Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:35:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £2 million  (Read 12202 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
£2 million
« on July 31, 2019, 04:04:04 pm by Copps is Magic »
Lets round it up to £2million for the Marquis transfer. How should we spend it?

Cover the annual shortfall.
Bring in 3/4 decent players, no transfer fee, just wages.
Large (for us) transfer fee for another strike.
Other?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: £2 million
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2019, 04:07:02 pm by IDM »
Given that GB said a week or so ago that funds were available for the manager to bring in players, the assumption is we already have a decent playing budget.

Therefore IMHO some of this money could be used  to sign a decent direct replacement, if that is what is needed to prise a decent player from his current club.?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2019, 04:13:58 pm by ChrisBx »
SM has already confirmed on here that this season's budget is bigger than last year's. Given the net reduction in playing staff, including the sale of Marquis, you would assume that we will have a decent amount to play with before the window closes.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2019, 04:14:37 pm by silent majority »
The money will be going into the playing budget. It's additional to what was already there.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2019, 04:14:45 pm by goalkick »
Thought we were already getting new players.has been said many times.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2019, 04:16:06 pm by Filo »
The money will be going into the playing budget. It's additional to what was already there.

Is this confirmation that the deal is almost done?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2019, 04:16:48 pm by IDM »
Thought we were already getting new players.has been said many times.

Yes and now we can get even more, assuming this sale happens..

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2019, 04:21:06 pm by Nudga »
Could get 6 up and coming players in at 250k and still have money to spare for the January transfer window.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2019, 04:23:45 pm by Copps is Magic »
Could get 6 up and coming players in at 250k and still have money to spare for the January transfer window.

250k a year yeah, but you'd want some longer than that.

Personally I'd go the dingles model. 3/4 young, talented players on longer contracts. They won't all pay off but one might.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2019, 04:24:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It opens up a whole new set of possibilities. More than we can even get our heads around.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2019, 04:26:24 pm by jamesrover17 »
I dont think we are going to get anywhere near a 25+ goal striker this close to the start of the season but 5 players who score 5 goals a season?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2019, 04:27:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Well I am happy to leave it to DM to bring in who HE thinks is a good fit for DRFC.
He will have several targets on his radar. That there is no doubt.
I just can’t believe all the panic that goes on just because the season starts in 4 days.  :facepalm:
It is a 46 game season and if all the jigsaw is not in place by Saturday then so be it.
It certainly will be by 31st August.  :woohoo:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2019, 04:28:07 pm by IDM »
I dont think we are going to get anywhere near a 25+ goal striker this close to the start of the season but 5 players who score 5 goals a season?

Marquis hadn’t scored at that rate before we signed him..

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2019, 04:28:34 pm by no eyed deer »
SM has already confirmed on here that this season's budget is bigger than last year's. Given the net reduction in playing staff, including the sale of Marquis, you would assume that we will have a decent amount to play with before the window closes.

If it SM then, Last year budget. This year BUDGET.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2019, 04:29:25 pm by IDM »

Have you been drinking.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2019, 04:29:56 pm by drfchound »
Well I am happy to leave it to DM to bring in who HE thinks is a good fit for DRFC.
I just can’t believe all the panic that goes on just because the season starts in 4 days.  :facepalm:
It is a 46 game season and if all the jigsaw is not in place by Saturday then so be it.

There are six games to play before the end of August.
My head is out of the sand mate and I don’t want us to be playing catch up.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2019, 04:30:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Very true and to be honest he should have been a 30+ a season striker given the amount of easy chances he missed and that he can’t take a penalty.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2019, 04:30:52 pm by RedJ »

I see words and punctuation but I see no sentences?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2019, 04:33:26 pm by the vicar »
They did also sat that if JM went then the money would be spent on players as in a replacement

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 31, 2019, 04:35:12 pm by the vicar »

Very true and to be honest he should have been a 30+ a season striker given the amount of easy chances he missed and that he can’t take a penalty.
in truth if he got them he missed he would be in the Premier league

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2019, 04:35:59 pm by no eyed deer »

Have you been drinking.?

No fishing !!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2019, 04:36:25 pm by GazLaz »
I like John and wish he would stay but this could look the worst £2m ever spent come the end of the season.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 31, 2019, 04:36:42 pm by Nudga »

Personally I'd go the dingles model. 3/4 young, talented players on longer contracts. They won't all pay off but one might.

I didn't say anything about length of contract. Just a round transfer fee figure

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 31, 2019, 04:36:59 pm by jamesrover17 »

Exactly that, I am just worried the fanbase will go into meltdown if we don't sign a Kieffer Moore/Lyle Taylor type player that bangs goals in for fun just because we are getting a decent fee

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 31, 2019, 04:37:24 pm by no eyed deer »

And caught two

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 31, 2019, 04:38:45 pm by Copps is Magic »

I didn't say anything about length of contract. Just a round transfer fee figure

Ok, misunderstood.

I will say though, when you get down to those sort of figures wages are far more important (relatively speaking) than a transfer fee. 250k is neither here or there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 31, 2019, 04:40:40 pm by RedJ »

And caught two

Ah so typing incoherently is seen as fishing these days?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 31, 2019, 04:43:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »

There are six games to play before the end of August.
My head is out of the sand mate and I don’t want us to be playing catch up.

None of us do nor does DM or the rest of the club but it appears it’s easier to believe we had to sell JM to fund any transfers and that the club doesn’t have any budget and nothing is happening behind the scenes and the club should have sold JM to a non existent Championship Club much sooner.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 31, 2019, 04:45:53 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I like John and wish he would stay but this could look the worst £2m ever spent come the end of the season.

in truth if he got them he missed he would be in the Premier league
Probably Vicar but the point is the team created those chances more the JM did on his own so there is every chance a new striker could achieve the same amount of goal return.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 31, 2019, 04:46:57 pm by no eyed deer »

And caught two

Ah so typing incoherently is seen as fishing these days?

Not sure what you mean?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012