Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:09:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230534 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #2340 on June 03, 2022, 03:53:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
RD
Tony Yates is one of my go-to people for cutting through complex issues.

Here's his take on Elliott's piece.

https://mobile.twitter.com/t0nyyates/status/1532706125669355521

One excellent insight. Russia's current account surplus has boomed because they are still getting money for oil, but they can't spend it on stuff they want to buy from the West because of sanctions. Which is precisely the point of sanctions - to undermine the effectiveness of the Russian economy.

Edit: that link oddly doesn't show the whole thread.
This one starts at a later tweet but does show the whole thread. If you're interested (and it is a brilliant take down) use this link then scroll up to the start of the thread.
https://mobile.twitter.com/t0nyyates/status/1532713591027208194
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 03:59:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2341 on June 03, 2022, 04:01:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Let me get this right BRR.

UKRAINE obliterated Mariupol?
You love to ask a lot of questions but infecund on the answering. But did expect you to get triggered by this one, so.... in the spirit of demonstrating answering.....

Fire went both ways, or did the Ukraines just shout at the Russians? Ukraine snipers hanging out in the buildings sometimes with their human shields taken at gun point, sometimes with volunteer ones (hmmmm....), sometimes without any. Russians should have done the decent thing and asked the Ukraines to step outside.

#bothsides
#Blithe rhetoric

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2342 on June 03, 2022, 04:07:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BRR.
You equate:
- A country invading another one and launching artillery attacks on urban areas

With

- The second country fighting in urban areas to stop the invader.

You say in those circumstances, the attacked country is responsible for the destruction of its own cities.

And you expect to be taken seriously, and your opinions respected?

Honestly?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2343 on June 03, 2022, 05:33:53 pm by River Don »
Yes the Kremlin does put about these stories of Ukrainian Nazis using human shields.

But then we have actual footage of insanely heroic Ukrainian helicopter pilots flying at almost ground level to avoid anti-aircraft fire. Day after day shipping food and ammo in to Avostal and taking wounded away. That is an incredibly selfless act and some lost their lives doing it.
They may or may not refer to them as Nazis - the ones with Nazi tattoos probs are Nazis - but the point is Ukraines did and do use human shields. Desperate measures to stay alive for them. Its not so much Kremlin news as deliberately not western media news as it doesn't fit the propaganda narrative of goodies v baddies. Really, did you even believe that trash at primary school?

How could the Ukrainians use human shields against an army for whom human life is so valuless?

This is an army that targeted a shelter full of innocent civilians.

This is an army that has units dedicated to shooting their own troops if they are not moving forward.

This is an army that will rape babies and old women to prove how fierce they are.

Any human shield would be rapidly executed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 05:47:22 pm by River Don »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2344 on June 03, 2022, 06:06:41 pm by ravenrover »
BRR If it's not being reported how do you know about it?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 09:11:30 am by ravenrover »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2345 on June 04, 2022, 12:16:49 am by danumdon »
As an apologist for a disgraceful regime he's not making a very strong case for it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2346 on June 04, 2022, 09:30:40 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BRR.
You equate:
- A country invading another one and launching artillery attacks on urban areas

With

- The second country fighting in urban areas to stop the invader.

You say in those circumstances, the attacked country is responsible for the destruction of its own cities.

And you expect to be taken seriously, and your opinions respected?

Honestly?
Nah, the equating is your fantasy, as is so much.

I'm simply saying Ukraines are doing nasty stuff out there too, it's far from goodies v baddies as per your pro western fairy tales.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2347 on June 04, 2022, 09:32:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Yes the Kremlin does put about these stories of Ukrainian Nazis using human shields.

But then we have actual footage of insanely heroic Ukrainian helicopter pilots flying at almost ground level to avoid anti-aircraft fire. Day after day shipping food and ammo in to Avostal and taking wounded away. That is an incredibly selfless act and some lost their lives doing it.
They may or may not refer to them as Nazis - the ones with Nazi tattoos probs are Nazis - but the point is Ukraines did and do use human shields. Desperate measures to stay alive for them. Its not so much Kremlin news as deliberately not western media news as it doesn't fit the propaganda narrative of goodies v baddies. Really, did you even believe that trash at primary school?

How could the Ukrainians use human shields against an army for whom human life is so valuless?

This is an army that targeted a shelter full of innocent civilians.

This is an army that has units dedicated to shooting their own troops if they are not moving forward.

This is an army that will rape babies and old women to prove how fierce they are.

Any human shield would be rapidly executed.

Oh dear....

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2348 on June 04, 2022, 09:34:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
There's plenty out there if you look. Just not on your state censored news feeds and pro western papers and TV.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2349 on June 04, 2022, 09:44:37 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

As an apologist for a disgraceful regime he's not making a very strong case for it.
Yawn. Go lick your masters feet.
No apologising, both sides in this war are evil, both fighting for power and control over people and resources, and playing a global game of chess, the Ukraines are pawns. Zelensky is playing the part of King pawn perfectly. If you think it's Russia v Ukraine, you really have fallen out the coconut tree.

I'm just saying there is another side to all the censored news. Billy One Side might argue against that.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2350 on June 04, 2022, 10:05:11 pm by wilts rover »
The Ukranians are pawns in as such as they have been invaded by a far superior foreign power - a nuclear armed one that took away Ukraine's own nuclear weapons and threated to use theirs on any country that assisted them - whose leader has stated on several occassions he does not believe they should exisit as a sovereign, independent country.

In your desparate attempt to put across 'both sides' you are only putting one side - the fascist invaders.

Not a good look.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2351 on June 04, 2022, 10:27:20 pm by BobG »
This defence of Russia and Putin is almost appeasement to be honest. It might be a different form, but it's outcome is identical.

BobG

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2352 on June 04, 2022, 10:37:42 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The Ukranians are pawns in as such as they have been invaded by a far superior foreign power - a nuclear armed one that took away Ukraine's own nuclear weapons and threated to use theirs on any country that assisted them - whose leader has stated on several occassions he does not believe they should exisit as a sovereign, independent country.

In your desparate attempt to put across 'both sides' you are only putting one side - the fascist invaders.

Not a good look.
Another one sider. Interesting how you go back to nuclear arms being taken, and miss out the US pushing for control on Russia's doorstep, indeed the whole world, having bern responsible for how many undemocratic insurrection and coups? And you think they're not at least equally to blame here, mere saints sat rooting for the poor innocents.

And the EU grabbing a slice of the pie. Totally freedom living innocents too? Come on.

I've said several times how I think Russia is wrong here. The US, EU too. Open your eyes.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 10:44:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2353 on June 04, 2022, 10:44:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If you're going to get BRR's stance, you have to understand the journey that the Western Far Left has been on this past 50 years.

They've always been anti-West, but this used to be a secondary issue. They used to be fervently pro-Communist. Then the information came out about the bestial abuses under Soviet communism, and the systemic inefficiency of the system.

After that, no-one could support Soviet communism. So the Western Far Left had nothing to fall back on but hatred of the West.

That has festered and fermented for a generation. The concept has hardened that if anything is wrong in the world, it's the fault of America, Britain, the EU, NATO or multinational companies.

So the Western Far Left supported Brexit. It saw COVID as pharma conspiracy. It was against the Iraq war, sure, but when Russia takes the horror of war in that region to another level, barely a peep.

It's inevitable that the Western Far Left will insist that NATO is to blame for Ukraine. Because that is what the ideology demands. And if that means effectively minimising the war crimes of a fascist imperialist, so be it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:32:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2354 on June 04, 2022, 10:54:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BST, this is nothing to do with the far left. Simple logic shows what's happening. No idea where you're coming from, you never say, bar regurgitate Pro establishment propaganda. And one sided establishment of course. This is Russia, US and moreso, all those that pull their strings. China also very involved. You wave the flag of the innocents, the invaded, and... and what? Give the thumbs up to other imperialism.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2355 on June 05, 2022, 01:17:48 pm by ravenrover »
There's plenty out there if you look. Just not on your state censored news feeds and pro western papers and TV.
YOUR? Do you not bother with Western media? Give me an idea of where I should look to find this anti Ukraine news from your sources please
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 02:03:32 pm by ravenrover »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2356 on June 05, 2022, 03:05:45 pm by BobG »
Presumably TASS, Novosti and Pravda Raven...

BobG

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2357 on June 06, 2022, 03:31:41 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Presumably TASS, Novosti and Pravda Raven...

BobG
Nope.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2358 on June 06, 2022, 03:41:38 am by Bristol Red Rover »
YOUR? Do you not bother with Western media? Give me an idea of where I should look to find this anti Ukraine news from your sources please
I was using "your" colloquially, meaning "ones". I read it.

Plenty of sources of news out there - Google works. Rumble is interesting.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2359 on June 06, 2022, 05:12:41 am by SydneyRover »

Do the one's pro-russia have any gravitas, do you know who owns them, why can't you share links with the rest of us?

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #2360 on June 06, 2022, 08:11:00 am by mugnapper »
Students accuse lecturer of sharing Russia war lies https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-61597405

Interesting news story. Was he promoting Russian propaganda or getting his students not to take the line told to them by authority?

I’ve always adhered to Stiff Little Fingers advice in their explosive 1978 song ‘Suspect Device =
‘Don’t believe them
Don’t believe them
I tell ya question everything you’re told.
Just take a look around you
At the bitterness and spite.
Why can’t we take over
And try to put it right’.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:21:49 am by mugnapper »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2361 on June 06, 2022, 10:39:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »

It's all starting to make sense...

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2362 on June 06, 2022, 01:20:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Do the one's pro-russia have any gravitas, do you know who owns them, why can't you share links with the rest of us?
Who owns the BBC, The Times, Sky, etc? Everyone has a motivation for producing their report.

Im not linking any one as you'll focus on just that. Easy peasy to find. Some v small scale, some like Russia Today.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2363 on June 06, 2022, 01:21:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

You're not.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2364 on June 06, 2022, 01:23:13 pm by SydneyRover »

You're not.

Who owns the BBC, The Times, Sky, etc? Everyone has a motivation for producing their report.

Im not linking any one as you'll focus on just that. Easy peasy to find. Some v small scale, some like Russia Today.

All that information about who owns what in the 'regular' media is readily available, all the stuff you quote could be emails between you and your neighbour.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:11:46 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2365 on June 06, 2022, 01:51:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

You're not.

Rumble.
Platform of choice for far right gobshites from Donald Trump to Dan Bongino.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2366 on June 06, 2022, 01:58:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

You're not.

Rumble.
Generalising like that makes you look daft.

Why soooo much rhetoric?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2367 on June 06, 2022, 02:17:43 pm by Ldr »

You're not.

Rumble.

Twitter is the complete opposite yet you quote from it regularly

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2368 on June 06, 2022, 04:28:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BRR.

Generalisation? It's just a fact. People who got bombed off Twitter for repeatedly posting bullshit, took their bullshit to Rumble because it doesn't have a bullshit filter.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2369 on June 06, 2022, 05:13:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BRR.

Generalisation? It's just a fact. People who got bombed off Twitter for repeatedly posting bullshit, took their bullshit to Rumble because it doesn't have a bullshit filter.
And Twitter, FB, and YouTube are censored by the establishment fascists. Tricky innit?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012