Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:54:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £15 for adults on Saturday.  (Read 4491 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: £15 for adults on Saturday.
« Reply #30 on April 27, 2011, 07:19:09 pm by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=153759
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=153678
Gods sake, I'm fed up of hearing about this now. Yes I understand peoples different takes on the subject and respect everyones opinion however, is it just me or are times fkin hard!!??! We're in the middle of a bloody financial and economic crisis so OBVIOUSLY season tickets are going to be down again.

I got mine during the 'Early Bird' and to be perfectly honest I struggled to pay for it (thank god for the club scout scheme), and I dont have any kids to support. It pains me to say it, but is there more important things than Rovers? NO! but there is more important things when it comes to families going through hard times and needing to cut back, £400 would come in very handy (even £100 a month if paying in instalments!!). Yes, there's other factors too, but as boring as it is; Fags, Booze, Petrol, Food (In order of priorities! :laugh: ) are a rip off and with VAT up this month there's no wonder people are having to live month by month... Those who dont will have already got there ST and will be happy to have their seat (me included), and have a sense of pride of giving back something to OUR club who, in return, give us months of suffering, agony, but also that feeling of euphoria when things go right... there's nowt better!!!

Fortunately I have no priorities, financial sense, and also Mrs JD wants me out of the house more!! So I'm safe in the West Stand for another year! (think RedJ keeps sneaking in when I'm out!!!  :unsure: )

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Additional: Next year I'm going to keep a tally on how much my ST cost and how much I WOULD have spent, just so when this thread returns next year (as it inevitably will!), I will have 100% accurate figures.

RTIFkinD
:rtid:

Agreed.

How the fcuk did you know?!

I don't think it's because Euell got a brace on monday so I'm just assuming you're getting more out of her than I can!!  :clapping:

... In all fairness she seems alot happier and in a better mood these days. So it's a win win all round! Keep up the good work RJ!!
(Just hope she hasn't caught the Dingle-Infection you got on monday!!)  :sick:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Marmite Man

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 27, 2011, 07:57:00 pm by Marmite Man »
I tell thee what... if you take a young un a season ticket is worth it.

£40 for the season... Outragously awesome.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 27, 2011, 08:35:56 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=153798
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=153759
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=153678
Gods sake, I'm fed up of hearing about this now. Yes I understand peoples different takes on the subject and respect everyones opinion however, is it just me or are times fkin hard!!??! We're in the middle of a bloody financial and economic crisis so OBVIOUSLY season tickets are going to be down again.

I got mine during the 'Early Bird' and to be perfectly honest I struggled to pay for it (thank god for the club scout scheme), and I dont have any kids to support. It pains me to say it, but is there more important things than Rovers? NO! but there is more important things when it comes to families going through hard times and needing to cut back, £400 would come in very handy (even £100 a month if paying in instalments!!). Yes, there's other factors too, but as boring as it is; Fags, Booze, Petrol, Food (In order of priorities! :laugh: ) are a rip off and with VAT up this month there's no wonder people are having to live month by month... Those who dont will have already got there ST and will be happy to have their seat (me included), and have a sense of pride of giving back something to OUR club who, in return, give us months of suffering, agony, but also that feeling of euphoria when things go right... there's nowt better!!!

Fortunately I have no priorities, financial sense, and also Mrs JD wants me out of the house more!! So I'm safe in the West Stand for another year! (think RedJ keeps sneaking in when I'm out!!!  :unsure: )

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Additional: Next year I'm going to keep a tally on how much my ST cost and how much I WOULD have spent, just so when this thread returns next year (as it inevitably will!), I will have 100% accurate figures.

RTIFkinD
:rtid:

Agreed.

How the fcuk did you know?!

I don't think it's because Euell got a brace on monday so I'm just assuming you're getting more out of her than I can!!  :clapping:

... In all fairness she seems alot happier and in a better mood these days. So it's a win win all round! Keep up the good work RJ!!
(Just hope she hasn't caught the Dingle-Infection you got on monday!!)  :sick:

Whatever floats her boat mate ;)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 27, 2011, 09:13:50 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153445
I know it is an old chestnut but here comes yet another offer to piss Season ticket holders off.
I will be there with my season ticket next year because I don't want to have to go down to the KMS to queue for a ticket and I enjoy having the same seat every home game, but I can sympathise with those who are looking at a season ticket in financial terms.
Personally I lose money from buying a season ticket because I miss probably 5 or 6 games a season.
I just think that JR has got a bit of a shock coming when we get to July/August and he sees how much sales of season tickets sales are down.
We are then possibly going to get the \"We can't afford better players due to low sales of season tickets\" scenario.

So back to the original post. I think the facts are plain to see, that a season ticket still provides better value even with the offers given.

So its 15 quid on Saturday. Who gives a flying f**k. It was announced weeks ago. I hope there are more free and cheap games next season. Someone has posted elsewhere that they bought 2 season tickets off the back off it.

I'm actually going to buy a season ticket for next term, despite not missing a home game this year, most of them have been freebies one way or another. In fact no, what am I talking about, I might try and fleece it next season as well.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 27, 2011, 09:19:47 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Marmite Man\" post=153809
I tell thee what... if you take a young un a season ticket is worth it.

£40 for the season... Outragously awesome.

Definitely is, MM! £80 for the next category up isn't bad at all either.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 27, 2011, 09:31:10 pm by VixDRFC »
I remember Stuart McCall being asked about ST when he managed Bradford and they did the £99 ST if you bought before end of December preceding the ST and he said financially the club were better off with 6,000 STH at full price than 10,000 at the reduced price so if you think its all about the bums on seats then maybe you're wrong

I have a Cat C ST which with my ALliance discount cost £306 - thats about £13.40 a match, they're going to need an awful lot of \"offers\" before it loses value. Not to mention I got my ticket for Newcastle away last season and priority on other away games, shop discount etc

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 28, 2011, 03:33:59 pm by DonnyRTID »
Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for this game, with the offer of £15 adults and quid a kid, it should hopefully be a good crowd,
this was originally a cat 1 game and the offers are also available to Leicester fans so they may well sell their allocation.
Here's to another good atmosphere.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 28, 2011, 05:32:26 pm by besty »
I think the point about Bradfords cheap ST prices is a good one.
We would probably get a lot more fans but be worse off.If we owned the ground and therefore the profits from food,drink we'd be quids in.Especially if they brought back the famous Belle Vue cheeseburgers,jeeps do I miss them!

Just to join in the debate I have a ST and miss maybe 6 home games a season so lose out on the cheap deals.End of the day though you support the club and if my money upfront helps secure a deal for a top player next year then top banana!!!

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 28, 2011, 10:22:54 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=153590
Allow me to be the \"resident know-all\" then as I was looking at the maths for a Viva Rovers article anyway...

A category A season ticket, purchased for the maximum amount (ie. not taking advantage of renewal or early bird offers) costs £500 which is £21.74 per league game. If you take every home game in the same category as costing £25 (which of course they don't as several are priced at £28) then season ticket holders get at the very least three 'free' home games.

I don't have the exact break-down of categories assigned to games but I would estimate that when you account for the £28 games in actual fact season ticket holders get in effect four games 'free', and a fifth at a bit of a discount.

The club has done four home fans only promotional games this season; Leicester and Reading (I think) £15, Swansea £10 and Palace Free, plus the Millwall game at category C for home and away; £15.

Whichever way you look at it, season ticket holders will still have paid less than anyone else who has attended all home games, and that doesn't take into account not having to queue up or ring up for tickets, being given priority for away and cup games, and a discount in the club shop.

Apologies for not prefixing any of these statements with \"FACT is\".

Are you not forgetting the super 8 offer and surely if you combine that with the figures based above you could actually get it cheaper than a season ticket

Now that's only cat A but I do think that's quite alarming

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 28, 2011, 10:43:38 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=153985
Allow me to be the \"resident know-all\" then as I was looking at the maths for a Viva Rovers article anyway...

A category A season ticket, purchased for the maximum amount (ie. not taking advantage of renewal or early bird offers) costs £500 which is £21.74 per league game. If you take every home game in the same category as costing £25 (which of course they don't as several are priced at £28) then season ticket holders get at the very least three 'free' home games.

I don't have the exact break-down of categories assigned to games but I would estimate that when you account for the £28 games in actual fact season ticket holders get in effect four games 'free', and a fifth at a bit of a discount.

The club has done four home fans only promotional games this season; Leicester and Reading (I think) £15, Swansea £10 and Palace Free, plus the Millwall game at category C for home and away; £15.

Whichever way you look at it, season ticket holders will still have paid less than anyone else who has attended all home games, and that doesn't take into account not having to queue up or ring up for tickets, being given priority for away and cup games, and a discount in the club shop.

Are you not forgetting the super 8 offer and surely if you combine that with the figures based above you could actually get it cheaper than a season ticket

I paid £306 +£10 Admin. for my ticket today  ( £86 deposit + 3 payments of £77.50) Adult in the Polypipe , admittedly being an Alliance member helps but I just can't see where some of our posters are coming from when trying to persuade others that a ST is a ''rip off''...........have you lost your calculators OR YOUR MINDS !!

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 29, 2011, 12:02:45 am by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=153989

I paid £306 +£10 Admin. for my ticket today  ( £86 deposit + 3 payments of £77.50) Adult in the Polypipe , admittedly being an Alliance member helps but I just can't see where some of our posters are coming from when trying to persuade others that a ST is a ''rip off''...........have you lost your calculators OR YOUR MINDS !!

i dont ever seem to remember anyone posting that the season tickets are a rip off infact if you actualy look around at other teams we are quite reasonablly priced

i think what people object to is being stated a price at beggining of the season
buy a season ticket at x amount and then you sit down look at match day prices and think rather than paying per game i will buy a season ticket as it will save me x
and then as the season goes on they start with the super 8 and you think good offer hope people take it up
then the next offer comes along and so on and so on and you think hold on with all these offers maybe next year i will just pay per game and see what offers come along
and yes you still love the rovers but you aint going to be shat on by offer after offer

now me i have bought my season ticket already but i think i will see what happens this season and if the offers continue my season ticket will not be renewed

and you can continue as a lot on here do and dismiss it but the numbers speak for themselves

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 29, 2011, 08:22:24 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=153995
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=153989

i dont ever seem to remember anyone posting that the season tickets are a rip off infact if you actualy look around at other teams we are quite reasonablly priced

i think what people object to is being stated a price at beggining of the season
buy a season ticket at x amount and then you sit down look at match day prices and think rather than paying per game i will buy a season ticket as it will save me x
and then as the season goes on they start with the super 8 and you think good offer hope people take it up
then the next offer comes along and so on and so on and you think hold on with all these offers maybe next year i will just pay per game and see what offers come along
and yes you still love the rovers but you aint going to be shat on by offer after offer

now me i have bought my season ticket already but i think i will see what happens this season and if the offers continue my season ticket will not be renewed

and you can continue as a lot on here do and dismiss it but the numbers speak for themselves

To try and put a different slant on the season ticket debate and maybe at same time dismiss some of the absolute rubbish some people post on here. Nobody has ever tried to persuade anyone not to buy a season ticket. Yes some of the posters on here will no matter what JR and the board do will blindly follow. In some respects I can understand your fanaticism. Doncaster Rovers is your life and you don't have anything else in this world.
Personally I have been a rovers supporter for over 50 years and have seen some very bad times as well as some very good times. (More bad than good).
BUT...................how many season ticket holders do we have?
How many posters are there on this forum?I think the posters on here who are STH's are in a very smal minority when compared to the overall total of season ticket holders.
Just think about all the season ticket holders who do not post on here. They no doubt are rovers fans but maybe not so fanatical as to be a vsc happy clapper.
How do they see all the offers that have been handed out this season? I know I have heard comments that people will not be buying a season ticket next season because of this.
Why has nobody at the club tried offering anything at all to try and appease the season ticket holders?
Filo was right when he said about fans who had bought tickets for the Palace game getting a refund and yet season ticket holders getting nothing.
Before all you happy clappers respond saying I am moaning and pointing out that 23 games x whatever is cheaper even with the discounts etc etc but it is all about perception.
When we get to the start of next season and we are having to sign lower division cast offs because we can't afford anything else and JR says there isn't enough money to go for better players due to low season ticket sales then tell me I am wrong.
Trust me I would love to be proved wrong but I am sure you will see a dramatic drop in season tickets sales this year and that wont all be down to the economic climate.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012