Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:21:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Atmosphere at Arsenal  (Read 3915 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Atmosphere at Arsenal
« on September 14, 2017, 10:22:11 pm by Move DRFC »
Atmosphere has been a bit flat I've thought at home this season, and were probably gonna get smashed on Wednesday, so lets all have a lovely time and make a bloody good old racket at the Emirates. Chances are the home fans will be quiet so lets play our part. You reds

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Atmosphere at Arsenal
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2017, 10:27:18 pm by Nudga »
I was thinking this earlier. At least get an away win in the stands.
90 minutes full on, let's do this.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2017, 10:36:38 pm by GazLaz »
I'll be smashed by kick off I would imagine. I'm going down on Saturday so got 5 days to booze.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2017, 10:38:42 pm by Move DRFC »
Really hope everyone's up for it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 15, 2017, 01:59:39 am by hoolahoop »
Yep up for this - who wouldn't be . Cue the bother at the match .........between our supporters as usual  .

The usual bickering " sit down you fooker " ,"  that's my seat " etc etc .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 15, 2017, 07:48:47 am by Padge_DRFC »
Let's hope the 25 fans that sing are in full voice on Wednesday.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 15, 2017, 08:11:07 am by balbyrover »
Let's hope the 25 fans that sing are in full voice on Wednesday.

So much negativity.  It really is tedious. All our fans do is slate each other and then wonder why the atmosphere isnt brilliant.  I love a great atmosphere as much as the next man but if a supporter chooses to sit down in his seat and watch the game then thats entirely their choice. They have paid for their seat.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 15, 2017, 08:17:32 am by RedJ »
But if that supporter then also chooses to whinge about how shit the atmosphere is while doing nothing to contribute...

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 15, 2017, 08:21:04 am by balbyrover »
But if that supporter then also chooses to whinge about how shit the atmosphere is while doing nothing to contribute...

Yeah I should have cleared that up.
My point was more at those who seem to expect everybody to stand all game singing,They think that makes them more of a superior supporter for some reason.
For what it's worth I am one of those who like to stand at the top,have a drink and a sing all game.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 15, 2017, 08:46:11 am by VivaRovers »
We can probably strike 'What's it like to see support?' from the song list though, after last night.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 15, 2017, 09:03:01 am by anton123 »
The club as asked those who want to sit to buy tickets below row 20 so as long as they have bought accordingly there should be no problem, Iv got mine near back and will be standing and singing all game so tough luck if someone as bought behind me a wants to sit all game

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 15, 2017, 09:08:17 am by drfchound »

RedJ, i am not wanting to whip up anything here but TBF the numbers in the singing section has declined, or appears to have.
The split that happened between some of the lads has has quite an effect and it is much quieter now than it was when the BB was first formed.
I SIT just to the left of the standing section and join in most of the time but in general the songs and chants just are not starting very often so in reality there isn't too much to join in with.
Whoever is on the drum can have an influence but he doesn't get things going like the lad last year did.
I remember a couple of seasons ago that a couple of lads brought brass instruments in for two or three matches and they really hit the spot, getting the whole South Stand going.
If only someone could add that to things again?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 15, 2017, 10:00:17 am by RedJ »
I know it's been shit recently. But it's more because people (most people, some do) don't bother joining in when someone dies try and sing a song. Or can't be arsed for more than one chorus of it.

I'm not saying it makes anyone a better or worse fan because they don't stand and/or sing but it just riles me when you get people whining who do nothing (not a dig at you as you do join in) to help matters then want to stick the boot in because it was shit atmosphere. Granted there's not an awful lot to shout about at the moment but it takes more than just the 20-30 who stand around the gantry to make a racket.

By the way it's a different drummer - the one from last year for reasons I won't go into probably won't be coming back (or at least back to the drum) for a long time if ever. Not a dig at the lad who's took up the mantle as it seems a thankless task, and he does his best.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 15, 2017, 10:16:32 am by drfchound »
My take on the drum is that if the lad on it begins a song with the drummers intro (and there are a few songs that begin with a drum beat) then more people are inclined to have a go at joining in.

There are often long periods in the game when there is nothing at all coming from the fans.

You rightly say that at times there is nothing to sing about but in the past, in quiet parts of the game the BB did get going and it gave the players a lift.
That to my mind is what may be lacking.

As an aside, i had an idea of a song /chant which could be unique to our club and linked in with the "Yorkshire Yorkshire" chant that sometimes is done.
I think it is really funny and would probably result in us getting noticed for it.
It would need a few moments of training for the lads to get it going but if everyone joined in it would be great.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 15, 2017, 03:06:16 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Black bank is mainly made up of kids. When the games not entertaining they slouch in their chairs and sit on their phones.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 15, 2017, 03:17:03 pm by drfchound »
That is a fact, i am amazed how many of the young lads spend 30 minutes of each half reading their phone messages.
Some of them don't even look up when we are taking a corner.

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 15, 2017, 04:03:01 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
At Arsenal there will be plenty of part timers, or fans who go once in a while. To encourage those supporters to sing along we should chat the more common/older songs rather than this new stuff only about 30 of us know. To be honest most of the new stuff is prity average anyway.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 15, 2017, 04:18:13 pm by drfchound »
Agreed, typically the new Alfie May chant.
I still have no idea what it is but the old one, as it was to Billy, Billy Sharp, is much better and people joined in with that one.

Also the pub team song is often sung to the wrong tune.

Lindy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 15, 2017, 04:35:02 pm by Lindy »
Fans who wish to stand needed to buy tickets in the singing areas. Rovers and Arsenal agreed that standing would be allowed in certain blocks. To my knowledge safe standing areas have yet to be implemented so sit down! Sitting down doesn't mean you don't sing. It means you're too old or infirm to stand for 90 minutes.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 15, 2017, 04:51:47 pm by Nudga »
2 pound
2 pound 10
4 and a half thousand Rovers men
Prostitutes around every corner
2 pound 10.

That old enough for you? Haha

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 15, 2017, 05:35:18 pm by hoolahoop »
At Arsenal there will be plenty of part timers, or fans who go once in a while. To encourage those supporters to sing along we should chat the more common/older songs rather than this new stuff only about 30 of us know. To be honest most of the new stuff is prity average anyway.

Exactly look at the average age of our supporters -it must be the simple old songs preferably one's with words . I agree about the phones it's got bloody ridiculous - I'm sure some of these lads can't be parted from their phones for more than 5 minutes.

Lads this is a big game -put the fookin phones away will you or you will miss the game and we need your support more than Apple/Samsung do.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 15, 2017, 05:50:06 pm by Donnyjim »
I'll be there, if anyone fancies a pint?  :chair:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 15, 2017, 06:49:35 pm by idler »
I'll join you as long as you don't moan about the beer.😉
I'll do that.🙂

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 15, 2017, 07:31:38 pm by hoolahoop »
I'll do that.🙂

OK any ideas which pubs we are using ?

tonybuk86

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 16, 2017, 01:59:02 am by tonybuk86 »
Lets get all 5000 fans singing, let's have a party.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 16, 2017, 10:14:31 am by RedJ »
Well that's not going to happen. :laugh:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 16, 2017, 11:43:12 am by MrFrost »
I'll do that.🙂

We are drinking round Angel. Quick bus ride then up to the Emirates. I'd avoid drinking around the stadium.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 16, 2017, 11:59:58 am by idler »
I'll do that.🙂

We are drinking round Angel. Quick bus ride then up to the Emirates. I'd avoid drinking around the stadium.
Is that for the expense or problems with locals Mr. Frost?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 16, 2017, 12:29:04 pm by MrFrost »
I'll do that.🙂

Is that for the expense or problems with locals Mr. Frost?

Just how busy it gets. You have to rock up really early if you want a few pints. It's not unknown to be waiting 40 odd minutes to get served.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 16, 2017, 05:28:17 pm by idler »
That might be to my advantage as I'll probably be the only one buying our rounds.☹️

TinyPortal © 2005-2012