Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:28:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £27 English pounds  (Read 10439 times)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Re: Suggestion to Gartom
« Reply #30 on June 13, 2011, 06:41:05 pm by southwestexile »
I'm happy to say that Im lucky enough to have a decent job and my wage is ok but I had to baulk at paying £63 to enable me, my wife and 4 year old watch us play Bristol City last year (this was made worse by being told that i would only need to pay £1 for said nipper if I had the coupon in the Free Press - I'd just driven up from Exeter ffs!!!! - no coupon then £11 please).

I know the club has to survive and the season ticket deal does look good but passing trade and people going to the odd game are just as valuable (as previously mentioned, for atmosphere and potential future STH).

I'll go to a game whenever possible but certainly won't be in a hurry to take the family again - he'll probably end up being an egg chaser (of the wrong code) as a result.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: £27 English pounds
« Reply #31 on June 13, 2011, 06:41:49 pm by MrFrost »
Get ready for Scunthorpe type attendances next season.
I had planned on buying a season ticket, however circumstances have changed and I cannot justify spending that much money any more.

I can honestly say that I can't see myself spending £27 for many home games either. Sorry but it is money that I could spend better elsewhere.

I'll brace myself for the abuse.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 13, 2011, 06:44:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I would urge john_donc857 to consider any of the following:-

1. Find someone whom you can share the club scout savings with.
2. Wait and see what Cat 2 and 3 match prices are
3. Consider the Magic 8 or equivalent which should save you money
4 It won't be any cheaper at away games, plus petrol ?

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 13, 2011, 06:45:46 pm by roverssam1879 »
this is pathetic, we struggle for numbers at the best of times, we are a small club in yorkshire and it hurts to say it but thats fact, we always have been. with sheffield just a few mile away and obviousley leeds within yorkshire who all have good history we just cant compete, and that wont change for a generation of two, we need to be realistic, we dont spend money on transfers and i cant imagine that we have a massive wage bill, £27 is far too much, it certainly would put me off when the chips are down, and pay day is weeks aways, the club really need to think about this further.

people will pay this when we are in te top half of the table but i cant see them paying out when we are struggling at the foot of the table come christmas time, and by the looks of progress we are making within the transfer market it looks more than likely the case im affraid to say.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 13, 2011, 06:48:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quote from: \"southwestexile\" post=161087
I'm happy to say that Im lucky enough to have a decent job and my wage is ok but I had to baulk at paying £63 to enable me, my wife and 4 year old watch us play Bristol City last year (this was made worse by being told that i would only need to pay £1 for said nipper if I had the coupon in the Free Press - I'd just driven up from Exeter ffs!!!! - no coupon then £11 please).

I know the club has to survive and the season ticket deal does look good but passing trade and people going to the odd game are just as valuable (as previously mentioned, for atmosphere and potential future STH).

I'll go to a game whenever possible but certainly won't be in a hurry to take the family again - he'll probably end up being an egg chaser (of the wrong code) as a result.

If you register your e-mail address with the club you will be informed of all offers. Or, keep in touch on this site as we make sure everyone is aware of the offers. (The coupon was scanned on here at the time)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 13, 2011, 06:50:17 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=161089

Going purely on entertainmant value I would say generally that away games are a better investment of time and money.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 13, 2011, 07:02:07 pm by john_donc857 »
The truth is i just could'nt be bothered to renew our season tickets by the march deadline. I just wanted the season to end it seemed to go on forever.I know at least a dozen season ticket holders who felt the same. I had no interest in the club scout thing all i wanted was my seat being held while june for around the same kind of price as last season.I won't pay another £90 for the same saeats, simple as

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 13, 2011, 07:14:18 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=161094
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=161089

Going purely on entertainmant value I would say generally that away games are a better investment of time and money.

Truer words have never been spoken...

As of point 4, when I go to away games I travel by Supporters club, take part in the raffle, so I invest in the Supporters club as well as the away club.

I don't see what everyone is moaning about tbh, wasn't it £28 last year? It's dropped, albeit by a low percentage but it has dropped.

DonnyBazRover? what is wrong with the child prices? £5 in cat B up to 16 years of age, that is atroucious, and £15 anywhere else for a CAT 1 game, there was only 6 of these last year according to John Ryan, so it's bound to be a couple of quid less for rest of games if they are to price them like last season.

I'm a student and my student loan goes elsewhere to leave little money for football, and what does goes towards away games, its much better entertainment and atmosphere. I don't go to football to make sure i have given the club my income, but for my own enjoyment, and thanks to the keepmoat we have no atmosphere which makes away games preferrable...

Is it me or does JR sound extremely desperate in that statement on the OS? Mind you, I suppose i'd be begging if my football club was looking doubtful to get 4000 season ticket holders in Europe's 4th most watched division (are we still that after this season?)

I expect an article in the Free Press shaming the Donny Public soon...

In the article on the OS when he speaks about loyalty, is he speaking about proving your loyalty by buying a season ticket?

I'd rather not, id rather prove my loyalty by keep paying on a match by match basis and still be there when we're doing poor, if your a season ticket your probs going to be at most games cos you've already paid, regardless of how poor we are.

I hope JR isn't implying no season ticket = no value of loyalty in his eyes, otherwise I'll go offer my support to Goole AFC, anyone know how much their season tickets are?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 13, 2011, 07:25:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DonnyBazRover? what is wrong with the child prices? £5 in cat B up to 16 years of age, that is atroucious, and £15 anywhere else for a CAT 1 game, there was only 6 of these last year according to John Ryan, so it's bound to be a couple of quid less for rest of games if they are to price them like last season.

I said in my thread there are some positives.

I also hear what John_donc857 is saying however \"I had no interest in the club scout thing\". I just don't understand why you wouldn't be interested in saving at least a 1/3 of the price.

I have a mate who as soon as he knew the headline price was up again, said the club had gone too far, and I'm sure he's not alone but we managed to get enough people interested to share out the savings so thankfully he's still onboard.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 13, 2011, 07:34:28 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
The public will get what they deserve shortly and I am sure there will be some very harsh words said on the back of these sales.

Quite frankly some of the comments on this post have been amazing but given no doubt mischievous forces at work.

Come what may this is as far as the club can go and the free loaders cant quite frankly go back to their armchair if their not interested.

I hope the club take a realistic view as did Scunthorpe and sell the best players and help resolve what could be a financial disaster.

There will no complaints here and heaven knows we/they have tried!

All that great work I am sure is about to
go to waste as we slip down down the leagues once again.

JR sorry to say 6 days will not be enough I wish I could be more positive!

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 13, 2011, 07:42:05 pm by john_donc857 »
DonnyBazROver  I've got £370 here burning an hole in my back pocket. All i want in exchange is the adult and u/11s  season tickets that i.ve had in the southeast corner for the past few years. Why should a season ticket holder for the last 10 years suddenly have a 25% increase because he would'nt play by the forever changing rules

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 13, 2011, 07:50:47 pm by DonnyRTID »
\"Is it me or does JR sound extremely desperate in that statement on the OS? Mind you, I suppose i'd be begging if my football club was looking doubtful to get 4000 season ticket holders in Europe's 4th most watched division (are we still that after this season?)\"

You make me sick you little chav, feck off and watch Goole if that's how you feel about OUR club.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 13, 2011, 07:52:26 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=161113
\"Is it me or does JR sound extremely desperate in that statement on the OS? Mind you, I suppose i'd be begging if my football club was looking doubtful to get 4000 season ticket holders in Europe's 4th most watched division (are we still that after this season?)\"

You make me sick you little chav, feck off and watch Goole if that's how you feel about OUR club.

Oh so say all of us!
lol

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 13, 2011, 07:54:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=161093

If you register your e-mail address with the club you will be informed of all offers. Or, keep in touch on this site as we make sure everyone is aware of the offers. (The coupon was scanned on here at the time)

Baz, I'm a ST holder and Alliance member but almost never receive anything by e-mail from the club.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 13, 2011, 07:55:42 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161114
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=161113

Oh so say all of us!
lol

Forum breakdown alert! Approach with extreme caution.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 13, 2011, 07:56:07 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=161108
DonnyBazROver  I've got £370 here burning an hole in my back pocket. All i want in exchange is the adult and u/11s  season tickets that i.ve had in the southeast corner for the past few years. Why should a season ticket holder for the last 10 years suddenly have a 25% increase because he would'nt play by the forever changing rules

So you could have had the tickets you wanted for £380 (a £10 increase accounted for by the rise in VAT) and paid by instalments if you'd taken advantage of the early bird prices.

It is of course completely your prerogative how you spend your money. I find it really strange however that people who have been STH's for years are now apparently not only not now buying a ST but also never going to darken the Keepmoat doors again.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 13, 2011, 07:58:15 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=161117

So you could have had the tickets you wanted for £380 (a £10 increase accounted for by the rise in VAT) and paid by instalments if you'd taken advantage of the early bird prices.

It is of course completely your prerogative how you spend your money. I find it really strange however that people who have been STH's for years are now apparently not only not now buying a ST but also never going to darken the Keepmoat doors again.

I blame Princess Diana.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 13, 2011, 07:58:17 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
But he coulnt be bothered ...but at least he admits it!

AT least he is honest....so lets hope the board can be bothered to pay in timely fashion!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 13, 2011, 08:01:33 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Given he a new member think I am smelling a rat here s lets not take him too seriously :cry:

Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161119
But he coulnt be bothered ...but at least he admits it!

AT least he is honest....so lets hope the board can be bothered to pay in timely fashion!

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 13, 2011, 08:02:46 pm by Kenny_Senior »
I blame Mark Wilson. He usually gets the blame for most things.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 13, 2011, 08:29:25 pm by john_donc857 »
I can't remember saying i won't be going to the keepmoat again. I'll go to the quid a kid and family day games. As for the early bird scheme, don't try and convince me its worked. the term disaster springs to mind

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 13, 2011, 08:33:51 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=161030
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161029
£15 per ticket at £340 paying over three months.

Club cant win can they??? THe ST holders moan when promotions?

Quote from: \"Filo\" post=161027
Cat A and Cat B £27? whats the point in having a Cat A & B, someone please tell me this is a joke!

At those prices attendances will fall even further!

Take the rose tints off FFS £27 is is too much for 90 minutes entertainment, Doncaster is a deprived area, wages well below the national average, not everyone is on decent wages!

I think you might find that at least 20 people in Doncaster are paid very well, in fact incredibly well. Hugely above the national average in fact. They play football once a week for 9 months of every year.............hence the ticket price increases....blame them, not the club.

And the ST is still a good deal btw.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 13, 2011, 08:38:21 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Good post - thats why I have come to conclusion we have come as far as we can.....

FFS Leeds and Derby get 25k/30k crowds a week how can we complete!

Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=161133
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=161030
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161029
£15 per ticket at £340 paying over three months.

Club cant win can they??? THe ST holders moan when promotions?

Quote from: \"Filo\" post=161027
Cat A and Cat B £27? whats the point in having a Cat A & B, someone please tell me this is a joke!

At those prices attendances will fall even further!

Take the rose tints off FFS £27 is is too much for 90 minutes entertainment, Doncaster is a deprived area, wages well below the national average, not everyone is on decent wages!

I think you might find that at least 20 people in Doncaster are paid very well, in fact incredibly well. Hugely above the national average in fact. They play football once a week for 9 months of every year.............hence the ticket price increases....blame them, not the club.

And the ST is still a good deal btw.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 13, 2011, 08:41:23 pm by MrFrost »
I guess I am not a true supporter. I'm sorry but I won't be paying £27 per game next season. I simply cannot justify it. It pains me to say it as I have only missed one league game at the KMS since it opened, but unfortunately there are things that come before football. I'm pleased there are some for who it is the number one priority.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 13, 2011, 08:50:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I guess I am not a true supporter. I'm sorry but I won't be paying £27 per game next season. I simply cannot justify it. It pains me to say it as I have only missed one league game at the KMS since it opened, but unfortunately there are things that come before football. I'm pleased there are some for who it is the number one priority.

You won't have to pay £27 a game.... I wouldn't. These are only for Cat 1 matches. Last season they were £28 !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 13, 2011, 08:56:42 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=161138

You won't have to pay £27 a game.... I wouldn't. These are only for Cat 1 matches. Last season they were £28 !

Not releasing the full pricing structure and withholding  which games are going to be in which category has been met with a negative reaction, people see the £27 and nothing else and believe they are getting ripped off, for the casual fan, the statement gives the impression that every game is £27, are they trying their best to discourage people from attending matches?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 13, 2011, 08:57:02 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Dont think anyone said that have we in fact the sensible ones have come up with suggestions but with the realism that things need to alter.

Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=161137

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 13, 2011, 08:59:17 pm by vaya »

I may be missing something here, but if you've only missed one league game in several years, why not opt for a season ticket?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 13, 2011, 09:03:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Everyone circumstances are different and family must alway come first but credit where it was due for payment over 3 months.

I dnt think I culd have renewed this year without that but mine is coming out a £15 per game so again good value.

Quote from: \"vaya\" post=161142

I may be missing something here, but if you've only missed one league game in several years, why not opt for a season ticket?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 13, 2011, 09:08:24 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=161142

I did until this last season, however such were my circumstances I didn't think I would be able to make alot of home games. As it turned out I didn't miss one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012