Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:22:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How much for Marquis???  (Read 4583 times)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: How much for Marquis???
« Reply #30 on September 25, 2018, 08:37:53 am by mpc123 »
Why not.??

Where’s any evidence to back up that assertion?

This thread is a what/if about our potentially most valuable player, and money talks..

But why the dig at the board.?

Tbh I don't think it was a dig, possibly finance the cat b upgrade and reinvest the rest in players that puts the club in a great place as there will still be plenty for players. Yet knowing this board they will reinvest it anyway.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Southboy

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 25, 2018, 01:37:49 pm by Southboy »
The difference between going up and not may be John staying. If that's the case, and the C'ship is worth 3/4 million, his value is HUGE!!!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 25, 2018, 01:51:45 pm by since-1969 »
Just an interesting position to see Johns value for we’d sell at considering he’s 18 month left.... I’d go 2.5 in January....
Why would we  want to sell a player who is giving his best for the club and who the fans see as the best in the League !!! Good strikers do not go unnoticed or without their price tag we need to fight to keep our best striker since Peter Kitchen!!!

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 25, 2018, 01:54:03 pm by mpc123 »
Just an interesting position to see Johns value for we’d sell at considering he’s 18 month left.... I’d go 2.5 in January....
Why would we  want to sell a player who is giving his best for the club and who the fans see as the best in the League !!! Good strikers do not go unnoticed or without their price tag we need to fight to keep our best striker since Peter Kitchen!!!

Like with any player there will be a head turn and a price.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 25, 2018, 01:55:48 pm by IDM »
Money talks but the January window is short.. if he does have offers then, it makes sense to up the price as we have less time to get replacements....

That and not actually being for sale should make a big difference..

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 25, 2018, 01:59:06 pm by Mike_F »
I was thinking on Saturday that his market value is probably around the £2m mark but as we aren't in dire straits we could perhaps hold out for a bit more and I have no doubt that if his current form continues there'll be suitors aplenty sniffing around.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for something in the region of £1.75m with add-ons relating to appearances and goals worth up to a further £750k and a decent sell-on clause.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 25, 2018, 02:17:16 pm by Filo »
He is worth 2 mil now as a gamble or back up striker to a decent championship club.

But even if we let him go for three mil, realistically you wouldn’t expect the board to re invest anything like that.

And why not?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 25, 2018, 02:49:52 pm by since-1969 »

Like with any player there will be a head turn and a price.
Then you slap a price worth the hassle £5m

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 25, 2018, 04:07:55 pm by mpc123 »
Haha Oh I wish it was like pc football manager.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 25, 2018, 06:40:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

This from the man who says the club has no ambition.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 25, 2018, 08:16:44 pm by drfchound »
The difference between going up and not may be John staying. If that's the case, and the C'ship is worth 3/4 million, his value is HUGE!!!

The extra fans in the away end alone is worth a million quid to us.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 25, 2018, 08:33:31 pm by silent majority »

The extra fans in the away end alone is worth a million quid to us.

And solidarity payments much more than that!!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 26, 2018, 04:26:28 pm by Axholme Lion »
Money talks but the January window is short.. if he does have offers then, it makes sense to up the price as we have less time to get replacements....

That and not actually being for sale should make a big difference..

Where are the quality replacements? Wall have struggled to replace Moro, the jury is still out on Bradshaw.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 26, 2018, 04:28:36 pm by IDM »
I can’t say.. that’s why IF Marquis was to leave we should demand big money in order to tempt someone from another club who may also not yet be for sale..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012