Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:35:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League One January transfers thread  (Read 27330 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: League One January transfers thread
« Reply #240 on January 22, 2020, 02:29:15 pm by wing commander »
 I was hoping today might be the day when we got one over the line for the Sunderland game,but the silence on here and especially twitter means it's probably unlikely now..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on January 22, 2020, 02:31:31 pm by IDM »
I for one am quite comfortable with the “radio silence” until deals are done..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on January 22, 2020, 02:41:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think tomorrow could be a pivotal day bearing in mind timescales for registering players is different for loans and permanents. For a loan it could be as late as Friday for the evening game. Tomorrow for permanent if DM wishes to include them in the squad for Sunderland.

Just a hunch nothing more.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on January 22, 2020, 02:42:25 pm by Retdon1 »
The silence could mean deals are being signed and sealed....

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on January 22, 2020, 03:07:19 pm by dknward2 »
No transfer moment imminent at Doncaster. Darren Moore says the club has the right personnel to get on with landing targets and he’s leaving them to it so he can focus on the Sunderland game. Says they’re looking at the same targets and more from early in the window.

From twitter

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on January 22, 2020, 03:39:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
I’ll keep my paper dry what I think about one deal affecting other deals I have my own idea but we will see how or if it works out.

are you thinking that the "one deal affecting others" means that we are waiting for Whiteman's move to Hull before funds are released to enable us to buy some players?............. :ohmy:
I’m not using powder or writing on paper so I couldn’t at this moment possibly comment

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #246 on January 22, 2020, 05:07:10 pm by RoversAlias »
No transfer moment imminent at Doncaster. Darren Moore says the club has the right personnel to get on with landing targets and he’s leaving them to it so he can focus on the Sunderland game. Says they’re looking at the same targets and more from early in the window.

From twitter

Note that the BBC interviewer said "I know nothing is imminent, but..." before asking the question. Darren never said that and merely spoke about focusing on the Sunderland game.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on January 22, 2020, 05:39:02 pm by Michael Shaw »
It's amazing we can have 246 posts on this thread about absolutely nothing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on January 22, 2020, 05:43:19 pm by IDM »
It's amazing we can have 246 posts on this thread about absolutely nothing.

Because there have been no transfers in league one this window at all.?? Not one?

There have been no players suggested to come to Doncaster, regardless of whether they will, absolutely nothing to discuss..

Jesus H Christ.!

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on January 22, 2020, 06:07:26 pm by Cameron Rowe »
I said that aswell RoversAlias the interviewer says nothing is imminent not Moore. Before most of our signings last summer Moore literally said a day or 2 before most of them nothing is imminent or no signings in the near future. He keeps his cards close to his chest hes not going to come out and say no we've got a couple signing tomorrow in response to the interviewers statement he'd be stupid to. Watch Tomorrow i guarantee there will be a signing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on January 22, 2020, 06:11:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to that and agree we shouldn't rule anything out. Just his usual coy self as you would expect.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #251 on January 22, 2020, 06:36:23 pm by foxbat »
So can we still hope for a striker to be signed in time for the Sunderland game , to come on and bag a brace on his debut ( including the winner ) ?
sigh....... :rolleyes:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on January 22, 2020, 06:47:51 pm by dknward2 »
I just copied and pasted from twitter

I know that an hour in football is a long time however another working day is over and looks like we still haven’t got anyone yet.

I think if we want anyone in for the Sunderland game we have until 3pm on Friday to register them for us.

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on January 22, 2020, 07:06:21 pm by Cameron Rowe »
Media day tomorrow isn't it something should be getting announced plus players training tomorrow.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on January 22, 2020, 07:13:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No. We've had media day today hence the prematch interviews.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on January 22, 2020, 07:21:33 pm by Alan Southstand »
As if we havn’t got a thin enough squad already, we’re now, apparently, willing to ‘listen to offers’ for Ben Whiteman!

Is this the ‘trigger’ that SM writes about?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on January 22, 2020, 07:26:06 pm by DearneValleyRover »
As if we havn’t got a thin enough squad already, we’re now, apparently, willing to ‘listen to offers’ for Ben Whiteman!

Every club is willing to listen to any offers for their players but it doesn’t mean they will sell, this continuing doom is becoming ridiculous

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on January 22, 2020, 07:27:00 pm by Barmby Rover »
Ben Whiteman being targeted by Derby, Blackburn and a.n.other Championship club, will we take the money? Maybe.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on January 22, 2020, 07:27:47 pm by drfc1951 »
Ben Whiteman being targeted by Derby, Blackburn and a.n.other Championship club, will we take the money? Maybe.
Maybe not

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on January 22, 2020, 07:34:39 pm by ravenrover »

Alan I've obviously missed that, who has said we are willing "to listen to offers" for Ben?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #260 on January 22, 2020, 07:39:11 pm by IDM »
Yes I would like to see that pointed out..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on January 22, 2020, 07:42:34 pm by IDM »
Idah not in the Norwich squad at Tottenham tonight..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on January 22, 2020, 08:51:48 pm by silent majority »

That's not what I said, or inferred.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on January 22, 2020, 09:04:27 pm by Alan Southstand »
Apologies are duly given, then, SM. Please enlighten me as to what you were inferring, because I have clearly misunderstood.

You did mention something about triggers, or have I made that big up?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on January 22, 2020, 09:10:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
this continuing doom is becoming ridiculous

DVR, with all due respect, not all of us have the inside track on the goings on at DRFC, and don’t insult me by telling me that you don’t hear a few whispers from time to time. From my perspective, what is getting ridiculous is the dismantling of a squad that did ok last season and one which I thought (foolishly) that we would build on this season.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on January 22, 2020, 09:17:40 pm by Michael Shaw »
Alan, as you say we only needed minor tweaks from the squad we had last season and we would have been fighting for a top two slot all season. If the board have taken over recruitment from the managers they have allowed the team to be dismantled into something that can't compare with last season. All we hear is wait, wait and wait and nothing happens.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on January 22, 2020, 09:20:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
this continuing doom is becoming ridiculous

DVR, with all due respect, not all of us have the inside track on the goings on at DRFC, and don’t insult me by telling me that you don’t hear a few whispers from time to time. From my perspective, what is getting ridiculous is the dismantling of a squad that did ok last season and one which I thought (foolishly) that we would build on this season.

I’m not insulting you it’s your choice to believe the doom and gloom social media posts over those who you believe have a little knowledge and are telling you different. I can honestly say I was worried when we got to the middle of the month but not now.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #267 on January 22, 2020, 09:22:07 pm by IDM »
Apologies are duly given, then, SM. Please enlighten me as to what you were inferring, because I have clearly misunderstood.

You did mention something about triggers, or have I made that big up?

This is purely conjecture but let’s say we have one prime player target, a marquee signing we are looking to sign permanently.  However his club may be undecided on selling, but might allow a loan..

That could be a trigger - if player 1 signs permanently then one of players 2, 3, or 4 could join on loan. But if player 1 can only be a loanee, player 2, 3 etc could sign permanently..

Or player one could be a striker of a certain type, meaning players 2 and 3 are lined up to fit his style - but if player one can’t happen then we get players 4, 5 and 6 of different styles..

As I said, purely conjecture but relatively straightforward to understand how the first transfer works can determine the following ones..

All the players in these scenarios could be lined up ready to go once the first move is decided..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on January 22, 2020, 09:26:26 pm by silent majority »
Exactly IDM.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on January 22, 2020, 09:31:56 pm by IDM »
I must add that I have no idea who those players would be, I’ve seen the names on the rumour mill section etc, but am happy to wait and see..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012