Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:33:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Praise the board  (Read 2324 times)

timdrfc

• Forum Member
Praise the board
« on December 30, 2012, 12:32:20 pm by timdrfc »
For there ability to pick a good manager
Penney
O'Driscoll
Saunders
In my honest opinion Dean Saunders could be the best of the lot as his results on a limited budget speaks volumes. What worries me is that it will not be going under the radar of the bigger clubs in the higher leagues & how long will we be able to keep him?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rios

• VSC Member
Re: Praise the board
« Reply #1 on December 30, 2012, 12:35:17 pm by Rios »
I have to say that yesterday was a wake up call for me and was the first time I've thought Saunders knows what he's doing... the problem I still at home though and the tactics used yesterday cannot be used at the Keepmoat successfully.  If he can sort that and we strengthen further in January then I expect us to really push on!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 30, 2012, 12:49:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
In fairness though Saunders does know we have weaknesses at home and he's said he needs a midfielder who can dictate the game, that is half the problem IMO, get that and we should see home improvements...

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 30, 2012, 01:37:38 pm by benaldo »
Saunders is a great manager. Best Rovers have had for many years.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 30, 2012, 01:40:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The best from Saunders is yet to come.  Enjoy the ride.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 30, 2012, 01:50:57 pm by MachoMadness »
Think Saunders was just what we needed after the SO'D era fell apart. It's like JR picked him to inject some fire and enthusiasm into the place, and put a bit of steel and strength (mental and physical) into the team. If Saunders does achieve what many thought was impossible and take us up this season, we'll have a fight on our hands to keep hold of him no doubt. I know the Blades fans worship him.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 30, 2012, 01:58:32 pm by dknward2 »
Barnsley fans have been making noises about they should be looking at him

Tbh I think if they did offer him the job he would turn it down as he has his team now set up here

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 30, 2012, 02:12:02 pm by craigdrfc »
Agree with most of the pro-Saunders stuff above, although I would like to bet that his hiring wasn't JRs idea. He will have come as part of the McKay package and, as thus, was probabily the doing if the KM2. So maybe praise to them??

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 30, 2012, 02:50:54 pm by RedJ »
We seem to be forgetting the decision to employ the Snods. Without them we may have slid into the Conference North in that first season then who knows what. No Britannia, no Wembley, no Championship, perhaps.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 30, 2012, 03:57:51 pm by Dutch Uncle »
We seem to be forgetting the decision to employ the Snods. Without them we may have slid into the Conference North in that first season then who knows what. No Britannia, no Wembley, no Championship, perhaps.

Totally agree RedJ (except it was the Unibond League back then)

Really only Wignall has been less than excellent since 1998, and I think there may have been some personal reasons affecting his tenure. Only 5 managers in more than 14 years after what felt like 14 managers in 5 years. Billy Stubbs Tears put up a great post on this recently, particularly praising JR.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 30, 2012, 04:03:06 pm by RedJ »
Didn't know that, thanks DU. Out of interest what season did the Conference Regionals come into being then?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 30, 2012, 04:04:11 pm by deebee »
 must add Billy Bremner to the list he was also very good for Rovers.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 30, 2012, 04:37:52 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Didn't know that, thanks DU. Out of interest what season did the Conference Regionals come into being then?

First Season was 2004-5

Cheers

Brian

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 30, 2012, 04:40:15 pm by Dutch Uncle »
must add Billy Bremner to the list he was also very good for Rovers.

Whilst BB is undeniably one of the very best managers we have had, I think the point being made is how good the board has been in choices (and patience with them) post Richardson and since JR bought in in 1998.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 30, 2012, 05:08:45 pm by timdrfc »
Agree with most of the pro-Saunders stuff above, although I would like to bet that his hiring wasn't JRs idea. He will have come as part of the McKay package and, as thus, was probabily the doing if the KM2. So maybe praise to them??
Check the headline "praise the board " which covers all our 3 owners

TinyPortal © 2005-2012