Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:27:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £2 for Will Grigg  (Read 4287 times)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
£2 for Will Grigg
« on August 30, 2021, 06:24:42 pm by South East Rover »
I would commit £2 a week to sign Will Grigg if 1500 other supporters also committed £2 that would rise £3,000 a week to pay his wages, who's up for it?.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:24:19 pm by South East Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: £2 fore Will Grigg
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2021, 06:38:30 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The hope alone will stick another 1000 more on the next home gate v not signing anyone. There's the first month sorted alone.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2021, 06:48:48 pm by roversdude »
I’d chip in not sure how it would go with FFP though

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2021, 07:21:48 pm by PDX_Rover »
Surfing on sine waves

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 30, 2021, 07:38:37 pm by since-1969 »
I would commit £2 a week to sign Will Grigg if 1500 other supporters also committed £2 that would rise £3,000 a week to pay his wages, who's up for it?.
How should our board commit ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 30, 2021, 07:44:25 pm by roversdude »
They’ve committed plenty why do you have to turn every post into a dig at the board - let it go ffs

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 30, 2021, 07:52:48 pm by mpc123 »
I'll commit too.

Can we do it, is it possible and how?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 30, 2021, 08:38:12 pm by idler »
I'd chip in.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 30, 2021, 08:50:44 pm by since-1969 »
They’ve committed plenty why do you have to turn every post into a dig at the board - let it go ffs
I’m just saying … they may have a sofa with a couple of quid down the back of ! 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:09:09 pm by since-1969 »

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: £2 for Will Grigg
« Reply #9 on August 30, 2021, 09:36:32 pm by DRNaith »
Out of interest, is it understood that even if he's injured, out of form, or banned for spitting at fans, you'd still be expected to pay your two quid per week?

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 30, 2021, 10:05:02 pm by CantleyRed »
Well looking at the Sunderland forum they wouldn't pay him in bottle tops. Ridiculous idea. Let's hope it's just a loan so we can get shut as soon as it goes wrong.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #11 on August 30, 2021, 10:22:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Well looking at the Sunderland forum they wouldn't pay him in bottle tops. Ridiculous idea. Let's hope it's just a loan so we can get shut as soon as it goes wrong.
Happy to take the word of a few Mackhams?
More than RW. ?

Sunderland under Ross and Parkinson, not sure if both were his managers but they were very direct in style of play.  When they did play him they were launching the ball at him thinking he was Wyke. Well he is not Wyke.

Johnson hardly ever started him. On the bench then out on loan at MK Dons.
So the opinion of a few Sunderland supporters is worth more than RWs opinion is it?

The way we play football will suite Grigg down to the ground imo.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:29:21 pm by Campsall rover »

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 30, 2021, 10:28:30 pm by South East Rover »

We'll put you on the maybe list then.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 30, 2021, 10:31:35 pm by CantleyRed »

There is no list and I think you are well aware of that!

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 30, 2021, 10:37:10 pm by CantleyRed »
Happy to take the word of a few Mackhams?
More than RW. ?

Sunderland under Ross and Parkinson, not sure if both were his managers but they were very direct in style of play.  When they did play him they were launching the ball at him thinking he was Wyke. Well he is not Wyke.

Johnson hardly ever started him. On the bench then out on loan at MK Dons.
So the opinion of a few Sunderland supporters is worth more than RWs opinion is it?

The way we play football will suite Grigg down to the ground imo.
A few Sunderland supporters? More like a few hundred! I think we were all happy to ignore the Charlton fans view of Bogle, but to fall for the same thing twice? Surely not!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 30, 2021, 10:54:47 pm by JonWallsend »
I work with a number of Sunderland fans who think Grigg is OK, not brilliant but far from useless, (his loan spell at MK would support that) and that he was never really going to get a chance as he was a owners vanity signing and not what the manager, Ross, wanted.
A deal has to make financial sense, admittedly, but he has to be better than what we have.
I've lived up here for just shy of 30 years and Mackems rival Wednesday fans in their delusions of grandeur and who should and shouldn't be representing the club.
'We all love Wyke.. , now he's gone,...' He was never any good.'
' Best thing Ross has ever done is freezing  McGeady out, he's a dreadful influence on the dressing room and should never play for the club again'.... Uproar as he is mysteriously picked again by Johnson. He starts performing and is 'once more the best player in the league'
You only need to reflect on the views of our fanbase on the likes of Friend to know never trust the forums

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 30, 2021, 11:00:35 pm by normal rules »
The thread makes interesting reading. He is clearly not popular with the locals up there. I’ve looked for reasons and some say he is just too old, others saying his commitment is not there as he lives inWigan and commutes most of the time for training And games which affects his mindset. His heart just not being in Sunderland for anything other than the huge pay packet. He won’t be getting that at rovers if he comes, so his heady days of big pay days may be coming to an end.another factor which may affect his commitment? One last move before retirement perhaps?

I have a niggling concern that this signing is a fan pleaser on paper. Yes, we need a striker, but does it have to be someone towards the end of their playing career? This could go very wrong for RW if he signs Griggs and he is a flop. The rovers faithful would turn on the player and perhaps the manager very very quickly if it turned out to be a damp squib.
I hope my concerns are Ill founded.

Meanwhile, Safc are about to sign a 19 yr old from Arsenal . Should Alebiosu sign on loan before the transfer deadline, he would become their’ sixth signing from a Premier League club this summer. He would follow Callum Doyle from Manchester City, Frederick Alves from West Ham United and Nathan Broadhead from Everton who have joined on loan. Full-backs Dennis Cirkin and Niall Huggins joined on permanent deals from Tottenham Hotspur and Leeds United respectively.
I know their budget is way above anything we can dream of, but it does just show the disparity in this league.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 30, 2021, 11:02:38 pm by normal rules »
And of course, if he does sign on loan, he won’t play against his former club.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 30, 2021, 11:03:14 pm by South East Rover »

4 out of 9 that replyed said they would commit £2, that's almost 50% looks like the start of a list to me.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 30, 2021, 11:09:27 pm by CantleyRed »

4 out of 9 that replyed said they would commit £2, that's almost 50% looks like the start of a list to me.
Go on then. Put me down for £2 a week. I don't want to be the one that prevents it.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 30, 2021, 11:10:13 pm by rtid88 »
Do you think after 3 or 4 games of WG not scoring and I'm not suggesting he won't but would the same people be willing to pay their £2 a week at that stage?!?!

Plus legally, this clearly would not be an option anyway....

Plus is WG even the person we're after?

Plus would the current fickle fans start to support their home town club and Wellens anymore if WG signed??

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 30, 2021, 11:10:58 pm by Campsall rover »
The thread makes interesting reading. He is clearly not popular with the locals up there. I’ve looked for reasons and some say he is just too old, others saying his commitment is not there as he lives inWigan and commutes most of the time for training And games which affects his mindset. His heart just not being in Sunderland for anything other than the huge pay packet. He won’t be getting that at rovers if he comes, so his heady days of big pay days may be coming to an end.another factor which may affect his commitment? One last move before retirement perhaps?

I have a niggling concern that this signing is a fan pleaser on paper. Yes, we need a striker, but does it have to be someone towards the end of their playing career? This could go very wrong for RW if he signs Griggs and he is a flop. The rovers faithful would turn on the player and perhaps the manager very very quickly if it turned out to be a damp squib.

Meanwhile, Safc are about to sign a 19 yr old from Arsenal . Should Alebiosu sign on loan before the transfer deadline, he would become their’ sixth signing from a Premier League club this summer. He would follow Callum Doyle from Manchester City, Frederick Alves from West Ham United and Nathan Broadhead from Everton who have joined on loan. Full-backs Dennis Cirkin and Niall Huggins joined on permanent deals from Tottenham Hotspur and Leeds United respectively.
I know their budget is way above anything we can dream of, but it does just show the disparity in this league.
He is only 30. Could have another 5 years at this level. Did we think Copps was old when he was 30
in 2011/12 do not think so.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 30, 2021, 11:18:31 pm by South East Rover »
Do you think after 3 or 4 games of WG not scoring and I'm not suggesting he won't but would the same people be willing to pay their £2 a week at that stage?!?!

Plus would the current fickle fans start to support their home town club and Wellens anymore if WG signed??

Would you say your a pessimist?.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 30, 2021, 11:19:20 pm by CantleyRed »

He is only 30. Could have another 5 years at this level. Did we think Copps was old when he was 30
in 2011/12 do not think so.
Go on then Campsall, you've convinced me. Just let me know where I need to send my £2 and let's give the lad a chance.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 30, 2021, 11:23:03 pm by CantleyRed »

As I said to Campsall, I am happy to admit defeat and give this a go. Shall I set up a standing order or will you be coming round the pitch with a blanket for me to throw my money into?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 30, 2021, 11:24:23 pm by BobG »
I'll do a two-er.

BobG

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 30, 2021, 11:25:51 pm by CantleyRed »
I'll do a two-er.

BobG
Well played Bob. I'm happy to eat humble pie and admit this is taking off now.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 30, 2021, 11:29:10 pm by normal rules »
Wikipedia has him as current club Doncaster rovers as of now. (On loan)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 30, 2021, 11:29:15 pm by BobG »
:):):)

Bob

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 30, 2021, 11:31:57 pm by CantleyRed »
We have done it then. Well done everyone. I'm still happy to pay though now you have all convinced me he is just what we want.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012