Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:36:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe update.  (Read 1449 times)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Crewe update.
« on May 02, 2024, 09:11:54 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Good evening everyone. We’ve been working behind the scenes with the club since this morning trying to make things work for the supporters & the club. I’d like to thank James Errington, Shaun Lockwood & Gavin Baldwin along with the ladies in the ticket office for going above & beyond.
So here’s your update.
Donny Rovers have again asked Crewe for more tickets for the first leg. This is NOT possible.

Now for the home leg.,
Yes, there was a glitch in the system for around thirty minutes I’m advised ( don’t ask me technical stuff I’m old) in which people who were NOT STH were able to buy tickets. Rest assured that these tickets have now been rescinded & monies returned to the non STH. These tickets are now back in the system for use by STH.
At the end of today the club has sold 4400 tickets for the home leg…incredible.
The box office staff have been working 12 hour days since the end of the Gillingham match & IF we get to Wembley they’ll be doing so for 21 days straight.
The planning in the background if we are successful is ridiculous in terms of time needed
Collections are still continuing way after the sales for the day closes.
The queues today were long the club don’t dispute that, however STH have until Sunday to claim their seats.
I hope this helps shed some light & I again thank everyone for their patience.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Crewe update.
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2024, 09:30:13 pm by Chris the Rover »
Thank you for the update L R. 4400 on the first day is not too shabby.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2024, 09:38:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Good evening everyone. We’ve been working behind the scenes with the club since this morning trying to make things work for the supporters & the club. I’d like to thank James Errington, Shaun Lockwood & Gavin Baldwin along with the ladies in the ticket office for going above & beyond.
So here’s your update.
Donny Rovers have again asked Crewe for more tickets for the first leg. This is NOT possible.

Now for the home leg.,
Yes, there was a glitch in the system for around thirty minutes I’m advised ( don’t ask me technical stuff I’m old) in which people who were NOT STH were able to buy tickets. Rest assured that these tickets have now been rescinded & monies returned to the non STH. These tickets are now back in the system for use by STH.
At the end of today the club has sold 4400 tickets for the home leg…incredible.
The box office staff have been working 12 hour days since the end of the Gillingham match & IF we get to Wembley they’ll be doing so for 21 days straight.
The planning in the background if we are successful is ridiculous in terms of time needed
Collections are still continuing way after the sales for the day closes.
The queues today were long the club don’t dispute that, however STH have until Sunday to claim their seats.
I hope this helps shed some light & I again thank everyone for their patience.
Can I ask Derek why more staff were not on the desks.
Only 2 taking orders face to face and one on the phone.

If they used the box office then they could have 6 staff taking ticket orders and use the back office for the telephone calls. Or at least 4 at front doing face to face and 2 on the phones or 3 & 3  Derek.
The phone lines were jammed all day so I went down to the ground at 2.00pm and waited 50 mins
There were only about 25 people in front of me.

I am not criticising the Ladies who were working their socks off all day. They are brilliant, so polite and patient and even knew I had been on line during the morning having problems trying to purchase my tickets without me even saying anything.
The ticket staff are fabulous and a credit to the Club Derek. All I am saying is why were there not more staff on and why were they not using the increased capacity facility of the box office?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2024, 09:44:58 pm by johnny rovers »
Ticket office, don't you mean club shop?!?!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2024, 09:46:00 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I understand there were the three full time employees & casual staff in addition. It’s not something anyone can just step in & do to be honest Paul. I’m not trying to be vague.,

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2024, 09:49:12 pm by johnny rovers »
Come on Lincoln, tell all the fans on here, where the car parking will be for fans travelling by official coaches from Doncaster. I hope that was discussed, as it was the other day in our recent supporters club meeting. Over to you Sir! This will bring some sneers let me tell you!!!

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2024, 09:50:40 pm by johnny rovers »
I understand there were the three full time employees & casual staff in addition. It’s not something anyone can just step in & do to be honest Paul. I’m not trying to be vague.,

It was more so the IT was inadequate, why wouldn't they use the normal ticket office for this very busy period?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2024, 09:59:08 pm by Filo »

When cut backs in staff are made, other members of staff should be trained up for redeployment should the need arise like today.Also a glitch in the system is not a reasonable explanation, there is no such thing as a glitch, someone has not set it up correctly and then run a test on it to see if all is OK

donnyguy

• Forum Member

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 02, 2024, 10:30:44 pm by LincolnDonny »

Hey Lincoln Rover

I cant get from Lincoln to buy the tickets and CAN'T order them on line as it doesn't recognise £0 on my carers ticket , I tried all day until 4.32pm when i got the message now closed ,

I have no idea how i am supposed to get my and my disabled wife's tickets to purchase , any thoughts on our predicament as season ticket holders ?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2024, 10:33:57 pm by Nudga »

Hey Lincoln Rover

I cant get from Lincoln to buy the tickets and CAN'T order them on line as it doesn't recognise £0 on my carers ticket , I tried all day until 4.32pm when i got the message now closed ,

I have no idea how i am supposed to get my and my disabled wife's tickets to purchase , any thoughts on our predicament as season ticket holders ?

The tickets will be in your online account waiting for you. You just have to pay for them

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2024, 10:35:52 pm by StocksArmy »
Little bit confused here. I am not a STH for this season but have one for next. I purchased 4 tickets this morning at around 10:30 and have not had a refund or email to state that they will be void on matchday and that I will be issued a refund. Is this due to the large volume of people who have purchased tickets without holding a ST and there will still be a lot pending?

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 02, 2024, 10:46:41 pm by LincolnDonny »

Hey Lincoln Rover

The tickets will be in your online account waiting for you. You just have to pay for them

Sorry but you are WRONG

It is there but it does NOT understand £0 carer ticket

See the note also a note above all that which i could not fit in to the pic

PROCEED TO CHECKOUT cannot be used (yes i am online as signed in)

It is an anomoly which has never been corrected and Tracy et al knew about it

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 10:51:42 pm by LincolnDonny »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2024, 06:54:23 am by Donnywolf »
Yes , the above is where I got to several times. Trying to buy 3 Seats but had the price mismatch on all 3 and tried a few things before fluking it and hour or so later

I think I left it alone for a while and the glitch mentioned elsewhere was presumably fixed

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 03, 2024, 07:05:27 am by roversdude »
I’ve never been able to find the reserved section not sure if it’s because I’m doing it on my phone - fortunately had cup direct so sorted.

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 03, 2024, 07:26:37 am by Highland Rover »

Does this mean that +1 tickets are now available in the South Stand as they ran out rather quickly yesterday morning ( due to glitch ? ) . I am a STH in the South but had to move in order to get 2 tickets together ,

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 03, 2024, 07:34:11 am by Lincoln Rover »
Lots of questions & comments.
Please call the ticket office/box office, whatever you wish to call it. It’s open from 9 this morning. There’s no rush as we have until Sunday as a STH.
Johnny Rovers, you appear to be informed, why don’t you tell us where the car parking will be for the official coaches.i can recall the ground wasn’t available & that Len( mainly) & Shaun had arranged an alternative. The Dons are at home & they even considered changing venues, but couldn’t.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 03, 2024, 07:47:01 am by Dagenham Rover »
There is now a update on the Official site on Howto :)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 03, 2024, 07:53:08 am by steve@dcfd »
I’ve never been able to find the reserved section not sure if it’s because I’m doing it on my phone - fortunately had cup direct so sorted.

On the phone the drop down area is not there. When logged in the top right figure tap on that to open personal details it says Alert and the reserve tickets are there. But I didn’t find that until I’d bought different tickets

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 03, 2024, 08:13:39 am by roversdude »
Brilliant thanks Steve

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 03, 2024, 08:33:33 am by Campsall rover »
Coaches usually drop off supporters outside the away end at Crewe.
They go and park wherever they park and then pick up where they dropped us off.
Now with there being so many going to this match I presume there will be around 7/8 coaches so if they all arrive together it would be chaotic.
If it is 2 coaches at a time there should no problem.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012