Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:31:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget  (Read 5879 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Budget
« Reply #30 on April 04, 2018, 08:16:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Burnley , Crystal Pallace , Bournemouth Huddersfield, Swansea . All teams that we have paid took major points from . It’s not Fate !! It’s taking your chance whilst other just spectate .

I raise you Portsmouth, Leeds, Luton and many others. I think you mistake "taking your chance" for "playing roulette".

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 04, 2018, 08:18:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I expected at the beginning of the season to be play-off material. That was before the loss of Andrew, McCullough, Kiwomya, Houghton and Baudry. (and Williams maybe)

I still believe a fit squad (bar the niggles and short term injuries) would have been capable of challenging. We can debate as much as we want without being able to prove where our budget ranked by comparison to the rest of League One but, we can see how things have not gone to plan throughout the season to date.

Hindsight tells me I should temper my expectations, as in most seasons, shit happens. Now, I think we've had more than our quota for next season too.

I expect the budget will give DF a bit more flexibility in terms of nailing major targets considering the out of contract players that will likely move on.

We don't need major surgery so a couple of solid signings early doors, then maybe the addition of a couple of others (Anderson etc.) should set us up nicely.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 04, 2018, 08:22:26 pm by dknward2 »
Fergie has already said he wants 2 players to compete in each position. Now I would guess he wants an experience and a youngster in each so the older head would act as a tutor/teacher.

The more experienced player would for me be a player would be someone who could manage to get in the lower championship clubs squad maybe not first 11 I.e someone not guaranteed games. The young players would be up and coming either from within or like Alfie Beestin or maybe let go by top premiership clubs who they think not worthy for them

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 04, 2018, 08:42:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well that makes sense and gives the impression of building.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 04, 2018, 09:01:20 pm by silent majority »
Mods - can someone check the forum settings please?
For some reason it's chucking out threads from three years ago.

We've checked the settings, they're fine.

The problem appears to be a time warp that only affects certain individuals and which also has a tendency to distort reality.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 04, 2018, 09:23:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
Fergie has already said he wants 2 players to compete in each position. Now I would guess he wants an experience and a youngster in each so the older head would act as a tutor/teacher.

The more experienced player would for me be a player would be someone who could manage to get in the lower championship clubs squad maybe not first 11 I.e someone not guaranteed games. The young players would be up and coming either from within or like Alfie Beestin or maybe let go by top premiership clubs who they think not worthy for them

That older younger analogy is ok but he also says we have missed a left back most of the season and had to play players in position that have suited them. As I said before we needed four centre halves at the beginning of the season and another left sided player. We have Garrett a young player but DF must believe he’s not ready yet to play as second in a left back position. Also we haven’t had all season a player who can replace Rowe on the left side. So let’s hope we can get 3/4 more players to assist the side next season. Can’t see Alcock, Evian and Williams here next season. Copps and Baudry will probably have contract extensions.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 04, 2018, 09:52:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
.... and another left sided player. We have Garrett a young player but DF must believe he’s not ready yet to play as second in a left back position.
And we're back to budgets. In the money tree world, I'd agree with you. Youngsters need game time, and maybe by next season he will have stepped up too.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 05, 2018, 07:20:57 pm by ravenrover »
well next season we can have no excuses our budget will be top two, well I might as well guess what our budget will be as much as the moaners on here who seem to "know" what THIS seasons budget is

TinyPortal © 2005-2012