Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:43:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230391 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #960 on March 04, 2022, 04:42:20 pm by SydneyRover »
  If you don't think that most MP's on all sides are not in the game for what they can get out of it Syd, your a bigger idiot than I think you are.
  I have had dealings with a number over the years, none from any party have ever impressed me, and local planning and councils are even more into being in the game for themselves, with the help of MP's in many cases.

Actually I don't think that at all selby, I have worked closely with MPs over the past 6 years and found that they are diligent and hard working which is why they have been getting my support. You must attract the wrong sort of people, you certainly have some cockeyed ideas when it comes to politics.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #961 on March 04, 2022, 04:55:59 pm by selby »
  Back on track and sorry for diverging from the subject guys your right. The restrictions reported on Al Jazeera news on the Russian general public are indeed draconian, and shows just how Putin is adept at using the system to nullify news broadcasts and threatens dissenters.
  In the modern world it is more difficult to supress truth, Putin and his entourage are not living in the real world as it stands now, and in time will suffer the consequences.   The worst thing a leader of a country can do is make the general populations normal life worse for their own ends, it may take time but they will turn on him, he is living on borrowed time.
  The only question now is when and how he goes, peacefully or pushed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #962 on March 04, 2022, 04:59:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I was just thinking the same. The thread is about the Ukraine conflict, not an opportunity to score political points from past or present.

Please keep on topic.

It's not about political points. It is absolutely connected to the current Russian aggression.

As I've said times many, there are folk in here who would have criticised Churchill for replacing Chamberlain in 1940.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #963 on March 04, 2022, 05:15:23 pm by Ldr »
  If you don't think that most MP's on all sides are not in the game for what they can get out of it Syd, your a bigger idiot than I think you are.
  I have had dealings with a number over the years, none from any party have ever impressed me, and local planning and councils are even more into being in the game for themselves, with the help of MP's in many cases.

This in spades

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #964 on March 04, 2022, 05:17:50 pm by drfchound »
  No Syd, I can remember in the late sixties when an MP was asked in my presence how much the job was worth.
  His answer was I would be disappointed at less than £120k a year, I lost interest about that time mate, and stopped my voluntary work for the Labour Party.

well your mates have certainly upped the ante since then wouldn't you say, johnson and his cronies have become the byword for self indulgence and looking the other way.

So this is supposedly on the topic of Ukraine.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #965 on March 04, 2022, 05:20:15 pm by SydneyRover »

So this is supposedly on the topic of Ukraine.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #966 on March 04, 2022, 07:07:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

This in spades

I do sometimes think we deserve to live in a world where people like Putin rise to the top.

You haven't got a f**king clue...

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #967 on March 04, 2022, 07:20:54 pm by tyke1962 »

This in spades

I do sometimes think we deserve to live in a world where people like Putin rise to the top.

No we don't Billy because even though you and I disagree on many things we only differ on how good is achieved , that's all it is .

Essentially we want the same things but differ on how that's achieved .

It's shyte at the moment but you and I are united on this thing .

Let's not forget that .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #968 on March 04, 2022, 08:46:05 pm by wilts rover »
  Back on track and sorry for diverging from the subject guys your right. The restrictions reported on Al Jazeera news on the Russian general public are indeed draconian, and shows just how Putin is adept at using the system to nullify news broadcasts and threatens dissenters.
  In the modern world it is more difficult to supress truth, Putin and his entourage are not living in the real world as it stands now, and in time will suffer the consequences.   The worst thing a leader of a country can do is make the general populations normal life worse for their own ends, it may take time but they will turn on him, he is living on borrowed time.
  The only question now is when and how he goes, peacefully or pushed.

I think I said this in my first post on this topic. Russian leaders dont get deposed by outside forces - they get ousted by their own people.

Make life hard for the people that matter, the oligarchs who keep him in power and owe their money and lifestyles to him. When they see they will be better off without him - then things will change.

Which is why some people on here are angry with Johnson because he appears to be doing exactly the opposite and making life easy for them. And we all know why.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #969 on March 04, 2022, 08:56:59 pm by albie »
Guided tour of the streets  of London, paved with Russian gold:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1499766468610863106

Anyone still think Vlad's man Bozo is going to deal with this?
Or any other members of the political establishment, Sir to Lord!
Corrupt to the core, every sinew.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #970 on March 04, 2022, 09:06:01 pm by SydneyRover »
Guided tour of the streets  of London, paved with Russian gold:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1499766468610863106

Anyone still think Vlad's man Bozo is going to deal with this?
Or any other members of the political establishment, Sir to Lord!
Corrupt to the core, every sinew.

UK foreign secretary Liz Truss posted a statement to Twitter following an announcement today that the UK will be bolstering sanctions against Russia.

From foreign secretary Liz Truss:

We have shown Putin that his invasion has consequences. In addition to one of the world’s biggest sanctions packages against Russia, we are ratcheting up pressure by introducing emergency legislation to go faster and harder on Putin’s enablers.

They will have nowhere to hide.

Compared to other countries and the EU, the UK has sanctioned the second-lowest number of entities since the Russian invasion, according to a visual by Bloomberg:

we live in a post truth world, it's all around us, say it often enough ...................
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 09:17:28 pm by SydneyRover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #971 on March 04, 2022, 09:13:37 pm by wilts rover »
Looks better if you put the chart up Syd

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #972 on March 04, 2022, 09:16:08 pm by SydneyRover »
thanks Wilts, have never got the hang of posting graphics

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #973 on March 04, 2022, 09:29:09 pm by tyke1962 »
If this situation was my decision and I make no apologies given hundreds of Ukraine citizens are losing their lives right now as I post this .

As far as I'm concerned the Russian people can be on the brink of starvation for all I care to be honest and it's high time they were .

I do not buy in to the liberal soft shyte routine .

Absolutely every sanction or assets seized from that country or it's associate's needs to be put in to action .

How much hardball do the West want to take ?

This is war , feck the rule book , the enemy aren't interested in the rules of engagement so why should we .

If we can't understandably have boots on the ground then unfortunately the Russian people will have to take what we can do .

Feck this shyte , if your starving then take to the streets then .

It's come to that .

Feck em .

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #974 on March 04, 2022, 09:34:38 pm by Nudga »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #975 on March 04, 2022, 09:40:17 pm by IDM »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

You can get cream for that Nudga..

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #976 on March 04, 2022, 09:50:11 pm by Nudga »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

I'm just sick of Kitsons like him virtue signalling about Ukraine citizens going through what they are but then wanting ordinary Russian civilians to starve.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #977 on March 04, 2022, 10:00:00 pm by Ldr »

This in spades

And your head is in the sand my friend

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #978 on March 04, 2022, 10:01:34 pm by tyke1962 »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

I'm just sick of Kitsons like him virtue signalling about Ukraine citizens going through what they are but then wanting ordinary Russian civilians to starve.

What the feck is the planet you exist on ?

This is warfare .

Let me take you back to the second world war when we dropped every bomb we could on Dresden and Hamburg and killed thousands of probably 60% of em that didn't vote for Hitler .

What do you think this is ?

Wake up fella with all due respect .

My life , your life and my grandkids life hang by a thread because of this Tyrant fecker .

My grandkids ain't going down and if that's at the detriment of the Russian people then so be it .

Feck em .

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #979 on March 04, 2022, 10:55:36 pm by bpoolrover »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

This is warfare .

Let me take you back to the second world war when we dropped every bomb we could on Dresden and Hamburg and killed thousands of probably 60% of em that didn't vote for Hitler .

My life , your life and my grandkids life hang by a thread because of this Tyrant fecker .

My grandkids ain't going down and if that's at the detriment of the Russian people then so be it .

Feck em .
I agree with you to a point the problem is many millions or tens of millions of Russians have done nothing wrong, they can't speak out thou due to fear of death or going to prison, but saying that what other options are there to try and stop putin

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #980 on March 05, 2022, 05:52:38 am by Donnywolf »
... worse still as it looks like EU / NATO / "the West" can't join in to crush Putin (or won't) because both sides have the capacity to blow the planet to bits

They HAVE it seems watched War Games and thankfully know where it ends

I think that Putin will crush Ukraine and move to Moldova as the above won't stop him

Worse NATO say attack one of us you attack us all but WOULD WE if they marched into Poland or Lithuania or Slovakia or would they let him get on with it rather than risk obliteration

I have no idea but just throw it out there. 33 pages gone and apologies if you have already done this to death

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #981 on March 05, 2022, 07:04:30 am by Nudga »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

This is warfare .

Feck em .

You've gone from "GET BOOSTED, SAVE LIVES" to "f**k THE RUSSIANS, LET THEM STARVE" in a matter of weeks.
Like I said, virtue signalling Kitson.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #982 on March 05, 2022, 11:06:17 am by ChrisBx »
Russia have called a "ceasefire" to allow citizens to escape two cities under seige. They're then bombing the escape routes out of those cities.

This is absolutely vile. We've said "never again" since the atrocities of WW2 and Nazi Germany yet here we are.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #983 on March 05, 2022, 11:12:01 am by tyke1962 »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

This is warfare .

Feck em .

You've gone from "GET BOOSTED, SAVE LIVES" to "f**k THE RUSSIANS, LET THEM STARVE" in a matter of weeks.

I'd suggest if you'd put what remains of your wife or kids in a body bag or had to flee your own country leaving everything behind and not knowing if you'd ever return you may see it differently .

In warfare very often bad things have to be done to achieve good things .

It is what it is and there can be no weaknesses .

When Thatcher gave the order to sink The Belgrano she did it to save the lives of our forces .

The fact it was outside the exclusion zone was neither here nor there because our forces lives were worth more than the Argentinean's .

This is what warfare reduces you to and the decisions you have to make .

They have to be made in order to make the world a safer place .

There is no getting around this if tyrants are to be brought down and you have to be just as ruthless as they are .

Tyrants take their people down with them with their actions , it's unfortunate .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #984 on March 05, 2022, 11:17:17 am by Glyn_Wigley »

But...but...but....Boris said we were leading the world!! :silly:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #985 on March 05, 2022, 11:35:15 am by BillyStubbsTears »

But...but...but....Boris said we were leading the world!! :silly:

It's actually far worse than the headline numbers.

Of the 16 oligarchs that we have sanctioned, only 2 are even temporarily based in the UK.

Precisely zero have ever given money to the Tory party.

It's happening folks, right in front of your eyes. A UK Govt bought out by an enemy power. In broad daylight.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #986 on March 05, 2022, 11:39:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #987 on March 05, 2022, 11:52:17 am by Nudga »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

This is warfare .

Feck em .

I'd suggest if you'd put what remains of your wife or kids in a body bag or had to flee your own country leaving everything behind and not knowing if you'd ever return you may see it differently .

When Thatcher gave the order to sink The Belgrano she did it to save the lives of our forces .

The fact it was outside the exclusion zone was neither here nor there because our forces lives were worth more than the Argentinean's .

There is no getting around this if tyrants are to be brought down and you have to be just as ruthless as they are .

Tyrants take their people down with them with their actions , it's unfortunate .

If you're that bothered, why don't you join up to the foreign legion and get stuck in with the other volunteers and kill some Russians rather than spouting your poison on a rival teams football forum.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #988 on March 05, 2022, 11:59:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga

Tyke is letting off steam in response to the horror that Putin is unleashing.

You're criticising him for momentarily saying that Russia deserves some sort of equal karma in the future. But unless I'm mistaken, I don't see anywhere where you have criticised Russia ACTUALLY killing peaceful neighbours, right now.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #989 on March 05, 2022, 12:15:56 pm by tyke1962 »
f**kin horrible Kitson.

This is warfare .

Feck em .

If you're that bothered, why don't you join up to the foreign legion and get stuck in with the other volunteers and kill some Russians rather than spouting your poison on a rival teams football forum.

Why don't you fly to Russia and start a foodbank ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012