Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:27:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £27 English pounds  (Read 10438 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: £27 English pounds
« Reply #60 on June 13, 2011, 09:16:47 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
The only thing I would alter is this stepping for the ST increases and recessional times they should have kept the one price with the credit facilities without.

However maybe for budgeting purposes this is impossible.

Dont see how extending the renewal period for another 6 days period make any difference?

Why not go back to drawing board and put the prices and credit terms back as they were orginally and offer the appropriate refunds?

You will then once and for all have the true overall picture and if no buyin then crack on with realistic budgets and sell where necessary?

Either way not ideal?

Frosty - if opportunity to get one in ST at £340 on credit terms would this help?

Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=161145
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=161142
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=161137
I guess I am not a true supporter. I'm sorry but I won't be paying £27 per game next season. I simply cannot justify it. It pains me to say it as I have only missed one league game at the KMS since it opened, but unfortunately there are things that come before football. I'm pleased there are some for who it is the number one priority.

I may be missing something here, but if you've only missed one league game in several years, why not opt for a season ticket?

I did until this last season, however such were my circumstances I didn't think I would be able to make alot of home games. As it turned out I didn't miss one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 13, 2011, 09:26:38 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=161140
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=161138
I guess I am not a true supporter. I'm sorry but I won't be paying £27 per game next season. I simply cannot justify it. It pains me to say it as I have only missed one league game at the KMS since it opened, but unfortunately there are things that come before football. I'm pleased there are some for who it is the number one priority.

You won't have to pay £27 a game.... I wouldn't. These are only for Cat 1 matches. Last season they were £28 !

Not releasing the full pricing structure and withholding  which games are going to be in which category has been met with a negative reaction, people see the £27 and nothing else and believe they are getting ripped off, for the casual fan, the statement gives the impression that every game is £27, are they trying their best to discourage people from attending matches?

I would have thought that by releasing the match day pricing on the same day as extending the deadline for buying a ST is to reiterate the value of that and to give people a bit more time to decide whether to take the plunge or not.

I said some time ago that it would only be logical to raise match day prices in light of the ST prices. What the club have done is slightly simplify adult pricing by having the same prices for cat 1 and 2 games, pitching the price at a slight reduction to last season but an increase on the cat 2 price and hinted at a reduced level of cat 3 games. So in that sense yes, you will pay more on average for match day tickets and by definition the ST represents relatively speaking better value.

Interesting that the Magic 8 will be available from July and will be pitched somewhere between match day prices and ST prices.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 13, 2011, 09:32:40 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161147
The only thing I would alter is this stepping for the ST increases and recessional times they should have kept the one price with the credit facilities without.

Dont see how extending the renewal period for another 6 days period make any difference?

Why not go back to drawing board and put the prices and credit terms back as they were orginally and offer the appropriate refunds?

You will then once and for all have the true overall picture and if no buyin then crack on with realistic budgets and sell where necessary?

Either way not ideal?

Frosty - if opportunity to get one in ST at £340 on credit terms would this help?

I may be missing something here, but if you've only missed one league game in several years, why not opt for a season ticket?

I did until this last season, however such were my circumstances I didn't think I would be able to make alot of home games. As it turned out I didn't miss one.

Possibly, however I don't know what my personal situation will be when the season kicks off, which is the main reason I haven't bought one.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 13, 2011, 09:34:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Couldn't argue with that.

I suggested this to Shaun Lockwood at DRFC in early May and he said he won't be extending the deadlines unless he's told to. In addition he quoted the following which, we now know the outcome.

Price proposals for next season have already with the board and we’re awaiting confirmation .  

Without saying too much and without leading you down one path which may be wrong (as it depends on which proposals they go with) a flat price scheme has been considered as has a reduced kids price in certain areas.  

There is also a magic 8 style product which will once again give benefits to those who commit to the club.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 13, 2011, 10:03:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Given three years in this league we started with 8K ST holders and now to 4K at best!!!

Why has the ST holders halved?

This is my own opinion based upon chatting with people and viewing the forum for last 10 years.

The reasons I would suggest as below;-

1)Novelty worn off and have better things to do 33.33%
=1)Cant afford any more/ better value therefore paying per game 33.33%
=1)Circumstances changed inc moving away/ childcare/ shift patterns/ persons cant take indivuals anymore 33.33%

At this stage of the development the best we could hope for 5k being positive.

We need to retain at this level for several years to improve this as I believe we have a very difficult job on given climate and the locality that support other teams inc local/national.

Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=161155

Couldn't argue with that.

I suggested this to Shaun Lockwood at DRFC in early May and he said he won't be extending the deadlines unless he's told to. In addition he quoted the following which, we now know the outcome.

Price proposals for next season have already with the board and we’re awaiting confirmation .  

Without saying too much and without leading you down one path which may be wrong (as it depends on which proposals they go with) a flat price scheme has been considered as has a reduced kids price in certain areas.  

There is also a magic 8 style product which will once again give benefits to those who commit to the club.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 13, 2011, 11:18:06 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=161151

I said some time ago that it would only be logical to raise match day prices in light of the ST prices. What the club have done is slightly simplify adult pricing by having the same prices for cat 1 and 2 games, pitching the price at a slight reduction to last season but an increase on the cat 2 price and hinted at a reduced level of cat 3 games. So in that sense yes, you will pay more on average for match day tickets and by definition the ST represents relatively speaking better value.

I thought we'd already established that the prices on the OS are NOT for cat 1 and 2 games, but are just for cat 1 games, and that the 2 categories of A and B are the seating areas?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 14, 2011, 09:11:46 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=161113
\"Is it me or does JR sound extremely desperate in that statement on the OS? Mind you, I suppose i'd be begging if my football club was looking doubtful to get 4000 season ticket holders in Europe's 4th most watched division (are we still that after this season?)\"

You make me sick you little chav, feck off and watch Goole if that's how you feel about OUR club.

Excuse me? What is wrong with that post? The Championship had the 4th biggest crowds in Europe last season (and season before) I was asking if this still was the case.

and John Ryan does sound desperate, and I understand why, does that make me a chav who should \"feck off\" Do i give off the effect of a chav, well I don't own any tracksuit bottoms, I have never like cider and don't walk around anywhere shouting \"ere dickead\"

My last bit of the post where Goole AFC are concerned is a hint of sarcasm combined with my own personal reaction if I didn't misread JR on the OS when he spoke about loyalty, hoepfully it was the fans in general and not only the ST holders who are loyal...

However its rare i give off the effect of making someone sick, especially after making a post with no offence aimed at anyone or any club and you feel the need to throw abuse at me, nice one :thumbsup:

Get over yourself...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 14, 2011, 09:17:17 am by steve@dcfd »
Given three years in this league we started with 8K ST holders and now to 4K at best!!!

Why has the ST holders halved?

This is my own opinion based upon chatting with people and viewing the forum for last 10 years.

The reasons I would suggest as below;-

1)Novelty worn off and have better things to do 33.33%
=1)Cant afford any more/ better value therefore paying per game 33.33%
=1)Circumstances changed inc moving away/ childcare/ shift patterns/ persons cant take indivuals anymore 33.33%

At this stage of the development the best we could hope for 5k being positive.

We need to retain at this level for several years to improve this as I believe we have a very difficult job on given climate and the locality that support other teams inc local/national.

The other reason why seasons tickets have fallen year on year is the quality of the players we have and the football we are playing. Take Billy out of the squad and the players we have are not has good has the team promoted from division one. Therefore supporters are asked to remain loyal pay more and yet the product on the field consistently is not as good has previous years. So supporters will not buy season tickets.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 14, 2011, 09:18:37 am by Kenny_Senior »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=161185
Do i give off the effect of a chav, well I don't own any tracksuit bottoms, I have never like cider and don't walk around anywhere shouting \"ere dickead\"

Are you the one who's been booted out of Boro and Nowich amongst other places?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 14, 2011, 09:34:57 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=161187
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=161185
Do i give off the effect of a chav, well I don't own any tracksuit bottoms, I have never like cider and don't walk around anywhere shouting \"ere dickead\"

Are you the one who's been booted out of Boro and Nowich amongst other places?

Norwich I was the subject of bad setwarding, (I got kicked out for standing on seat with 6 others after we scored) and Boro I left for my own safety, albeit the Boro stewards asked me to leave but I never did anything wrong I was just a witness to the stewards abusing my freind, I complained and an executive at the club solved the issue with me and resolved it.

I have never broken the law, I have broken ground regulations, different in their own terms...

Nevertheless what I am exploiting is what gives off the effect of the chav? What makes someone a chav? Are you saying everyone that gets ejected (rightly or wrongly) is by your thinking a chav? So a chav is afootball fan that breaks ground regulations, So when you have ever stood up while the ball is in play do you think \"I am a chav\"

No, and why? Because we don't judge ourselves but everyone is quick to judge everyone else when you have no idea about them, all you know is that they have the same passion as you, Doncaster Rovers, and to hell with anyone who questions that.

I have no need to justify myself to you, I am a VSC member like many on here, had I more money I would be a ST holder like many on here, but my opinion counts for nothing because I was booted out a couple of games? so what? It doesn't make me a chav as much as the words \"senior\" give you any authority on here...

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 14, 2011, 10:11:49 am by Kenny_Senior »
So someone has called you a chav and then in your defence you tell us you stand on seats and break ground regulations. I can't think what gave anyone that opinion then.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 14, 2011, 10:15:11 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=161195
So someone has called you a chav and then in your defence you tell us you stand on seats and break ground regulations. I can't think what gave anyone that opinion then.

Yep, the conversation went like this:

\"Chav!\"

\"What? I'm not a chav, I only break seats and ground regulations\"

Your not worth anymore of my time...

I-was-there1976

« Reply #72 on June 14, 2011, 10:54:33 am by I-was-there1976 »
im appalled

i drink cider therefore i am now a chav

f**kety w**k knacker

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 14, 2011, 11:14:16 am by DonnyRTID »
Mr Croft,
Chav or not, you still make me sick, you proclaim to go to most away games yet plead the poverty of a student, I’m not attacking you for your choices though, everyone has the right to choose what to spend their money on, it’s more about the derogatory statements you come out with,

i.e:

\"Is it me or does JR sound extremely desperate in that statement on the OS? Mind you, I suppose i'd be begging if my football club was looking doubtful to get 4000 season ticket holders\"

\"I hope JR isn't implying no season ticket = no value of loyalty in his eyes, otherwise I'll go offer my support to Goole AFC, anyone know how much their season tickets are?\"

Now forgive me if I’m mistaken here but you do come across has someone who doesn’t give a toss about “OUR” club, or our chairman, if you did you certainly wouldn’t be making said comments. I also enjoy going to away games and yes sometimes it can make for a better atmosphere, BUT if money was tight my loyalty would always lay with the home fixtures.  If everyone was of the same attitude as you, we wouldn’t even have a club to support, would we!.

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 14, 2011, 12:01:48 pm by Maps »
I'm loving the argument by some of our great fans here that seems to be going \"How dare Rovers charge £27 a game? I can't afford that. In protest I'm only going to go to away matches, that are usually more expensive in the first place, before travel is taken into account\". Am I missing something here, because it seems to me you're not helping your club and you're not striking a blow against expensive ticket prices either? Would welcome an explanation of the logic behind this decision.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 14, 2011, 12:06:02 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"Maps\" post=161206
I'm loving the argument by some of our great fans here that seems to be going \"How dare Rovers charge £27 a game? I can't afford that. In protest I'm only going to go to away matches, that are usually more expensive in the first place, before travel is taken into account\". Am I missing something here, because it seems to me you're not helping your club and you're not striking a blow against expensive ticket prices either? Would welcome an explanation of the logic behind this decision.

Hear hear, and I suspect you represent a lot of people who feel the same but don't always post n the threads.

Whatever you feel on the subject, join in the debate, that way the odd(in my view) childish remark will be drowned out by rational argument.

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 14, 2011, 12:07:10 pm by Maps »
Echoing DonnyRTID. Surely if your football budget is limited, and that's prefectly reasonable in these times, then - as a Doncaster Rovers fan - surely you spend every penny of it ensuring your team continues to prosper? No? If not why not? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re: Suggestion to Gartom
« Reply #77 on June 14, 2011, 12:38:57 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161058
No because people that can afford it cant be arsed! What people want is that remote control so they can sit on there arse all day!

:laugh:

Ive had a season ticket for the last four seasons - not anymore though.......I can afford it, but I take exception that I cant be arsed, to be honest Id rather spend the money saved on taking the kids on days out.

Football Clubs need to get real, accept that we are in tough economic times, and accept that some people prefer to do things other than watch a game of football, especially those who prefer to spend rare spare time with their kids who have no interest in football whatsoever.

Oh! and I probably watch less TV in a month than you do in a week as well. ;)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 14, 2011, 12:40:14 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Maps\" post=161206

Agree with your sentiments, there is no way any supporter who goes away should complain at the prices rovers charge. Has you say majority of the clubs even the newly promoted ones have prices higher than ours. So the supporters who go to away games and not home games have chosen to do that with their limited funds and cannot use the expense of home games to justify their decision. So they will support their team away from home but will not support their team monetary wise at home games.

Going to season tickets Brighton who have sold their capacity in season tickets of 15,000 and their average price is larger than ours. But they have a installment scheme were supporters can pay over 12 months, so if Rovers did that Cat A ST ticket for example would cost £40 a month.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 14, 2011, 12:48:03 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Pleased some of us can !!!

I am 90 mins a game is too much for the family to take!

Well lets hope the board dont think the same - I mean rather spend it on a plane
or something!

Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=161209
No because people that can afford it cant be arsed! What people want is that remote control so they can sit on there arse all day!

Ive had a season ticket for the last four seasons - not anymore though.......I can afford it, but I take exception that I cant be arsed, to be honest Id rather spend the money saved on taking the kids on days out.

Football Clubs need to get real, accept that we are in tough economic times, and accept that some people prefer to do things other than watch a game of football, especially those who prefer to spend rare spare time with their kids who have no interest in football whatsoever.

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 14, 2011, 01:45:51 pm by DonnyEl »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=161209

why not take them to the football ;)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 14, 2011, 01:51:50 pm by Mr1Croft »
Donny RTID

John Ryan does sound desperate, im not slating him here I'm stating the obvious and I feel for him, he has poured his heart and soul into this football club and the town isn't responding the way it should, he is within his right to be angry and he his still the hero or our football club.

That said I will not be called disloyal because I don't feel the need to buy a season ticket, but after reading the article through again, I don't think he is calling anyone unloyal for not purchasing a season ticket. So I apologise for any anger I may have caused

However if my comment have made you feel like vomiting then all I can do is agree to disagree with you, I stated my opinion, I won't apologise for the freedom of speech.

Maps

Read through my comments, I have not slated the new prices, I said there not that bad (£27 isn't, its a drop from the £28 last season, and taking into consideration we only had 6 CAT 1 games last season according to JR's statement on the OS).

I can afford £27 a match if I went to 2/3s of home games, but I can't afford a season ticket in one bulk price, I pick my games on a match by match basis, and if I had the choice of a home game and an away game, I'll go to both if I can, but I do prefer away games. Why do I do this? Because as a fan I am under no obligation to feed my money into the club, I choose it on the basis of what do I get out of it, which is a day out. I follow Rovers for my own personal entertainment. I find away games much more enjoyable than home games, its that simple.

Should I be paying more money into the club? Of course I should, I agree with you 100%. The less season ticket sales, the more the club is to be pressured to sell big names to make ends meets, which means ST holders like you who pay up every season will see your money wasted. However I am just one person in this world, I respect your opinion and where you are coming from, and I hope you respect mine. I have a choice in where my money goes, I don't have to go watch Rovers full stop. But I do, okay im not pouring money into the club, but im there where it matters to me most; in the stands miles away from Donny showing my support.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 14, 2011, 03:09:32 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=161219
Donny RTID

John Ryan does sound desperate, im not slating him here I'm stating the obvious and I feel for him, he has poured his heart and soul into this football club and the town isn't responding the way it should, he is within his right to be angry and he his still the hero or our football club.

That said I will not be called disloyal because I don't feel the need to buy a season ticket, but after reading the article through again, I don't think he is calling anyone unloyal for not purchasing a season ticket. So I apologise for any anger I may have caused

However if my comment have made you feel like vomiting then all I can do is agree to disagree with you, I stated my opinion, I won't apologise for the freedom of speech.

Maps

Read through my comments, I have not slated the new prices, I said there not that bad (£27 isn't, its a drop from the £28 last season, and taking into consideration we only had 6 CAT 1 games last season according to JR's statement on the OS).

I can afford £27 a match if I went to 2/3s of home games, but I can't afford a season ticket in one bulk price, I pick my games on a match by match basis, and if I had the choice of a home game and an away game, I'll go to both if I can, but I do prefer away games. Why do I do this? Because as a fan I am under no obligation to feed my money into the club, I choose it on the basis of what do I get out of it, which is a day out. I follow Rovers for my own personal entertainment. I find away games much more enjoyable than home games, its that simple.

Should I be paying more money into the club? Of course I should, I agree with you 100%. The less season ticket sales, the more the club is to be pressured to sell big names to make ends meets, which means ST holders like you who pay up every season will see your money wasted. However I am just one person in this world, I respect your opinion and where you are coming from, and I hope you respect mine. I have a choice in where my money goes, I don't have to go watch Rovers full stop. But I do, okay im not pouring money into the club, but im there where it matters to me most; in the stands miles away from Donny showing my support.
[/b]

I think at the moment the \"support where it matters\" is at home. True, some away matches are a nice day out, but the drinks/food/parking go into the away club's pocket (I'm not sure how the ticketing works, but I'm guessing some or all of the ticket price too goes into the home clubs coffers too?). I would say that at the moment the totally rubbish ST sales would be worrying the hell out of me if I were JR. Yes the board are very, very rich men (JR, DW and TB are all in the top 100 richest men in English football according to the Times rich list, I think TB is 26th or something...massive money!!!!) but a football club is supposed to be a business funded by income from the fans, not propped up by the generosity of it's directors. With the stupidly greedy wage demands of our pampered \"stars\" putting even greater strain on the budgets of clubs I'm guessing that this current time, in JR's own speak, is less \"Mouthwatering\" and more \"Eyewatering\"!

The bottom line is that the arse is dropping out of football and contrary to popular belief it's the championship clubs who are doing all the spending above their means, not the premiership clubs! I don't know how much longer our own board will want to keep putting their money into a flagging ship? Some people are moaning/complaining about the prices of tickets to watch Rovers, but there can't be a ticket out there for general sale at the price that JR, DW, TB pay!!! Without them and their handouts this club is, at best, a League one outfit.

In my eyes the best thing to happen is for the FA to introduce a \"Fair play\" system along the lines of UEFA's but to the Championship. then we'll see a huge downturn in players wage demands, because ultimately its the players greed which is ruining football.

My thinking is, pay what you can afford if you want to, and make even more sure now that it's Rovers who are getting the cash, not some third party for something totally erroneous. It's going to be a rough ride.

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 14, 2011, 03:21:49 pm by Maps »
as a fan I am under no obligation to feed my money into the club, I choose it on the basis of what do I get out of it, which is a day out. I follow Rovers for my own personal entertainment. I find away games much more enjoyable than home games, its that simple.

I can understand what you say about away days being more enjoyable - although last season our away record spoiled my enjoyment considerably - and thanks for a reasoned response. However surely when you take into account travel, etc, then 3 away games is (financially) equal to 5 home games. So more home games = more times watching your team play? You may be where it matters to you the most, but I find it difficult to understand why a Rovers fan prefers to support our rivals, especially when you fully understand the possible consequences to YOUR club. With respect, it seems to be quite short sighted and selfish. The logical conclusion to everyone agreeing with you, of course, is we have no club for you to support away from home. I hope you reconsider your stance, but at the very least I hope you're not on here complaining when we have to sell players or are in another relegation battle.

As far as the pricing structure goes, however, I'd love to see more details from the club or others around price. Would it make a difference if the price were £25, for example? Would we get the extra people we needed in or would the price need to be lower to make that kind of impact? For example £20? Then, what about away supporters and Season Ticket prices? Would it be better to charge £30? Is there a psychological barrier at any level? I think we could be much smarter at pricing and would love to see someone provide some real research or evidence as opposed to just the anecdotal stuff we seem to get. I feel that approaching off the field activities as cleverly as we do on the pitch could be the key to us prospering at this level. Thoughts anyone?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 14, 2011, 04:01:28 pm by benaldo »
Read this if you have the time. It shows you how dangerously a lot of clubs are living in our own league!!! It's criminal really.

Football is going down the toilet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2011/06/football_league_agm.html#291907

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 14, 2011, 06:10:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Question for all.

Had Rovers have frozen prices for last season and the coming season, introduced the instalment option a season earlier, and maintained fixed match day pricing, do you think sales and revenue would have been better ?

Once the recession kicked in it was always going to be about damage limitation to try and maintain our customer base. It is unrealistic to think we could have maintained 8000 ST holders.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 14, 2011, 07:14:38 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=161153
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=161147

Either way not ideal?

Possibly, however I don't know what my personal situation will be when the season kicks off, which is the main reason I haven't bought one.
None of us do Frosty but surely the installment option with a refund if you couldn't pay in full would have been the intelligent solution. Ah that explains why you didn't use this system..........silly me. :headbang:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 14, 2011, 08:17:32 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Maps\" post=161228
as a fan I am under no obligation to feed my money into the club, I choose it on the basis of what do I get out of it, which is a day out. I follow Rovers for my own personal entertainment. I find away games much more enjoyable than home games, its that simple.

I can understand what you say about away days being more enjoyable - although last season our away record spoiled my enjoyment considerably - and thanks for a reasoned response. However surely when you take into account travel, etc, then 3 away games is (financially) equal to 5 home games. So more home games = more times watching your team play? You may be where it matters to you the most, but I find it difficult to understand why a Rovers fan prefers to support our rivals, especially when you fully understand the possible consequences to YOUR club. With respect, it seems to be quite short sighted and selfish. The logical conclusion to everyone agreeing with you, of course, is we have no club for you to support away from home. I hope you reconsider your stance, but at the very least I hope you're not on here complaining when we have to sell players or are in another relegation battle.

As far as the pricing structure goes, however, I'd love to see more details from the club or others around price. Would it make a difference if the price were £25, for example? Would we get the extra people we needed in or would the price need to be lower to make that kind of impact? For example £20? Then, what about away supporters and Season Ticket prices? Would it be better to charge £30? Is there a psychological barrier at any level? I think we could be much smarter at pricing and would love to see someone provide some real research or evidence as opposed to just the anecdotal stuff we seem to get. I feel that approaching off the field activities as cleverly as we do on the pitch could be the key to us prospering at this level. Thoughts anyone?

Firstly you are more than welcome for the response, I don't feel the need to use abuse like other when people don't see eye to eye, afterall we are both supporters of the same club. Aslo I'd like to thank you for your feedback.

I am in no position to buy a season ticket, not at least untill October, so a half season ticket will be a possibility. I understand what your saying in terms of how much money I am really blowing away so I will put that into perspective:

1)I travel by coach to most games, so my travel costs are given to the Doncaster Rovers supporters club, I did travel to most games on the coach ran by the late Harry Bacon, you may have seen the flag we still bear at away games, for sentimental reasons one of us amongst our 'clan' makes sure we make every away game to tie up the flag.

2) Because i am a student, the price is considerably low at some away games, especially since the introduction of 16-21 Yr old tickets last season, albeit some are considerably high (Elland Road and Pride Park).

3) If I did prefer home games to away games, the problem still stands with the low figure of season ticket sales. The club need the cash reserves now, not after the full season. I won't be making all the games and my ticket will cost me £20 for a CAT 1 game, as stated there had only been 6 of these last season. I'm guessing the lower price will be £18, therefore if there is 6 cat one game, I would have to miss less than 10 games to not lose money on my season ticket (something which I don't mind tbh) but spending half of my time between here and Hull, it can prove quite difficult.

I agree with your second paragraph, on the VSC strategy thread many want the VSC to overtake the marketing stratergies of the club, because currently something isn't working.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 14, 2011, 09:12:04 pm by benaldo »
Bloody students.......

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 14, 2011, 09:14:59 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=161310
Bloody students.......

Aye, were pains beyond imagination. The high street shop's still wish they never offered a discount to an NUS card holder.

Great times in USC...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012