Bird' and to be perfectly honest I struggled to pay for it (thank god for the club scout scheme), and I dont have any kids to support. It pains me to say it, but is there more important things than Rovers? NO! but there is more important things when it comes to families going through hard times and needing to cut back, £400 would come in very handy (even £100 a month if paying in instalments!!). Yes, there's other factors too, but as boring as it is; Fags, Booze, Petrol, Food (In order of priorities! :laugh: ) are a rip off and with VAT up this month there's no wonder people are having to live month by month... Those who dont will have already got there ST and will be happy to have their seat (me included), and have a sense of pride of giving back something to OUR club who, in return, give us months of suffering, agony, but also that feeling of euphoria when things go right... there's nowt better!!!

Fortunately I have no priorities, financial sense, and also Mrs JD wants me out of the house more!! So I'm safe in the West Stand for another year! (think RedJ keeps sneaking in when I'm out!!!  :unsure: )

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Additional: Next year I'm going to keep a tally on how much my ST cost and how much I WOULD have spent, just so when this thread returns next year (as it inevitably will!), I will have 100% accurate figures.

RTIFkinD
:rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 27, 2011, 04:27:12 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=153678
Gods sake, I'm fed up of hearing about this now. Yes I understand peoples different takes on the subject and respect everyones opinion however, is it just me or are times fkin hard!!??! We're in the middle of a bloody financial and economic crisis so OBVIOUSLY season tickets are going to be down again.

I got mine during the 'Early Bird' and to be perfectly honest I struggled to pay for it (thank god for the club scout scheme), and I dont have any kids to support. It pains me to say it, but is there more important things than Rovers? NO! but there is more important things when it comes to families going through hard times and needing to cut back, £400 would come in very handy (even £100 a month if paying in instalments!!). Yes, there's other factors too, but as boring as it is; Fags, Booze, Petrol, Food (In order of priorities! :laugh: ) are a rip off and with VAT up this month there's no wonder people are having to live month by month... Those who dont will have already got there ST and will be happy to have their seat (me included), and have a sense of pride of giving back something to OUR club who, in return, give us months of suffering, agony, but also that feeling of euphoria when things go right... there's nowt better!!!

Fortunately I have no priorities, financial sense, and also Mrs JD wants me out of the house more!! So I'm safe in the West Stand for another year! (think RedJ keeps sneaking in when I'm out!!!  :unsure: )

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Additional: Next year I'm going to keep a tally on how much my ST cost and how much I WOULD have spent, just so when this thread returns next year (as it inevitably will!), I will have 100% accurate figures.

RTIFkinD
:rtid:

Agreed.

How the fcuk did you know?!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012