Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:45:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230567 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #270 on February 24, 2022, 10:14:04 am by ravenrover »
Back on topic I can see that BA are still operating flights to Moscow. Tomorrow for instance from Heathrow.
Surely airlines around the world should look to sanction Russia by limiting the ability of its people to get around.
Why target just the wealthy? Whilst they hold a lot of power and influence, there would be no better way to alienate his own people from him by banning international travel in and out of Russia.

Why should airlines have to take the lead when the government could quite easily do it for them but don’t.

Airlines are already taking steps by cancelling flights to Ukraine, but that’s to protect planes and people. But they are still happy to fly to the aggressor nation. It just seems a bit daft.
The Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down over Ukraine. Perhaps that's a good enough reason.

The airlines will wait for direction as ultimately people need ferrying around.

And their freedom to overfly countries is protected.
Are you suggesting that Ukraine shot down the plane?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC_DonnyRed50

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on February 24, 2022, 10:22:02 am by DRFC_DonnyRed50 »
The irony BST that you campaigned door to door to have the worlds biggest Russian apologist elected PM

Alternatively, a lot of people on here will have voted for a party that accepts millions in donations from Russian Oligarchs as well as aggressively pursuing a Brexit that has disrupted European unity - benefiting the Russians.

Very few people can claim to be perfectly innocent over this.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on February 24, 2022, 10:23:48 am by Ldr »
No one can, and therefore the saying ppl in glass houses springs to mind. Especially when a poster on here is being attacked for been a Russian apologist by a mob who voted for one!!!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on February 24, 2022, 10:24:18 am by SydneyRover »
And presided over the renaming of the capital around the world as Londongrad

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on February 24, 2022, 10:25:33 am by SydneyRover »
No one can, and therefore the saying ppl in glass houses springs to mind. Especially when a poster on here is being attacked for been a Russian apologist by a mob who voted for one!!!

Corbyn never accepted money on behalf of the labour party from Russia.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on February 24, 2022, 10:27:33 am by Ldr »
I don’t believe I said he had. But thanks for clarifying things I haven’t said

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on February 24, 2022, 10:30:20 am by SydneyRover »
It appears you need to be reminded because it's one thing talking about it in opposition to actually being in power and giving the mob the keys to the city aye?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on February 24, 2022, 10:32:40 am by Ldr »
No I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of people hounding AL when they voted for someone who was the same that’s all

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on February 24, 2022, 10:33:10 am by Metalmicky »
Here we go - yet another thread derailed...... can't we keep to the thread theme for once.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #279 on February 24, 2022, 10:35:56 am by SydneyRover »
No I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of people hounding AL when they voted for someone who was the same that’s all

not the same, but believe what you wish. Corbyn was a dill but didn't hide anything yet you want to equate him with jellyback and the government that has actually financed their party through donations and killed off any inquiry into the mob's interference in brexit or the election.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on February 24, 2022, 10:39:34 am by Ldr »
No as usual you choose to misrepresent what I have said. I’m comparing Corbyns views on Russia to ALs and condemning as hypocritical those that condemn AL but were happy to see Corbyn as PM. You’re better than this lying Syd. See what I am saying and attack on that if you choose but don’t try and drag me into your agenda because as I have stated numerous times I Think all politicians at all levels representing any party are kitsons

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on February 24, 2022, 10:40:41 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a very interesting take when it's the right thats said to be to close to Russia.....

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on February 24, 2022, 10:42:13 am by SydneyRover »
It's a very interesting take when it's the right thats said to be to close to Russia.....

Not ''said to be'' pud are close to Russian taking their money and covering their collective arses.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on February 24, 2022, 10:42:38 am by Axholme Lion »
Well the Russians have invaded, time to boot out all the dodgy Russians in this Country and confiscate all their UK assets, and for NATO to make it clear that put one step on NATO soil and it’s full scale military confrontation, Belarus must also be sanctioned, the free world can not allow this to happen

The West caused the whole situation over the past thirty years by breaking promises about eastern expansion of Nato.

The bombing was NATO's second major combat operation, following the 1995 bombing campaign in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was the first time that NATO had used military force without the expressed endorsement of the UN Security Council, which triggered debates over the legitimacy of the intervention.

Every sovereign Country as the right to determine it’s own future, the biggest mistake Ukraine made was trusting the Russians word and giving their Nukes to them, if Ukraine had Nukes the madman that is Putin would not have been so bold, how you can defend unprovoked aggression is beyond me

Like bombing Sarajevo, Libya, Iraq. Oh yes Nato are really trustworthy. People in glass houses...

United Nations, NATO has only ever attacked the Taliban regime in Afgan in the War on Terror

You mention trustworthy, only days ago Russia said they had no intention of invading Ukraine, Putin and Russia can not be trusted

Donbass and Luhansk is not Ukraine.

Like having a Putin megaphone in here.

I've said before, this person would have supported Hitler. He's showing us why here. Absolutely disgraceful.

Go away silly boy.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on February 24, 2022, 10:43:52 am by selby »
  For those suggesting we post British forces overseas we only have 80 thousand now, The Ukraine have about 140 thousand are on home soil and who would bet it will be over in more than 2weeks and Putin will have other armies in reserve bigger than ours.
  We had a chance and let them get up off the floor when they were down, saw their natural recourses as a cheap alternative to ours, little realising that eventually when we had closed down industries, and reduced our armed forces, the boot would be on the other foot.
   Well you reap what you sow, we are a play thing now depending on the USA for proper protection, have caved in to a new light touch education and civil movement, and have ended up with a core of educated idiots ruling the roost, spouting S**T. and not being able to see as far as their own nose ends where all this is leading to.
  Countries like North Korea and Iran have run rings around us for years, Russia can just blow us away that is reality and we have only ourselves to blame.
  I wonder how many would sit in front of the tanks on a motorway? that probably would be our tactics.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on February 24, 2022, 10:44:43 am by normal rules »
the rouble is tanking and will have to be propped up

The rouble has been in steady decline over the last 5 years.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on February 24, 2022, 10:46:22 am by SydneyRover »
No as usual you choose to misrepresent what I have said. I’m comparing Corbyns views on Russia to ALs and condemning as hypocritical those that condemn AL but were happy to see Corbyn as PM. You’re better than this lying Syd. See what I am saying and attack on that if you choose but don’t try and drag me into your agenda because as I have stated numerous times I Think all politicians at all levels representing any party are kitsons

I don't happen to share your batty view that all politicians are the same, you've said it often enough maybe it's time to prove it.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on February 24, 2022, 10:48:21 am by Ldr »
Why would I even consider justifying my opinion to anyone? I don’t care if you agree or not, what you think is of little consequence, I don’t mean that in an antagonistic way it’s just a fact mate

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on February 24, 2022, 10:48:31 am by Axholme Lion »
Well the Russians have invaded, time to boot out all the dodgy Russians in this Country and confiscate all their UK assets, and for NATO to make it clear that put one step on NATO soil and it’s full scale military confrontation, Belarus must also be sanctioned, the free world can not allow this to happen

The West caused the whole situation over the past thirty years by breaking promises about eastern expansion of Nato.

The bombing was NATO's second major combat operation, following the 1995 bombing campaign in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was the first time that NATO had used military force without the expressed endorsement of the UN Security Council, which triggered debates over the legitimacy of the intervention.

Every sovereign Country as the right to determine it’s own future, the biggest mistake Ukraine made was trusting the Russians word and giving their Nukes to them, if Ukraine had Nukes the madman that is Putin would not have been so bold, how you can defend unprovoked aggression is beyond me

Like bombing Sarajevo, Libya, Iraq. Oh yes Nato are really trustworthy. People in glass houses...

United Nations, NATO has only ever attacked the Taliban regime in Afgan in the War on Terror

You mention trustworthy, only days ago Russia said they had no intention of invading Ukraine, Putin and Russia can not be trusted

Donbass and Luhansk is not Ukraine.

AL , with the greatest respect, the movement of Russian troops this morning is not just in these areas. There are troop movements into Ukraine from Belarus in the north, which is hundreds of kilometres from Luhansk and Donbas. And very close to Kyiv.

I would imagine they are trying to nullify the Ukraine military threat to their activity in the said regions. I doubt it will be a permanent occupation. I don't think that's what want. Protection of the new republics and a buffer zone of a non aligned Ukraine to the west seems a fair result. All this could have been achieved without violence but no one in the west was listening. All totally avoidable.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on February 24, 2022, 10:49:05 am by SydneyRover »

''Rouble falls to all-time low
The Russian central bank will step into the market to support the rouble, it said on Thursday, as the currency crashed to an all-time low, Reuters reports.

Moscow correspondent Pjotr Sauer writes that cash exchange points in the Russian capital have stopped trading roubles for dollars and euros. At a popular exchange point on the Tverskaya street the office manager said that they stopped converting roubles “two hours ago” as the Russian currency further spirals.

Here are the key points on the rouble’s slide from Reuters:''

the Guardian live

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on February 24, 2022, 10:50:22 am by normal rules »
Good shout from a pm in Ukraine.
Kick out any sons and daughters of any oligarchs who are currently studying in european universities.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on February 24, 2022, 10:53:12 am by normal rules »

''Rouble falls to all-time low
The Russian central bank will step into the market to support the rouble, it said on Thursday, as the currency crashed to an all-time low, Reuters reports.

Moscow correspondent Pjotr Sauer writes that cash exchange points in the Russian capital have stopped trading roubles for dollars and euros. At a popular exchange point on the Tverskaya street the office manager said that they stopped converting roubles “two hours ago” as the Russian currency further spirals.

Here are the key points on the rouble’s slide from Reuters:''

the Guardian live

Putin and co will have factored this in. They will have hoarded foreign currency to insulate themselves from sanctions. Probably since 2014.They will go cap in hand to the Chinese if need be. Russia is prepared to take the hit, and will have plans to deal with this .
I cannot imagine Putin would not have expected this.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on February 24, 2022, 10:53:40 am by normal rules »
Rouble for last 5 days.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on February 24, 2022, 10:54:31 am by normal rules »
And last 5 years.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on February 24, 2022, 10:54:50 am by SydneyRover »
Dropped nearly 10% of it's value to an all time low and then propped up, but agreed it has been in a steady decline.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:57:50 am by SydneyRover »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on February 24, 2022, 11:01:55 am by River Don »
Brent crude trading at just under $105 now.

Glad I filled up yesterday.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on February 24, 2022, 11:05:24 am by River Don »
David Davis has just said the RAF should give the Ukrainians air support.

Madness.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 11:11:37 am by River Don »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #297 on February 24, 2022, 11:12:52 am by normal rules »
Ffs. Rolls Royce shares have tanked 20% overnight .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #298 on February 24, 2022, 11:14:04 am by normal rules »
David Davis has just said the RAF should give the Ukrainians air support.

Madness.

That Tobias Elwood had a rush of blood to the head also earlier suggesting we should deploy troops into Ukraine. What a whopper.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on February 24, 2022, 11:17:14 am by SydneyRover »
''Russian ratings agency ACRA estimates that the country's banks imported $5 billion worth of banknotes in foreign currencies in December, up from $2.65 billion a year before, in a pre-emptive step in case of sanctions that create increased demand''

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/21/business/russian-banks-foreign-cash-sanctions/index.html#:~:text=Russian%20ratings%20agency%20ACRA%20estimates,sanctions%20that%20create%20increased%20demand.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012