Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:25:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Dividend  (Read 32280 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Dividend
« Reply #630 on August 04, 2022, 07:37:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's interesting that there was an issue at Dover. No issue at any of the airports I've flown in to and one didn't stamp our passports either.  Strange.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #631 on August 04, 2022, 08:35:24 pm by danumdon »
It's interesting that there was an issue at Dover. No issue at any of the airports I've flown in to and one didn't stamp our passports either.  Strange.

Very obvious that the EU (with the sulky French leading)are determined to ensure that the UK make no noticeable gains from leaving their sphere of influence, they cannot allow us to demonstrate that being free from this sclerotic organisation will in future allow us to move on and develop our own way in the world, it may in some instances resemble some of their successes but allows us to not to have to partake in their committe speak excesses.

They are serious in wanting to cause maximum damage to our individual requirements and are desperate to have us back i the fold under their suffocating control.

We don't want it, we have made it very clear and we will not be asking for any sort of alignment that requires us to tow their distorted line.

This will become more apparent in the next 2 years to the extent that whatever happens after that, reunification will be not one of them, then or in the future.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #632 on August 04, 2022, 09:04:53 pm by Hounslowrover »
Danumdon, we are are being treated like all other countries outside the EU, no different.  The French were never controlling us, we had vetoes, in fact, I would say the French wanted us to balance the economic might of Germany.  Unfortunately this government needs an enemy as Brexit isn’t going well, so we’ve chosen the French as they have a common border. We could say the same about all the EU countries.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #633 on August 04, 2022, 09:19:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Danumdon, we are are being treated like all other countries outside the EU, no different.  The French were never controlling us, we had vetoes, in fact, I would say the French wanted us to balance the economic might of Germany.  Unfortunately this government needs an enemy as Brexit isn’t going well, so we’ve chosen the French as they have a common border. We could say the same about all the EU countries.

We are being treated in exactly the same way we treated non-EU countries when we were in the EU.

And people like danumdon are surprised when we get the same treatment and are happy to swallow Mogg's b*llocks about us being targeted.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #634 on August 04, 2022, 09:43:42 pm by danumdon »

If what you say is correct about the EU and specifically the French then it's not been the case that The French president has stated that it was his aim to personally make life difficult for the UK outside the EU .

If the EU and the French are treating the UK like any other none member then why did they de facto blockade the border crossing between England and France at Christmas and new year two years ago? have the EU changed their modus operandum to do this to any other none member?

If you could let me know please, thanks.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #635 on August 04, 2022, 10:11:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If what you say is correct about the EU and specifically the French then it's not been the case that The French president has stated that it was his aim to personally make life difficult for the UK outside the EU .

If the EU and the French are treating the UK like any other none member then why did they de facto blockade the border crossing between England and France at Christmas and new year two years ago? have the EU changed their modus operandum to do this to any other none member?

If you could let me know please, thanks.

DD.
Remind me exactly what Macron said on this subject.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #636 on August 04, 2022, 10:35:40 pm by danumdon »
https://www.elysee.fr/en/emmanuel-macron/2020/02/01/a-letter-from-emmanuel-macron-to-the-british-people

When some one like Macron states the following,

"In this respect, I know the feeling – however you voted in 2016 – that France was “tough” from the start of the Brexit negotiation. I wanted to defend the existential principles of the way the European Union functions: compliance with our rules within the single market, European unity, and stability in Ireland. These are not bureaucratic inflexibilities but the very foundations of the European edifice. But never has France or the French people – or, I think it is fair to say, any European people – been driven by a desire for revenge or punishment."

And then has the temerity to state at the end that "never has France or the French people – or, I think it is fair to say, any European people – been driven by a desire for revenge or punishment."

When everyone knows this is exactly what he wanted and meant.

Also when have the French ever cared a jot about "stability in Ireland" except when they could weaponise it for their own political gain.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #637 on August 05, 2022, 07:32:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
DD
So where did he say that the French wanted to make life tough for the UK outside the EU?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #638 on August 05, 2022, 07:41:46 am by Bentley Bullet »
He wouldn't actually come out and say it, would he?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #639 on August 05, 2022, 07:57:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He wouldn't actually come out and say it, would he?

And yet...

DD
"The French president has stated that it was his aim to personally make life difficult for the UK outside the EU".

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #640 on August 05, 2022, 08:11:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
Irrespective of whether he said it or not is irrelevant. The evidence is in his actions. It is obvious the EU has used Brexit as an example of what happens when a country has the audacity to leave the union and no member has been more obstructive than France.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #641 on August 05, 2022, 08:24:44 am by normal rules »
It’s quite simple.
We reciprocate the favour on the French side.
All non uk residents form a que at the uk border checkpoint. A big que.
And put a single border officer to check them all.
Fast track uk residents in another que.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #642 on August 05, 2022, 08:55:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Irrespective of whether he said it or not is irrelevant. The evidence is in his actions. It is obvious the EU has used Brexit as an example of what happens when a country has the audacity to leave the union and no member has been more obstructive than France.

Are you talking to me?

I think you need to have a word with DD who said that Macron had stated a certain line that he never did.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #643 on August 05, 2022, 10:40:56 am by danumdon »
Strange that BST, for someone who should be able to read between the lines, you don’t !

Can you honestly say here that you don’t consider any actions that the French have fostered upon us since the referendum, and before in many cases, don’t constitute a campaign of pettiness and agitation on their behalf.

It’s obvious to me and many others that they are vexed with us because of not just the above but amongst many other things they have now lost their cash cow and will now begin to see their CAP payments reduce in real terms.

Horrible little greedy man that he is  will use us to deflect his own failings.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #644 on August 05, 2022, 10:53:47 am by Glyn_Wigley »
So he didn't say it then, you just have to be able to 'read between the lines'!

Oh, and what actions have the French 'fostered upon us' (do we have to be able to read between the lines to understand that one too?) that they don't impose on other non-EU countries?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #645 on August 05, 2022, 01:00:49 pm by ravenrover »
Not stamping your passport might give you a problem in the future

• VSC Member
« Reply #646 on August 05, 2022, 01:12:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not stamping your passport might give you a problem in the future

Maybe it will, it certainly didn't when I visited the same country 4 months later though. 

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #647 on August 05, 2022, 05:34:46 pm by foxbat »
The 'French' regard the UK as a silly country and have no interest in Brexit whatsoever.  Only here have these myths developed to try and hide what a (totally predictable ) disaster it is.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #648 on August 05, 2022, 05:50:16 pm by SydneyRover »
Not just the French though is it, tory governments and ministers have long thought that British people are lazy, drunken criminals.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #649 on August 06, 2022, 07:59:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #650 on August 06, 2022, 10:05:28 am by idler »
It reminds me of when Brass Eye was on tv.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #651 on August 06, 2022, 10:08:11 am by wilts rover »
Not sure why people are suprised about the chaos at Dover? It's the same as the EU-Turkey border - as you were told would happen at the time. It's the effect of putting a border in a place where there was no border:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-queues-dover-border-travel-turkey-warning-chaos-a8079011.html

'We want things to change but it's someone else's fault when they have changed'!!

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #652 on August 06, 2022, 08:36:09 pm by foxbat »
and the Brexiteers still try to tell us ' we knew what we were voting for '. Historians will look back and say ' how could people in a 21st Century UK be so absolutely gullible ?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #653 on August 18, 2022, 12:37:11 pm by Not Now Kato »
and the Brexiteers still try to tell us ' we knew what we were voting for '. Historians will look back and say ' how could people in a 21st Century UK be so absolutely gullible ?

But we took back control....

https://www.facebook.com/100002563070144/posts/5260689874026396/?flite=scwspnss

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #654 on August 18, 2022, 01:13:24 pm by SydneyRover »

And not only that

''Inquiry after Avanti passengers have to scale 7ft spiked fence to leave station''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/aug/18/inquiry-after-avanti-passengers-scale-7ft-spiked-fence-to-leave-station-lake-district

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #655 on August 18, 2022, 01:24:35 pm by drfchound »
And that has what to do with Brexit?

• VSC Member
« Reply #656 on August 18, 2022, 03:29:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

And when you ride on the french railway you ride on British manufactured rails.etc even after brexit. It's a modern world.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #657 on August 18, 2022, 03:51:49 pm by wilts rover »
Inflation in the EU - 8.9%. In France, 6.1%, Germany, 7.5%, Italy 7.9%

What exactly was it we took back control of again - certainly not the economy.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate?continent=g20

• VSC Member
« Reply #658 on August 18, 2022, 05:43:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Tell us how much they've bailed their energy companies out for?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #659 on August 18, 2022, 06:01:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Tell us how much they've bailed their energy companies out for?

No more than we will have to do once we actually have a PM.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012