Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:29:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £27 English pounds  (Read 10435 times)

I-was-there1976

£27 English pounds
« on June 13, 2011, 03:07:25 pm by I-was-there1976 »
cat A and cat B

Welcome to the real world

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: £27 English pounds
« Reply #1 on June 13, 2011, 03:16:42 pm by Filo »
Cat A and Cat B £27? whats the point in having a Cat A & B, someone please tell me this is a joke!

At those prices attendances will fall even further!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 13, 2011, 03:22:48 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
£15 per ticket at £340 paying over three months.

Club cant win can they??? THe ST holders moan when promotions?

Quote from: \"Filo\" post=161027
Cat A and Cat B £27? whats the point in having a Cat A & B, someone please tell me this is a joke!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 13, 2011, 03:27:47 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161029
£15 per ticket at £340 paying over three months.

Club cant win can they??? THe ST holders moan when promotions?

Quote from: \"Filo\" post=161027

Take the rose tints off FFS £27 is is too much for 90 minutes entertainment, Doncaster is a deprived area, wages well below the national average, not everyone is on decent wages!

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 13, 2011, 03:30:58 pm by DonnyRTID »
Still cheaper than most championship clubs are charging.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 13, 2011, 03:32:47 pm by Kenny_Senior »
It's about the average price nowadays. Not saying it's right, but football ticket prices have only been going one way for years.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 13, 2011, 03:34:16 pm by dumbroofer »
season ticket holders are already down in numbers ,now the match by match lot will pick and choose .god help us if we go on a bad run,even the away fans will give it a miss,more so than last season .......

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 13, 2011, 03:42:09 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Why dont you come with a solution? What is reasonable?
My agrument is £15 per game and payments over 3 months were!
£15 per game is back to what teams like Sheff Weds were charging in early 90's.
I seem to remember we were charging £8 back then also.
Next season we should have this level of £340 minimum available throughout the summer given the economic times...

Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=161035
season ticket holders are already down in numbers ,now the match by match lot will pick and choose .god help us if we go on a bad run,even the away fans will give it a miss,more so than last season .......

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 13, 2011, 03:43:05 pm by DonnyRTID »
£27 is only for cat1 games, i think last season the bulk of the games were cat2.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 13, 2011, 03:46:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Just going to say, that's actually a reduction if you read up on it.  Not as much as a reduction as I'd have done.  I'd have gone flat rate £21 adults for every game with 2/3 promotions, nobody ever knows what the prices will be and that should be part of the VSC push IMO, get a flat rate.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Suggestion to Gartom
« Reply #10 on June 13, 2011, 03:50:46 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
On these lines why not have a flat rate of say £20 for members of VSC in respect of Cat a and b?

This would boost both membership and attendences

Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=161041
Just going to say, that's actually a reduction if you read up on it.  Not as much as a reduction as I'd have done.  I'd have gone flat rate £21 adults for every game with 2/3 promotions, nobody ever knows what the prices will be and that should be part of the VSC push IMO, get a flat rate.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 13, 2011, 04:03:20 pm by yapper1901 »
i think though the club have done well to introduce the spread payment option but
you will always find that there will be the people who want to pick and choose there games

so this strategy will have one of 2 effects either attendences will be way down to levels which we have not seen in the championship and the club stay firm and keep with there pricing structure

or there will be lots of special offers and this will have a effect of moral with season ticket holders

one thing that i did question is the fact they have not announced cat 2 and 3 pricing
now is this because they are going to be supper cheap and they dont want to effect season ticket numbers

either way i think the other thread about the vsc stratergy is now totally redundunt as i dont care how much you promote the tickets people of doncaster will not pay £27

i hope i am wrong but i doubt it bad move by mr ryan in my oppion

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 13, 2011, 04:04:57 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=161040
£27 is only for cat1 games, i think last season the bulk of the games were cat2.

i am not sure they will the note at the bottom states

Category 2 and 3 games may be used sparingly throughout the season.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
Re: Suggestion to Gartom
« Reply #13 on June 13, 2011, 04:09:23 pm by dumbroofer »
yes norfolk 15 quid and three months is in my eyes, good but it aint actually caused a stampeed has it,times as we all know are hard
the clubs marketing looks a bit like 5k at £27 is better than 11k a tenner,i dont know the answer as my name says it all lol .
also this is not a moan about the prices as we have to pay for the players we want to see at the club

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 13, 2011, 04:10:32 pm by 5minstogo »
I think the key message in that statement is that cat 2 or 3 games will be used sparingly as they have previously pissed off season ticket holders.

Well this makes it nice and easy then.

In times where folk are trying to make their money go further and reduce their expenditure, it appears they will be priced out of watching their local team.

I don't have a solution but I can't see how this will help increase attendances.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 13, 2011, 04:22:31 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
No because people that can afford it cant be arsed! Just like the scouting thing a great idea but hey means bit of effort.......We had in all about 200 scouters ....perfectic!
What people want is that remote control so they can sit on there arse all day!

Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=161049
yes norfolk 15 quid and three months is in my eyes, good but it aint actually caused a stampeed has it,times as we all know are hard
the clubs marketing looks a bit like 5k at £27 is better than 11k a tenner,i dont know the answer as my name says it all lol .
also this is not a moan about the prices as we have to pay for the players we want to see at the club

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 13, 2011, 04:32:24 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Eh? What do they mean?
We have Category A and B (which is basically the same thing apart for kids), so what do they mean by 'Category 2 and 3'?    

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 13, 2011, 04:35:41 pm by dumbroofer »
you hit the nail on the head there norfolk,the remote and a dozen cans in their manure shirts.

its hard enough to drag the odd one down to the keepmoat for the cheaper games of last season ,so i would say it will be impossible next season

as for the scout idea my mates have said its a gr8 idea,but not one has taken the plunge.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 13, 2011, 04:41:09 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Too be honest pal I am the same a drag a couple down but they just sit their and whinge most of the time about the atmosphere......
Bag my head against a wall really do!

Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=161062
you hit the nail on the head there norfolk,the remote and a dozen cans in their manure shirts.

its hard enough to drag the odd one down to the keepmoat for the cheaper games of last season ,so i would say it will be impossible next season

as for the scout idea my mates have said its a gr8 idea,but not one has taken the plunge.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 13, 2011, 04:52:40 pm by danrover82 »
I'd do away with the whole Cat A and B thing. Get a flat rate for every game regardless that way people know how much week in week out it will be and can budget accordingly.

Then work out the prices.

5,000 fans (not accounting for STH, oaps and kids) at £27 = £135,000 = atmosphere sh*te and club shop sales programmes etc down

or

8,000 fans at £20 again not accounting for STH Kids and OAPs = £160,000 = better atmosphere better sales in shop and programmes etc more money for club

Basically The club want people to buy ST's so they are effectively trying to price the fans who are not in a position out. Meaning on a pay per game basis they are spending £621 a season.  

There is definately room for improvement here from the club that keeps the STH happy and the pay per game fan too.

They need to remember people are not buying tickets because they dont love the club or want to see them week in week out. They are basioally not buying them because they are not in a position to be able to, regardless of inentives or 3 monthly installments.

Time for DRFC to get in touch with the fans here and usnderstand their feelings as a paying customer!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 13, 2011, 05:00:56 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=161060

Eh? What do they mean?
We have Category A and B (which is basically the same thing apart for kids), so what do they mean by 'Category 2 and 3'?    

Cat A, B & C are the seating choices in the stadium, i.e. down the side, in the corners or behind the goal.

Cat 1, 2 or 3 are the grade of opposition or the quality of the game. Liverpool in the cup would be a Cat 1 game, Hartlepool a Cat 3.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 13, 2011, 05:11:13 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Ahh. Of course. Ta.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 13, 2011, 06:02:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sadly there are no longer any Cat C seats just A & B.

Clearly the club have tactically only revealed Cat A prices in the hope that those who may not have renewed will think again.

On a positive they have reduced the price marginally for adults and a bit more for kids, but they haven't gone as far for kids as I'd hoped.

I did my bit pleading for a flat match price and one price for kids irrespective of age or Category...but I failed...again.

For me they have continued to make the same mistake and when attendances are way down the pressure to make more games Cat 2 or 3 will be irresistable, and we'll end up exactly where we were this season and once again undermine the full value of the Season Ticket.

I just think the only way to restore confidence is to consult with the fans groups first, then publish all prices at the same time to enable people to make the best choice of ticket for them and their pockets.

So for big games we'll end up 3/4 or 1/2 full when there should be full houses.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 13, 2011, 06:03:05 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=161045
i think though the club have done well to introduce the spread payment option but
you will always find that there will be the people who want to pick and choose there games

so this strategy will have one of 2 effects either attendences will be way down to levels which we have not seen in the championship and the club stay firm and keep with there pricing structure

or there will be lots of special offers and this will have a effect of moral with season ticket holders

one thing that i did question is the fact they have not announced cat 2 and 3 pricing
now is this because they are going to be supper cheap and they dont want to effect season ticket numbers
either way i think the other thread about the vsc stratergy is now totally redundunt as i dont care how much you promote the tickets people of doncaster will not pay £27

I couldn't disagree more with your comment about the relevance of the VSC strategy, it is is precisely this sort of issue that we should be focussing on and taking to the club ideally with our own solutions. Only by having a single voice with the weight of the entire VSC membership behind it will we have a chance of bringing about change.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 13, 2011, 06:08:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
PS So much for making it cheaper behind the goal. Kiss the Polypipe Pop Stand kop/singing section goodbye (Unless of course all 3374 renewals have chosen to sit there !)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 13, 2011, 06:11:37 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=161074
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=161045

I couldn't disagree more with your comment about the relevance of the VSC strategy, it is is precisely this sort of issue that we should be focussing on and taking to the club ideally with our own solutions. Only by having a single voice with the weight of the entire VSC membership behind it will we have a chance of bringing about change.

problem is read donnybaz post and you will see the club are not listning
i honestley think the problem is dave morris makes the decisions and he doesnt agree
it has been mentioned time and time again at fans forum and every time dave doesnt agree
so you dont have a chance to get him to listen
and you could say well he will see when attendence are down but he didnt see it last season and they have made it worse this season

only thing i could recommend is save the vsc money till end of season and promote the hell out of season tickets

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 13, 2011, 06:28:31 pm by john_donc857 »
£27 for a home game seems a bit steep to me. I would`nt  renew mine and my lads season tickets this season because there was still 6 months to go before kickoff. I've not been to many away games over the last few years, but this season the £370 i spent on last seasons tickets will all go on as many away games as it will stretch to. see you all at the quid a kid and family ticket games

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 13, 2011, 06:29:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
only thing i could recommend is save the vsc money till end of season and promote the hell out of season tickets

Problem being we promoted he hell out of the ST Club scout offer. I along with a few others spent 2 hours getting piss wet through handing out the flyers detailing the savings that could be made.

I kept asking folk if they had renewed yet and perhaps a good 50% said they had or they would be doing and the rest were divided up by those who said no, and those who said no we're waiting for the offers.

We can do all the maths you want, we can criticise the Donny public all we want but if the biggest feedback is that fewer fans are seeing the value of a season ticket, then you ignore it at your peril.

Plus, as of now the club are keeping the trump card in terms of categorising matches, does that breed more confidence or less?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 13, 2011, 06:37:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
£27 for a home game seems a bit steep to me. I would`nt renew mine and my lads season tickets this season because there was still 6 months to go before kickoff. I've not been to many away games over the last few years, but this season the £370 i spent on last seasons tickets will all go on as many away games as it will stretch to. see you all at the quid a kid and family ticket games

Exactly my point.

However, this is sad that a fan intends spending £370 away from home which in no way will help DRFC. So for the sake of gaining £20, £40 or £60 on a season ticket, or an extra £4 or £5 on a match day ticket, the club has lost £370...and that's what 3000 plus ex-ST holders have been telling us.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 13, 2011, 06:38:33 pm by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=161080
£27 for a home game seems a bit steep to me. I would`nt  renew mine and my lads season tickets this season because there was still 6 months to go before kickoff. I've not been to many away games over the last few years, but this season the £370 i spent on last seasons tickets will all go on as many away games as it will stretch to. see you all at the quid a kid and family ticket games

So you don't mind paying more for away games?, there's nowt like supporting your club is there!:headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012