Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:42:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230375 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #3150 on September 14, 2022, 11:17:45 am by Metalmicky »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3151 on September 14, 2022, 12:03:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What makes you think that Russia hadn't pretty much pre planned the withdrawal? I guess if they had drones, or even sattelites,  they might have spotted it. Keep up.

Given that there is still an offensive in the south, plus another one imminently planned in the SE, I think your twitter story is confused.

If you MUST act as a Russian propaganda bot, at least keep up with the message. Even the Kremlin has admitted that they got their arses caned on the Kharkhiv front. They haven't been running with the "pre-planned orderly retreat" line for days.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3152 on September 14, 2022, 12:44:53 pm by wilts rover »
What makes you think that Russia hadn't pretty much pre planned the withdrawal? I guess if they had drones, or even sattelites,  they might have spotted it. Keep up.

Given that there is still an offensive in the south, plus another one imminently planned in the SE, I think your twitter story is confused.

Then you clearly haven't read it - its a story/article in the New York Post.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3153 on September 14, 2022, 06:52:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Apparently there are large numbers of Ukranian Troops poised to go into the Kherson front. Rumours Russian units have tried to negotiate a surrender having run out of basic supplies.

Ukranians are biding their time until they can walk in virtually unopposed with the Russians fleeing via Crimea.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3154 on September 14, 2022, 07:50:39 pm by Filo »
Unconfirmed reports of a assassination attempt on Putin

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3155 on September 14, 2022, 08:00:07 pm by mushRTID »

Lots of reports of this on Twitter….hopefully it’s only a matter of time.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3156 on September 14, 2022, 08:13:46 pm by i_ateallthepies »
We can do without failed attempts.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3157 on September 14, 2022, 08:56:15 pm by wilts rover »

Carried out by members of his personal bodyguard according to this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vladimir-putins-limo-attacked-assassination-27993499

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3158 on September 14, 2022, 09:46:09 pm by normal rules »
Failed attempt.
Amateurs.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3159 on September 14, 2022, 10:57:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Then you clearly haven't read it - its a story/article in the New York Post.

I read the part on Twitter.

Either way, are you and BST suggestng Russia had no idea of the build up? For sure it was a defeat, although Russia's aim in this war is not simple territory gain, it's destroyng the Ukraine military, which appears to be working well as far as it goes.

All the tank aid for Ukraine is I believe in situ. Not sure they have yet more manpower to call up, the call on women is a sign of how things are going there. As there is a tipping point for Russia, there is a tipping point for Ukraine. They won't be fighting to the last.

This is a long war of attrition. With power stations out of action, the economy purely dependent on the US and EU and chance speculators, and Ukraines' desperate to retake the Nuke plant by the lake (no doubt BST still denies that recent attack happened, tho notable that Ukraine hasn't) This winter will be critical.

BST - "Russian Bot" - kinda the discussion forum version of a really weak dad joke.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3160 on September 14, 2022, 11:01:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Apparently there are large numbers of Ukranian Troops poised to go into the Kherson front. Rumours Russian units have tried to negotiate a surrender having run out of basic supplies.

Ukranians are biding their time until they can walk in virtually unopposed with the Russians fleeing via Crimea.

Biding their time... losing hundreds of lives a day? A good number of Ukraines currently biding their time in a pocket in Kherson whilst getting shelled from all sides and bombed out of existance as they were cut off by the river flooding and knocking out all their pontoon bridges.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3161 on September 15, 2022, 01:16:09 pm by SydneyRover »
Not desperate at all.

''Wagner Group: Head of Russian mercenary group filmed recruiting in prison
By Matt Murphy''

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62911618

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3162 on September 15, 2022, 02:42:11 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Not desperate at all.

By Matt Murphy''

Absolutely, Sydney.  Totally untrained, and doubtless a good proportion of them locked up for nothing more than opposing Putin's regime.  They're going to be one hell of a motivated fighting force.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3163 on September 15, 2022, 05:15:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Biding their time... losing hundreds of lives a day? A good number of Ukraines currently biding their time in a pocket in Kherson whilst getting shelled from all sides and bombed out of existance as they were cut off by the river flooding and knocking out all their pontoon bridges.

Not sure which thought is more depressing here.

The thought that you actually believe this claptrap. Or the thought that you don't, but still post it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3164 on September 15, 2022, 06:33:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Vague. Be specific, I know you can be.

Though if you're doubtiing what I just said, I think you're lost in BBC LaLa Land. You need to upgrade your sources.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 06:36:24 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3165 on September 15, 2022, 07:53:14 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
india’s State Bank Opening Rupee Accounts for Trade With Russia

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-15/india-s-state-bank-opening-rupee-accounts-for-trade-with-russia

State Bank of India, the country’s largest lender, is opening special rupee accounts to handle Russia-related trade settlements in the local currency but is not the main bank for such business.

SBI is “making necessary arrangements and processing requests received from various banks, including Russian banks,” following guidelines laid out by the Reserve Bank of India, it said in a statement. The banking regulator had allowed Indian banks in July to open special rupee vostro accounts with lenders of other countries to settle overseas trades in the Indian currency.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/banking/finance/banking/indian-banks-may-join-hands-with-russia-lenders-not-hit-by-sanctions/articleshow/92324935.cms

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3166 on September 15, 2022, 09:36:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Not desperate at all.

By Matt Murphy''

Absolutely, Sydney.  Totally untrained, and doubtless a good proportion of them locked up for nothing more than opposing Putin's regime.  They're going to be one hell of a motivated fighting force.
"...doubtless..." yeah, right. Have you got any chips to go with that ketchup?

I think there's around 400 to 500k total in custody. Given that Russia has maybe between 150 to 250k in Ukraine compared to maybe between 800k and 1100k on the Ukraine side, say 10% of the total prison population signing up would make some difference. Most will already have military training, some more than the basic national service. Some will be military veterans.

However, looking at the prisoners in more detail it is unlikely that many who have sentences to run of less than 5 years wll take this offer up.
There are about 225k with sentences between 5 and 10 years .
68k who have 10 to 15 years left.
32k who have over 15 years left.
From these it may be say 25k that sign up? It is very dangerous for them. The troops will be stormtroopers, not just ordinary infantry. Far from conscripts, far from bakers and bank workers with a gun. It could be 6 months or a year before these feed through to the front line.

The next stage for Russia will be conscripting, mainly from the Asian territories. Without full training these would be fairly useless canon fodder, much like the Ukraines and foreign volunteers that got thrown to the front. It's a long road ahead.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 10:16:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3167 on September 15, 2022, 10:27:40 pm by drfchound »

Lots of reports of this on Twitter….hopefully it’s only a matter of time.

Nothing on the news tonight about this.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3168 on September 15, 2022, 10:28:00 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Not desperate at all.

By Matt Murphy''

"...doubtless..." yeah, right. Have you got any chips to go with that ketchup?

I think there's around 500k total in custody. Given that Russia has maybe between 150 to 250k in Ukraine compared to maybe between 800k and 1100k on the Ukraine side, say 10% of the total prison population signing up would make some difference. Most will already have military training, some more than the basic national service. Some will be military veterans.

The next stage for Russia will be conscripting, mainly from the Asian territories. Without full training these would be fairly useless canon fodder, much like the Ukraines and foreign volunteers that got thrown to the front. It's a long road ahead.

You’ve omitted one very important factor there in your ‘spurious’ account of numbers of fighters on both sides.

Ukraine is fighting an invader that it is determined will give up territories it has/had seized because it’s people are motivated.

Motivated to live in a free & democratic country.

Motivated to ‘chase’ this bullying regime from its lands.

Motivated by the backing of those in the ‘free world’ who see Ukraine’s fight as just & Russia’s flagrant invasion as a precursor to further expansionist ‘incursion’ on other Baltic States should it succeed in Ukraine.

Have you absolutely no ‘grasp’ on history?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3169 on September 15, 2022, 10:54:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He has little grasp on anything other than a wish to see NATO and the EU battered down.

Russia has wasted so much hardware, it's asking North Korea to send  60 year old munitions to bail them out. It's list swathes of its trained junior officers. They won't replace them with convict thugs. And Ukraine will continue to be supplied with precision munitions to pick them off.

Modern warfare isn't about brute force. It's about intelligent use of force. Which Russia doesn't get. And since BRR immerses himself in Russian propaganda, he doesn't get it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3170 on September 15, 2022, 11:31:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

You’ve omitted one very important factor there in your ‘spurious’ account of numbers of fighters on both sides.

Ukraine is fighting an invader that it is determined will give up territories it has/had seized because it’s people are motivated.

Motivated to live in a free & democratic country.

Motivated to ‘chase’ this bullying regime from its lands.

Motivated by the backing of those in the ‘free world’ who see Ukraine’s fight as just & Russia’s flagrant invasion as a precursor to further expansionist ‘incursion’ on other Baltic States should it succeed in Ukraine.

Have you absolutely no ‘grasp’ on history?
"Spurious" - I can only assume you have accurate figures?

"free and democratic" - since when did you check out Ukraines level of  democracy? Would that include a US led coup? Would that include a variety of oligarchs milking the country for personal gain? Would it include the US pretty much buying it out just like some folks buy 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc homes on the cheap from those who have fallen on hard times?

For sure Russia is bullying. And I'll wager you don't see the US and EU as a bully?

I don't see much potential for Russia to take over more states, though I understand that fear, and the narrative. The "free world"....  :facepalm:

I understand where this has all come from, what Ukraine's history has been, what the lead up to the invasion was. You've given no indication you do, but maybe you can explain?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3171 on September 15, 2022, 11:56:35 pm by SydneyRover »
From the link:

"If you serve six months (in Wagner), you are free," he said. But he warned potential recruits against desertion and said "if you arrive in Ukraine and decide it's not for you, we will execute you"

''He also informed prisoners of Wagner's rules banning alcohol, drugs and "sexual contacts with local women, flora, fauna, men - anything"''

"this is a hard war, not even close to the likes of Chechnya and the others"

''He said the prisoners had stormed the Ukrainian trenches and attacked Kyiv's troops with knives. Three of the men - including a 52-year-old who spent more than 30 years in detention - were killed, Mr Prigozhin said''

''Later in the video, he warned the convicts, who are all sporting black jump suits, that they will be expected to kill themselves with hand grenades if they are at risk of being captured''

hmmm where do I sign?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3172 on September 16, 2022, 11:45:09 am by Metalmicky »
He has little grasp on anything other than a wish to see NATO and the EU battered down.

Russia has wasted so much hardware, it's asking North Korea to send  60 year old munitions to bail them out. It's list swathes of its trained junior officers. They won't replace them with convict thugs. And Ukraine will continue to be supplied with precision munitions to pick them off.

He does appear to be increasingly grasping at straws and looking around for allies to back his failing 'special mission'....... you have to wonder how his mental state is right now.... I suspect the main constituents are desperation and paranoia. With any luck he will shortly be considering at what stage he locks himself in the bunker.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3173 on September 16, 2022, 12:25:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I agree MM.

When he loses and Europe weans itself off his gas, Russia basically becomes a big North Korea.

f**ked economy.
Mad dictator.
Playing the "crazy-dangerous" card with their nukes to prove they still matter.
Relying on China to support them.

China really doesn't want another unstable basket case on its border. Putin will have promised Xi that he could walk into Ukraine and take it over, putting the shites up NATO and the EU. There's no other valid explanation why Xi would have supported him at first. I bet Xi is f**king incandescent at how it has planned out.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3174 on September 16, 2022, 08:01:04 pm by Metalmicky »
Izyum today - truly horrific...

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3176 on September 17, 2022, 06:03:19 pm by River Don »
Some reports (and being reported in the Telegraph) that Ukraine has crossed the Oskil River and has breached that Russian line of defence.

If they continue on like this, they will soon cut the Russian land supply lines to the entire invasion force.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/09/17/ukraine-delivers-another-blow-russia-breaches-frontline-oskil/

A video reportedly shot from a Ukrainian tank and uploaded onto Twitter was geolocated to Kupiansk on the east bank of the Oskil River.

It showed the smashed-up and destroyed city. On the left of the video footage lie the wrecks of two smouldering and seemingly abandoned Russian tanks, one painted with the letter Z which has become a Russian pro-war symbol.

Another video of a Ukrainian soldier celebrating the destruction of a Russian armoured personnel carrier has also been geolocated to the east bank of the Oskil River. "All will soon be Ukraine," the soldier says in the video. Russian forces have taken huge losses since the Kremlin ordered the invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 06:18:30 pm by River Don »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3177 on September 17, 2022, 06:08:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Reading the BBC report on the burials, it's clear how evil Russia is and Ukraine are saints. No need for a thorough investigation, the causes are obvious.  The BBC already have a lawyer in the job too.

They interviewed one tortured guy who is clearly representitive of the whole population of the city. Not even a rumour of Ukraines holding any of the Russian sympathisers prisoner. The situation is clear. It's black and white. Neat for those with blinkers.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3178 on September 17, 2022, 09:48:07 pm by drfchound »
Still not seen anything on the news about the alleged attempt to bump off Putin.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3179 on September 18, 2022, 09:28:25 am by wilts rover »
Reading the BBC report on the burials, it's clear how evil Russia is and Ukraine are saints. No need for a thorough investigation, the causes are obvious.  The BBC already have a lawyer in the job too.

They interviewed one tortured guy who is clearly representitive of the whole population of the city. Not even a rumour of Ukraines holding any of the Russian sympathisers prisoner. The situation is clear. It's black and white. Neat for those with blinkers.

Are you not getting the Russian propaganda reports directly? You are behind the times. The line to take now is yes these things happened and if you dont stop and surrender we will do worse. 'We will make you fear us'.

https://twitter.com/OSINTEng/status/1571381583008907264

TinyPortal © 2005-2012