Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:29:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FA Trophy  (Read 1453 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
FA Trophy
« on February 24, 2019, 09:14:04 am by roversdude »
Anyone any idea why AFC Fylde went to penalties yet other drawn game is having a replay?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: FA Trophy
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2019, 10:20:13 am by roversdude »
Strange I would have been shocked that the FA didn’t have it nailed down, until the debacle with Wilkes

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2019, 11:01:40 am by roversdude »
Cheers Rigo that clears that up. Oh the joys that success can bring

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2019, 11:02:42 am by The Red Baron »
I thought Barnet went out at Fylde. It's Leyton Orient who face the fixture pile up.

I was at Solihull Moors v Telford yesterday. A dramatic finish with ex-Rover Theo Streete being penalised for handball in the sixth minute of stoppage time. It took about five minutes with all the pushing and shoving. About five yellow cards and a red were shown. Then the Telford keeper pushed the penalty round the post. So the Moors can concentrate on the League.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2019, 11:06:02 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Think they brought it in at the start of last season - and I agree that it's a bit 'wishy washy' to say the least.

Congratulations to Barnet too, who'll win this season's award for the team to be playing 'Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday' by the end of the season. Their fixture backlog is already horrendous, yet now they have two more games to postpone and re-arrange because they're in the two-legged semis.

Rigo i believed you and had worked out it would be an all London final North v East til BBC told me Fylde filed a win on penalties perhaps they misfiled the result.

This competition is notorious for non triers over the years as the following shows

"Maidstone are off to Stockport in the FA Trophy quarter-finals after beating a young Salford side.
City, more concerned with promotion, made wholesale changes for the third-round replay at the Gallagher and United took advantage. " score 3-0

judging by results the first team would have done no better & they don't sack the manager.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012