Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:21:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Palace ticket allocation  (Read 22859 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Palace ticket allocation
« Reply #150 on February 01, 2019, 10:31:16 pm by drfchound »
Reckon the South Stand will sell out easily for this one, so no excuse not to get the place rocking like OBV always was.

With all due respect, Cantley, that is only part of the problem. The biggest problem is to get everyone joining in the singing/clapping or whatever. Too many just sit on their hands!

And then whine about or mock the atmosphere - or lack thereof - and deride the people who do make an effort, the irony completely lost on them that their lack of involvement is contributing...
The prematch build at the Keepmoat is poor and our pathetic PA system adds to the lack  of atmosphere. Our south stand is our only outlet now and it lacks a visual impact . I can’t  remember the last time there was any flags or banners . Surly those who are  passionate about the south stand should put some recommendations forward to the stadium announcement to put music on the reflects their wishes and stop playing 80s time pieces that just wash over and are lost for meaning . We a have Drummer who plays his heart out ( sometimes) but when we’re under the cosh or the games a bit flat he is SILENT!! . Heads need to get together and build a prematch the players will react too and gets ALL of the stadium involved .

I think that one big problem is that the pre match music is too loud and probably should be turned off ten minutes or so before kick off to give the fans a chance to sing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on February 01, 2019, 10:33:26 pm by Pancho Regan »
The lack of vocal support by Rovers fans has been a subject of discussion for years.

I’ve supported Rovers for 50 years and we’ve just never been known as vocal supporters.

Time after time we’ve had initiatives to try and create ‘noise’ and atmosphere.
On odd occasions it has worked. Stoke at home the other season was a good example. Our away support at Preston this season was another.

But more often than not, we are found wanting.

I wonder if part of the reason is that we don’t have our own ‘song’ ?
Our chants don’t last long enough.

‘Come on you reds’ is only ever going to get three goes.

I was impressed by Oldham the other week. They never stopped singing. And they had songs which kept going.
‘We all play in blue and tangerine’ can go on for ages.

The only song we have with any longevity is the ‘echo’ chant of ‘Grant McCann’s Red and White Army’........
This is the song which was sung loud and proud at Preston and I bet the North End fans were reluctantly impressed.

We need more of those songs which keep the momentum going.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on February 01, 2019, 10:35:00 pm by RedJ »
Agree with that. But still. If people can't be arsed to join in, you can have the best songs in the world and it'll make not one jot of difference.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on February 01, 2019, 10:37:24 pm by CantleyRed »
The lack of vocal support by Rovers fans has been a subject of discussion for years.

I’ve supported Rovers for 50 years and we’ve just never been known as vocal supporters.

On odd occasions it has worked. Stoke at home the other season was a good example. Our away support at Preston this season was another.

I was impressed by Oldham the other week. They never stopped singing. And they had songs which kept going.

The only song we have with any longevity is the ‘echo’ chant of ‘Grant McCann’s Red and White Army’........
This is the song which was sung loud and proud at Preston and I bet the North End fans were reluctantly impressed.

You will remember Sweet Molly Malone echoing round OBV then. We should be able to recapture those days. Zigger Zagger Zigger Zagger  Doncaster!

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on February 01, 2019, 10:38:59 pm by CantleyRed »
Agree with that. But still. If people can't be arsed to join in, you can have the best songs in the world and it'll make not one jot of difference.
I'm a bit old now to join in the singing but why can't everyone at least clap along with it .

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on February 01, 2019, 10:43:27 pm by Pancho Regan »
Zigger Zagger only ever lasts for two or three bursts these days.

‘Molly Malone’ is never taken up by more than a few voices.
Bristol Rovers’ fans rendition of ‘Goodnight Irene’ puts us to shame.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on February 01, 2019, 10:44:33 pm by IDM »

I am sure I remember an echo chant at Belle Vue lasting about 20 mins “Billy Bremner’s red and white army, we’re not daft we’re f**kin’ barmy..”

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on February 01, 2019, 10:45:31 pm by RedJ »
I'm a bit old now to join in the singing but why can't everyone at least clap along with it .

Well that's just it. People understand not everyone can stand and shout themselves hoarse every weekend, but even clapping adds to the volume. Many would rather sit and whinge about the din or complain they don't like such and such a song why do we sing this rather than actually do anything about it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on February 01, 2019, 10:56:40 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't often join in chants, but I do try and get a clap going along with the main tunes most of the time and it does works you'll soon get a few more in the section clapping too and the noise filters round. I'm not sure what the solution is, too many people aren't interested.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on February 01, 2019, 10:58:52 pm by RedJ »
Let's face it if the most exciting team we've had for a number of years can't get fans backing them vocally then what can you do really.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on February 01, 2019, 10:59:05 pm by CantleyRed »

I am sure I remember an echo chant at Belle Vue lasting about 20 mins “Billy Bremner’s red and white army, we’re not daft we’re f**kin’ barmy..”

Well that's just it. People understand not everyone can stand and shout themselves hoarse every weekend, but even clapping adds to the volume. Many would rather sit and whinge about the din or complain they don't like such and such a song why do we sing this rather than actually do anything about it.

The only song we have with any longevity is the ‘echo’ chant of

I remember the 20 minute Billy Bremner chant but do you remember that promotion season the crowds averaged less than 4,000 so let's not get too excited about the good old days.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on February 01, 2019, 11:07:07 pm by drfchound »

I remember the 20 minute Billy Bremner chant but do you remember that promotion season the crowds averaged less than 4,000 so let's not get too excited about the good old days.

Crikey Cantley, that must be close to being a record for a “quoted thread”.
I was beginning to wonder how far down the page it was going to go.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on February 01, 2019, 11:11:27 pm by CantleyRed »

Crikey Cantley, that must be close to being a record for a “quoted thread”.
I was beginning to wonder how far down the page it was going to go.
That made me smile hound!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on February 02, 2019, 12:25:41 am by hoolahoop »
Reckon the South Stand will sell out easily for this one, so no excuse not to get the place rocking like OBV always was.

With all due respect, Cantley, that is only part of the problem. The biggest problem is to get everyone joining in the singing/clapping or whatever. Too many just sit on their hands!

And then whine about or mock the atmosphere - or lack thereof - and deride the people who do make an effort, the irony completely lost on them that their lack of involvement is contributing...
The prematch build at the Keepmoat is poor and our pathetic PA system adds to the lack  of atmosphere. Our south stand is our only outlet now and it lacks a visual impact . I can’t  remember the last time there was any flags or banners . Surly those who are  passionate about the south stand should put some recommendations forward to the stadium announcement to put music on the reflects their wishes and stop playing 80s time pieces that just wash over and are lost for meaning . We a have Drummer who plays his heart out ( sometimes) but when we’re under the cosh or the games a bit flat he is SILENT!! . Heads need to get together and build a prematch the players will react too and gets ALL of the stadium involved .

I think that one big problem is that the pre match music is too loud and probably should be turned off ten minutes or so before kick off to give the fans a chance to sing.

EXACTLY  this has been said dozens of times before and still falls on deafened ears.

It is a footy match not an 80's disco. Failure of the supporters to ever buy into a pre- match anthem doesn't mean we can't be given time to start our own chants .

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on February 02, 2019, 12:38:03 am by hoolahoop »
A lot of our fans have been supporting Rovers since 2003. Before that they supported Leeds or still do as well.

Padge if that's correct , it's still 16 years  think what our club has done over the last 16 years . If your comment Was entirely correct then why does it always look as if have attract  a majority of older or really young fans

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on February 02, 2019, 02:17:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't think they'll bring that many. They're a shit club with delusions of grandeur. I hope Doncaster smash them.

... and then go on to beat the Winners of AFC Wimbledon v Millwall with a bit of luck

I knew we'd get a crap draw. It was nailed on to be miles away from home or somewhere we'd get a crap ticket allocation. The pubs around there will be heaving with Wall, with or without tickets.

You derided the Everton fans for roaming the streets rather than go straight in the ground
Won't be looking for a tear up carrying blades though. It's a local game and if it's on tv it's the next best thing. There'll be no crowd trouble at this game, why would there be? If Wimbledon beat us then good luck to them.

It's a local game. There'll be no trouble here.

Are you Edward or Tubbs?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on February 02, 2019, 11:02:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I wonder if the younger fans know the full version of Zigger Zagger??

The current short version is a bit of a sorry effort tbh. However, as said, it needs someone or a group to take a lead. The Black Bank Facebook page suggests there's a will there to make an effort.

It might sound daft, but writing the full version of all our songs on there maybe a start. Then the group/leaders and the drummer agree on an order of play and away you go. Practice, practice.

People will join in particularly if the game is going well.

Personally, I'd love to see a return of Bounce around the Ground. Grant McCann says.....

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on February 02, 2019, 11:07:02 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on February 02, 2019, 11:13:20 am by Donnywolf »
... or McCanns the Man (Suzi Quatro)

Palace fan in Peace

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on February 02, 2019, 11:28:46 am by Palace fan in Peace »
Hi, Hope you don't mind me popping on to your Forum in the build up to the cup match. Just wanted to exchange views on the match and ask for advice on parking and local away friendly pubs, keep up to date with ticket sales, likelihood of away allocation being increased etc.  Conversely if you want to know anything from a Palace perspective feel free to ask and I will try and answer where I can.
As a starter I would like to thank Doncaster Rovers for their pricing for the match, £10 is amazing and hopefully will generate a big passionate crowd from both sides and a full house. I think this is a great draw for both teams; have been supporting Palace for 50 years and I know we have played you several times but I can't recall any 'important' matches-relegaton deciders/place off games etc so this is a first. I have never been to Doncaster and looking forward to the match, will be driving up so any tips will be welcome.
Having read your Forum just a few comments based on some of the posts. Judging by the reaction on our Forum I think we will fill our allocation, lots of interest. Obviously we see it as a chance to progress as I am sure you do and for us it is some relief from the annual rigour of a relegation battle. I think our next two matches will decide how strong a team we put out so difficult to know at the moment. We are generally a friendly bunch (couple of idiots sadly) but generally loud but friendly and we certainly have no 'illusions of grandeur' having been a lower league team for the majority of our history, in administration twice and just 8 years ago just one day from no longer existing after being served with a winding up order. We are fortunate to be where we are at the moment but our ground is not fit for purpose and it is a struggle every year to stay in the division.
Good luck today at Pompey hope to enjoy some friendly banter in the weeks building up to the game, to our match now for another relegation 6 pointer!         

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on February 02, 2019, 12:00:06 pm by ian1980 »

Personally, I'd love to see a return of Bounce around the Ground. Grant McCann says.....

It’s chants like this that will get people started. Easy to pick up and they can keep going for sometime. Start off with chants like this to get people involved and they should start to join in more with others as well

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on February 02, 2019, 12:18:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Hi, Hope you don't mind me popping on to your Forum in the build up to the cup match. Just wanted to exchange views on the match and ask for advice on parking and local away friendly pubs, keep up to date with ticket sales, likelihood of away allocation being increased etc.  Conversely if you want to know anything from a Palace perspective feel free to ask and I will try and answer where I can.
As a starter I would like to thank Doncaster Rovers for their pricing for the match, £10 is amazing and hopefully will generate a big passionate crowd from both sides and a full house. I think this is a great draw for both teams; have been supporting Palace for 50 years and I know we have played you several times but I can't recall any 'important' matches-relegaton deciders/place off games etc so this is a first. I have never been to Doncaster and looking forward to the match, will be driving up so any tips will be welcome.
Having read your Forum just a few comments based on some of the posts. Judging by the reaction on our Forum I think we will fill our allocation, lots of interest. Obviously we see it as a chance to progress as I am sure you do and for us it is some relief from the annual rigour of a relegation battle. I think our next two matches will decide how strong a team we put out so difficult to know at the moment. We are generally a friendly bunch (couple of idiots sadly) but generally loud but friendly and we certainly have no 'illusions of grandeur' having been a lower league team for the majority of our history, in administration twice and just 8 years ago just one day from no longer existing after being served with a winding up order. We are fortunate to be where we are at the moment but our ground is not fit for purpose and it is a struggle every year to stay in the division.
Good luck today at Pompey hope to enjoy some friendly banter in the weeks building up to the game, to our match now for another relegation 6 pointer!         

You are welcome! You may find the following helpful.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/fans/away-fans/

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on February 02, 2019, 12:26:36 pm by Donnybob »
Just wanted to exchange views on the match and ask for advice on parking and local away friendly pubs, keep up to date with ticket sales, likelihood of away allocation being increased etc.         

We have an excellent SLO who will post details on the Palace forum with recommended pubs, directions to ground, parking, etc., in good time for the game.

Go to the Keepmoat web site for ticket sales. Bit of a faff as you have to check block by block to see how many are sold. We're not used to being live on the BBC so no idea how it will affect sales!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on February 02, 2019, 01:16:37 pm by graingrover »
Matchday is an event and the off pitch atmosphere has to be organised if several thousand folk are to add to it . One member of this forum Copps is Magic was instrumental in setting up flags at Black Bank . Someone else set up a group to co ordinate with the club to create the Black’Bank. Our supporters club is great at travel’ arrangements and Paul has done wonders for us in so many ways .We need another group to set up to liaise with the club on match day atmosphere ..it will nor happen spontaneously .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:22:39 pm by graingrover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on February 02, 2019, 01:25:35 pm by drfchound »
https://youtu.be/jvDK5WZXmbM

Good memories of that song DBR.

It certainly should make a comeback, great song when people join in like that.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on February 02, 2019, 01:51:29 pm by godlike1 »
What about getting entertainment, music, food stalls etc around the ground to add to the atmosphere. Will reduce the burden on the stands in the ground and create a great atmos before the game even kicks off. I'm talking a bar with a music stage and band playing outside each stand and not just outside the rovers return

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on February 02, 2019, 01:55:27 pm by andysly »
The pre match music should be used to ramp up the atmosphere in the ground not deflate it.
Do all the announcements by 14:50 and have 10 minutes of high tempo - bouncing - easy singalong stuff.
Lip up fatty, Tub thumping, Night boat to Cairo etc etc

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on February 02, 2019, 02:12:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What about getting entertainment, music, food stalls etc around the ground to add to the atmosphere. Will reduce the burden on the stands in the ground and create a great atmos before the game even kicks off. I'm talking a bar with a music stage and band playing outside each stand and not just outside the rovers return

The Fan Park with stage/food outside the BVB was a great success I thought. Not so great when they moved it inside a couple of weeks back due to the weather. And that's the problem as you can't bank on the weather at this time of year.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on February 02, 2019, 03:08:01 pm by normal rules »

That first game away at derby had my derby season ticket holder mate state we were the loudest supporters he had ever heard at their place.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on February 02, 2019, 10:16:44 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Don’t want to end up like Anfield. 2 minutes of you’ll never walk alone pre match followed by 90 minutes of silence.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012