Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:51:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230568 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #930 on March 03, 2022, 07:08:04 pm by drfchound »
I’ve just seen the tv news and am distraught for those poor people who have had their village decimated by Russian missiles.
It breaks my heart to what has happened to them.
No strategic military positions there so why the f**k has Russia targeted them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #931 on March 03, 2022, 07:16:47 pm by tyke1962 »
I’ve just seen the tv news and am distraught for those poor people who have had their village decimated by Russian missiles.
It breaks my heart to what has happened to them.
No strategic military positions there so why the f**k has Russia targeted them.

Not only breaking my heart too Hound but I'm starting to feel real anger and frustration .

The West need to raise their game in my opinion and do way way more than they are .

Absolutely sick and tired of every fecker running scared of this tyrant tw@t.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #932 on March 03, 2022, 07:21:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Heard that the opposition parties in Russia are calling for all Russians to stage a mass anti war protest in their respective cities this Sunday.

They're hoping for numbers that will overwhelm the Police and leave Russia media unable to sweep it under the carpet.

Will be interesting to see how many are brave enough to turn out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #933 on March 03, 2022, 07:26:47 pm by drfchound »
Quote from: Filo on Today at 09:34:48 am
I can only think that either the vast majority of Russians are not aware of whats happening, or don’t care, or there would be much larger demonstrations and unrest in Russian City’s

Quote by hound earlier today:
Apparently all protests have to be sanctioned.
Even if sanctioned protests go ahead I read that peaceful protestors could find themselves with an eight year jail sentence and it a protest gets violent then the punishment would be fifteen years in jail. 

The protestors would have to be very brave DBR given the penalties they may have to deal with.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #934 on March 03, 2022, 07:30:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Heard that the opposition parties in Russia are calling for all Russians to stage a mass anti war protest in their respective cities this Sunday.

They're hoping for numbers that will overwhelm the Police and leave Russia media unable to sweep it under the carpet.

Will be interesting to see how many are brave enough to turn out.

It all depends on how many they can turn out I guess.

Even Putin's police can't arrest a million people on a demo. And if they take up position outside the Kremlin...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #935 on March 03, 2022, 07:36:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Can it even be denied Wilts now?

Been saying it for a long time.

Johnson's response to the Intelligence Committee's public presentation of the Russia Report was bone chilling. The committee said they couldnt understand why Johnson hadn't authorised the Security Services to search for firm evidence that Putin was affecting our election results. Johnson said he wouldn't because he hadn't seen any evidence that it was happening.

That was a UK PM being told by security and intelligence advisers that there was a prima facie case that an enemy power was undermining our democracy. And the PM just brushing it aside.

Add that to the millions of pounds that Putin's kleptocrats have given the Tories and it stunk to high heaven.

Now add the refusal to sanction those kleptocrats and the whole picture is there. If you want to see it.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #936 on March 03, 2022, 11:45:59 pm by Colin C No.3 »
AND this is happening in an ‘open democratic country’ with a free press!
Other nations must look at us as Bozo plays ‘Churchill’ & think…’you’re having a laugh’!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #937 on March 04, 2022, 12:00:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Plus there's Johnson's numerous lost weekends at the Tuscan palace of the son of an ex-KGB colonel. And Johnson's thanks being to raise him to the Lord's as Baron Lebedev of Siberia. It would be too obvious a plot for a trash spy novel.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #938 on March 04, 2022, 12:04:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And Lebedev has a pet wolf/dog called Boris. The sort of pet that comes calling when whistled, but can do its job and frighten off anyone who might intend to get too close to you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #939 on March 04, 2022, 12:36:56 am by SydneyRover »
And here's boris the dog after playing fetch ........

knackered and dishevelled ''Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs'' looked liked he's slept in his suit''

''A trip Boris Johnson made to Italy for a party held by a billionaire socialite ended with the then foreign secretary at an airport “looking like he had slept in his clothes”, struggling to walk in a straight line and telling other passengers he had had a heavy night, the Guardian has been told''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/26/boris-johnson-security-evgeny-lebedev-perugia-party

no security, no questions, noone home

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #940 on March 04, 2022, 12:46:45 am by ChrisBx »
Ukraine and Europe's biggest nuclear power plant is currently on fire after "continuous shelling".

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #941 on March 04, 2022, 01:03:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And here's boris the dog after playing fetch ........

knackered and dishevelled ''Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs'' looked liked he's slept in his suit''

''A trip Boris Johnson made to Italy for a party held by a billionaire socialite ended with the then foreign secretary at an airport “looking like he had slept in his clothes”, struggling to walk in a straight line and telling other passengers he had had a heavy night, the Guardian has been told''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/26/boris-johnson-security-evgeny-lebedev-perugia-party

no security, no questions, noone home

That story just beggars belief. How the f**k can that man be in charge of the country? He's a multiple security risk on steroids.

If he applied for a senior civil service job that required Developed Vetting, he'd get ripped to bits in the interview.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #942 on March 04, 2022, 07:22:32 am by Filo »
Ukraine and Europe's biggest nuclear power plant is currently on fire after "continuous shelling".

It’s getting to the point where NATO has to decide wether to stick or twist, in my opinion this is Mad Vlad trying to provoke a reaction, so he can justify using Nukes, someone inside Russia needs to take him out sharpish

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #943 on March 04, 2022, 07:46:32 am by SydneyRover »
What about the people of the Ukraine standing between the russian forces and the target, the nuclear plant. Impossibly brave.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #944 on March 04, 2022, 08:59:50 am by SydneyRover »
''The UK has sanctioned two new billionaire allies of Vladimir Putin, amid growing pressure to speed up the crackdown on Russian oligarchs, with delays blamed on legal issues and poor preparation''

''Whitehall insiders have warned that legal change is needed or the government’s full list could take as long as six months and blamed a lack of preparatory work in the run-up to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine'

The government didn't appear to have any problems creating a hostile environment against its own citizens that were not criminals.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/03/uk-imposes-sanctions-on-russian-billionaire-and-former-deputy-pm

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #945 on March 04, 2022, 10:27:36 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
What about the people of the Ukraine standing between the russian forces and the target, the nuclear plant. Impossibly brave.

Putin will know that everyone will sh*t themselves with his forces attacking the plants but, he's just after control of them rather than to destroy them.

Once again,  both Russia and Ukraine might use this as a stick to try and draw NATO into the conflict.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #946 on March 04, 2022, 11:45:01 am by idler »
It will be interesting how history judges this government and the major players when all the facts are finally in the public domain.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #947 on March 04, 2022, 11:53:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Look at this from 2017.

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1499699489313107968

Anyone believe Johnson to be speaking truthfully here? Remember, he was Foreign Secretary at the time. Nominally in charge of MI6. So any credible evidence of threats from hostile foreign powers ended up on his desk.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 12:15:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #948 on March 04, 2022, 11:55:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Watch that video.

Look at his face.

Then remind yourself that he is our PM. As we stand watching Russia mutilate another European country.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #949 on March 04, 2022, 01:48:44 pm by drfchound »
A couple of days ago certain posters jumped in and suggested that we should not politicise this particular thread but it seems like people like bst and sydneyrover are not prepared to do that.
BST apparently doesn’t read my posts so perhaps someone else could draw his attention to the request.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #950 on March 04, 2022, 03:22:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I was just thinking the same. The thread is about the Ukraine conflict, not an opportunity to score political points from past or present.

Please keep on topic.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #951 on March 04, 2022, 03:47:11 pm by belton rover »
A couple of days ago certain posters jumped in and suggested that we should not politicise this particular thread but it seems like people like bst and sydneyrover are not prepared to do that.
BST apparently doesn’t read my posts so perhaps someone else could draw his attention to the request.

Can’t help you there Hound - Billy pretends to not read my posts either.

But this is a new low from Billy, even for him.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #952 on March 04, 2022, 03:47:54 pm by SydneyRover »
I was just thinking the same. The thread is about the Ukraine conflict, not an opportunity to score political points from past or present.

Please keep on topic.

What's not on topic DBR if not the events that have led up to this point and negligence of a government that have given putin and his criminal regime the distinct impression that he and his enablers and their money are welcome in the UK and that the UK would stand by and watch as they did when they walked into the Crimea?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #953 on March 04, 2022, 04:00:28 pm by belton rover »
Watch that video.

Look at his face.

Then remind yourself that he is our PM. As we stand watching Russia mutilate another European country.

We’ve had our orders. Better do as he says.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #954 on March 04, 2022, 04:01:52 pm by selby »
 Him  and Syd both read mine, the numties.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #955 on March 04, 2022, 04:03:27 pm by SydneyRover »
Him  and Syd both read mine, the numties.

Nothing to say about johnson and the protection racket he's been running for russian thugs selby?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #956 on March 04, 2022, 04:16:12 pm by selby »
  No Syd, I can remember in the late sixties when an MP was asked in my presence how much the job was worth.
  His answer was I would be disappointed at less than £120k a year, I lost interest about that time mate, and stopped my voluntary work for the Labour Party.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #957 on March 04, 2022, 04:20:22 pm by SydneyRover »
  No Syd, I can remember in the late sixties when an MP was asked in my presence how much the job was worth.
  His answer was I would be disappointed at less than £120k a year, I lost interest about that time mate, and stopped my voluntary work for the Labour Party.

well your mates have certainly upped the ante since then wouldn't you say, johnson and his cronies have become the byword for self indulgence and looking the other way.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #958 on March 04, 2022, 04:25:03 pm by selby »
  A new law has been passed by Putin by the way, anyone spreading untruth's about the Russian armed forces can be imprisoned for 15 years as from today.
  The lad doesn't like the truth being told. and it might just have an effect on the size of any protests.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #959 on March 04, 2022, 04:35:26 pm by selby »
  If you don't think that most MP's on all sides are not in the game for what they can get out of it Syd, your a bigger idiot than I think you are.
  I have had dealings with a number over the years, none from any party have ever impressed me, and local planning and councils are even more into being in the game for themselves, with the help of MP's in many cases.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012