Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:55:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where's Johnson?  (Read 1740 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Where's Johnson?
« Reply #30 on August 15, 2022, 02:00:29 pm by SydneyRover »
I would have thought those that moan and cry about people on welfare if they happen to smoke or have an iphone or have pay tv would have been all over this lazy f**k taking holls at public expense.

''No 10 admits Johnson will only be contacted if urgent while on holiday''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/15/senior-tory-defends-johnson-for-taking-second-holiday-amid-energy-crisis

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 15, 2022, 02:02:12 pm by SydneyRover »
see ya bb

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 15, 2022, 02:29:22 pm by Ldr »
MPs from both sides of the house take vacation during summer recess shocker!!!!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 15, 2022, 02:33:15 pm by SydneyRover »

If you see a match between johnson and any other PM fill your boots Ldr

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 15, 2022, 02:53:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr. Let me rework that one for you.

Bothsidesist fails to spot that Leader of Opposition doesn't have two foreign holidays in a fortnight, or host a private party at a state funded residence or play soldiers when he should be doing the job he's paid for shocker.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 15, 2022, 02:59:36 pm by Ldr »

Bothsidesist fails to spot that Leader of Opposition doesn't have two foreign holidays in a fortnight, or host a private party at a state funded residence or play soldiers when he should be doing the job he's paid for shocker.

Or alternatively

BST in faux outrage for political point scoring shocker

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 15, 2022, 03:18:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I'm sure he wouldn't be the only boss to toss it off when he should be doing the job he's paid for.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 15, 2022, 03:48:41 pm by BigH »
Lord knows, Johnson has his critics and I'm one of them.

But if I'm going to be fair, this is one for the Conservative Party rather than the man himself. They jettisoned him without any idea how it would play out, including what the interim plan was while they chose a new leader.

All he's done is behave true to form, as in 'I'll do what I want and sod the rest of you'.

I'm only surprised that anyone's surprised.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 15, 2022, 06:44:20 pm by drfchound »
Starmer just been interviewed on the evening news and when he was questioned about why he hadn’t been the one challenging the government on the rise in energy prices instead of the likes of Martin Lewis and Ed Davy doing it, Starmer said that he has another job.
That is being a dad and he said he won’t apologise for going on holiday with his kids.
I don’t suppose other Party leaders are allowed to do stuff like that.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 15, 2022, 06:58:45 pm by rich1471 »
What's the issue on going on holiday and not been contacted they have families and lives just because the run the country does not mean they cannot have a break  ,I would tell me my boss to get stuffed if they tried calling me on holiday

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 15, 2022, 07:04:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rich.

As I've said, I've nothing against anyone going on holiday. But it's the timing of it. Given that Johnson wanted to stay on as PM until his replacement is elected, it wouldn't have been much of a sacrifice for him to wait another 3-4 weeks before going, by which time he'd have properly stood down.

As it is, it's hard to see what he's actually done as PM over the last few weeks.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 15, 2022, 07:59:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Rich.

As I've said, I've nothing against anyone going on holiday. But it's the timing of it. Given that Johnson wanted to stay on as PM until his replacement is elected, it wouldn't have been much of a sacrifice for him to wait another 3-4 weeks before going, by which time he'd have properly stood down.

As it is, it's hard to see what he's actually done as PM over the last few weeks.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that b*llocks? Whether Johnson was about to stand down as PM or not he would still have been rebuked for taking a holiday during a national crisis, no?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 15, 2022, 08:04:30 pm by drfchound »
Rich.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that b*llocks? Whether Johnson was about to stand down as PM or not he would still have been rebuked for taking a holiday during a national crisis, no?

In another 3-4 weeks his kids will be back at school too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 15, 2022, 08:17:28 pm by Filo »
Rich.

Wilfred is 2 years old, Romy is 8 Months old, not even school age

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 15, 2022, 09:57:09 pm by drfchound »
Rich.

Wilfred is 2 years old, Romy is 8 Months old, not even school age

And what about his other kids of school age?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 15, 2022, 10:03:39 pm by normal rules »
Removal vans seen outside no10 today.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 15, 2022, 10:09:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
A...nd round in circles we go!

Johnson can't win in the eyes of Labour supporters no matter what he does. One minute they're moaning that he should have been instantly removed from leadership responsibility and the next they're moaning that he's not still running the country!

It does make one chuckle.

I'm moaning that NOBODY is running the country! It doesn't have to be Johnson at all, just SOMEBODY.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 15, 2022, 10:14:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Parliament goes on recess. The Government is never on recess. Shocker!!!!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 15, 2022, 10:29:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Johnson can't win in the eyes of Labour supporters no matter what he does. One minute they're moaning that he should have been instantly removed from leadership responsibility and the next they're moaning that he's not still running the country!

I'm moaning that NOBODY is running the country! It doesn't have to be Johnson at all, just SOMEBODY.
The deputy prime minister is supposed to be running the country and Johnson is only a call away if needed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 15, 2022, 11:48:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The deputy prime minister is supposed to be running the country and Johnson is only a call away if needed.

Makes you wonder why a PM should ever be in No10 then.

The point, once again, is that he could very easily have delayed his holiday, and the massive private party he threw in a public owned mansion, until he'd stepped down in just a few weeks.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 15, 2022, 11:53:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. Whether Johnson was about to stand down as PM or not he would still have been rebuked for taking a holiday during a national crisis, no?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 15, 2022, 11:55:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rich.

What the f**k are you blathering on about now? If he'd waited till early Sept, he would neither be nor about to not be PM anymore. He would have been ex-PM and as far as I'm concerned, can go on holiday wherever he wants.

Similarly, if he wasn't standing down this summer, I'd have had no issue at all with him taking a holiday at any time in the summer.

The issue is him not even being arsed to do the job of PM in the last few days before he's finally booted out of office.

Typical of him to do that.

Typical of you to contort yourself into embarrassing shapes to support him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 16, 2022, 12:01:19 am by Bentley Bullet »
Watch my lips. If Johnson was not about to stand down as PM he would still have been rebuked for taking a holiday during a national crisis.

No?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 16, 2022, 12:15:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Watch my lips. If Johnson was not about to stand down as PM he would still have been rebuked for taking a holiday during a national crisis.

No?

No. He. Wouldn't.

Not by me. I fully appreciate that everyone has the right to a reasonable break.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 16, 2022, 12:22:46 am by Bentley Bullet »

No?

No. He. Wouldn't.

Not by me. I fully appreciate that everyone has the right to a reasonable break.
In that case, and because of your protection of your great leader, I call you a liar.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 12:25:25 am by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 16, 2022, 12:25:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Night night. I truly don't know how I'll sleep.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012