Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:01:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Retained list  (Read 1345 times)

Barmby Rover, Juddy, roversontheup, DonnyOsmond, fogarover, waldron40, grayx, PDX_Rover, EpsTheMightyReds and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Retained list
« Reply #30 on Today at 12:09:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
More chance Henry Wilks signing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on Today at 12:11:20 pm by roversdude »
Wasn’t Adamson really highly rated and scoring for fun

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on Today at 12:13:18 pm by ncRover »
Sotana a truly amazing signing. Came in on two year deal, made a few eccentric appearances, then out on loan, comes back, immediately transfer listed. One for the ages.

Might struggle to shift him like with Reo Griffiths.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on Today at 12:15:23 pm by normal rules »
Going to miss TLT. He was rock solid in goal

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on Today at 12:23:15 pm by Mike_F »
Sotana a truly amazing signing. Came in on two year deal, made a few eccentric appearances, then out on loan, comes back, immediately transfer listed. One for the ages.

Might struggle to shift him like with Reo Griffiths.

One would hope and expect that he's not a big earner.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on Today at 12:47:22 pm by Draytonian III »
One name I am missing is Sam Straugham-Brown - I thought he was offered a deal about the same time as Flint?

He was offered 2 year professional contract last Sept/Oct to start on 01/07/24 with an option of an extra year.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on Today at 12:50:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Concur with what most have said.

Yes, surprised one of the keepers (Lawlor) wasn't listed but, until they identify another Keeper then you've got to keep at least one onside anyway I guess??

No surprises with Moly and Haks, who've got backstop positions, so can negotiate here and elsewhere. Not sure whats the issue with Biggins unless he feels he's worthy of better terms.

With all three, I guess McCann will impose deadlines so we can crack on planning ahead.

Sad for Max as he was a talented player but McCann can't be taking chances if there are injury concerns. We've just got ourselves out of that cycle of managing players more on the treatment table than on the pitch.

All the best to Rowe whatever direction he takes his career. He has been a very good servant helping the club through some difficult times.

If recent experience with McCann is anything to go by, he won't mess about and will get players through the door quite quickly. He definitely wants them for when pre-season starts.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on Today at 12:55:07 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Just because players aren’t listed now doesn’t mean they won’t be later in the window. We may be waiting to sign a goalkeeper before listing one of ours.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on Today at 12:58:00 pm by roversdude »
Just because players aren’t listed now doesn’t mean they won’t be later in the window. We may be waiting to sign a goalkeeper before listing one of ours.

Guess it depends on if they are happy warming the bench one or both may ask to move on

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on Today at 01:06:17 pm by MachoMadness »
Concur with what most have said.

Yes, surprised one of the keepers (Lawlor) wasn't listed but, until they identify another Keeper then you've got to keep at least one onside anyway I guess??

No surprises with Moly and Haks, who've got backstop positions, so can negotiate here and elsewhere. Not sure whats the issue with Biggins unless he feels he's worthy of better terms.

With all three, I guess McCann will impose deadlines so we can crack on planning ahead.

Sad for Max as he was a talented player but McCann can't be taking chances if there are injury concerns. We've just got ourselves out of that cycle of managing players more on the treatment table than on the pitch.

All the best to Rowe whatever direction he takes his career. He has been a very good servant helping the club through some difficult times.

If recent experience with McCann is anything to go by, he won't mess about and will get players through the door quite quickly. He definitely wants them for when pre-season starts.
Suspect Biggins is one who was on the released list, but who played himself into a contract by the end of the season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on Today at 01:15:56 pm by NickDRFC »

Some absolutely wild threads about how great he was going to be early on in the season as well.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on Today at 01:23:36 pm by jamesrover17 »
Don't think any of the 3 contract offers will be accepted... Hope they are but I can't see it

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on Today at 01:26:29 pm by Northants Nomad »

Some absolutely wild threads about how great he was going to be early on in the season as well.

Ability was what we saw early doors, Attitude was what came across secondary...never looked up for the fight when things were tough that first few months of the season.  The fact we were very quick to get him moved out suggests he was a square peg in a round hole...dare I say, disruptive? McCann seems to want him nowhere near the team.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on Today at 01:26:39 pm by The Beast »
Don't think any of the 3 contract offers will be accepted... Hope they are but I can't see it
Me neither unfortunately.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on Today at 01:39:53 pm by albie »
Very surprised we have not offered Biamou the chance to prove his fitness pre season.
If he is over the injury he got at Morecambe, we could have covered ourselves by offering a rolling short term contract.

Same for Ravenhill really, as injury robbed him of the chance to make a case.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on Today at 02:58:28 pm by Mike_F »
We may well be offering Biamou that chance. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he keeps training with us and ends up getting a contract when he's fit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012