Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:53:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Bury game  (Read 2928 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Lets talk about the Bury game
« on February 26, 2018, 08:44:48 pm by selby »
  Another important game in our quest to stay out of the relegation dog fight, against a team we could do with beating if only to keep comfortably behind us on points.
   They are a team who seemed to sign a lot of good players in preseason, and have only lately knitted together to find some welcome form in the league, and although still deep in the mire, have certainly not given up on survival, and are having a right go at staying up, and at 9th in the current 1st division form league are way above us, so not as easy a fixture as a glimpse at the proper league table would suggest.
  The injuries we sustained in the disappointing end to the game at Rotherham will mean some unwelcome changes, the two players injured just beginning to make an impression in our first team.
   So much to discuss,
   What will be our line up?
    Can we backup our last home game with another home victory?
    Will Bury throw caution to the wind and go for a much needed win, or be cautious and try and nick it?
    Will the Rotherham experience affect our approach?
    Can we expect McCollough to be back from injury or is it more serious again?
    Please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Bury game
« Reply #1 on February 26, 2018, 09:38:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
Have won once all season away from home in the league (1-2 vs Oxford United) and with Rochdale having four games in hand on them, you would imagine that Bury are realistically rock-bottom of League One.

We really want to be beating these.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2018, 10:02:12 am by selby »
  Well the speculation that the game could be cancelled has begun, and most of the country is in turmoil with bread disappearing from the shop shelves.
  And it is only Tuesday morning. The only matter of interest to me is, would it be to our advantage, with injured players being given more time to recover, or could it be a disadvantage with Bury continuing their better form and being even more confident when we were to play them.
  Of  course the complete opposite could occur, with us having even more injuries, and Bury losing the intervening games and more or less giving up the ghost.
   All guess work, I would rather get on with it and play the game this weekend whatever.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2018, 10:19:49 am by Donnywolf »
Yep its in the lap of the Gods weather wise but after Saturday we NEED to play and win asap !

I hope its on and we do just that

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2018, 11:10:22 am by eastender »
Have won once all season away from home in the league (1-2 vs Oxford United) and with Rochdale having four games in hand on them, you would imagine that Bury are realistically rock-bottom of League One.

We really want to be beating these.

Bristol Rovers had only won 1 away league all season game until They came to the Keepmoat and did us 3-1.
I know we lost our only CB , but that's football .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2018, 12:48:20 pm by selby »
  I cannot get away from the feeling that it depends on how many games McCollough plays between now and the end of the season, will determine how well we do in that period.
   He is our class act in midfield, and with Houghton could make us very solid in that area, and be a platform for Coppinger and Rowe to be expansive in their forward play.
   That's what we have to be for the rest of the season, a solid hard to beat unit, and collect the points that are needed, and build a base for next season.
   Up to press this season, It would be fair to say that I hoped we would finish in mid table, and out of the relegation fight. I never thought we were any better than that, but we were good enough to compete.
  Midtable would show improvement to me, and now is the time for Fergie to show his and the teams metal, and secure a good finish to the season.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2018, 01:55:16 pm by bobbymax »
Apparently these are Saturday's odds.
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/rovers-16-5-to-beat-bury/
If they are going to publish pieces like this, they could at least check they've got the facts right. 16/5 to beat the bottom of the table at home - you're having a laugh!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2018, 02:05:10 pm by IDM »
Bottom of the table they may be, but they are also in decent form..

Plymouth were in the bottom places not so long ago - look where they are now!

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2018, 02:25:45 pm by bobbymax »
Regardless of the form of the respective teams, I can absolutely guarantee you won't be able to back Rovers at more than 3/1 to win.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2018, 02:26:52 pm by GazLaz »
We are about a 5/4 chance I think.

Mark Wills

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2018, 02:45:30 pm by Mark Wills »
Bury have some good players but seem to be in big trouble hard game

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 27, 2018, 04:05:55 pm by selby »
  If we as supporters see anything like the capitulation we have seen in the last two seasons end, then if I was aboard member I would give change some serious thought.
   I do not envisage an unbeaten  11 game winning streak but expect us to pick up enough points to be comfortable.
   Flirting with the bottom four should not be an option from here on in for our management team, in my opinion.
   Admitted we have been unfortunate with injuries this season, but generally the board have given the management the tools for the job. We should be expecting them to deliver now, and that job is safety from relegation.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 27, 2018, 04:12:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
Paul Goodwin answered my question by Tweet
The good news is that DF says McCullough will be fit for Saturday. The (other) bad news is that Andy Boyle is a doubt with a slight groin strain. #drfc

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 27, 2018, 05:20:18 pm by Dagenham Rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 27, 2018, 07:20:22 pm by drfchound »
Apparently these are Saturday's odds.
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/rovers-16-5-to-beat-bury/
If they are going to publish pieces like this, they could at least check they've got the facts right. 16/5 to beat the bottom of the table at home - you're having a laugh!

You have to allow for the fact that Bury are in better form than us and add in that we have won just once in our last eleven matches.

Mark Wills

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 27, 2018, 07:26:12 pm by Mark Wills »
Think we should beat them one win should see us safe

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2018, 09:13:29 am by selby »
  Mark, if one win to the end of the season is the limit of our ambition, then a change at the tiller should come about.
   Although I doubt very much that is the case, but I very much want us to show the fighting spirit we showed at Rotherham, and finish this season far better than the last couple of seasons.
   We cannot let that become the norm.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 28, 2018, 09:20:45 am by Campsall rover »
Think we should beat them one win should see us safe
49 points needed. 7 more.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 28, 2018, 09:24:40 am by Campsall rover »
If we can’t get 12 more points from the last 11 games injuries or no injuries then that is quite frankly pathetic.
Another poor finish to the season cannot be acceptable
As Selby said it’s time for our manager and coach to show some mettle.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 02, 2018, 11:25:21 am by selby »
 Well there is allsorts of things going on about whether the weather will allow the game to be on. Will Bury be able to travel over to the match? will the pitch be playable?Will the health and safety people let the crowd on to the grounds concourse? Will the supporters want to go in the cold weather?
   Bury are providing free bus travel for supporters for this game, so it obviously is important to the club who are fighting for their lives.
 If the game can go ahead I would prefer it to be played.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 02, 2018, 11:32:57 am by Donnywolf »
Me too !

A win for us with an extremely low Crowd ! Do we count Season Ticket Holders who dont turn up a la Arsenal ?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 02, 2018, 12:04:17 pm by selby »
  With all the money Arsenal make from the property around the ground, and the flats they built, they are not bothered about the crowd.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 02, 2018, 12:22:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Me too !

A win for us with an extremely low Crowd ! Do we count Season Ticket Holders who dont turn up a la Arsenal ?

We do for every other game, so I don't see why not.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 02, 2018, 12:53:58 pm by Campsall rover »
Me too !

We do as our ave is 8,000

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 02, 2018, 05:21:44 pm by drfchound »
Game off then.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012