Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230434 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #1260 on March 09, 2022, 11:12:31 pm by SydneyRover »
Hound,

I have made clear that Labour do not speak for me on this.
What Cooper does not seem to understand when she splits hairs about "emergency visas" is that many fleeing a war zone do not have the documentation to complete the visa process, even if that process were reasonable.

As it is not reasonable, with people being moved from pillar to post to meet absurd criteria, then call for it to be removed in the circumstances.

No visa requirement, 1 year stay in which to catch up with the bureaucracy once people are safe.

Albie, I am aware of your position on the refugee situation and I respect most of your posts as they are very fair.
There are others on the forum though that are very quiet about the Labour stance on this despite posting vehemently against the same government stance, which the opposition are backing.
It is noticeable how quiet those same people are now that Labour have announced their position on this.
Double standards maybe.

A two bob watch is correct twice a day hound

I see you have nothing to say on this matter so don’t bother posting your usual crap to sway the conversation.

I have already posted plenty on Britain's pathetic stance on refugees and well before the war started, I think you need to point your accusations on those that enabled the election of a liar and a traitor hound maybe not expose your personal political naivety to the world.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1261 on March 09, 2022, 11:20:39 pm by drfchound »
Hound,

What Cooper does not seem to understand when she splits hairs about "emergency visas" is that many fleeing a war zone do not have the documentation to complete the visa process, even if that process were reasonable.

As it is not reasonable, with people being moved from pillar to post to meet absurd criteria, then call for it to be removed in the circumstances.

No visa requirement, 1 year stay in which to catch up with the bureaucracy once people are safe.

Albie, I am aware of your position on the refugee situation and I respect most of your posts as they are very fair.
There are others on the forum though that are very quiet about the Labour stance on this despite posting vehemently against the same government stance, which the opposition are backing.
It is noticeable how quiet those same people are now that Labour have announced their position on this.
Double standards maybe.

I see you have nothing to say on this matter so don’t bother posting your usual crap to sway the conversation.

I have already posted plenty on Britain's pathetic stance on refugees and well before the war started, I think you need to point your accusations on those that enabled the election of a liar and a traitor hound maybe not expose your personal political naivety to the world.

Your lack of comment on your Parties position on this speaks volumes though, irrespective of what you have said about the government.
Sorry, I should have said the UK government.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1262 on March 09, 2022, 11:21:52 pm by SydneyRover »
Dribble hound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1263 on March 09, 2022, 11:23:23 pm by drfchound »
Dribble hound

Is that a recognised by Crufts breed.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1264 on March 09, 2022, 11:55:56 pm by SydneyRover »
I guess when you boil it all down, those that have stood by and watched or said nothing and voted for them while they lied, broke the law, changed the laws to help themselves, labelled refugees as illegal, deported their own citizens and sucked up t0 the aggressors in this war should not be surprised that the government is confused and unprepared.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1265 on March 10, 2022, 12:34:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
This is a very long thread, but very much required reading to understand where Putin now is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1497993363076915204

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1266 on March 10, 2022, 02:18:02 am by SydneyRover »
Anyone that used russia as a handybank after 2014 needs to be sent to help out in the Ukraine.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1267 on March 10, 2022, 08:11:59 am by drfchound »
Hound,

Double standards maybe.

I need to correct you SR.  You have not listed about Britain’s pathetic stance on refugees.
You have posted about the governments stance on refugees.
Now answer the question, what is your opinion on the fact that Labour are as one with the government on the visa requirement.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 09:53:15 pm by drfchound »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1268 on March 10, 2022, 08:31:35 am by SydneyRover »
Your political naivety is showing again hound, the tories are in government and have the majority of the media in tow. Life is fairly simple for me, refugees are human beings and Britain as one of the richest countries in the world,  albeit the wealth being concentrated up the the ladder. I have been debating refugees for some time if you care to look at all the threads about refugees in small boats trying to navigate the channel. My main focus of course is to highlight the failings of an incompetent and corrupt government as I think this is the best way to sort most of the problems. So I consider that labour do not want to expose themselves to further culture wars over this. Yes I would like labour to be in a stronger position where they can dictate policy but they are not and not in government, so maybe take this up with those that are quite happy to have an incompetent and corrupt government.

Ask them about the ''friends of russia'' thingy, ask them about £2,000,000 in donations from russian sources ask them if they will be playing tennis with russians, all things that gave confidence for putin to think noone would blink an eye if he walked into the Ukraine.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #1269 on March 10, 2022, 09:26:31 am by Metalmicky »
Finally....

Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich one of seven oligarchs sanctioned by UK government

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60690362

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #1270 on March 10, 2022, 09:28:20 am by Metalmicky »
............. and the 'good' news doesn't stop there...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60680787

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1271 on March 10, 2022, 09:29:47 am by drfchound »
Mmm, so in a very roundabout way it appears that you are not condemning the LP for having the same position as the government that you despise but want to avoid saying as much.
I expected that from you.
I may be politically naive (to a degree I suppose) but you show your true political colours by refusing to answer questions.
It is a total waste of time engaging with you unless the person doing so is on the same side.
One poster in particular was very very critical of the Tories when this visa situation reared its head but he hasn’t uttered a peep about the Labour stance on this.
I suspect that that could be your reason for keeping quiet about it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1272 on March 10, 2022, 09:33:55 am by SydneyRover »
............. and the 'good' news doesn't stop there...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60680787

Hopefully it gives the world time to wean themselves off russian oil and make the inevitable switch to renewables ... a lot quicker.

https://twitter.com/RErbium/status/1501701829608243203

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1273 on March 10, 2022, 09:48:29 am by SydneyRover »
That didn't last long

''Oil prices rose on Thursday amid confusion over whether major producers would help to plug a gap in supplies from Russia.

The United Arab Emirates had appeared to push members of the Opec producer group to raise output, only for the UAE's energy minister to quash hopes.

The oil price rose more than 3%, after a 17% fall on Wednesday.

"To suggest the oil market is confused would be an understatement," said analyst Stephen Innes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60680787

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1274 on March 10, 2022, 09:48:59 am by Filo »
Finally....

Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich one of seven oligarchs sanctioned by UK government

No match ticket sales, no transfers, no contract extensions, the govt have seized Chelsea FC

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1275 on March 10, 2022, 09:50:32 am by Filo »
That didn't last long

''Oil prices rose on Thursday amid confusion over whether major producers would help to plug a gap in supplies from Russia.

The United Arab Emirates had appeared to push members of the Opec producer group to raise output, only for the UAE's energy minister to quash hopes.

The oil price rose more than 3%, after a 17% fall on Wednesday.

"To suggest the oil market is confused would be an understatement," said analyst Stephen Innes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60680787

Diesel price at Jet Garage Dunscroft 157.9 yesterday, 161.9 today, no deliveries between the rises, this is pure profiteering

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1276 on March 10, 2022, 09:59:09 am by normal rules »
Finally....

No match ticket sales, no transfers, no contract extensions, the govt have seized Chelsea FC

They have around 28000 season ticket holders. I’d imagine they will become hot property. Name your price.
Merch shop has to close too.
Whilst part of me feels a bit for Chelsea supporters.
Part of me says f**k em. They bought into it. They knew what he was. And still is.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 10:01:37 am by normal rules »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1277 on March 10, 2022, 10:04:32 am by River Don »
Another escalation

NATO is to warn Russia that it will take direct action in Ukraine if Russian forces deploy unconventional weapons...

It's not clear what that means exactly

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1278 on March 10, 2022, 10:06:35 am by SydneyRover »
Gas I would think, with all the talk about it recently RD

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1279 on March 10, 2022, 10:14:28 am by normal rules »
Another escalation

NATO is to warn Russia that it will take direct action in Ukraine if Russian forces deploy unconventional weapons...

It's not clear what that means exactly

Be very concerned. Russia will employ false flag tactics to drag us into this. There will be use of an unconventional weapon in Ukraine. Instigated by the Russians. They will say it was Ukrainians that deployed it first. We will fall for it.
This won’t end well.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1280 on March 10, 2022, 10:19:29 am by SydneyRover »
''Russia could be planning a chemical or biological weapon attack in Ukraine - and "we should all be on the lookout", the White House has said.

Press secretary Jen Psaki said Russia's claims about US biological weapon labs, and chemical weapon development in Ukraine, were preposterous.

She called the false claims an "obvious ploy" to try to justify further premeditated, unprovoked attacks.

It comes after Western officials shared similar concerns about fresh attacks''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60683248

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1281 on March 10, 2022, 10:19:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Why on earth would Putin want to "drag us in"?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1282 on March 10, 2022, 10:19:55 am by River Don »

Yes, sorry, I was t clear. I meant what sort of action NATO would take.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1283 on March 10, 2022, 10:21:14 am by SydneyRover »

Yes, sorry, I was t clear. I meant what sort of action NATO would take.

Hopefully warnings will be enough of course.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1284 on March 10, 2022, 10:29:37 am by normal rules »

He already has in some respects.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1285 on March 10, 2022, 10:32:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »

There is nothing whatsoever that Putin stands to gain by bring NATO into a shooting match in Ukraine.

At best he gets his arse kicked big time. At worst it's the end of the world.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1286 on March 10, 2022, 10:44:31 am by normal rules »

There is nothing whatsoever that Putin stands to gain by bring NATO into a shooting match in Ukraine.

At best he gets his arse kicked big time. At worst it's the end of the world.

You speak the words of a rational person BST.
I’m unsure the same can be said about the actions and words of Putin.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1287 on March 10, 2022, 10:51:21 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Putin's rational. There's too much nonsense been talked about him being insane (some of it by me in the initial shock, admittedly).

He is what he's always been. A calculating thug. What's happened here is that for the first time in his life, he's miscalculated. And he knows it.

He's seen what happens to his forces when faced with any sort of modern resistance force. They are shit. The myth of the Russian army has disolved.

That's not to say he won't continue committing bestial war crimes by trying to bomb Ukraine into surrender. But he knows he cannot win this.

What he needs is a way out. That requires skilfull backstage diplomacy by the Americans.

What he absolutely does not need is American troops and planes firing at his forces. That leaves him facing the choice between utter humiliation or escalation.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #1288 on March 10, 2022, 10:55:34 am by Ldr »
Putin's rational. There's too much nonsense been talked about him being insane (some of it by me in the initial shock, admittedly).

He is what he's always been. A calculating thug. What's happened here is that for the first time in his life, he's miscalculated. And he knows it.

He's seen what happens to his forces when faced with any sort of modern resistance force. They are shit. The myth of the Russian army has disolved.

That's not to say he won't continue committing bestial war crimes by trying to bomb Ukraine into surrender. But he knows he cannot win this.

What he needs is a way out. That requires skilfull backstage diplomacy by the Americans.

What he absolutely does not need is American troops and planes firing at his forces. That leaves him facing the choice between utter humiliation or escalation.

His assassination would be one way, would need to be done by a Russian though

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1289 on March 10, 2022, 11:02:00 am by River Don »
They won't be drawn on what that intervention might be. At the moment they want to keep him guessing.

I suppose it might not be a no fly zone or anything more significant. It could be supplying Ukraine with aircraft and more sophisticated weapons.

I agree he needs a way out but at the moment he's refusing to consider one and instead ramps things up.

For instance, at this point would handing over Eastern Ukraine placate him? Would Ukraine accept it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012