Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:12:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £10 on Saturday  (Read 2039 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
£10 on Saturday
« on April 13, 2021, 10:51:12 pm by Draytonian III »
That’s what I’ll be paying to watch my team vs Shrewsbury, I won’t see it all unless it rains as local cricket season starts, but I SUPPORT Doncaster Rovers and it’s my small way of putting money into MY club. As I’ve posted recently some people on here should give their heads a shake, yes we’re all disappointed at the run of games in the last month or so, but would any of want to swap places with some of our old foes,York City, Stockport County,Grimsby Town,Hereford United,Halifax Town,Darlington, yeah I bet you would.
 Feel free to have a go at me, but do it with a clear mind after make valid points not knee jerk reactions

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: £10 on Saturday
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2021, 11:19:54 pm by eastender »
Rovers will only get your money once a certain amount of tickets are sold going on previous away attendances .
Just say Rovers normally take / Average 700 on a Saturday to Shrewsbury , then Rovers will only get the money on ticket sales over the 700 mark.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2021, 11:22:51 pm by Retdon1 »
My £10 will be staying in my wallet. Why should I bother when the players clearly don’t

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2021, 11:46:06 pm by BVB »
I’ll be paying and watching.
Been through the thick and thin, highs and lows of the last 40 years and thankfully, I never learn.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2021, 12:49:12 am by rich1471 »
I went to Shrewsbury last year and it was worse than what I have seen in the last 12 games so I will pay £10 as it cost me a £5 just to park last year

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2021, 01:19:44 am by godlike1 »
This I support my club threw thick and thin and if you don't your not a Real supporter pisses me off.

If the current owners were.running the club into the ground and showing a complete lack of any football knowledge  or credibility causing us to be a laughing stock in such a shit league this season would you still.support them.............oh hang on

Maybe I should put If the owners were caught burning the stand down would you still expect only loyal fans to support them. I guess you would.

I don't agree with the multiple ranting messages on here all moaning about the same thing in a different way but given how the club don't talk to us anymore I can sort of understand it

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2021, 05:41:08 am by Spud »
I went to Shrewsbury last year and it was worse than what I have seen in the last 12 games so I will pay £10 as it cost me a £5 just to park last year

Exactly this.
Me & my lad went too, first away day as a grown man for him. On the pitch we were terrible, didn't stop us having a good day or stop us going to MK Don's the next away day, that day was even better ;-)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2021, 06:21:25 am by swain_drfc »
Fair play to the OP but I will be saving my tenner this Saturday. I’ll be spending time with my family rather than use my money to watch a bunch of fannies stroll around some grass trying their best to not make it so obvious that they couldn’t give a flying f**k about how they are destroying the reputation of the club and embarrassing the fans.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2021, 06:55:11 am by sha66y »
Fools and their money are easily parted!

You aren’t paying a tenner to see a well earned victory, nor are you paying to see a team wholeheartedly putting in 110% for their club...
You are however paying a tenner because you can afford to...

Be honest, You are paying so that you can say... “ I’m a true fan”  .....” and you’re not!”
Well,  fare play and kudos to you!

Like someone mentioned in this thread....you are giving your hard earned money to the opposition first, and maybe a few quid to the Rovers coffers......

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2021, 07:08:55 am by GazLaz »
You’ve got to go through the bad times to make you appreciate the good times in football. If we go down the Shrewsbury and replicate the first half performance we could get a result.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2021, 07:28:36 am by normal rules »
My ten quid plus winnings from burton winning last night will be going on Shrewsbury.
I reckon if I keep doubling up fir the remaking games I’ll be able to pay for a season ticket next year.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2021, 08:25:58 am by Draytonian III »
Fools and their money are easily parted!

You aren’t paying a tenner to see a well earned victory, nor are you paying to see a team wholeheartedly putting in 110% for their club...
You are however paying a tenner because you can afford to...

Be honest, You are paying so that you can say... “ I’m a true fan”  .....” and you’re not!”
Well,  fare play and kudos to you!

Like someone mentioned in this thread....you are giving your hard earned money to the opposition first, and maybe a few quid to the Rovers coffers......

I’m paying my £10 because I want to watch my team play, and if I do that I can comment on their performance and if I don’t I won’t. Simple

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2021, 10:47:58 am by 5 on Tour »
Look at me spending my money. Aren’t I special? I’m going to spend and you aren’t. So I’m a true fan and you need to give your head a wobble...

During a global pandemic where people are struggling financially and losing work.

Maybe if you take your head out of your arse it should be you giving your “head a shake”. Clown.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2021, 10:59:25 am by Metalmicky »
Look at me spending my money. Aren’t I special? I’m going to spend and you aren’t. So I’m a true fan and you need to give your head a wobble...

During a global pandemic where people are struggling financially and losing work.

Maybe if you take your head out of your arse it should be you giving your “head a shake”. Clown.

You OK hun....?

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2021, 11:04:39 am by anton123 »
I do find it cringe worthy when fans feel the need to let everyone know that they are extra special fans and look at me ect , we are all fans that’s why we spend are spare time on here talking about rovers

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2021, 11:08:39 am by Jimmydee »

I also went to Shrewsbury last season, it was my last away game before the pandemic, yes it was a bloody awful game to witness and also bad refereeing.

However, I’m missing watching my team and I’m looking forward to going to the home and away games again, I guess it’s just a ‘blind faith’ thing, so it’s another tenner for me too.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2021, 11:30:21 am by selby »
  I will pay my £10 and know that whatever club it goes to needs it Shrewsbury are definitely  one of those who need funds and if any left over for the Rovers so much the better.
  I like to think I am a supporter of football in general, although I would not support a lot of clubs in the two top divisions and a couple in our division financially who have recently skanked their supporters and the other teams in our division, Shrewsbury however do not come into that category.
 Whether I bother to watch is another matter,as it clashes with a non league game I want to be at.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2021, 12:22:52 pm by 5 on Tour »

You OK hun....?

Yes Micky hun, you?

Unless you’re condoning the behaviour of this bunch claiming to be “true fans” then I genuinely couldn’t care less how you are.

Thanks for asking though.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2021, 03:13:23 pm by Draytonian III »
My original post was to show that I will watch them whatever their form ,never did suggest that I was better than anyone else. As for the comment about the pandemic etc, I lost my job just before the first ever case of Covid in this country and I was out of work for most of last year and the beginning of this.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2021, 06:22:02 pm by anton123 »
Still a look at me post bud !

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2021, 07:19:35 pm by Draytonian III »

If you want to believe that it’s up to you.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2021, 07:56:15 pm by Filo »

As is the OP, I don’t understand people wishing to announce their departure, just go, why all the fuss?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2021, 08:16:24 pm by southwestexile »
I’d happily swap places with our old foes of Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Cardiff

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 14, 2021, 09:56:10 pm by rich1471 »

Exactly this.
Me & my lad went too, first away day as a grown man for him. On the pitch we were terrible, didn't stop us having a good day or stop us going to MK Don's the next away day, that day waremembet s even better ;-)
remember drive by to Plymouth a few years ago after a night shift with my dad and brother in the car , we lost but had a great lads and dad weekend in Torquay , football is so much more to me than winning every week.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2021, 10:03:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’d happily swap places with our old foes of Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Cardiff

Less so Chester, Boston, Rushden and Scarborough.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 14, 2021, 10:23:44 pm by BVB »
“Be honest, You are paying so that you can say... “ I’m a true fan”  .....” and you’re not!”
Well,  fare play and kudos to you!”

Complete blx.
I’m just talking about myself and my irrational need to follow my club regardless and much against my better nature - especially during times when it would have been far easier not to bother like now -  all of which I took as the spirit of the OP.

Never mentioned anyone else, never mentioned or implied anything about “true fans”.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 14, 2021, 11:11:59 pm by Barmby Rover »
£10 pays for diesel and bait, which I shall use for about 6 hours of entertainment, instead of 90 minutes of frustration. The season is over for me, until we have a new manager, and I think the players have that attitude too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012