Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:17:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £15 tickets for Bristol game  (Read 6091 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
£15 tickets for Bristol game
« on August 24, 2011, 04:12:36 pm by Filo »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: £15 tickets for Bristol game
« Reply #1 on August 24, 2011, 04:16:32 pm by mushRTID »
Here we go

:lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 24, 2011, 04:19:44 pm by Filo »
I know, tin hats on eh? :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 24, 2011, 04:44:54 pm by MrFrost »
Shit. I'm working. I don't believe it. You know I'm always up for a cheap ticket!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 24, 2011, 04:45:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
You can predict it already can't you.

Why do I bother with a season ticket then?
Why doesn't JR give me a refund on my season ticket?
Why do I have to queue up at the ticket office?
Why can't we have cash on turnstiles?
What was Sam Oji doing on the pitch against Arsenal?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 24, 2011, 04:45:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=179136
£15 tickets for Bristol game

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 24, 2011, 05:12:39 pm by 5minstogo »
Would be for one I've got a freebie for! ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 24, 2011, 05:13:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shrewd and exactly what DRFC should have been doing 10 years ago.

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 24, 2011, 05:17:38 pm by northerncasual »
schools gave kids free tickets for this game as reward for attendance.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 24, 2011, 05:39:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
About time, but why leave it so late. Better late than never.

Spread the word

In order to qualify for one of the £15 tickets, all you need to do is join our e-mail subscriptions by sending your name and date of birth and the words £15 tickets to marketing@doncasterroversfc.co.uk

Once we receive your e-mail we'll send you an e-mail back in the form of a voucher, simply take this voucher into the ticket office to claim your £15 adult or concession ticket.That's a saving of over 40%.

This offer will close at 12pm on Friday. E-vouchers will be sent with 24 hours of your e-mail to the club.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 24, 2011, 06:25:04 pm by andysly »
Needed doing for this game. And don't forget this is also a sun token game £19.50 for 2 adult tickets.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 24, 2011, 06:49:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Do we have any 'Techies' who can get this offer on twitter and Facebook if it isn't already.

Cheers

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 24, 2011, 06:55:56 pm by dknward2 »
Was someone doing an excel spread sheet with all the prices on so far to see the difference just wondered how this was going I sure you will be quids in by the end of the season

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 24, 2011, 07:04:47 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Yes £15 per game as per my ST so no problem with this so doubters SHUT THE f**k UP!

Quote from: \"dknward2\" post=179191
Was someone doing an excel spread sheet with all the prices on so far to see the difference just wondered how this was going I sure you will be quids in by the end of the season

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 24, 2011, 07:10:50 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=179195
Yes £15 per game as per my ST so no problem with this so doubters SHUT THE f**k UP!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Unfortunately we are still going to get the numpties on this subject. Many won't be content until it's FOC, the club picks them up in a limo, provides free food and ale for the day etc etc........YAWN.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 24, 2011, 07:11:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=179142
Shit. I'm working. I don't believe it. You know I'm always up for a [strike]cheap[/strike] ticket!

Wrong spelling Frostie, it's spelled F R E E!

VikingJames

« Reply #16 on August 24, 2011, 07:30:28 pm by VikingJames »
The cost of my season ticket works out at £5.20 a game, so I'm not going to make a fuss over the value of my ST.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 24, 2011, 08:08:46 pm by Superspy »

there was, and it was me :) Added the offer to the list this afternoon :) I'm also keeping one of all the yorkshire and surrounding area clubs head to heads if anybody is interested in that?

so far, based on the pricing of the first 5 games, tickets can be had at £27 x 3 games, £15 x 1 game and £19.50 for 2 tickets x 1 game, so assuming you had a mate to go halves for the palace game, you'd be looking at £105.75 up to present.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 24, 2011, 08:11:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=179203
The cost of my season ticket works out at £5.20 a game, so I'm not going to make a fuss over the value of my ST.

:aok:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 24, 2011, 08:28:34 pm by benaldo »
\"Bloody club\" What's the point of buying a season ticket!!?  etc etc.

Come on, you know you want to....

I noticed \"The diamond\" wasn't too impressed with th empty seats last night - he was moaning about it to someone near my seat last night. Kind of ironic, seeing as he's kind of in charge of whipping up public interest in coming to the spectacle that is a Rovers home game.....

As I watched him it occured to me that I've miss-named him as \"the diamond\", he's more like \"the drizzle\". It is in fact possible to be greyer and less charismatic than wet newspaper.

VikingJames

« Reply #20 on August 24, 2011, 08:31:01 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=179230
\"Bloody club\" What's the point of buying a season ticket!!?  etc etc.

Come on, you know you want to....

I noticed \"The diamond\" wasn't too impressed with th empty seats last night - he was moaning about it to someone near my seat last night. Kind of ironic, seeing as he's kind of in charge of whipping up public interest in coming to the spectacle that is a Rovers home game.....

As I watched him it occured to me that I've miss-named him as \"the diamond\", he's more like \"the drizzle\". It is in fact possible to be greyer and less charismatic than wet newspaper.

Funny that, if true. Didn't Diamond Dave say last year that he'd rather see the ground half full of people who had paid £28 to get in, than full of people who had paid £15 or similar? What a tool.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 24, 2011, 08:52:45 pm by i_ateallthepies »
He did indeed say that, or something close enough, I was there.  His logic is fair enough if you limit the scope of your calculations simply to the here and now, but every bit as important as maximising this week's income is building a fan base for the future, and Diamond Dave's approach seems entirely to disregard that.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 24, 2011, 09:10:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=179223

there was, and it was me :) Added the offer to the list this afternoon :) I'm also keeping one of all the yorkshire and surrounding area clubs head to heads if anybody is interested in that?

so far, based on the pricing of the first 5 games, tickets can be had at £27 x 3 games, £15 x 1 game and £19.50 for 2 tickets x 1 game, so assuming you had a mate to go halves for the palace game, you'd be looking at £105.75 up to present.

Which based on the ST in the South stand as an example works out like this....

All prices obtained at the cheapest possible.

Matchday South: £105.75
Season Ticket Cat C: £44.35
Season Ticket Cat B: £52.17
Season Ticket Cat A: £60

For further comparison:
Season Ticket Cat B (Expensive): £57.39
Season Ticket Cat A (Expensive): £65.22

Case closed your honour.  2 conclusions there.

1. A season ticket no matter what the cost of it this year is much cheaper than a match by match purchase.

2. Matchday pricing for those who don't want a season ticket is too high.

Further messages - multi game tickets offer a further big discount on matchday prices.

This also hasn't taken into account £3 off the Tranmere ticket and the 10% club shop discount.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 24, 2011, 09:52:15 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
:laugh: Another outstanding posting!

Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=179198
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=179195

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Unfortunately we are still going to get the numpties on this subject. Many won't be content until it's FOC, the club picks them up in a limo, provides free food and ale for the day etc etc........YAWN.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 24, 2011, 10:06:37 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=179246

Matchday South: £105.75
Season Ticket Cat C: £44.35
Season Ticket Cat B: £52.17
Season Ticket Cat A: £60

For further comparison:
Season Ticket Cat B (Expensive): £57.39
Season Ticket Cat A (Expensive): £65.22

I'm confused about your calculations BFYP, are you trying to say that the season ticket prices are what those same tickets would have cost relatively? If so I'm even more confused.

A cat C season ticket, ie, a season ticket purchased for the south stand before the 25th of March would have been £340, working out at £14.78 per game, or £73.90 for the 5 matches. Where did you pull £44.35 from?

Basically, if a season ticket was bought at category A pricing, at the most expensive time (meaning now) for £500, that equates to £21.74 per match or £108.70 for the 5. Marginally over the running total so far, but obviously that doesn't take into account added fuel costs and/or charges for using a card for each game etc. Don't get me wrong, you are right that a season ticket is the most financially efficient option, I'm just baffled by your numbers.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 24, 2011, 10:47:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just as our own John Buckley commented before the game on Tuesday, the fluctuation in prices gets right up peoples noses.

A simple flat pricing structure was the way forward, is the way forward. It's consistent and you are less likely to get the peaks and troughs in attendances. Moreover, it provides a clear comparison to help you work out the savings on a season ticket. Thus it should be apparrant that it is a no brainer to purchase a season ticket.

Rovers have gone the same way as the utility companies, who the f*ck can work out what you are saving?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 25, 2011, 06:01:35 am by eastender »
BFYP your calculations are misleading as they are not based on equal amount of games.

Matchday South: £105.75 = 5 games
Season Ticket Cat C: £44.35 = 3 games
Season Ticket Cat B: £52.17 = 3 games
Season Ticket Cat A: £60  = 3 games

Regarding the Bristol game , i wonder what the 700 or so people who have already purchased a ticket at the full price will have to say about the offer.:ohmy:

I can't see them being very happy unless there given a refund.:dry:

I-was-there1976

« Reply #27 on August 25, 2011, 06:56:06 am by I-was-there1976 »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=179266
Just as our own John Buckley commented before the game on Tuesday, the fluctuation in prices gets right up peoples noses.

A simple flat pricing structure was the way forward, is the way forward. It's consistent and you are less likely to get the peaks and troughs in attendances. Moreover, it provides a clear comparison to help you work out the savings on a season ticket. Thus it should be apparrant that it is a no brainer to purchase a season ticket.

Rovers have gone the same way as the utility companies, who the f*ck can work out what you are saving?

its about time the club brought in another category

Weather Cat

If its sunny on a matchday they charge the full price
If its drizzling(that stuff that soaks you) you get a 35.5% discount
If its just cloudy you get 2.8% discount
If its on Fish Friday everyone who attends gets a free fish finger

Simples

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 25, 2011, 07:23:07 am by Maps »
I am a Season Ticket holder. My gripe is not the reduction, but that they waited so long to announce it. The game's in a little over 48 hours! Surely this should have been done as soon as the Leeds game was drawn. They knew then that we'd be playing 5 home games in 2 and a half weeks. If people had known this earlier the crowd against Leeds may have been better as it takes the cost of 2 games in a week down to £35 from £47!

Whilst this is a moan, it's really just frustration wishing we'd think things through a little better!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 25, 2011, 07:51:16 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Maps\" post=179278
I am a Season Ticket holder. My gripe is not the reduction, but that they waited so long to announce it. The game's in a little over 48 hours! Surely this should have been done as soon as the Leeds game was drawn. They knew then that we'd be playing 5 home games in 2 and a half weeks. If people had known this earlier the crowd against Leeds may have been better as it takes the cost of 2 games in a week down to £35 from £47!

Whilst this is a moan, it's really just frustration wishing we'd think things through a little better!

Agree 100% there Maps. It does smell a little of \"hold on lads, I've got an idea\" :headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012