Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:38:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230385 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #510 on February 26, 2022, 08:17:41 pm by scawsby steve »
How can this maniac succeed? Almost the whole world is against him, and I'm pretty sure most Russians are.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone assassinated him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #511 on February 26, 2022, 08:18:01 pm by Filo »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #512 on February 26, 2022, 08:19:06 pm by Filo »
How can this maniac succeed? Almost the whole world is against him, and I'm pretty sure most Russians are.

They would have to get to his bunker first in the mountains, he’s a bully and a coward

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #513 on February 26, 2022, 08:21:14 pm by River Don »
Oh man,

Sky have just shown footage of a Ukranian soldier striding unflinching through a fire fight. Ranting about Russian f**king animals with a British anti tank launcher on his shoulder.

He signs off "I swear I'll never speak Russian again.

They've just shown it again. I'm not sure if he's brave or just incandescent with anger. Whatever it's impressive, like something out of Apocalypse Now. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

I couldn't believe what I was watching when I saw this guy .

I'm going with brave and highly motivated and prepared to die to defend his country .

Has anyone got a link to this. I don’t have sky tv.

Tried finding it on YouTube Hound but it's not listed for some reason .

Don't know why .

Yeah, I googled it too and it didn’t come up with anything.
Maybe the Russians have blocked it.

Sky News keep showing it. Freeview channel 233.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #514 on February 26, 2022, 08:23:17 pm by tyke1962 »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #515 on February 26, 2022, 08:25:48 pm by tyke1962 »

The West including this government have created this bstrd Steve .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #516 on February 26, 2022, 08:31:12 pm by drfchound »

They would have to get to his bunker first in the mountains, he’s a bully and a coward

Where is 007 when you need him?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #517 on February 26, 2022, 09:02:39 pm by SydneyRover »
I've ran the full range of emotions today - really strange as I have no connection to the Ukraine.

I was in tears when saw a live report of all the people signing up and a work chain being formed to make Molotov cocktails..
I was angered when I saw the false reports from the Putin pack and the Russian media..
and I felt great pride in the united response of the European nations...... and the Russian public.

I'm also fast becoming a fan of President Volodymyr Zelensky...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-60539193

I felt an overwhelming sense of doom on Thursday and Friday - but today I feel like I'm sitting in my Ukrainian T-shirt and willing them on...

I've just given money to the cause, but can't help but feel that I wish I could do more for the people of my now second favourite country....... so very brave and resilient...

Can you post the details please MM, we were discussing how we could do this last night.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #518 on February 26, 2022, 09:27:33 pm by BobG »
I'd like to know too please.

BobG

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #519 on February 26, 2022, 09:32:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's just mental watching those videos in 2022.  Crazy.

I do have some sympathy for the Russians fighting. Like any army they're following orders of their government and in many many cases paying the ultimate price.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #520 on February 26, 2022, 09:35:30 pm by albie »
The best thing the UK could do right now is removing visa restrictions on people fleeing war zones.

The UK Nationality Bill gives the right to remove asylum claims from war refugees for a range of spurious criteria, none of which are relevant to the need to evacuate for personal safety.

Any politician who opposes offering support to refugees in these circumstances is a moral leper of the worst kind.
We managed to find visa approvals for Russian oligarchs in their droves when we were looking to enable money laundering on an industrial scale.

Let your MP know that this is the least we can do!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #521 on February 26, 2022, 09:36:24 pm by tyke1962 »

I do have some sympathy for the Russians fighting. Like any army they're following orders of their government and in many many cases paying the ultimate price.

Very true , Putin does not represent the Russian people .

I think that's a point that you've highlighted that we need to remember .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #522 on February 26, 2022, 09:40:41 pm by River Don »

Most of those young lads don't know why they are there, they did not even know they would have to fight. Some are horrified at having to engage with Ukraianians.

This is the work of a few powerful old men. If only the wider Russian population understood what was going on, they'd string them up on gallows in red square.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 10:14:47 pm by River Don »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #523 on February 26, 2022, 09:42:18 pm by Filo »

Very true , Putin does not represent the Russian people .

I think that's a point that you've highlighted that we need to remember .

I think what almost the whole world wants to see now is Putin swinging by the neck on the end of a rope

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #524 on February 26, 2022, 09:50:21 pm by BobG »
Give it time... If the Ukrainians choose to fight on, a la the Mujahadin in the 80s, or the Vietcong in the 70s, this will become bestial, evil and, eventually, when the Russian body count is high enough, the funeral pyre of Putin's Russia.

Snag is, it will take a very long time and it will be the Ukrainians and ordinary Russians who pay the price

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #525 on February 26, 2022, 09:52:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's fascinating in that for the very first time the reality of war is being beamed to people's phones almost in real time. I wonder if Putin has failed to grasp the effect that has on public opinion. Not in Russia, where his lackeys are controlling what people can see. But everywhere else.

I'm guessing he was counting on a quick win, with Europe and America then accepting the fait accompli and going back to business as usual.

But that's not going to happen. There's going to be carnage, street by street in Kviy and Kharkov. And voters in the West are going to see it on their screens. And no democracy is every going to find an accommodation with Putin ever again.

f**k his gas.

f**k his money.

f**k his football teams.

f**k him and the cancer he brings to the world.

If civilians in Ukraine can stand in front of tanks, and prepare trenches in their own city centres, the least we can do, the absolute least, is to take some economic pain to make sure this evil bas**rd is isolated and forced to shrivel away. 

And hold to account any domestic politician who so much as breathes a word about business as usual with Russia until he has gone.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #526 on February 26, 2022, 09:56:26 pm by tyke1962 »
It's fascinating in that for the very first time the reality of war is being beamed to people's phones almost in real time. I wonder if Putin has failed to grasp the effect that has on public opinion. Not in Russia, where his lackeys are controlling what people can see. But everywhere else.

I'm guessing he was counting on a quick win, with Europe and America then accepting the fait accompli and going back to business as usual.

But that's not going to happen. There's going to be carnage, street by street in Kviy and Kharkov. And voters in the West are going to see it on their screens. And no democracy is every going to find an accommodation with Putin ever again.

f**k his gas.

f**k his money.

f**k his football teams.

If civilians in Ukraine can stand in front of tanks, and prepare trenches in their own city centres, the least we can do, the absolute least, is to take some economic pain to make sure this evil bas**rd is isolated and forced to shrivel away. 

And hold to account any domestic politician who so much as breathes a word about business as usual with Russia until he has gone.

When Orban turns his back on you then you know your fuqed .
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 10:14:39 pm by tyke1962 »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #527 on February 26, 2022, 10:03:04 pm by tyke1962 »
I've never known a conflict abroad that has captured so many hearts and minds .

I'm personally massively emotionally involved where as in other conflicts I wasn't so .

I don't know why but in any case it doesn't much matter .

Maybe it's everything that's wrong with this world that's getting played out in Ukraine .

Maybe this is a turning point , it fecking should be .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #528 on February 26, 2022, 10:04:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

f**k his gas.

f**k his money.

f**k his football teams.

When Oban turns his back on you then you know your fuqed .

Precisely what I mean. Orban has locked Putin's arse and done his bidding in Europe for 15 years. But the Hungarians aren't idiots. They see what is happening next door. And Orban knows that he has to distance himself or be swept away.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #529 on February 26, 2022, 10:05:12 pm by River Don »
As Johnny Vegas said to John Lydon, I'll defeat you with love.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #530 on February 26, 2022, 10:06:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've never known a conflict abroad that has captured so many hearts and minds .

I'm personally massively emotionally involved where as in other conflicts I wasn't so .

I don't know why but in any case it doesn't much matter .

Maybe it's everything that's wrong with this world that's getting played out in Ukraine .

Maybe this is a turning point , it fecking should be .

There's not been as black and white a case of illegal aggression for years...decades even. There's no shades of grey in this.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #531 on February 26, 2022, 10:13:09 pm by Filo »
On flight radar at this very moment two Russian military planes, probably carrying airborne troops are fly directly toward Kyiv

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #532 on February 26, 2022, 10:25:15 pm by tyke1962 »
On flight radar at this very moment two Russian military planes, probably carrying airborne troops are fly directly toward Kyiv

Aye and many of them will die on the streets of Kyiv .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #533 on February 26, 2022, 10:31:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Breaking. Russia is being kicked off SWIFT. This is big.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #534 on February 26, 2022, 10:33:11 pm by drfchound »
Genuine question lads.
Can the average Russian citizen, living in Russia, see from the internet and FaceTime etc, what we can see.
Or is there some kind of block in place preventing that.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #535 on February 26, 2022, 10:35:58 pm by tyke1962 »
Breaking. Russia is being kicked off SWIFT. This is big.

Absolutely .

We have to absorb the pain too to stop this bstrd .

What ever this decision leads to for me personally well feck it .

I'll still be alive tomorow and many Ukrainians won't be .

It's all I have .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #536 on February 26, 2022, 10:37:56 pm by River Don »
Genuine question lads.
Can the average Russian citizen, living in Russia, see from the internet and FaceTime etc, what we can see.

It seems those who are tech savvy know what's going on. Those with links abroad too.

Those who rely on state TV news and RT are in the dark. There are still a lot of people in Russia who only get information from official sources.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #537 on February 26, 2022, 10:39:14 pm by tyke1962 »
Genuine question lads.

Probably depends on how good you are navigating the restrictions Hound .

Probably most Russians as over here aren't that tech .

They get the news that's presented to them .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #538 on February 26, 2022, 10:55:06 pm by drfchound »
Genuine question lads.

It seems those who are tech savvy know what's going on. Those with links abroad too.

Those who rely on state TV news and RT are in the dark. There are still a lot of people in Russia who only get information from official sources.

Yep, I understand about the state tv etc.
So it appears to be that the average citizen doesn’t have access to FaceTime or even Facebook then, or the internet.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #539 on February 26, 2022, 10:56:00 pm by Filo »
Genuine question lads.

Reports on twitter that the anonymous hackers group have hacked Russian TV and a broadcasting what is happening in Ukraine

TinyPortal © 2005-2012