Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:53:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230543 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #840 on March 02, 2022, 06:06:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Georgia now asking for immediate EU membership.

Meanwhile, Nicola Sturgeon will be boiling if they let Ukraine and Georgia in first!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #841 on March 02, 2022, 06:25:31 pm by Filo »
Belarus, Eritra, North Korea and Syria, what fine upstanding mates Russia has

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #842 on March 02, 2022, 06:27:52 pm by River Don »
The Germans are considering burning more coal to reduce their reliance on Russian gas.

The European natural gas prices are spiking again. They are talking about more big hikes in energy bills in the UK next autumn on top of what is coming in April.

Should we consider cranking up our old coal fired powerstations during this very difficult period?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #843 on March 02, 2022, 06:35:49 pm by normal rules »
Love this.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #844 on March 02, 2022, 06:36:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The Germans are considering burning more coal to reduce their reliance on Russian gas.

The European natural gas prices are spiking again. They are talking about more big hikes in energy bills in the UK next autumn on top of what is coming in April.

Should we consider cranking up our old coal fired powerstations during this very difficult period?

No, not really. Our governments should find a method to use their reserves or levers to control the pricing within the market.  But we shouldn't forget global warming which is a bigger threat than the current war.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #845 on March 02, 2022, 06:40:37 pm by River Don »
Another mildly amusing story on this very serious thread.

One of the papers, think it was the Mirror had a story of a Ukranian farmer who'd seen a group of Russian soldiers scarper, leaving behind a large vehicle. So he set fire to it.

It turned out to be a $120,000 missle system.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #846 on March 02, 2022, 06:42:21 pm by River Don »

No, not really. Our governments should find a method to use their reserves or levers to control the pricing within the market.  But we shouldn't forget global warming which is a bigger threat than the current war.

I understand all that but they are predicting a £3,000 average household energy bill next winter. That's frightening.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #847 on March 02, 2022, 06:57:09 pm by Sprotyrover »
I have read the article on Russian logistics posted by BST,very interesting! I also looked at the land North of Kiev and hey you got the river Pripet, the famous Pripet marshes were a problem for the Germans in the last World war, now the mild wet Winter will have made vast areas of land between Kiev and Beliorussia turn into Quagmires, hence the Russians bunching up at least 2 Armoured divisions on that road, their Trucks are restricted to that Tarmac Road, plus the Russian Army is geared up for a very Short advance and then to hold ground and re supply. They were geared up for annexing the small Baltic states and grabbing a small piece of land in Eastern Poland then digging in for 'FAIT ACCOMPLI' .that Northern Force is struggling to re supply as it's a long way from Russia to the 'Front' from Russia via Beilo Russia. A Dozen Hellcat armed Drones attacking the head of the snake would really phish on Putins Strawberries. If I were Fanny Biden that's what I would be considering.Can't se it happening with all of the 'Wokes' running things.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #848 on March 02, 2022, 07:00:50 pm by River Don »
I wonder if the Americans have got some old Warthogs hanging around that they could donate?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #849 on March 02, 2022, 07:01:00 pm by Filo »
Four Russian fighter planes have violated Swedish airspace

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #850 on March 02, 2022, 07:02:12 pm by drfchound »
Fascinating how much bile Dianne Abbott brings out of certain people.

Fascinating how people forgive her mistakes but not those of others.
Expected of you though.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 07:04:20 pm by drfchound »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #851 on March 02, 2022, 07:09:24 pm by drfchound »

Filo, do you think Putin is hoping for a NATO reaction to that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #852 on March 02, 2022, 07:18:22 pm by Filo »

I’m no expert, far from it, but to me it looks like he’s testing the waters, see how Sweden react, if anything he is pushung Sweden and Finland toward NATO

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #853 on March 02, 2022, 07:20:17 pm by drfchound »

I’m no expert, far from it, but to me it looks like he’s testing the waters, see how Sweden react, if anything he is pushung Sweden and Finland toward NATO

Yep, my thoughts too.  He knows that countries will be reluctant to engage.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #854 on March 02, 2022, 07:25:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I have read the article on Russian logistics posted by BST,very interesting! I also looked at the land North of Kiev and hey you got the river Pripet, the famous Pripet marshes were a problem for the Germans in the last World war, now the mild wet Winter will have made vast areas of land between Kiev and Beliorussia turn into Quagmires, hence the Russians bunching up at least 2 Armoured divisions on that road, their Trucks are restricted to that Tarmac Road, plus the Russian Army is geared up for a very Short advance and then to hold ground and re supply. They were geared up for annexing the small Baltic states and grabbing a small piece of land in Eastern Poland then digging in for 'FAIT ACCOMPLI' .that Northern Force is struggling to re supply as it's a long way from Russia to the 'Front' from Russia via Beilo Russia. A Dozen Hellcat armed Drones attacking the head of the snake would really phish on Putins Strawberries. If I were Fanny Biden that's what I would be considering.Can't se it happening with all of the 'Wokes' running things.

Kyiv. Kiev is the Russian name.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #855 on March 02, 2022, 07:43:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Didn't take long for "Woke" to take on the meaning "tied up with issues that are too complex for me to even begin to comprehend, but which I know I don't like."

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #856 on March 02, 2022, 08:23:29 pm by drfcdrfc »
Fascinating how much bile Dianne Abbott brings out of certain people.

Fascinating how people forgive her mistakes but not those of others.
Expected of you though.

Big difference between a mistake and an outright f**king lie.

Imagine being the guy that latches onto mistakes...

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #857 on March 02, 2022, 08:25:30 pm by Sprotyrover »
Didn't take long for "Woke" to take on the meaning "tied up with issues that are too complex for me to even begin to comprehend, but which I know I don't like."
Billy wind your neck in you are typical of what is wrong with today's society!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #858 on March 02, 2022, 08:29:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty.

If Biden makes a mistake over this, we are looking at WWIII.

You are complaining that "woke" is stopping him taking that risk?

Jesus...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #859 on March 02, 2022, 08:32:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Billy wind your neck in you are typical of what is wrong with today's society!

Omg Sproty, why are you being so woke.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #860 on March 02, 2022, 09:15:03 pm by Sprotyrover »
Sproty.

Jesus...
Bettaris Box mate my attitude affects your attitude etc and the West has collectively Beeb sending that Idiot Putin the wrong messages!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #861 on March 02, 2022, 09:26:48 pm by wilts rover »
Sproty.

Jesus...
Bettaris Box mate my attitude affects your attitude etc and the West has collectively Beeb sending that Idiot Putin the wrong messages!

Aye - give us your money - you can do what you want.

Poison a defector in London. No problem. Spread novichok around Salisbury - would you like to buy this mansion? Thank you for the donation, fancy a game of tennis? Yes Vlad, I'll vote Brexit to try and split up the EU. What Russia Report - never heard of it.

But I blame Biden.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #862 on March 02, 2022, 09:37:33 pm by normal rules »
An epic blunder by Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko has revealed Putin's military strategy in eastern Europe. Lukashenko's map appeared to show a planned Russian offensive on Moldova. Could this ex-Soviet state be Putin's next target?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #863 on March 02, 2022, 09:40:29 pm by scawsby steve »
Genuine question. Does the fact that Putin knows that the West is sh*t scared of him make him more dangerous or less dangerous?

The West is being seen by some Ukrainians as simply standing by and doing nothing to help them. Are we doing the right thing?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #864 on March 02, 2022, 11:22:42 pm by SydneyRover »
Starmer at PMQs exposed lots of holes in legislation to be brought into the house on Monday, let's hope that these amendments are accepted and it stops rich russian criminals liquidating their assets in the UK and spiriting the proceeds away to yet another criminal laundromat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwASG1DkwC0

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #865 on March 02, 2022, 11:41:15 pm by SydneyRover »
This link describes it better

''Igor Shuvalov: the former Russian deputy PM with an £11m flat in Whitehall''

It takes Nalvalny to expose it and the opposition leader to bring it to parliament's attention to force johnson to do something that should have been done years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/02/keir-starmer-calls-uk-blacklist-russian-crony-igor-shuvalov

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #866 on March 03, 2022, 12:06:26 am by SydneyRover »
Genuine question. Does the fact that Putin knows that the West is sh*t scared of him make him more dangerous or less dangerous?

The West is being seen by some Ukrainians as simply standing by and doing nothing to help them. Are we doing the right thing?

Genuine answer: here's a story about a government in the west that helped give confidence to putin that it was all going swimmingly.

''Under Cameron, May and Johnson, Russia-linked donors were given access to senior ministers in exchange for cash. This culminated in the absurd spectacle of Cameron and Boris Johnson auctioning themselves off for a game of tennis with Lubov Chernukhin, the wife of a former minister to Putin.

Even after the Russian President’s assassins attempted to murder Sergei Skripal on the streets of Salisbury in 2018, the flow of cash continued.

Despite May’s promise of a “full and robust response” to the attack, donations to the Conservative Party from individuals linked to Russia actually increased in the years that followed. Just last week, The Times revealed that Chernukhin, who was also pictured alongside Theresa May and Liz Truss, had bought herself into a special “advisory board” of Conservative donors which meets regularly with the Prime Minister to discuss Government policy.

Johnson’s own connections to wealthy Russians have also been well documented.

In 2020, he overruled officials in order to hand a peerage to Evgeny Lebedev, who is the son of a Russian oligarch and former KGB agent. Evgeny Lebedev – whose newspaper the Evening Standard backed Johnson’s re-election campaign for London Mayor – repeatedly hosted Johnson at his Italian villa. The Conservative Party’s close ties to Russian influence led to Johnson repeatedly being photographed standing alongside suspected Russian agents''

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/02/24/boris-johnson-allowed-russian-interference-into-the-uk-as-putin-prepared-for-war/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #867 on March 03, 2022, 12:23:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I always wondered what the people who said we shouldn't accept Jewish refugees in the 1930s looked like.

https://youtu.be/8VgIpAnWeiM

Where to even begin...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #868 on March 03, 2022, 01:42:45 am by SydneyRover »
Maybe putin felt safe, after all his henchmen were playing tennis with the mayor of london, especially as he was on the shag and not paying attention, what good luck it has been to have such a useful idiot in charge and then help get him promoted with financial support through his party?

John Le Carre' eat your heart out.

'‘It’s about bloody time’: UK finally moves to block Russia’s ‘dirty money’''

''Not only are super-mansions in London and the home counties a safe bet from an investment point of view, but the ability to disguise ownership via a labyrinthine network of shell companies offers a degree of anonymity to those who prefer their financial dealings to remain secret.

On top of that, the Companies House database – the repository for details of UK-registered businesses – has become almost a punchline to a pretty bad joke.

Information is often missing, incomplete or obviously fake. Directors have been registered in the name of Adolf Tooth Fairy Hitler and Judas Superadio Iskariot, without anyone batting an eyelid. Information can be hard to search for and the website crashes or times out on a regular basis''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/28/its-about-bloody-time-uk-finally-moves-to-block-russias-dirty-money

« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 02:09:12 am by SydneyRover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #869 on March 03, 2022, 07:11:32 am by normal rules »
Former MI6 boss John Sawer explains the situation well to Oxford Students.
https://youtu.be/Yw5lzKVn3sc

His most significant point for me is that Putin  should be allowed a way out of this. We must not make him the cornered rat, he might do that himself of course.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 07:14:55 am by normal rules »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012