Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:01:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £2 million  (Read 12203 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: £2 million
« Reply #30 on July 31, 2019, 04:48:15 pm by RedJ »
SM has already confirmed on here that this season's budget is bigger than last year's. Given the net reduction in playing staff, including the sale of Marquis, you would assume that we will have a decent amount to play with before the window closes.

If it SM then, Last year budget. This year BUDGET.

I see words and punctuation but I see no sentences?

And caught two

Ah so typing incoherently is seen as fishing these days?

Not sure what you mean?

Aye. neither was I.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 31, 2019, 04:48:32 pm by Jonathan »
I just hope we get some good news on incomings very soon. We really do need it.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 31, 2019, 04:49:06 pm by Al4475 »
Has it been confirmed he's gone yet?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 31, 2019, 04:50:08 pm by IDM »
SM has already confirmed on here that this season's budget is bigger than last year's. Given the net reduction in playing staff, including the sale of Marquis, you would assume that we will have a decent amount to play with before the window closes.

If it SM then, Last year budget. This year BUDGET.

I see words and punctuation but I see no sentences?

And caught two

Ah so typing incoherently is seen as fishing these days?

Not sure what you mean?

He means you’re being a pillock and distracting from the point of the thread..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 31, 2019, 04:52:05 pm by drfchound »
Well I am happy to leave it to DM to bring in who HE thinks is a good fit for DRFC.
He will have several targets on his radar. That there is no doubt.
I just can’t believe all the panic that goes on just because the season starts in 4 days.  :facepalm:
It is a 46 game season and if all the jigsaw is not in place by Saturday then so be it.
It certainly will be by 31st August.  :woohoo:

There are six games to play before the end of August.
My head is out of the sand mate and I don’t want us to be playing catch up.

None of us do nor does DM or the rest of the club but it appears it’s easier to believe we had to sell JM to fund any transfers and that the club doesn’t have any budget and nothing is happening behind the scenes and the club should have sold JM to a non existent Championship Club much sooner.

DVR, I am not one of the people who believes the stuff you have listed above.
However it can’t be argued that right now our first team squad is anything but depleted and that supporters have a right to be concerned about that.
There is no need for you to be condescending.
Of course there might be announcements made this week that players have been signed to bolster the squad for Saturday, but then again, there might not be.
Even with the money for JM in the bank and waiting to be spent there are no guarantees that players targeted by DM can be secured.
I will be more comfortable with our situation when I see some decent signings rather than suggestions of what is possibly going to happen.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 31, 2019, 04:52:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Has it been confirmed he's gone yet?

No. Rumoured to be tomorrow, if it happens.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 31, 2019, 04:54:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Well I am happy to leave it to DM to bring in who HE thinks is a good fit for DRFC.
I just can’t believe all the panic that goes on just because the season starts in 4 days.  :facepalm:
It is a 46 game season and if all the jigsaw is not in place by Saturday then so be it.

Neither do i hound. But I did say “all the jigsaw”
I would expect a minimum of 50% of the missing parts to be in place by Saturday

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 31, 2019, 04:54:40 pm by the vicar »
I like John and wish he would stay but this could look the worst £2m ever spent come the end of the season.
I dont think we are going to get anywhere near a 25+ goal striker this close to the start of the season but 5 players who score 5 goals a season?

Marquis hadn’t scored at that rate before we signed him..

Very true and to be honest he should have been a 30+ a season striker given the amount of easy chances he missed and that he can’t take a penalty.
in truth if he got them he missed he would be in the Premier league
Probably Vicar but the point is the team created those chances more the JM did on his own so there is every chance a new striker could achieve the same amount of goal return.
I agree with that in part,  but it's not just the goals but the work rate he put in

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 31, 2019, 04:55:26 pm by drfchound »

Neither do i hound. But I did say “all the jigsaw”
I would expect a minimum of 50% of the missing parts to be in place by Saturday

......and I will be more comfortable if that happens.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 31, 2019, 05:04:41 pm by IDM »
The latest on the DFP site says marquis told the club last week he wouldn’t sign an extended contract and wants to move down south..  it also said the club’s search for a replacement intensified after that point.  That implies they were already looking before.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 31, 2019, 05:13:16 pm by Filo »
The latest on the DFP site says marquis told the club last week he wouldn’t sign an extended contract and wants to move down south..  it also said the club’s search for a replacement intensified after that point.  That implies they were already looking before.

Which also points to DM talking bullshit on Monday whenhe said JM was very much in his plans

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 31, 2019, 05:15:00 pm by Bezza »
I like John and wish he would stay but this could look the worst £2m ever spent come the end of the season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 31, 2019, 05:15:48 pm by IDM »

Which also points to DM talking bullshit on Monday whenhe said JM was very much in his plans

No it doesn’t.. saying something in public whilst knowing things may change isn’t bull shit..

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 31, 2019, 05:16:35 pm by mushRTID »

What did you want him to say?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2019, 05:26:31 pm by pib »

Why do you always look for conspiracies where there are clearly none.

Circumstances change. Monday was two days ago and it sounds like a firm offer has only come in for JM today.

I’m as concerned as anyone about our current situation but looking to call people out constantly for statements they made in good faith at the time is childish.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2019, 05:28:08 pm by Filo »

Circumstances change. Monday was two days ago and it sounds like a firm offer has only come in for JM today.

I’m as concerned as anyone about our current situation but looking to call people out constantly for statements they made in good faith at the time is childish.

Excuse me, me look for conspiricies? I think you’ve got the wrong person

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 31, 2019, 05:34:10 pm by pib »

You did the same with McCann, saying the club were hiding something or covering it up.

Circumstances change quickly in football, and what’s true on Monday might not be true on Wednesday (or even Tuesday). It doesn’t mean anyone is spreading lies or bullshit.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 31, 2019, 05:34:17 pm by dickos1 »
He’s not even left yet and people are criticising him.
As a side we’ve always created chances but we’ve never had a striker who’s scored the amount of goals he has.

All strikers miss chances it’s ridiculous to suggest they don’t

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 31, 2019, 05:39:15 pm by Filo »

You did the same with McCann, saying the club were hiding something or covering it up.

Circumstances change quickly in football, and what’s true on Monday might not be true on Wednesday (or even Tuesday). It doesn’t mean anyone is spreading lies or bullshit.

There are similarity’s in both situations though, news from the club went into lockdown, nothing from the club or the Free Press guys until something was imminent, it doesn’t take a genius to work out on both occasions  things were already moving before they became public knowledge

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 31, 2019, 05:43:04 pm by pib »

There are similarity’s in both situations though, news from the club went into lockdown, nothing from the club or the Free Press guys until something was imminent, it doesn’t take a genius to work out on both occasions  things were already moving before they became public knowledge

As I asked when we were discussing the GM situation - Why would the club comment on speculation?

There was loads from the Free Press guys on the McCann thing and the JM situation is being reported and updated as things progress.

I just don’t believe that indicates in any way that representatives of our club are lying or “bullshitting” in public statements they make. If you want to believe otherwise then that’s your choice and I’ll leave you to it.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 31, 2019, 05:46:17 pm by DearneValleyRover »

I wasn’t being condescending

None of us do nor does DM or the rest of the club but it appears it’s easier to believe we had to sell JM to fund any transfers and that the club doesn’t have any budget and nothing is happening behind the scenes and the club should have sold JM to a non existent Championship Club much sooner.

DVR, I am not one of the people who believes the stuff you have listed above.
However it can’t be argued that right now our first team squad is anything but depleted and that supporters have a right to be concerned about that.
There is no need for you to be condescending.
Of course there might be announcements made this week that players have been signed to bolster the squad for Saturday, but then again, there might not be.
Even with the money for JM in the bank and waiting to be spent there are no guarantees that players targeted by DM can be secured.
I will be more comfortable with our situation when I see some decent signings rather than suggestions of what is possibly going to happen.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 31, 2019, 05:47:45 pm by DearneValleyRover »

On Monday he was in DM’s plans so it wasn’t bullshit

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 31, 2019, 05:49:13 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Filo, you know that sometimes it is just too soon to be open with the facts when to do so would just complicate matters needlessly.  To call that lying is a bit juvenile.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 31, 2019, 05:57:39 pm by Michael Shaw »
You'd think we won the lottery, but I see it as we have lost our star striker 3 days before our opening game. So far Darren has signed very little for such a big budget. When do to the wow-factor players start flooding in or do we have to continue being patient throughout the season?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 31, 2019, 05:58:40 pm by Jonathan »

Does this suggest you were talking bullshit when you accused people of getting the wrong person when implying you were looking for conspiracies?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 31, 2019, 06:03:22 pm by Filo »

Does this suggest you were talking bullshit when you accused people of getting the wrong person when implying you were looking for conspiracies?

Not at all, it was suggested I always looked for conspircies, he quoted one other instance, not exactly always is it?

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 31, 2019, 06:11:44 pm by mjg »
I have never seen a striker miss so many chances as John marquis, shhhh don’t tell portsmouth

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 31, 2019, 06:12:35 pm by Filo »
I have never seen a striker miss so many chances as John marquis, shhhh don’t tell portsmouth

Andy Williams?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 31, 2019, 06:14:49 pm by dickos1 »
Lots of his goals he’s made himself

As paul warne said the other day if donny sell marquis it’s almoat impossible to fond a striker to score 25 goals in league one

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 31, 2019, 06:15:36 pm by Jonathan »

Unfortunately I’ve never seen a striker score as many as John Marquis has in his three seasons here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012