Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:54:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the Leeds pitch  (Read 2581 times)

selby

• VSC Member
the Leeds pitch
« on March 16, 2019, 02:26:27 pm by selby »
  The run of the ball along the ground is the opposite to most pitches. Water is used to make the pitch "slick" in most cases. What Leeds have got is a pitch completely the opposite  that helps their pressing game in the oppositions half, no run of the ball at all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: the Leeds pitch
« Reply #1 on March 16, 2019, 02:47:48 pm by Filo »
Anyone else notice how the Leeds players sct like their fans?

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 16, 2019, 02:51:36 pm by Prez »
Made my weekend this result.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 16, 2019, 06:30:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yep, great to see them losing, especially at home. We can hope that this is the start of their usual implosion. Shame that it was not Billy who scored but you cannot have everything.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 16, 2019, 06:38:32 pm by NickDRFC »
Yep, great to see them losing, especially at home. We can hope that this is the start of their usual implosion. Shame that it was not Billy who scored but you cannot have everything.

What’s “their usual implosion”? They’ve not been close enough to achieving anything to have an implosion for years!

How they respond will be a big test of their mental strength - they were the better team by a mile so should just ignore the result, dust themselves down and get on with it, but fingers crossed the fact they’re now in 3rd means the confidence disappears and the form goes with it.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 16, 2019, 06:43:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
Oh it usually comes much earlier. Win a few at start of season...”Champions of Europe” etc..then gets a bit sticky....turn on manager...manager change....ownership change / criminal charges...sink to mid table...repeat.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 16, 2019, 10:17:57 pm by LincsRover »
It'll be awful to see their fans crying at Wembley when they lose the play off final......Again!!   :evil: :evil: :evil:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 17, 2019, 08:27:28 am by idler »
I'm far more concerned about us and teams in our league than anything happening in other divisions.
It's certainly edge of the seat stuff for us.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 17, 2019, 08:40:54 am by Campsall rover »
I'm far more concerned about us and teams in our league than anything happening in other divisions.
Agreed Idler. The obsession some Rovers fans have with Leeds is SAD.
Seems they would rather see them fail more than they wish Rovers to succeed.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 17, 2019, 09:12:57 am by NickDRFC »
Agreed Idler. The obsession some Rovers fans have with Leeds is SAD.
Seems they would rather see them fail more than they wish Rovers to succeed.

I don’t think that’s the case for anyone at all. I have two personal reasons for disliking Leeds - firstly, I went to school in Wakefield and had plenty of Leeds fan mates, and I copped almost relentless stick for being a Rovers fan. So it’s always nice to give some back. Secondly, on the walk to Wembley I was spat at by Leeds fans. That has never happened to me before or after that game, with any other set of fans. Of course it’s unfortunate that I met their idiot minority, but that sort of thing sticks with you.

There’s plenty of room in my life for a passionate love for Rovers and a healthy dislike for Leeds on the side.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 17, 2019, 11:00:43 am by Chris Black come back »
Gents - it is possible to both like Rovers and at the same time dislike Leeds (or indeed any other club). The two are not mutually exclusive.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 17, 2019, 11:09:44 am by Prez »
Gents - it is possible to both like Rovers and at the same time dislike Leeds (or indeed any other club). The two are not mutually exclusive.
[/quot

Damn right.

Overheard a plastic Leeds fan (from donny) at a poker game last week say he fkin hates Rovers. I asked him why, to which he simply replied because of wembley. Lots of Donny whites i know have a distaste for Rovers. They also plaster on social media like last night taking great delight in MUFC losing.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 17, 2019, 02:31:47 pm by idler »
I agree as long as the love for your club is stronger than your distaste for the other club.🙂

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 17, 2019, 03:47:26 pm by Campsall rover »
I agree as long as the love for your club is stronger than your distaste for the other club.
Yes that’s fair enough, but what grates me is the number of posts about Leeds and how s..t they are
instead of getting on and supporting your own club. It can’t possibly be good for your health to get so worked up about another Club.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 17, 2019, 04:40:02 pm by selby »
  Paul, they are a horrible club and set of supporters, and our fans were not dropped on their heads when babes in arms.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 17, 2019, 04:54:31 pm by Campsall rover »
  Paul, they are a horrible club and set of supporters, and our fans were not dropped on their heads when babes in arms.
Are you trying to get a response Brian?  Not biting, SORRY.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:00:04 pm by Campsall rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 17, 2019, 05:39:11 pm by selby »
 Well done Paul.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 18, 2019, 10:17:46 am by phil old leake »
Looking at blades remaining fixtures I think that they can win them all. Not saying they will but none that would scare me if I was a supporter.   Hopefully Leeds have well and truely fxxxed it up. Bielsa wont be there next season if they don’t go up   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012